Gamers' Lounge :  Conqueror! Forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
results 2 vs 2, b
Posted by: empError ()
Date: November 28, 2009 08:41AM

I start with a clean sheet on this topic:

Two matches versus DirtyHarry and Master:

#1:
Wales (Oz) vs Muscovy (master)
&
Grenada (empError) vs Cyprus (DirtyHarry)

Master expanded rapidly, while Harry and me kept about the same pace in terms of number of lands and population, although Harry seemed to protrude more towards Venetia, while I had mainly the lands around my cap. Master had the upper hand in the north from the beginning, and Oz had to give everything to stay alive. Harry contested a nicely developed Genoa with me. After a while, things seems to turn his way, but a little later, I recovered. Oz's situation was getting worse, however, and around turn 30 west conceded.

Attachments: OzEmp_MasDH.JPG (223 KB)  
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: results 2 vs 2, b
Date: November 28, 2009 08:52AM

Above, it should have been Nicaea for DirtyHarry. Cyprus is here:

#2:
Ulster (empError) vs. Transylvania (master)
&
Grenada (nerox) vs. Cyprus (DirtyHarry)

At the start, master offered a restart, as his lands were 'pretty awesome'. We went ahead nonetheless, and master expanded like a balloon blowing up. For a while, nerox and me could attack Master together, with Harry far away. We managed to take a few of his lands in Central Europe, but only briefly, and master used his spare resources to take Russia and develop. With Harry entering the battle, nerox had to divert lots of his resources to the south, and master could gradually push me back. Nerox was as big as master at this stage, but I was much smaller than Harry. When I had only UK, the coast, Lux, and Hanover left to fight with, I gave up.

Attachments: empNrx_MasDH.JPG (135.9 KB)  
Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: November 28, 2009 06:48PM

I got 2 without pictures.

West: Ulster (Adrien), Provence (me)
East: Podolia (DH), Nicaea (Master).

Everyone was luckier than Adrien, so east got off with alot better start. Master had some nice +2's. I started facing Master early, while Adrien faced problems. DH was leading much, and attacked me with some good luck. Adrien thought it was hopeless, and after Master had 2 pretty lucky turns, east conceded.

Winner: East

Date: November 28, 2009 06:52PM

And:

West: Ulster (DH), Aragon (Master).
East: Lith (Adrien), Nicaea (Me)

Good lands for west and me. ( Imo Adrien didn't). DH had a bad start, and things looked good for east. But as figthing started, i never got power to defeat master. Adrien never got total control, and due to master, DH got up to him. So east condeded, around turn 30?. Without me having 1 important firstmove.

Date: November 29, 2009 12:56PM

Ulster (empError) vs. Podolia (rob)
&
Provence (gun) vs Nicaea (Taft)

Taft (Adrien) had a nice developed Byz in front of him. Gun had a nice land in Rome nearby (I forgot, developed or +2). Gun had a bad start, however, and Rome produced armies. In the north, I kept up with rob, giving me some hope that I could save the game for west. But Taft controlled Italy, and advanced in the meantime. Gun managed to advance eventually, and got his Spanish backlands, but it was not nearly enough to keep pace with Taft.

In turn 34, Provence fell, and west conceded.

Attachments: empGun_robTaft.JPG (209.4 KB)  
Date: November 29, 2009 05:09PM

No screenshot as i apperently cant on this computer.

West: Ulster (oz), Aragon (Nerox)
vs
East: Crimea (Adrien), Nicaea (me)

Nerox had some extreme lands, with only tunis being bad. (If i am not wrong, he had about 8 dev, 10 with +1.) I was quickly bigger than Nerox, as i expanded faster. And due to a fort in Roma, i got stronger. Oz had some insane luck with some forts, which set Adrien back alot. Suddenly Nerox had all the luck for some turns, setting me back. Adrien thought it was over for 30 turns, where i matched Nerox in score, and oz winning in north. I farmed like i always do, and ended up with 100k frontlands. And then got Nerox under total control, while Adrien matched Oz, because he suddenly also got some very good turns. West conceded, as i was too strong.

Date: December 03, 2009 01:37PM

A game, where i stole countries from my teammate.

