Gamers' Lounge :  Conqueror! Forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: results 2 vs 2, b
Posted by: empError ()
Date: April 05, 2010 05:39PM

Ulster (empError) vs. Prussia (ghost)
&
Castile (leResistance) vs. Nicaea (Rex)

we played this game on a 30s turn timer, which bothered leResistance and myself a lot, as we seemed to have more trouble in getting our orders in in time. Ghost soon controlled both Scandinavia and Germany, and Rex was probably getting stronger than leResistance already, when ghost sent some armies south, and had an army moving around Castile, up till Leon. With me losing Holland and Scotland, and no armies to defend Ulster (but plenty in Northumberland!), west conceded in turn 41.

Although some considered it fun, I found it hard play within 30s. I had a turn without a single move, and sometimes I got only two in. Changing production was hard to achieve, and if you stopped to think about a move, you would hardly get anything done.

Attachments: empRes_ghoRex.JPG (225.4 KB)  
Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 05, 2010 05:52PM

Ulster (empError) vs. Muscovy (Gratis)
&
Provence (dannyray) vs. Nicaea (LNO)

Danny had some nice +2s in his front (3, I heard), and was bound to win the southern battle. I had a fast progress through Hanover and Brandenburg, and contested Poland with Gratis for a little while. Gratis got stronger, however, and was slowly taking over Germany and Scandinavia. Danny pushed forward in the direction of Poland, however, urging Gratis to put efforts into his defences at Bohemia and Austria. This allowed me to take control of Germany. Danny was too strong for LNO: Italy and Africa were soon controlled by danny, who also got to Dalmatia and Macedonia. Gratis held out well in Scandinavia, but I got behind his defences at Poland. In turn 46, east conceded.

Attachments: empDR_GraLNO.JPG (227.7 KB)  
Date: April 05, 2010 06:02PM

A game yesterday:

Ulster (empError) vs. Lithuania (Gratis)
&
Castile (King_Kent) vs. Crete (Arpad/finz)

Arpad had a rough start, with many armies resisting in Greece, Macedonia, Dalmatia, etc. He left at some point, and was replaced by finz.

I forgot the details of the northern battle, but Gratis soon controlled Scandinavia and Germany, and I had no way of keeping up with his population.

King_Kent helped me a bit, but there was no stopping Gratis. In turn 52 or so, Ulster fell, and in the two years after that, I was wiped out completely. So east clearly won.

Attachments: empKK_GraFinz.JPG (220.3 KB)  
Date: April 05, 2010 06:12PM

Also yesterday:
Ulster (?/waaq) vs. Lithuania (kingmark6)
&
Aragon (empError) vs. Crete (myopia)

I had nicely developed lands in Grenada and Tangiers, while myopia had the same in Nicaea and Natolia. I forgot who started in Ulster. Maybe two-worlds, or ghost, or Vox? Myopia ignored Natolia and everything behind it, and went for developed Napoli and Roma, from where he took a fort in Genoa, troubling my progress at Provence, and launching some attacks to Ulster's defences at Normandy and Luxembourg. Around turn 12 or so, he got to England. This allowed me to get the fort in Genoa, and I became stronger than myopia in south, but the balance in the north was now strongly in the advantage of kingmark. I needed to help out there, but didn't have the strength. I tried to launch an army of 150 to Poland, but myopia took it out before it reached Bohemia. With kingmark taking Ulster's empire, west conceded in turn 52.

Attachments: waaqEmp_km6Myo.JPG (209.2 KB)  
Posted by: Myopia ()
Date: April 05, 2010 07:38PM

It was Ghost that started in Ulster. And when he left, Ulster was stronger than Lithuania, with Holland already 40k adv +2, and Lithuania shouldn't need help against Ulster in the first place. Throughout the game I was sending ~40 armies/year at Waaq through central Europe as well.

Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: April 06, 2010 04:56AM

Roma, Venetia = 30k prim +2. Austria 40k dev +1, Sardinia 30k dev +2. + some +2s in his backlands and about all lands doing something usefull. As a constrast, my best land was Egypt, which was 10k dev +1 and made a fort. - But still a good job by Danny, who mannaged to use his good lands well. - But we agreed it was over turn 10 though. But still - Win streak ended at 24. (27 if you count small battles)

Date: April 06, 2010 11:45AM

Good, first step in creating a new streak of 24 consecutive losses for LNO! :)

Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: April 06, 2010 02:17PM

Lol, that would be horrible!

