Gamers' Lounge :  forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: results 2 vs 2, b
Posted by: empError ()
Date: May 14, 2010 05:04AM

Ulster (empError) vs. Lithuania (IceQueen)
&
Grenada (hallali) vs. Greece (dannyray)

The map was quite rich, with several developed and + lands for everyone. My developed lands were Norway and Flanders, which was not as good as the others had. My expansion was slow compared to the others. Danny also expanded faster than hallali, and took Italy quite early. Hallali took all of Africa, and kept up with danny in population, despite having fewer lands. By turn 28, danny started countering in Africa, and he started moving into France. I was trying to hold on to Norway, Holland, and Luxembourg all game. By turn 30, west conceded.

Attachments: empHall_iceDr.jpg (287.4 KB)  
Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 14, 2010 05:13AM

Ulster (IceQueen) vs. Lithuania (empError)
&
Grenada (Williams) vs. Greece (dannyray)

To keep it short: East ruled. Ice had some trouble taking the neutral lands. Ice wanted to try and survive until turn 40, after which west conceded.

Attachments: IceWill_empDr.jpg (294.1 KB)  
Posted by: IceQueen ()
Date: May 17, 2010 11:56PM

This I accidentally posted here, but it should be in the 3 vs 3. I can edit the message, but not remove it, nor change the picture.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2010 12:01AM by IceQueen.

Attachments: sirbEmpSqu_RexHstZL.JPG (216.5 KB)  
Date: May 21, 2010 11:06PM

Ulster (IceQueen) vs. Podolia (Iconnu/RockstaR)
&
Ile de France (two-worlds) vs. Nicaea (empError)

Iconnu got disconnected halfway through this game, and RockstaR substituted, and soon got control of Germany, although Ice held up in Scandinavia. I held up to two-worlds, although I think it would be a matter of time before two-worlds would get the advantage, if it were just between the two of us. But rockstar was in a good position to also mess with two-worlds. Two-worlds got disconnected, however, and I think it was prolix who substituted. When he attacked England in turn 26, we ended the game.

Attachments: Ice2w_IcoRstEmp.jpg (297.1 KB)  
Date: May 21, 2010 11:15PM

Ulster (dannyray) vs. Lithuania (MrScientist)
&
Aragon (Williams) vs. Nicaea (empError)

My start was not too good, but dannyray's was really gruesome. Nevertheless, I caught up with Williams in the score, although he started with very good lands. Scientist lost dozens of armies on neutral forts, allowing danny to get back in the game a bit. Although the score looked pretty even by turn 23, dannyray lost faith and west conceded.

Attachments: drWill_SciEmp.jpg (289.9 KB)  
Date: May 21, 2010 11:26PM

Ulster (empError) vs. Muscovy (gun)
&
Aquitaine (Malakira/easyM) vs. Crete (ArtofBingo)

This was quite a balanced game, overall. I felt I gained a slight advantage in the north by getting hold of the lucrative lands Rhineland (a army per turn) and Saxony (2 armies per turn). ArtofBingo did well in the south, and he helped gun take control of those lands, so that it seemed to me that east had a slight advantage in both the north and the south. EasyM replaced Malakira, and this seemed to turn the southern battle in west's advantage, I felt. But the game stayed quite balanced, until in turn 41 or 42, gun lost connection. No one replaced, so that was the end of it. I'd say it was undecided. On the map I have Poland, but that was only two or three turns after gun disconnected.

Attachments: empMal_gunAoB.jpg (296.2 KB)  
Date: May 22, 2010 11:04AM

Wales (empError) vs. Lithuania (master)
&
Grenada (RockstaR) vs. Crete (Malakira)

We had already restarted because the team master-RockstaR had good lands. Now master again had many developed lands around, and +2s, at least in Finland. But England and Luxemburg also were alright, and rockstar had a decent advantage with Grenada vs. Crete. Rockstar indeed did get the advantage in the south. I contested a 2-armies-per-turn Saxony with master for a while. Master did get a similarly advantageous Sweden, and I was not able to contest both with him. By the time I got England advanced, master already had several lands advanced, and soon his troops were overwhelming me. Rockstar helped a bit, but his advantage did not match master's advantage. In turn 33, my empire started to crumble down, and my cap would surely fall in the next year. So west conceded then.

