Gamers' Lounge :  forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Hey Rippe Sweetheart ...
Posted by: Keira ()
Date: February 23, 2010 02:14PM

Hey you , Did you read USD's confusion as to what your Conq Tournament is.
I actually prefered his idea to your boring 1 v 1 Knock-out. Yeah I said boring, on account of I am rubbish at it and cos no one can beat Master.
Why don't you organise an FFA tournament too this year along the lines USD talked of ?
Something like a 16 player FFA every day at a fixed time, anyone failing to make the start is kicked. First 8 eliminated are out, the rest remain in the tournament.
Maybe four opening games two semis and a final. Points are scored from each game.
The winner is one with most points ( you work the points system out I can't be arsed.)
It sounds briliant and it's not even my idea.
You know you should cos you agreed FFA's are important ....well this is a way to affirm it .
Also this is one tournament Master doesn't stand a chance. Cos everyone will get him in the first round... Sweeeeeet !
Obviously my hope is that i will be left alone as I haven't acquired too many enemies.
All the big mouths will tumble and giants will fall hard ...Justice if ever there was.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hey Rippe Sweetheart ...
Posted by: Myopia ()
Date: February 23, 2010 07:31PM

I like that idea, sign me up! Sunday is the busiest day so I propose this coming Sunday.

Posted by: unseendamage ()
Date: February 23, 2010 07:51PM

Awesome. I would love to sign up for that. Get some more training, but that 1 versus 1 tournament doesn't sound that boring to me. It kindda sound like duel to me.

Anyway. If I am online at the time I would love to test this new kind of tournament.
I am on GMT+1. Give me a call if you need me :-)

FFA 4-life,, Yeah :-D

And may you all have a good day :-)

Posted by: Scum ()
Date: February 23, 2010 08:44PM

This would be awesome.

Why don't you do it? Izzle, Keira, and USD. Between you all you could probably come up with some really good solid orgnization of this tournament.

Posted by: Captain Planet ()
Date: February 23, 2010 11:59PM

How about a weekly 16player free for all? Just choose a time and make it a regular thing which everyone hangs around for as opposed to a beginning and an end. Help build some community spirit

Posted by: -RIPPE- ()
Date: February 24, 2010 01:46AM

lovely keira, i was pretty disappointed to read your post after i read the topics title. immediatly i had this picture in my head about this hot british lady coming over to germany needing a place to sleep at, but no...

if you are interested in a tournament with a diffrent mode, feel free to do it.
it just happened that i started hosting the 1 vs 1 tournament since i was mising the direct head to head fight in a challanging tournamental setting (bloodsport) and i simply wanted to know who the best conqplayer is. 1 vs 1 still is the cream of the conq since it takes most skill of any player contesting and the guts to attend at all. i would love to see other tournaments though like 2vs2 or 3vs3 or even ffa made by other people and their creativity. just set it up and see what happens, its big fun makin flyers (at least to me).

to the ffa tournament, it surely is a good idea and could lead to a new and more fun ffa culture here. but setting a game based on diplomacy in a contestual frame could not work properly, but still worth a try.

id prefer a well made 2vs2 tagteam tournament (family biz) or the direct 1 vs 1 confrontation.

Posted by: unseendamage ()
Date: February 24, 2010 03:05AM

We could at least try. Make a test tournament to see if it is even possible to set up a functional 16 player FFA tournament and if it looks to be a possible thing we could then keep on developing it to make it even better.

Idk who should do all this. I would gladly give a hand if needed. :-)
Teamgame tournaments could also be terrific. But how would you set up the differnet teams, Rippe ?
6 players and you or some appointed judge make some sort of a lottery thing, so the teams will be randomly set together or should it be 3 players deciding to make a team and then try to win the entire contest ?

Date: February 24, 2010 04:17AM

i would do it like the 1vs1 tournament, but i aint doin it.

i think planets idea may be the best, a 16 player ffa on a weekly base and a set time to strengthen the community.

Posted by: Keira ()
Date: February 24, 2010 04:40AM

Yes you are doing it .....You just don't know it yet.

Posted by: Myopia ()
Date: February 24, 2010 05:45AM

Ah, bloodsport. Jean Claude Van Damm's finest (perhaps only) work. Too much fun! I try to summon the spirit of that guy who fought like a monkey when I'm losing at Conq.

Posted by: Captain Planet ()
Date: February 24, 2010 06:14AM

Wow, Rippe agrees with me... I'm touched

Would there be a way to 'auto-spam', in the lobby, on the particular day to notify all of the starting time?

For example, every 30mins, notify such:

"16 player FFA starting at Xhr, all welcome!"

Maybe every 5 mins in the hour proceeding

Date: February 24, 2010 06:27AM

jennyesque id say...

Posted by: ghost. ()
Date: February 24, 2010 10:31AM

I would play :) weekends may be best due to more player on. Would be fun to see a full 16 human game. 1 thing i guess it would be a normal FFA with peace and war?

Posted by: Master ()
Date: February 24, 2010 10:52AM

It sounds great! I am in. I have actually played 2 FFA this week, and I have to say it was not too bad.

btw we have tried a 2vs2-tournament and it did not work, but free feel to try.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.