Date: May 02, 2010 05:08PM

Ulster (Squeegie) vs Muscovy (jojo)
&
Castile (two-worlds/Rex) vs Nicaea (empError)

There were some nicely developed lands in the center of the map, around Austria. I rushed towards these. I had some nice +2s too. Two-worlds soon left to be replaced by Rex. Positions seemed quite balanced both in the north and the south. Rex soon got the better of me in the south, and by turn 33 he got to Macedonia, at which point I think east had already lost, although jojo seemed quite in balance with Squeegie still. jojo helped me by sending some armies to France, and Rex responded by taking Hungary, making life difficult for jojo.
Rex kept taking Macedonia from me, and took all of Africa. In turn 48, east conceded.

Attachments: SquRex_jojoEmp.jpg (287.1 KB)  
Date: May 03, 2010 05:45PM

England (Rex) vs Lithuania (Arpad/Master)
&
Morocco (empError) vs Syria (dannyray)

I had a pretty good start, the best on the map, but soon had to consolidate my rebellious lands. Rex came down to Burgundy, Helvetica, Dalmatia, and even Serbia. Rex looked very strong, while I kept up with danny. When danny and me met, danny appeared to be stronger, and he was able to send substantial armies towards Rex. Arpad got disconnected, came back, and then left, probably after a second disconnection. Master replaced. Although his situation was precarious at that time, he soon got even with Rex, helped by dannyray. Soon, I was pushed back, and Rex also was driven in an underdog-position. In turn 38, west conceded.

Attachments: RexEmp_MasDr.jpg (285 KB)  
Date: May 03, 2010 05:53PM

Ulster (empError) vs Lithuania (Rex)
&
Aquitaine (master) vs Nicaea (Oz)

I had a pretty bad start. Rex went for some developed lands in Central Europe, thereby confronting master. I focused on Scandinavia. Master held off Rex, while building up an advantage over Oz. Rex sent some parties through our defences, and put some pressure on me, but master relieved the pressure by intervening in Germany. Master's populations was the largest by far, and the pressure on Oz slowly increased, while master helped me get as strong as Rex.
In turn 48, east conceded.

Attachments: empMas_RexOz.jpg (293.7 KB)  
Date: May 06, 2010 06:44PM

Ulster (hst) vs Transylvania (LeRes)
&
Aquitaine (kaze) vs Nicaea (empError)

Res had nicely developed lands in Poland and Bohemia. Kaze stayed close to home, apparently fearing LeRes. This gave me the chance to move up to Tunis and Sardinia, and a bit later to Roma. With some first moves, I roamed kaze's lands, destroying development/advancement in Ile and Gascony. LeRes was doing well in north, and it looked like east was winning. Then I got d/c, and couldn't get back for a while. Apparently the game was ended at this point. I think it's fair to say that east won.

No screenshot this time.

Date: May 06, 2010 06:55PM

Wales (Rex) vs. Lithuania (kaze)
&
Grenada (LeRes) vs. Nicaea (empError)

Rex had a pretty bad start, and also pretty bad lands, I believe. I quickly moved up to a fort in Roma, from where I could contest Genoa, which yielded 2 armies per turn. LeRes responded by putting pressure on Napoli and pushing forward in Africa, up till Egypt. I held Genoa for most of the time, though. Overall, the battle in the south wat pretty balanced. In the north, Rex was paying for his bad start, and kaze also had most first moves. Germany was under kaze's control, and Res was in no position to help. Res had to leave and BubbaGump replaced. I was about to push forward on all fronts, and just one or two turns after Res's departure, west conceded.

Attachments: RexRes_kazEmp.jpg (297 KB)  
Date: May 08, 2010 11:44AM

Ulster (Oz) vs. Lithuania (RockstaR)
&
Grenada (LNO) vs. Nicaea (empError)

I had quite some +2 lands, in Dalmatia, Napoli, and Syria, but LNO had many dev+1s, and he quickly moved up to Genoa, Helvetica, and a fort in Venetia. I tried to threaten his supply lines through Rome, and could capture Venetia and threaten Genoa. LNO was much faster than I was in taking the African lands, and he also managed to raise a lot of money, thereby quickly advancing each land he captured. In this way, he advanced Tunis in the same turn that Napoli developed.

In the north, Oz had better lands than RockstaR (according to RockstaR, I didn't pay much attention). Oz conquered Scandinavia and put pressure on Muscovy. East was ready to concede in turn 27, but we played one more turn so that Oz could capture Lithuania. LNO was protruding into the Balcans by that time, too.

Attachments: OzLNO_RstEmp.jpg (294 KB)  
Date: May 08, 2010 01:33PM

Just a quick post in support of your recaps, emperror. I enjoy reading them and thank you for posting them.

