Gamers' Lounge :  forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
The Great --3v3-- Tournament Topic
Posted by: MrScientist ()
Date: February 24, 2010 11:11AM

I like the ffa plan u had there, so along this line
a suggestion how such a 3v3 tournament could work.

Playtime: Saturday evenings, european time.
HOW: fixed teams playing competition style. So, no problem if one team plays more than the other.
Rating: Score +3 for a win, 0 for loss
1 more point for both teams if game lasts longer than turn 60.
score +4 and -1 if a cap is taken before turn 20.
rating = score/(total amount of games played)

Teams: 2 options: subscribing team-wise, but perhaps it is better to randomize to get somewhat equal teams?
Let me know if you would want to participate and what team-type you prefer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Great --3v3-- Tournament Topic
Posted by: No ()
Date: February 24, 2010 12:01PM

`

Attachments: No.jpg (27.7 KB)  
Posted by: Keira ()
Date: February 24, 2010 12:33PM

How could someone who goes to the trouble of registering his chosen name as No, arrive at any other verdict.
Come on 'No' can't you get your friends 'Yes' and 'Maybe' to join you in a team ?

I am actually still a member of Zakistan's Death Bringers clan. If any fellow members want to reunite and win this tournament for Allah.

Posted by: unseendamage ()
Date: February 24, 2010 07:38PM

Sounds awesome MrScientist. :-)
And the thing about randomize the teams would be, in my opinion, the best option. That way we dont get all the best players at one team and all the "newbs" or less skilled players on the other team. not that much fun in it then. :-D

Cool to see so many new and great ideas for a tournament. Nice to see that an online game got such a good and well functional community where the players develop new ideas for the game instead of just waiting for the admin to do so. :-)

And may you all have a nice day...

Posted by: Captain Planet ()
Date: February 25, 2010 12:37AM

Would you like me to cover your.. um.. posterior.. Keira?

Posted by: -RIPPE- ()
Date: February 25, 2010 02:20AM

i like the idea of random teams, but...

it shouldnt be +1 for both sides when the game lasts longer than turn 60, it would be better if only the loosin team gets a +1 bonus.
also if the game is decided before turn 20 +4 for the winners and 0 for the loosers, no minus scores.
a +1 for every time a cap is taken to the winner team, no matter if winner or loser team has taken a cap. like a jackpot system.

anyway what you would need for this system would be a proper ranking system cuz all these loser fags will avoid playing with new or not so experienced players. so you get a teams average with wich you could multiplicate or divide, or a way to make up teams.

e.g.:

RIPPE 10, Madwurst 8, l--X--l 5
vs
Opale 7, Atlas 10, blanka 6

the numbers would be the ranking points 10 max - 1 min. added it would be 23 vs 23. +-2 could make fair teams. how to set the ranking points is another question though...

(in the manners of the capitalistic world, the ranking could be connected to the 1 vs 1 tournament rankings, the only working ranking system yet. (realitywise only to populate the 1 vs 1 tournament.) ahh synergetic effects, fuck all PR people!)

i am pretty sure this could bang but it has to be smart to work and it should advance gameplay into a direction where giving up is not a choice anymore.

more players, more rules

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2010 02:21AM by -RIPPE-.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.