West: Ulster (Madman), Castile (Me)
East: Muscovy (Godsent), Nicaea (Nerox)

Forts where good troughout the game. Which caused some problems for all except Nerox. Godsent got hit worst, and had to take some well defended forts, giving him a "bad" start. I had very good lands, better than Nerox, with average lands. I took Normandy, Brit, and lux. + i also took Sax and Rhine when figthing started. Nerox had same pop as me for a long time, but i had more lands and was better advanced. Once i had advanced all, i started attacking Godsent in Bohemia and Bradenburg, and Nerox in Napoli and Dalmatia. Madman built up very slow, but put alot of pressure on Muscovy, but loosing Germany once in a while. i grew stronger and had pop for east combined. Game ended turn 53, where i (after having 4 firstmoves in a row) took Muscovy.

Date: December 26, 2009 11:04AM

Ulster (empError) vs. Muscovy (Gratis)
&
Aquitaine (Tommas) vs. Crete (LNO)

Gratis expanded much faster than I did, and he had far better lands to work with. I restricted myself to building up Scotland, and a path to a nicely developed Saxony. I even got to similarly developed Brandenburg for a little while. When I took a fort in Norway from the locals, Gratis took over easily, and remained a threat to Scotland for most of the game. My strategy was to let him pay in this 20k land, and focusing on Germany, but my disadvantage was too big.

In the south, the battle had started out pretty even, in terms of the score. Tommas tried to help me in Germany, by attacking Bohemia. Nevertheless, Gratis could easily keep up with me there. LNO gradually pushed Tommas back, and soon things looked bad for west, and I wanted to concede. In turn 36, I failed to build troops in (and around) Ulster, counting on a fort in Scotland to hold out. Gratis took Scotland, and Ulster in turn 37 (spring). I could get it back, but the cause was clearly lost, and in turn 39, west conceded.

Gratis had connection problems, and was replaced by Xerxes at some point, but the game was already decided then, imo.

Attachments: empTomm_GraLNO.JPG (142.7 KB)  
Posted by: ghost. ()
Date: December 30, 2009 03:29PM

This game has to go in for 1 reason:

Ulster (oz) - Muscovy (jenny/izzlekizzle)

castile (Nerox) - Nicaea (ghost)

Winner: East Turn: 72

The game started well for me, and i was in provence before Nerox, about turn 20 the battles were around roma - genoa and lux - bohemia. Up north Oz was sending many armies (up to 150) towards muscovy, after 2 of those muscovy fell but with me in algiers and provence we played on. Jenny got cap back for 4 turns and oz hit again, we carried on. I was made a trip into england and was in aquiatante now, BUt oz hit again taking muscovy, jenny got it back but in winter lost all troops and oz took it a fourth time, a few turns later jenny lost her cap again. Izzlekizzle then replaced, and after getting his cap back lost it again. We continued playing with me now in tangiers and gascony. I sent troops up through bulgaria and took izzle's cap back but only for Oz to take it back. The next turn i took Castile and england and West conceded. Muscovy was lost 7 times overall and more worryingly jenny called it one of her 'classic games'.The screenshot wasn't ingame unfortunately but...

Attachments: ghonerjenozizz.jpg (14.2 KB)  
Date: January 01, 2010 08:02AM

Ulster (Gratis) vs. Lithuania (King_Kent/LaHire)
&
Castile (Skunk) vs. Crete (empError)

I thought I had a good initial expansion, reaching a developed Rome and Sicily fast, but found out that Skunk had a bit more pop. Later, pop was similar, but his culture was ahead. I feared the worst when he sent large armies to the front, with a possibility of losing Italy early. When Corsica revolted, I reclaimed Rome, and kept Sicily for most of the time, and I could take my Balcan lands, where Dalmatia had gone up to 80k. Kent defended Austria/Venetia around that time. Gratis got the early advantage in north, but after a while, Kent seemed to get back in the game. LaHire substituted for Kent. There were only a few skirmishes between me and Gratis, and Skunk had one passage into Hungary and Transylvania.

Although Skunk developed well, and his moves were decent, I managed to move forward in central Europe, probably because of better money management. Skunk developed Algiers up to 100k, but left most other lands at 60k, while I had several lands going to 100k. Gratis had been making headway, taking Poland on occasion, but I think my progress slowed him down, as he had to be concerned to not lose Lux or England. In any case, LaHire got back in the game once again, while I kept making progress, so west conceded. It was turn 78 by then.