Attachments: empRSt_MasMal.jpg (297 KB)  
Date: May 26, 2010 01:21PM

Ulster (LNO) vs. Muscovy (Lancelot)
&
Provence (Williams) vs. Nicaea (empError)

Lancelot's initial expansion was faster than LNO's. A bit later, LNO was in the offensive, nevertheless, intruding up to the surroundings of Bohemia. In the south, I managed to get Dalmatia for most of the time, which yielded 2 armies per turn. Also, my expansion was faster than Williams'.

Although LNO appeared in the offensive, and he had more lands, Lancelot had more population, and soon Lancelot was gaining ground. After I advanced Macedonia and Dalmatia, I was in a position to raise much more armies than Williams could raise, and began pushing him back. Lancelot assisted me a bit around Austria, and soon it became apparent that east would win. In turn 26, west conceded.

Attachments: LNOWill_LanEmp.jpg (297.4 KB)  
Date: May 27, 2010 12:25AM

Northumberland (empError) vs. Lithuania (Rex)
&
Grenada (Williams) vs Crete (LNO)

I tried to get a foot in Germany, while Rex focused more on Scandinavia. LNO also moved into Germany, and the eastern lands got a hold of lucrative Saxony and Luxembourg. I persisted in advancing my capital and developing England, and was pushed back to my island, with few armies to defend me. By turn 16, west conceded. I probably would not have survived another year.

Attachments: empWill_RexLNO.jpg (285.7 KB)  
Date: May 27, 2010 10:21AM

Ulster (IceQueen) vs. Lithuania (godsent)
&
Grenada (tonkietjai/two-worlds/?/VinceCable) vs. Nicaea (empError)

tonkietjai was blessed with a line of developed lands from Algiers to Tripoli and Sicilia, and also Aragon was developed. I tried to compensate by grabbing a lucrative Roma, and especially Genoa (which advanced and then yielded 3 armies per turn), through Dalmatia, and I also took Hungary, and Wallachia. tonkie came all the way to Egypt, and had me raise armies in all my Asian lands to keep up with his armies there. Tonkie did not invest much in his development of the central European lands, but advanced Cyrenaica fast.

In the north, godsent had trouble grabbing the neutral lands around him, and soon Ice was intruding in gs's lands. After a while, gs recovered, and got a good advantage in population. Probably Ice was investing much in development and advancement during this time.

Two-worlds replaced tonkietjai, and I was surprised to get even in the score with these players, and even contest Burgundy for a while. IceQueen was now again winning against godsent, and sent some troops down at Austria and Dalmatia. I handed Wallachia to godsent now, in hopes of restoring balance in the north.

I believe there was a third player in Grenada for a while, which was replaced by VinceCable, who made more work of developing the central European lands. He put up a much better fight than his predecessors, but got cut several times by me taking Tunis, or by moving 80 armies into Dalmatia and losing Venetia. All this just kept things balanced in the south, however.

In the north, IceQueen was getting many first turns, and got control of Germany, threatening Poland, which eventually fell. After that, a substantial army protruded behind godsent's defenses, and got to Lithuania in turn 52.

So the west won.

Attachments: Ice2w_ghoEmp.jpg (296.3 KB)  
Date: May 27, 2010 10:43AM

Hanover (?/godsent) & Muscovy (tonkietjai)
vs.
Castile (empError) & Napoli (IceQueen)

I forgot who was the first player in Hanover, although he played almost all game.

Saxony was nicely developed. Also Nicaea was to be noted as a developed land that I believe yielded 2 armies per turn. Hanover immediately moved to England. Tonkietjai confronted Ice at Bulgaria. Despite this, Ice had enough reserves to capture Nicaea, but things looked a bit fragile when Hanover moved into Austria, threatening Dalmatia, and drawing away troops from Macedonia. To alleviate this pressure a bit, I confronted Hanover at Burgundy. Around this time, the Hanover player was replaced by godsent.

