Gamers' Lounge :  forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Izzlekizzles Guide To Europe
Posted by: Captain Planet ()
Date: March 04, 2010 04:44AM

My topic is more related to the present day..

I believe you mentioned July

[www.sziget.hu]

[www.puafestival.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: : ()
Date: March 04, 2010 04:52AM

Don't visit the Van Gogh Museum. It's fucking sad.

Posted by: -RIPPE- ()
Date: March 04, 2010 05:04AM

generally the eastern european cities have a more morbid appeal i would say especially prague so if you like that stuff prague is a must. if you look for art the louvre in paris,the prado in madrid, the uffizi in florence,the rijksmuseum in amsterdam and the alte pinakothek in munich (in that order) are the places to visit. there youll get all the old masters europe has to offer (except our very own master, who can only be seen at dark back alleys in some hidden danish favelas). anyway almost all europe capitals and many big cities offer very good museums for contemporary art. if you go to rome be sure to visit the home of satan, the st.peters cathedral.

if i had to chose between denmark and sweden, i would pick sweden cuz i liked the sweet countryside (and you will be able to talk bout swedish girls first hand,hehe). the only special thing bout denmark is its beer (which can be bought in all other european countries as well) and greenland which is far away from central europe. i just recommended it cuz its on the way to or from sweden.

Posted by: XuuL ()
Date: March 04, 2010 06:50AM

Hey Izzle,

if u visit europe u need to:

- Visit Amsterdam.. u know y ;)
- Visit Rome (culture)
- Visit Berlin (get some beer, walk around and feel the freedom.. there is nothing better)
- Drive a fast car on the german Autobahn
- Go to a german football game (i advise u Francfort, Dortmund, Schalke, Hamburg, Gladbach or Cologne).. u dont need to learn more about germans :)
- Also nice cities are: Munich, Prague, Krakau, Paris, Barcelona, Lissabon
- Very beatiful nature is in: Switzerland, Spain, Croatia, France, Italy

Date: March 05, 2010 01:07AM

www.couchsurfing.com

If you are willing to sleep with random people, sometimes weird, sometimes cool. You get a more personal experience of anywhere you decide to go ;)

Posted by: Keira ()
Date: March 05, 2010 02:35AM

Couchsurfing LOL
We got a couch, sadly there are four of us sharing a small house and those girls can roll in at all hours of the night ... but hey, you got to admit that couch is real quality !

Attachments: 0309.jpg (77.4 KB)  
Posted by: Schopenhauer ()
Date: March 05, 2010 03:04AM

Couch surfing seems like a good idea espcecially if all couches are just as nice as the one at Keira house. It looks so welcoming that couch. And so cosy . I just want to dig underneath those blankets and surf all night long. :)

Date: March 05, 2010 04:35AM

the next morning...

Attachments: 0309.jpg (134.3 KB)  
Date: March 05, 2010 05:56AM

nicely done Rippe :)

Posted by: hallali ()
Date: March 05, 2010 10:13AM

EEEKK!

Date: March 08, 2010 01:13AM

if you prefer people n beer, it doesnt really matter where you travel to though i wouldnt recommend spain and portugal for that matter... speaking in traditional european stereotypes, there is a north-south divide. the northern people are a little bit more distanced while very friendly while southern people are more the sultry and warmer family type. but they are also stuck in religious and conservative thinking (italy/spain) while northern people are more liberate and modern (scandinavia/netherlands). in the end its more like who you are not what traditional stereotypes say.

Posted by: Scum ()
Date: March 08, 2010 03:22AM

Spanish and Portugese infrastructure are also not as advanced. Possible deterance to your travels. I have family who commonly visit Spain/Portugal and don't have much care for it. The main discussion is always their poor economy. They are usually there on business though, so who knows.

Posted by: jenny ()
Date: March 09, 2010 06:48PM

eurail is a fun way to get around, especially if u are a broke college student, haha and you a good taste of the "local color" I was in austria and used it to get around most of europe with the exception of the UK,

also take some days and just enjoy yourself don't rush it, and a must do (if your into that type of thing) I would say would be back packing in switzerland or austria, absolutely beautiful

reading this is tempting me make a trip, need a partner in crime izzie!

Posted by: MrScientist ()
Date: March 10, 2010 12:01AM

the cheapest airliners are ryanair, transavia, easyjet and maybe some eastern europe ones i forgot. whiz or so?
but they are not cheap anymore if you don't book in advance.

ps spains infrastructure has improved a lot i think, they have hispeed trains atleast. trains are btw a good way of transportation especially in france and germany.

Date: March 10, 2010 01:31AM

air berlin is kinda cheap too but izzel, take care if you plan to fly with cheap airlines in europe cuz many land on very small airports (esp ryanair) that are far away from the cities you have booked your flight to. so you will have to pay some additional fees for busses that take you there and away. i think the best way is like i said before and jenny again, the interrail. meaning you can freely use the rail system all over europe. it costs between 599,-€ for a whole month and 359,-€ for a 10 day pass in 22 days means you can use the ticket on 10 seperate days in 22 days across about 30 european countries. it will be much more convenient and cheaper travelling that way i think.

Attachments: spanishtrains.JPG (45.3 KB)  
Date: March 10, 2010 11:17AM

generally it will cost you 120,-€. if you book now for a set date it can be 40,-€
hanging in front of a spanish train, central position, like depicted above will cost you about the same.

Date: March 11, 2010 01:05AM

why dont you travel to malawi then? also VIETNAM!!! well if you have ever been to vietnam then you will know that vietnam ranks pretty much at the bottom of any friendliness list! go to any other country in southeast asia and you will experience really friendly people. the author must have been drunk all time and making out with "lovely" underaged vietnamese girls and the reason why vietnamese people dont really like westeners...

Posted by: No ()
Date: March 11, 2010 05:10AM

Attachments: Hospitality.jpg (120.2 KB)  
Date: March 11, 2010 05:19AM

delicious in america but not in vietnam

Posted by: jenny ()
Date: March 11, 2010 11:38AM

no that is distastful

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.