Attachments: GraSku_KKemp.JPG (142.9 KB)  
Date: January 01, 2010 09:35AM

Northumberland (Resistante) vs. Lithuania (ghost)
&
Grenada (empError) vs Greece (Gratis)

I experienced some trouble in getting a developed Gascony, and lost many troops to a fort in Algiers, setting by expansion back. Fights with Gratis started at Tunis, and soon involved Genoa too. While I just developed Aqui and Prov, I noticed Gratis already advanced Dalmatia, and maybe also Venetia (I forgot). Gratis skirmished with me a bit, but sent many troops to Rhineland, and to Normandy on one occasion. Resistante managed to remain in control in Germany, but ghost ruled in Scandinavia, seriously threatening Northumberland via Scotland. Gratis got an army in Provence in autumn, and took both Aquitaine and Ile de France, cutting off my forces in Italy, setting me further back. Resistante already wanted to concede, but we played on a bit. I forgot the next winter (or did I just raise too little money?), and Northumberland was about to fall at that point. West conceded in turn 33.

Attachments: ResEmp_ghoGra.JPG (139 KB)  
Date: January 01, 2010 12:13PM

Ulster (Lion) vs Lithuania (Gratis)
&
Provence (ghost) vs Crete (empError)

Tough starting positions for east, but we tried. Ghost focused on taking lands around his cap, while I tried to be the first to a fort in Dalmatia, but ghost got it anyway. When Venetia revolted, I could take over, but I failed to raise money in a winter, and ghost could take it for free. When ghost took Rome too, pressure on me became pretty high. Lion took Poland early in the game, but Gratis had the advantage in the north, and ghost started attacking Hungary. Gratis got to Venetia, helping me to secure Dalmatia again, and I also got firm control of a fort in Napoli. I was risking a lot, gambling on first turn very often. Ghost had been developing his backlands in Spain up to 80k then, while I was approaching Tunis through Africa. On two occasions, ghost retreated in Africa, making me pay a lot, leading to troop losses. Turn 51, Macedonia fell, and there was a slight risk that I'd get cut from the Balcans. This was one occasion where I had to pay a lot in Africa, and even more because of not having Mac. At this point, turn 53, east conceded.

Attachments: LioGho_GraEmp.JPG (143.3 KB)  
Date: February 23, 2010 06:05PM

Ulster (godsent) vs. Lithuania (Gratis)
&
Grenada (master) vs. Nicaea (empError)

I had an excellent start, and soon spread to Sicilia, Helvetica, and Palestine. I should be strong enough to crush master, but not having played much lately, I made some mistakes, in one case leading to major troop losses in winter, which evened the situation in the south.

Gratis gradually got the better in the north, though, and soon it became clear that east would win this game. In turn 40/41, west conceded, with godsent having little more than the UK lands.

Attachments: gsMas_GraEmp.JPG (144 KB)  
Date: February 23, 2010 06:08PM

I should correct: I was Byzantium in the game reported above.

It was a re-match for this game:

Ulster (Gratis) vs. Muscovy (godsent)
&
Castile (empError) vs. Nicaea (Master)

Master had an excellent start, and would probably be able to decide the game in case the northern contest would be even. But it was not even, and in turn 12 godsent already took Ulster, ending the game.

Attachments: GraEmp_godsMas.JPG (138 KB)  
Date: February 24, 2010 03:51PM

Amazing game. 70 turns!

Kobrakai (Ulster) and Grenada (Me)
vs
Gratis (Lithuania) and Myopia (Byzantium)

Kobrakai had alot of soldiers too kil, and Myopia didn't get so far in the start, leaving me and Gratis to fight. Bradenburg and Saxony both 40k dev +1, so we fought hard over Saxony. Gratis had somehow also advanced Bradenburg :( While i had advanced Aquitaine. Kobrakai got some ground in Scandinavia, and joined the fight in Germany. I had good control over Myopia, and could advance more.

Game goes on, and Gratis gets to England once in a while and Myopia pulls back every time i assemble a large army, leaving me to pay about 1500 every winter. Myopia built up nicely, and (shocking!) i did too. As it came clear to me, that i would not win by winning 150 vs the 0 in Macedonia, i switched my target to Germany. Myopia was now only 20 pop behind me and Gratis leading with 40, but a pretty good result in Palestine, ensured that i had control over Africa. I got Germany from Gratis, while keeping Myopia down. Kobrakai got Scandinavia and and controlled Emperror in Germany, ending in east conceding.