I just advanced Castile, and developed Gascony and some other lands around that time, so now I could go full swing for England, and immediately Hanover was crumbling down. North conceded in turn 17.

Taking earlier games with similar maps into consideration, I think it is safe to conclude that Hanover and even Saxony are vulnerable against Spain, while Napoli is also a bit vulnerable, but not as much. Losing England often is the start of the end for Hanover.

Attachments: gsTon_empIce.jpg (283.7 KB)  
Date: May 28, 2010 06:00AM

Ulster (Rex) vs. Ukraine (?/empError)
&
Grenada (hst) vs. Palestine (master)

I substituted in this game, in turn 18 or so. I found many lands in want of development, and enough armies to threaten Holland. Master had moved into Dalmatia and Macedonia, but still had to take Serbia, Bulgaria. He seemed to have no trouble opposing hst. I got many first moves against Rex, so although I had to catch up in development, I could sustain my fronts in Sweden and Germany reasonably well. I got kicked from the game, I think because Rex used some Danish sign. Jedahiel, or something, took over for a turn. When I came back, I was blessed with more armies than I had hoped for, and could not pay in winter (although I could have saved a lot by not moving so many armies forward), and lost quite a lot of armies. Master sent some armies into Germany then, and I recovered soon, again thanks to some first turns. I maybe had a slight advantage over Rex then, but Master had reached Algiers and controlled most of Italy. West conceded in turn 48.

Attachments: RexHst_empMas.jpg (291.3 KB)  
Date: May 28, 2010 08:58PM

Ulster (ArtOfBingo) vs Ukraine (gun)
&
Aquitaine (RockstaR) vs Nicaea (empError)

I wasn't too happy with Serbia, Dalmatia, Hungary, and Transylvania all building up to 6-8 armies, and developed lands in Corsica and Helvetica. RockstaR confronted me at Rome, which I got, and from there I could take one of his bordering lands almost every turn. Helped by some first turns, I even sent a party to Normandy. But even with these successes, scores between RockstaR and me were in balance, while it seemed only a matter of time before I would have to give up Roma and maybe more. AoB grew stronger and stronger in the north, and after grabbing Germany, Poland came under intense pressure. AoBs troops breached the lines, and went shopping in Russia. When AoB also sent some troops down to take Dalmatia from me, it was clear that east stood no chance. East conceded turn 38.

Attachments: AoBRst_gunEmp.jpg (292.9 KB)  
Date: May 31, 2010 12:01PM

Ulster (empError) vs Podolia (myopia)
&
Castile (Rex) vs Cyprus (master)

Rex and me were confronted with troop-building lands all around us, with a few exceptions. Myopia and master expanded way faster. I stayed close to Ulster, developing first a line of lands up till Holland, and then the other lands. Myopia got to a nice 50k developed Sweden, and took Holland, after which England revolted on me.

Rex could hold off Master at a fort in Venetia for a while, but master soon found his way to Algiers.

I could recover a bit, and advance all lands up to Norway, Holland, Flanders, Normany. Myopia got some of his lands up to 80 or 90k by that time, but I felt that with a little luck I could get even with him.

Master ruled in the south, though, and west conceded turn 37.

Attachments: empRex_myoMas.jpg (267 KB)  
Date: May 31, 2010 02:31PM

Normandy (Williams) vs Sweden (LeRes)
&
Tunis (Rex) vs Wallachia (empError)

Rex came straight to Macedonia, where we collided. Bulgaria, with 4 armies, built a fort, blocking my way to Asia, as I needed my armies to oppose Rex. Rex, in the meantime, took Africa, and later Asia, while developing most of his lands. Williams and Res were fighting a pretty even battle, in which LeRes seemed to be gaining ground slowly. Dalmatia, Serbia, and Austria rebelled on me, setting me back in my fight against Rex. I decided to launch an attack on Williams, who seemed to panic a bit because of that.

