Gamers' Lounge :  Conqueror! Forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
MacConqueror
Posted by: Machiavelli ()
Date: February 25, 2010 07:56AM

Act I.
Scene I. A European province.

Thunder and lightning. Enter three Conquerors
First Conqueror:
When shall we three meet again
In Ulster, Norway or in Spain?

Second Conqueror:
When the free for all is done,
When the battle's lost and won.

Third Conqueror:
That will be ere the turn of forty-one.

First Conqueror:
Where the place?

Second Conqueror:
Upon the sixteen-man game.

Third Conqueror:
There to meet with Doom.

First Conqueror:
I come, Machiavelli!

Second Conqueror:
Destiny calls.

Third Conqueror:
Anon.

All:
Fair is foul, and foul is fair:
FFA every Sunday, be sure to be there.

Exeunt

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MacConqueror
Date: February 25, 2010 11:09AM

#1 - The first rule of FFA Club is, you do not talk about FFA Club.

#2 - The second rule of FFA Club is, you do NOT TALK about FFA Club.

#3 - If someone says Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis, quits, or gets wiped from the map, their fight is over.

#4 - Sixteen people to a fight maximum.

#5 - All's fair in love and war.

#6 - Competitors are given a seat number from one to sixteen before they see the map, they sit in those spots and none other.

#7 - The first map created is the map that is played.

#8 - If this is your first night at FFA Club, you have to fight.

Date: February 25, 2010 11:28AM

1st - 25 points
2nd - 20
3rd - 16
4th - 13
5th - 11
6th - 9
7th - 7
8th - 6
9th - 5
10th - 4
11th & 12th - 3
13th & 14th - 2
15th & 16th - 1

#1 - If two or more players are wiped off the map in one turn, points are allocated on the basis of who was wiped out first/last during the turn.

#2 - If two or more players had made a pact to share the points if no one else remained, that is permissible. E.G. A Triumvirate:- Player 1: 21 points, Player 2: 20, Player 3: 20, 4th to 16th as normal. Diplomacy is not punished.

#3 - If less than sixteen competitors opt to play, the points system remains but the map is reduced to fit. No AIs.

#4 - Aliases are allowed but will not be recognised in the points system. I.E. Points will not be compounded; Player 1 with 5 points and Alias 1 with 6 points does not equal Player 1 with 11 points.

Date: February 25, 2010 11:48AM

Though fate hath plac'd me in Morocco,
and thou oppos'd, being fully advanced,
Yet I will try the last: Before my body
I throw my warlike shield: lay on, Spain ;
And damn'd be him that first cries, "Hold, refrain."

[Exeunt, fighting]

Posted by: Keira ()
Date: February 25, 2010 01:14PM

What a well educated warrior.
From Shakespeare to Fight Club parodies. What a cultured man.
But with a name like Machiavelli, forgive me if i don't trust you to watch my back.

Posted by: MrScientist ()
Date: February 25, 2010 04:45PM

E debbasi considerare come non `e cosa pi`u difficile a trattare, n´e pi`u dubbia a riuscire, n`e pi`u pericolosa a maneggiare, che farsi capo ad
introdurre nuovi ordini. Perch´e lo introduttore ha per nimici tutti quelli che delli ordini vecchi fanno bene, et ha tepidi defensori tutti quelli che
delli ordini nuovi farebbono bene.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2010 04:49PM by MrScientist.

Date: February 25, 2010 05:18PM

For those who do not speak Italian, MrScientist said something like:

One has to remember that there is nothing more difficult to instigate, more dangerous to execute, or more uncertain in its success, then to head the introduction of a new order of affairs . This is because the instigator has for enemies all those who liked the old system, and lacklustre defenders in those who could do well under the new system.

That is an Italian translation of part of chapter six of my treatise "De Principatibus", or "The Prince" in English. A must read for all students of philosophy or political theory.

However, lets keep this thread FFA orientated.

Grazie Mille.

Posted by: -RIPPE- ()
Date: February 25, 2010 06:47PM

Posted by: Captain Planet ()
Date: February 26, 2010 05:58AM

Aaa, isn't this fun? I might throw a tomato later

Date: February 26, 2010 08:13AM

The anti-intellectuals on this board are a German and an American.
As pitiful as it is predictable.

"People set us down as enemies of intelligence. We are. But in a much deeper sense than those conceited dolts of bourgeois scientists ever dream of."

Sound familiar? No? Here is a clue then;

[www.youtube.com]

Thanks for the other responses, and I've responded to your private message izzlekizzle.

I just want to make it clear to everyone that this is not "my" project, I did this to give our community a starting point for big FFA games we all enjoy. If anyone would like to take it from here, please go ahead. Just keep in mind when you organise it that I intended this for our FFA'ers, not for our Teamgamers who dominate these forums.

Good luck.

Posted by: Captain Planet ()
Date: February 26, 2010 10:03AM

And where does our scholarly new compadre originate?

Date: February 26, 2010 11:20AM

i was just commenting your intellectual low profile smartassery not your efforts in drama or gameplanning. sorry if our lil princess feels offended by that.

"quoting is the lowest form of intellectual behaviour." -PROF.DR.DR.RIPPE-

Date: February 26, 2010 12:00PM

You feel intimidated and irritated that I mentioned a book slightly more intellectually stimulating than "Clifford the Big Red Dog", which is understandable as you want to keep the conversation on a level you are comfortable with. I understood perfectly well what you were doing.

However please keep your insecurities to yourself, or start a new thread with a title like "Lawl I h8 skool & nerdz!!1!", since this thread is about a possible future weekly FFA being organised.

Better still give some feedback on the FFA idea; now there is an idea!

Looking forward to your reasoned and constructive response in relation to the FFA topic, although I think that you won't be able to resist another vent of your frustrations.

Here's hoping I'm proved wrong.

"It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations" - Sir Winston Churchill

Date: February 26, 2010 01:00PM

machiavellis principe is a book so commonly known and standard to anyone who ever came in touch with philosophy that there is nothing special about it. lame posers who adorn themselves with borrowed plumes, thats what quoters are. kick out some originals if you can...

Date: February 26, 2010 01:29PM

...And you have proven my estimation of your character correct, depressingly. A post without bitterness and bile was too much to hope for.

"If a quote was original, it wouldn't be a quote; it would be a statement." - Machiavelli

There, an original quote for you.

Date: February 26, 2010 02:50PM

just hollow words, unsubstantial.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.