Gamers' Lounge :  forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
The perfect 3 vs 3 map
Posted by: hallali ()
Date: February 07, 2010 01:53AM

Okay Okay. I explained the problem with the 2 vs 2 maps.

We all know too, that I don´t like to play 3 vs 3. But one has to agree, there are few (search- with-a-magnifying-glass) players who like 3 vs 3 best.

As I am a nice person, I will add some 3 vs 3 maps too, if you have some suggestions. Probably Alexey will put the mail straight into the bin, but hope dies last (or so we say in Germany). So there you go!

P.S. No need to tell me, you don´t need this kind offer. I know it is far easier to find a 3 vs 3 map, but I thought I should at least offer this opportunity to you guys.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The perfect 3 vs 3 map
Posted by: IceQueen ()
Date: February 08, 2010 11:16PM

3 v 3 is the most nice in an east V west.
Not sure this is the best map but lets say
Ukster, Ile de France, Grenada V Lithuania, Transylvania, Nicaea

Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: February 09, 2010 01:50AM

My guess for the best 3v3 N vs S, might be:

Ulster - Hanover - Lithuania
vs
Tangiers - Roma - Nicaea

However, i have never seen this map

Posted by: Squeegie ()
Date: February 13, 2010 03:03AM

Hallali,
I think you're in a bit of an old school mindset. Many of the old greats of this game prefer 1v1 or 2v2. But most newer and up-and-coming players prefer 3v3 or even larger maps.

A 2v2 vs 3v3 comparrison:
2v2 provides for a game of less luck, more land to control, and more in depth medium-term strategy.
3v3 provides for a game of more action, more interaction between various opponents/team-mates, and lots of opportunity for short term strategy/luck to effect the game.

I certainly see why many old pros prefer smaller games. But I think that is more an individual preference because I don't think there is a good case to be made taht 2v2 is better than 3v3. Personally, I really enjoy the way luck balances with strategy and teamwork in a 3v3. Embedding luck (ie probabilities) into a well thought out strategy is what I tend to enjoy most about games of skill.

My favorite 3v3 map is one you've probably never played on or considered:
Castile, Denmark, Nic vs Flanders, Tunis, Lithuania
(slight modifications: can be made near most of these lands)

This map is fairly ballanced and provides for a large amount of interaction with multiple opponents... making war strategy and development timing very important.

Posted by: Paars ()
Date: February 18, 2010 01:59PM

for nvs

Ulster saxony muscovy vs tangiers/Portugal, Corsica, muscovy

For evw I don't care.

Posted by: Akiran ()
Date: March 12, 2010 12:11PM

Malakira: allof those 2v2 lovers are just old aND THEY like them because they can't get over the times where there were only 10-15 players in conq

Notice: changed to 40-45

Posted by: Akiran ()
Date: March 12, 2010 12:12PM

Malakira: allof those 2v2 lovers are just old aND THEY like them because they can't get over the times where there were only 10-15 players in conqueror

Notice: changed to 40-45

M-K

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.