Gamers' Lounge :  forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: results 2 vs 2, b
Posted by: Akiran ()
Date: July 19, 2010 06:40AM

ulster (ubersmench) <> lithuania (alt)
and vs. and
aragon (bubblegump) <> nicaea (malakira)

it started fairly equal with bubblegump gaining the many developed lands around and alt having a tough time accesing his backlands ubersmench gained strong lands in scandinavia and gave alt a harder time. I did have a few far away plus 2 lands in syria and serbia but with my slow expansion rate i lost ground to bubblegump then alt interfered and helped me with genoa which gave me time to gain some ground in the balkans and africa with which i gained the valuable resources to hold out against bubblegump's many poorly advanced lands which then by turn 28 ubersmench left or disconnected and we lost by default.(while bubblegump advanced and had about 3 more than me (advanced lands that is) i produced so many armies he lost ground afterward and we were almost equal in strength with the aid of alt's 35 army support in hungary but i had to leave at that time and we called it with the west turn 28 advantage of 130 points

M-K

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Akiran ()
Date: July 19, 2010 06:41AM

first time doing this srry about the grammar and syntax

M-K

Posted by: empError ()
Date: July 20, 2010 02:43PM

Ulster (Musashi) vs. Lithuania (ghost)
&
Aragon (jenny) vs. Crete (empError)

+2 Hungary was advancing, and when it was done, I took it. Jenny and me were about equal in terms of farms and culture, throughout most of the game. Ghost had some advantage in the north, ruling particularly in Scandinavia. There were some skirmishes between jenny and ghost in Central Europe. I got a couple of disconnections, and jenny was fair enough not to attack after I returned. I felt like I would lose ground, due to a surplus of armies on jen's side, but she used those mainly against ghost. It looked a bit troublesome for east then, when Musashi sent a large army, about 200 troops, to Poland and beyond. But the army gradually dissolved, and ghost gained back ground. Jenny advanced most of her lands up to 90 and 100k, while I kept producing armies, although I farmed some African lands up to 90/100k, and some European lands up to 70k. Jenny did not gain on me, however, and we seemed to remain about equal in the score. Ghost grew stronger and stronger, and by turn 70, west conceded.

Attachments: MusJen_GhoEmp.JPG (143.6 KB)  
Date: July 23, 2010 01:16PM

Ulster (ArtOfBingo) vs. Muscovy (dannyray/MrScientist)
&
Grenada (empError) vs. Greece (xi)

Byzantium, Bulgaria, and Ile de France started out as nice lands. Dannyray had an excellent start, expanding way faster than the others, while Bingo lagged behind a bit. I moved quickly to 50k developed Ile de France and 50k Provence, which I also developed, and then decided to go on for Genoa (40k or so), to contest Roma with xi, who had a similar line from Macedonia and Napoli. Xi won the battle for Roma, and he pushed on to Genoa. At this point, he generated way more armies than me, and he developed a line through Dalmatia to +2 Venetia, while I was pushed back to Prov and Ile, my 2-armies per turn lands. In the meantime, we were also fighting over Tunis.

ArtOfBingo was trying to catch up with dannyray, and he seemed to do well in battle. Dannyray left or disconnected, and MrScientist replaced. Xi sent some troops from Burgundy to Normandy, to take England in winter, which must have been a setback for AoB, although there weren't very large armies in Europe yet.

I saw no chance of making progress against xi, who had way more lands, population, and maximum development. Bingo was also losing ground against Scientist, so west conceded turn 34.

Attachments: AoBemp_drSciXi.JPG (143.1 KB)  
Date: July 27, 2010 09:55AM

Wales (empError) vs. Lithuania (live4games)
&
Grenada (NBAlive) vs. Nicaea (master)

Master's start was not as good as we're used to, mainly due to heavy opposition from the locals. But after a while he got the upper hand around Genoa/Provence, and also around Tunis. I obtained +2 Finland at a developed stage from l4g in the early stage of the game. Our battle would focus mainly on Sweden. In Germany, I could uphold for a while thanks to a fort I held in Bohemia, but l4g naturally took that from me. I took a fort at Burgundy, to aid NBAlive in his defence. But after a few years, master got strong enough to attack my southern flank, and both NBAlive and me were slowly pushed back. In turn 36, we cut quite some of master's troops, and l4g lost most of his armies at the front, so we tried for a few more turns, but in turn 40 west conceded.