Attachments: Great game2.jpg (357.4 KB)  
Posted by: Myopia ()
Date: February 25, 2010 01:16PM

Yay I averaged 9.8k/land! :)

Date: March 03, 2010 05:38PM

Ulster (Aristoteles) vs Muscovy (game__/Squeegie)
&
Grenada (Lancelot) vs Nicaea (empError)

I had a good early expansion, compared to Lancelot, and quickly took control of forts in Sicilia and Roma, even getting taking Tunis from Lance for a while. game__ (I forgot the exact name) was doing quite well, staying just a little behind the rest in the score. He had to leave after a while, and was replaced by Squeegie. Squeegie soon got the upper hand in the north. Lance developed much faster than I. I was particularly slow to advance Dalmatia. By the time I did, Lance was increasing pressure on Italy, and he had already taken control of most of Africa. Squeegie was similarly increasing pressure on Aristoteles. Lancelot was strongest, closely followed by Squeegie, than me and finally Ari. Squeegie had to help me out around Venetia, like Lancelot protected Ari in Germany. Gradually, Lance's population increased to equal Squeeg's and mine combined. Still, Squeegie had opportunities at taking Ulster, and Aristoteles was in danger of collapsing, while I could safely hold Macedonia and Egypt for a long time. At turn 89/90, Squeegie had to leave, and there was no replacement. I think it would be fair to call it a draw, considering that Lancelot's chances were increasing as the game progressed, but east had good chances of winning by knocking out Aristoteles.

Attachments: AriLan_SquEmp.jpg (293.2 KB)  
Date: March 03, 2010 07:30PM

Ulster (empError) vs. Muscovy (Zenn-Lavian)
&
Grenada (Malakira) vs. Nicaea (dannyray)

Dannyray had a good start, but lost his advantage due to him getting disconnected frequently. From turn 8 onwards, or so, I started to lag behind the others in development. The battle in the south seemed quite balanced to me. I could get to a fort in Sweden first, but was easily pushed out of Scandinavia, struggling to hold on to Scotland. Similarly, I got to Rhineland first, but was rapidly pushed out of Germany, fighting to hold on to Holland and Luxembourg.

With Zenn invading Scotland regularly, and easily paying for 40+ troops there in winter, west conceded in turn 37.

Attachments: empMal_ZLdr.jpg (288.4 KB)  
Date: March 07, 2010 03:54PM

Ulster (IzzleKizzle) vs. Lithuania (Oz)
&
Aquitaine (empError) vs. Nicaea (Gratis)

The game started out nicely, with about equal starts, as far as I can remember. Venetia, Roma, and Sardinia were developed, I believe, and Gratis had two +2s. After taking Sardinia, I planned on taking both Venetia and Roma, but a bad ratio at Venetia made me cancel my plans for Rome. In the north, IzzleKizzle had a run through Poland, making him feel confident, and in a position to help me.

Gratis took control of Venetia, after a while, and he assisted Oz by attacking southern Germany. Oz launched a major attack through Scandinavia, taking Izzle by surprise, and Oz got a firm hold on these lands. I tried a strategy of retreating in winter, several times, but Gratis could always pay, and I was short of money myself, once. Gratis sent armies through my defenses in central Europe, and he took control of Tunis. By this time, he had more lands and far more population than me. Izzle still looked quite strong, but fighting major armies from Gratis took his toll, and made his supply lines towards the front at Poland vulnerable. West conceded in turn 39.

Attachments: IzzEmp_OzGra.jpg (295.7 KB)  
Date: March 07, 2010 04:05PM

Ulster (ghost) vs. Livonia (Gratis)
&
Grenada (IceQueen) vs Nicaea (empError)

I had a pretty good start, with good ratios versus the neutral lands. Soon, I controlled Napoli and a developed Sicilia, and I made sure to develop up to Dalmatia and Napoli fast. I had some advantage then, but Ice sent out some large armies to take over Tunis and Sicilia, and to contest Roma and Venetia. From that moment on, we were quite equal in terms of population and culture. Gratis felt strong, and took upon him the defense of Austria. At some point, my orders didn't get in, or I was disconnected, in autumn, and I had way too many armies to pay for in winter. From that moment, Ice got the upper hand, taking control of Sicilia and Venetia, and confronting Gratis more and more. Pressure on Gratis increased, and ghost pulled up his camps in Brandenburg and Sweden. With some luck, I would still be able to get the upper hand in the south, but Gratis didn't look very strong anymore. In turn 66, east conceded.

Attachments: ghoIce_GraEmp.jpg (294 KB)  
Pages: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.