Date: May 08, 2010 05:10PM

Ulster (empError) vs Lithuania (ghost)
&
Castile (Rex) vs. Crete (myopia)

myopia experienced trouble with some lands (Greece, Macedonia) raising troops. I experienced trouble with Holland revolting. I gathered an army in England to take it back, but then England revolted too, while I bought development that turn. So then both myopia and me were in bad shape. Ghost was already taking Saxony when I had to re-take Holland. Rex identified his occupation of a developed Brittany as the culprit for my rebellious lands, so he gave it to me.

I experienced severe pressure on Holland and Scotland, but I survived, also because ghost and Rex started fighting against each other. Rex pushed forward in Africa, and built up pressure on Napoli. In the meantime, I was able to advance and grow my lands pretty well. So while I got strong enough to resist ghost's attacks, Rex remained strong enough to push myopia back, and to threaten ghost's lands. In turn 45, east conceded.

Attachments: empRex_ghoMyo.jpg (290 KB)  
Date: May 08, 2010 06:32PM

Ulster (empError) vs Lithuania (ghost)
&
Aragon (Rex) vs. Nicaea (myopia)

The start were a bit slow for ghost and me. Nevertheless, first contact was between Rex and ghost around Austria. As in the previous game, Rex appeared to be lucky in battle, with good ratios and first turns. Ghost's early focus on Rex gave me the opportunity to take forts in Hanover and Saxony, while keeping up a reasonable development. Rex stood his ground in Venetia, battling for Dalmatia throughout most of the game, and resisting attacks from ghost. I think I was at least as strong as ghost, while Rex clearly had the upper hand in the south. In turn 37/38, east conceded.

Attachments: empRex_ghoMyo2.jpg (288.2 KB)  
Date: May 09, 2010 12:25PM

Ulster (JaketheSnack/LNO/ghost) vs. Lithuania (LeRes)
&
Aquitaine (LNO/IceQueen) vs. Nicaea (empError)

LNO had pretty lousy lands around, and he complained of bad luck. He did get a fort in Rome before me, which would cost me dozens of armies in the first half of the game. LNO left after my first attempt at Rome, to be replaced by IceQueen. LeRes had the upper hand in the north by that time, although Jake had had an early raid through Scandinavia up to Muscovy (and beyond, I think). Res helped me push IceQueen back. Ice was pushed back slowly. LNO had replaced in Ulster, and he soon was back to the lands surrounding UK, at which point he conceded and left, but ghost took over the dying hours. I was amazed how Ice could have as large a population as I had, although I felt stronger, and Res was pushing too. by turn 56 or so, Ulster fell, and ghost was wiped out completely. Ice wanted to play on, nevertheless. But at turn 60, we stopped. So east won.

Attachments: JtSLNO_ResEmp.jpg (286 KB)  
Date: May 09, 2010 02:03PM

Saxony (empError) & Muscovy (myopia)
vs.
Castile (LeRes) & Napoli (IceQueen)

This map resembles one I played earlier, with Molotov in Russia, me in Hanover, King_Kent in Napoli, and Oz in Aragon. That one should be posted in the other 2 vs 2 thread, and resulted in a north win. So I expected north to win this too, as the positions seemed even more favorable for north.

Myopia moved to Moldavia early, to put pressure on Macedonia early, to prevent Ice from using Asia. I tried to get England developed quickly, so that I could use the UK. As in the other game, this did not succeed, as LeRes took England just before it developed. After that, I quickly lost my defenses at Venetia and Luxembourg, and was down to a few lands with only my cap advanced. Ice, on the other hand, had some advanced backlands and looked tough to break. Myopia tried to help by coming through Scandinavia and protecting me in Scandinavia, but it was to no avail. In turn 36 Saxony fell, and south won.

Attachments: empMyo_ResIce.jpg (282.8 KB)  
Date: May 10, 2010 01:44PM

Ulster (Grrrr) vs. Muscovy (LeRes)
&
Castile (empError) vs. Greece (DorianGray)

This was a very poor game on my part. Dorian pushed forward very rapidly. In turn 12, I forgot winter and bought armies. Algiers and Portugal revolted and Tunis was left empty for Dorian to grab. +2 Burgundy was already threatened. From this moment on, Dorian had about twice the number of lands I had, and also twice my pop, culture, and armies.

Res was also at an advantage in the north. In turn 28, west conceded.

Attachments: GrrrEmp_ResDG.jpg (263.8 KB)  
Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.