Attachments: empNBA_l4gMas.jpg (292.3 KB)  
Date: July 29, 2010 10:59AM

England (AlphaMale) vs. Lithuania (sCum)
&
Grenada (empError) vs. Macedonia (6amplayer)

AlphaMale and me had a somewhat better start than the eastern players. AlphaMale soon was all over sCum's empire, I think because of first turns. 6am focused on helping sCum, by taking Austria and threatening Alphamale's southern flank, which was effective in giving sCum control over Poland, and balancing the northern game somewhat. I could advance lands up to Provence quickly, while 6am did hardly get beyond Roma. He did move forward in central Europe, however, through Austria, Helvetica, on occasion taking Luxembourg and Normandy, where he got a 2:1 opportunity for England, that I could take out by first turn. After a while, I could oppose 6am in central Europe too, and Alpha was bothered much less. I also got to Napoli around that time, and moved beyond a now advanced Tunis to Cyrenaica, where I met 6am. West gained a huge advantage, and in turn 47, east conceded.

Attachments: AlphEmp_scum6am.jpg (296.3 KB)  
Date: August 03, 2010 08:27AM

Ulster (live4games) vs. Lithuania (empError)
&
Aragon (Oz) vs. Nicaea (BamBam)

live4games had a fast expansion, and quite early in the game he got to Poland. After that, I got a line to Holland through northern Germany, while l4g stayed in control in southern Germany. I could get England in a winter, leaving l4g's many European lands barely occupied. This turned an initial advantage for l4g into a definite advantage for me. Oz had some advantage in the south too, however.

Then I got a disconnection, or a browser breakdown, whatever. When I got back in conqueror, the others had stopped the game. I think it was still undecided.

No screenshot this time.

Date: August 03, 2010 08:37AM

Ulster (crazygod) vs. Prussia (empError)
&
Aragon (BamBam) vs. Nicaea (live4games)

I had a good early expansion, taking a line of lands producing 1 army per turn, up till Luxembourg. From there, I managed to take Flanders, crazygod's first land on the European mainland, and then England. We developed a battle around an advanced Sweden, which I held most of the time. Crazygod had trouble getting beyond England, so that I could take all of Germany, and a fort in Holland. live4games also seemed to have an easy time battling BamBam, as he controlled most of Italy most of the time. BamBam defended forts at Provence and Tunis, but would not be able to win the game for west. In turn 30, west conceded.

Attachments: crgBam_empL4g.jpg (286.3 KB)  
Date: August 03, 2010 12:04PM

Ulster (empError) vs. Muscovy (kreatora3)
&
Castile (Rex) vs. Greece (Malakira/Squoogie)

After a few turns Malakira was replaced by Squoogie. Greece's expansion was a bit behind that of the others, I believe. The battle in the north was fairly even for a long time, but I noticed that kreatora was developing slowly, so after I advanced many of my lands, I would probably get the advantage. In the south, Rex had the advantage from early on, although Squoogie did well in developing and holding a foot in Italy, and even helping kreatora a bit in central Europe. By turn 34, west started to march forward, getting control of Italy and Germany, with Rex taking Africa and Dalmatia too, and me getting into Poland. In turn 37, east conceded.

And now I cannot access the screenshot... That'll come later.

Date: August 04, 2010 12:48PM

Eire (sixamplayer) vs. Lithuania (fox)
&
Algiers (empError) vs. Natolia (Oz)

Lithuania seemed extremely strong versus Eire, but as Algiers vs. Natolia would compensate a bit, we decided to give the map a try.

Fox had a good start, getting to a fort in Scotland just before 6am. 6am recovered well, and got up to as many lands as fox, but fox was ahead in advancement, and would soon get the advantage on the map back as well. Fights between Oz and me concentrated on Macedonia and a fort in Cyrenaica. While I had more lands, Oz advanced faster, and came to me with large armies, which I had trouble to avert. Fox was getting to England, and increasing pressure on UK from all sides. In turn 41, west conceded.

Attachments: 6amEmp_foxOz.jpg (295 KB)  
Date: August 04, 2010 12:51PM

The screenshot belonging to the match 2 posts above.

Attachments: empRex_kreSquo.jpg (300.8 KB)  
Date: August 07, 2010 01:35PM

Wales (empError) vs. Lithuania (hst)
&
Grenada (Rex) vs. Nicaea (Anonymous)

Early in the game I got to Poland, at the price of maintaining lots of troops in Central Europe. Forts in Brandenburg and Saxony made it hard for hst to get into Central Europe. In Scandinavia he ruled though.