Rex had grown strongest on the map, with me and Res having quite a bit less population, and Williams at the bottom of the score. Rex could take Macedonia now and then, and he moved up to Byzantium. I defended forts at Bulgaria and Venetia, while waiting for Res to win the game. Res had quite early gotten control of a fort at Hanover, and he got control of UK, most of which he advanced. By turn 46, he started to get chances on taking Normandy, and in turn 48, it was taken, ending the game.

Williams appeared to have advanced his backlands, but had left his front lands primitive.

Attachments: WillRex_ResEmp.jpg (293.7 KB)  
Date: June 02, 2010 11:36AM

Wales (hst) vs. Lithuania (Malakira)
&
Tangiers (Sitting_Bull) vs. Natolia (empError)

Sitting_Bull quickly moved forward in Africa, where he tried to take a developed Egypt from me. Although he got it once, this seemed like a huge waste of effort to me. I expanded more towards central Europe, where I met Bull at Genoa-Prov/Burgundy. I had an advantage in population then. Malakira generally had an advantage against hst, ruling most of Germany.

Bull got even with me in Central Europe, and sent some armies to Malakira. I was surprised to see that he had surpassed me in population, although I had been developing pretty steadily. A 100 k Burgundy played a large part in that.

Bull and me were pretty even in terms of population. Malakira continued to have an advantage. Then Bull got disconnected, and he didn't come back the next two turns (during which I did not attack, and Mala took Helvetica from Bull). Then hst conceded, also because he wanted to participate in the next 2 vs 2, I think.

I think the map has a fair east advantage.

Attachments: hstSB_MalEmp.jpg (299.4 KB)  
Date: June 20, 2010 09:52AM

Ulster (Gratis) vs. Lithuania (dannyray)
&
Castile (empError) vs. Crete (master)

Both dannyray and master had some excellent developed + lands in front of them, although master argued that a 10k developed Genoa and Corsica were just as good.

Dannyray expanded faster than Gratis, and master expanded way faster than me, soon reaching double my size. After some skirmishes around Helvetica, Genoa, and Tunis, master pushed forward to Aquitaine. Meanwhile, he sent some troops to attack Gratis in southern Germany.

Our struggle had lasted long enough in turn 32. Then Gratis and me conceded.

Attachments: GraEmp_DRMas.jpg (291.4 KB)  
Posted by: Master ()
Date: June 20, 2010 12:10PM

It was +1 dev 10 k in leon, burgundy, genoa vs +2dev in mace , +2 in syria, dev in greece.
I think that is even yes. Ratios and how the local countries develop might have been unfair - I dunno.

Date: July 16, 2010 10:18PM

Scotland (empError) vs. Muscovy (Rex)
&
Grenada (Musashi) vs. Nicaea (xi)

I had a fast early expansion, and might have put a lid on the game if I didn't get a poor ratio taking a (then neutral) fort in Finland. After that, Rex and me stayed balanced throughout the game. I got almost all first turns, it seemed.

In the south, xi got control of Italy, but Musashi expanded far into Africa. Xi also got control of Austria, Helvetica, and Burgundy, and Musashi was pushed back in Africa. With xi having about twice Musashi's population, west conceded in turn 35.

Attachments: empMus_RexXi.jpg (298.2 KB)  
Date: July 17, 2010 08:22AM

Ulster (IceQueen) & Hanover (empError)
vs.
Tunis (live4games) & Nicaea (LeRes)

Everyone expanded a bit. I was a bit frustrated by Poland and Sweden building armies. 2 armies in a fort in Moldavia were conquered by 8 or so of LeRes, but only 1 survived, with little backup, so I could easily take it the next turn, and Res lost quite some troops trying to get it. A similar scenario developed around a fort in Genoa, all of its defending armies being annihilated by l4g, and the next turn I had first move to take it, although l4g got it then anyways, due to a good ratio. l4g ran out of money, so that a fort at Grenada was evacuated in winter, to be grabbed by Ice. After some skirmishes in northern Italy, between l4g, Ice, and myself, Ice took Genoa and was ready to keep on moving forward. I finally lost Moldavia to Res, which gave south some hope, but after two more turns, south conceded, mainly because of l4g's horrible situation.

Attachments: IceEmp_l4gRes.jpg (288.7 KB)  
Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.