Gamers' Lounge :  forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: CT2009 - ROUND II
Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: August 17, 2009 10:35AM

Not gonna be a rematch i think.. Just judge, as we both dont mind losing it to the other one.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: empError ()
Date: August 17, 2009 11:50AM

Ok.

The verdict:

LNO wins.

Argumentation:
LNO was stronger at the moment that the game halted. A possible argument against him was that he basically left, while the game was not over yet. The game had a long pause, though, and if I understood correctly, acro was also a bit pressed for time. One might say, in acro's favour, that you can always leave (with a good reason) when you have some advantage, and the game will be decided in your favour.

But then I consider that there was a previous game, which was strongly in LNO's advantage, because he had a better start, where he offered a re-match at a time when it was not strictly necessary. If he had not offered a re-match, time pressure would never have become an issue.

Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: August 18, 2009 08:26AM

i wasn't the only one with problems i think.. As i understood it, you or acro had problems too, it simply lagged out..

Posted by: sixamplayer ()
Date: August 18, 2009 11:34AM

this tourney is still going i see. i half expected to see that a victor had been declared

Posted by: Squeegie ()
Date: August 18, 2009 12:43PM

Superfontane,
I think I'll be free this Saturday... either early morning (end by 9AMish) or evening (any time after 3) Eastern US time.
Between those times I'll be visiting Mr Obama. He's expecting me around 11. Anyone want me to deliver a message?

The Squeeg

Posted by: -RIPPE- ()
Date: August 19, 2009 01:09AM

a death in the family...

after several restarts cuz of unfair maps we ended up with

me in grenada vs hallali in muscovy

after turn 40 when she firstly conceded i had about 60 pop more than her but forced her to play on since 60 pop more is no reason for me to stop fighting. but she entirely gave up and i won at last, with lots of pop more. she did very well and it was a sad victory.

next stop: icequeen!

Posted by: empError ()
Date: August 21, 2009 08:31AM

IceQueen was the judge but emperror is still loged on at the forum.

Squeegie - Nicaea
Superfontane - Castile

The lands from super are better around his cap but squeegie did say play on.
squeegie did have a greate start, luck all over. Superfontane did have a bad start. At turn 11 super did have 10 lands squeegie 19. I asked to super if he did want a rematch but he did play on. in turn 20 or 21 super did concede. It was never a match in my opinion.

Posted by: Squeegie ()
Date: August 21, 2009 09:04AM

That's a good description Emp. I wasn't sure the rules for a rematch... I know I wouldn't have asked for one if I had Super's start so I was leaning away from a rematch.

Rippe or other pro tourneyers are welcome to pipe up if you think we should play again.

Posted by: -RIPPE- ()
Date: August 22, 2009 06:23PM

round 2 is now closed!

disqualified for inactivity:
zakistan
jbf
sirbela
nelson
schopenhauer

Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.