In the south, Anonymous was doing well, and even though he repeatedly said to be losing, he staid on top of the score throughout the game. After hst had taken Brandenburg and Saxony, our scores were about even. Then, hst and Anonymous made conquered Saxony and Luxenbourg, respectively, cutting 48 of mine in Rhineland and Austria. This turned the game in hst's favour, and the battle shifted to a fort at Luxembourg. Rex helped me out by taking Rhineland.

Hst was now farming his lands up to 100k, while I farmed an occasional land to 80k, but I could not afford more.

Anonymous kept progressing in the south, and I was quite sure I would not win the battle in the north. In turn 52, Rex left, apparently conceding. So did I.

Attachments: empRex_hstAnon.jpg (293.2 KB)  
Date: August 07, 2010 03:54PM

Ulster (hst) vs. Livonia (Rex)
&
Grenada (sirbela) vs. Nicaea (empError)

with Greece, Byzantium, Macedonia, and Napoli developed, and Roma +2, I had a good starting position versus sirbela's lands, devoid of development and +2s. I took them fairly quickly, and opted for an early confrontation at Genoa. Despite my good lands, population was about equal for sirbela and me, at that point. Rex was doing well in Scandinavia. He waited a bit with taking forts in Poland and Moldavia, but got to contest Germany with hst. He got some armies through hst's defenses, roaming about in Burgundy, Ile de France, Brittany, and England. Sirbela farmed his lands up till 80k, while he moved forward in Africa, taking advanced Cyrenaica and Egypt. I had control of Italy. But when Sirbela had his lands at 80k, he moved forward in Italy, and I had trouble raising enough troops to resist his attacks. I could defend at Dalmatia and Napoli for a while. Rex helped me from Austria, but we both got into money problems. With all his lands 80k, sirbela's population was far ahead of everyone else's. Rex's advantage over hst was initially larger than sirbela's advantage over me, but as the game progressed, this turned around. While sirbela could get to Macedonia now and then, Rex got only remote opportunities for Holland.

By turn 58/59, east conceded.

Attachments: hstSirb_RexEmp.jpg (288.5 KB)  
Date: August 10, 2010 01:52PM

Northumberland (Oscuro) vs. Lithuania (empError)
&
Grenada (hst) vs. Crete (Rex)

I think we had some pretty nice lands in the east, with developed lands at and around Syria, +2s in Egypt and Crimea, and developed lands around Hungary. The west had much tougher starts than us in the east. I got to Holland before Oscuro, and I had the upper hand in Scandinavia. Rex also had the upper hand, and he soon advanced Dalmatia and Napoli, while having most of Italy, and contesting Tunis. Oscuro cut 28 of my troops in a winter, after which he could take over Germany for a while, but I got it back gradually. Despite a much larger population, I could not push through in the north. Res was slowly moving forward in the south. In turn 40, west conceded.

Attachments: OscHst_empRex2.jpg (289 KB)  
Date: August 13, 2010 12:32PM

Ulster (sirbela) vs. Lithuania (smoke)
&
Grenada (master) vs. Byzantium (empError)

I had some nice lands in front of me, with I believe Mac developed, Roma +2, and Serbia developing. I soon got these lands, as well as a developed 40 k Helvetica. Master got forts at Genoa and Burgundy, and later Corsica, to contest me there. Smoke had a bad start, and soon sirbela was attacking Poland. I took Bohemia a couple of times, and attacked Rhineland once to help, but needed my resources to keep a grip on master. Master advanced a line of lands up to Ile de France and Genoa fast, as well as his African lands. We were about equal in terms of farms and development, but master pushed me back in northern Italy, and he pushed forward to Cyrenaica. I think he had a better supply of armies from the back to make this happen. He also managed to get to Macedonia once. Slowly he was getting the upper hand. Smoke stayed in trouble, and sirbela was announcing the final kill. We did not await that, and conceded in turn 42.

Attachments: sirbMas_smoEmp.jpg (291.5 KB)  
Date: September 06, 2010 01:29PM

Northumberland (Oz/empError) vs. Muscovy (Paars)
&
Grenada (Xuul) vs. Nicaea (jenny/Oz)

I substituted for Oz quite early, turn 10 or so. I expanded quickly to a fort in Hanover and another in Sweden, where I tried to hold off Paars. Jenny also expanded fast, while Xuul chose a more conservative strategy.

I lagged in advancement, probably due to the support costs of my armies in Sweden and Hanover. While Xuul had some advantage in the south, Paars got a huge advantage on me, being almost completely advanced while I had only a couple of lands advanced. By turn 40, west conceded.

Attachments: empXuul_PaarsJen.jpg (294.7 KB)  
Date: September 06, 2010 01:44PM

Ulster (RDS-202) vs. Lithuania (bubbagump)
&
Provence (KeyserSoze) vs. Nicaea (empError)

The game started out well for everyone. I had a rush through Sozes lands early in the game, from Venetia to Burgundy. When Dalmatia revolted, I let it build armies as a buffer against Soze. Bubba confronted Soze at Austria, while I focused on battling Roma and grabbing Africa. RDS was getting an advantage on bubba, but similarly I was getting a strong advantageon Soze. I got control of Tunis, while RDS started threatening Poland, and Muscovy.

Soze had too many armies in his cap to attempt a capture, so I sent out a party for England. From Normandy, via Brittany, they took England in winter, which cost RDS lots to support his European troops. I gathered a large sum of money, during this time, not being able to spend it all on troops.

In turn 52 or so, I got Provence for a first time. Soze immediately took it back, and in the next summer RDS took Lithuania, through Muscovy. Bubba also easily recaptured his cap. I offered Bulgaria to bubba for support. Then in autumn I again took Provence. Again Soze took it back, but in that winter he lacked the funds to support his troops, and he was left with 26 armies in Leon, and 6 or so in Gascony, the rest being empty. RDS also had just 3 gold left then.
Turn 56, west conceded.

Attachments: RDSSoz_bubEmp.jpg (292.9 KB)  
Date: September 08, 2010 01:05PM

Ulster (Rex) vs. Lithuania (hst)
&
Castile (empError) vs. Greece (Oz)

Rex had a nice early expansion, hst had some troubles at the start. Hst seemed to advance faster, but Rex had more lands, and apparently also considerable luck. I too could not complain of luck, with some good ratios and some important first turns. I defended forts at Helvetica and Genoa, and kept up with Oz in development, although the distance to the front line was a bit further for me. Rex had control of Germany most of the time. Oz sent some troops north to help hst, but as the game progressed, this help became sparser. Rex also sent troops south into Austria. Oz amassed some 100+armies in Macedonia, which succeeded in slowly pushing me back, out of Sicilia, then Tunis and making Algiers contested. Rex's progress was faster, with intrusions into Poland and Finland, and beyond. In turn 63, east conceded.

Attachments: RexEmp_hstOz.jpg (295.4 KB)  
Date: September 09, 2010 02:27PM

Ulster (KeyserSoze) vs. Lithuania (dannyray)
&
Aquitaine (noobness) vs. Nicaea (Paars/empError)

I substituted for Paars early in the game, turn 10 or so. i confronted noobness around Roma and Venetia, while ensuring steady development. Danny had advantage in the north, and he moved some forces into Hungary and Austria to help me. Especially his keeping a fort in Austria was very useful. Africa got very populated, so I moved forward there, at a faster pace than noobness. Both danny and me moved forward steadily, and soon danny had control of most of Germnay, while I controlled most of Italy and Tunis. In turn 43, west conceded.

Attachments: SozNoob_drayEmp.jpg (295.1 KB)  
Date: September 17, 2010 10:59AM

Ulster (empError) vs. Lithuania (KrazyKat)
&
Grenada (madman) vs. Greece (Rex)

I didn't check the other's lands, but apparently madman had all 20k primitive lands around, and Rex had a developed Crete around. KrazyKat's early expansion seemed slow, madman's was even slower. I had +2s in Eire and Normandy. My early expansion was good, and I soon took some a nice line of lands in the center: Helv, Austria, Hungary, from where I got to Rex's 50k Dalmatia. But Hungary revolted, and soon Rex got control to the east of center. My development/score was about equal to KrazyKat's, and when KrazyKat was short of money in winter, I expected to get an advantage. But Rex had a good advantage in the south, and he moved up north, through my southern German lands. This lead to KrazyKat taking a fort in Hanover from me. Rex got control in all of Italy, and KrazyKat got control of Germany and Scandinavia. In turn 42, west conceded.

Attachments: empMad_KrKrex.jpg (291.4 KB)  
Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.