Gamers' Lounge :  Conqueror! Forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
March 14th - Sunday - 6pm GMT - 16 Player FFA - Sign up !!!
Posted by: Myopia ()
Date: March 10, 2010 10:33PM

Let's make the 3rd FFA even better than the first two! Remember, anything goes, so please don't be upset afterwards about broken alliances, backstabbing, etc. etc. FFA is an exercise in diplomacy as much as military judgment!

Also, if for some reason you sign up here but can't make it, if possible send me a PM through the forums before the game begins so I can reopen your spot, as there was some delay over who would get the 16th spot last game. On Sunday I will post the scheduled competitors, see you then!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: March 14th - Sunday - 6pm GMT - 16 Player FFA - Sign up !!!
Posted by: Scum ()
Date: March 11, 2010 03:39AM

I'm in.

I think if people who sign up here are not in the room and ready to go at 6pm GMT, then their spot is opened. If anyone can not be there by 6pm GMT, they should post in here when they will be, and then myopia can decide if that is too late or not.

Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: March 11, 2010 04:20AM

im in

Posted by: ghost. ()
Date: March 11, 2010 04:55PM

Big maybe, again unfortunately. depends on when my parents work finish and also on when they can make dinner :/

Posted by: Akiran ()
Date: March 11, 2010 06:16PM

Hey its Malakira i call myself Akiran in the forum

can i play on this day if im not here and im late for lets say some 2-5 min play without me.

plz consider me i know i can win at this.

M-K

Date: March 11, 2010 07:03PM

With a pair of 2nd outs, there is almost no direction to go but up MK. I think you started in the same area both times, maybe you will draw better this time.

Cmon Ghost last game you complained about not starting from the beginning, maybe you should surprise your parents by making dinner :p Come to think of it, maybe I will start not being able to show up on time, so I can be like you "Oh noes I did not start at beginning if only I had..." :)

Posted by: Sovereign ()
Date: March 11, 2010 08:49PM

Count me in. But Sunday is when Daylight Savings ends in the States, so if I'm an hour late you'll know why.

Date: March 12, 2010 04:07AM

We are not gonna wait an hour

Posted by: -RIPPE- ()
Date: March 12, 2010 10:02AM

why do you make signups for it? just make it a weekly event, as it already is, same day same time. whoever comes joins. one topic for the royal results should do dont ya think? since it is a big fun we shouldnt be short of players.

Posted by: : ()
Date: March 12, 2010 11:49AM

Kay i'm in.

Date: March 12, 2010 12:06PM

if we happen to be more than 16, those who signed up should atleast have firstrights.

Date: March 12, 2010 12:07PM

Its the 3rd game, and I am afraid that if we stop advertising about it we will be short the 16 players. Don't forget both games there were waits, not too serious, but that was with the games being heavily announced, could be worse without.

Posted by: IceQueen ()
Date: March 12, 2010 12:12PM

ok, i'm in

Posted by: ghost. ()
Date: March 12, 2010 05:54PM

Tyrese Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Come to
> think of it, maybe I will start not being able to
> show up on time, so I can be like you "Oh noes I
> did not start at beginning if only I had..." :)

Stop stealing my idea :P this way i can never truly lose :P
j/k I really hope I can play since it was very fun the first time. :)

Posted by: Master ()
Date: March 12, 2010 09:25PM

Im in

Date: March 13, 2010 06:37AM

oh well, im out anyway, gonna watch a soccermatch with my friends around that time

Posted by: : ()
Date: March 13, 2010 02:02PM

Im out too..
I have soccer practice/training.. call it whatever u want :)

Posted by: sirbela ()
Date: March 14, 2010 01:43PM

im in :)

Date: March 14, 2010 09:33PM

It was another action and drama packed FFA, taking 88 turns and nearly 5 hours! Congrats (grudging) to Scum for his win! Here is was the roster for the game:

Roster

1. Myopia, Tunis
2. Scum, Morocco
3. Muriel, Brandenburg
4. Ghost, Cyrenaica , took over for Finland for 3 turns, Eire a little longer
5. Malakira, Palestine
6. Sovereign, Norway
7. Conquestion, Lithuania
8. IceQueen, Eire
9. Master, Macedonia, took over YAHG
10. JuanV8, Holland
11. Izzlekizzle, Wallachia
12. Kitten, Leon
13. Sirbela, Normandy
14. Gazi, Nicaea, took over for Eire
15. YAHG, Finland
16. Xerxes, Austria

The stage was set for a mighty battle to sweep through Europe, and no one left disappointed at the carnage. Sirbela immediately took the offensive against JuanV8, who after 4 turns and only having holland remaining, left with Sirbela conquering Holland in turn 5. Scum and Kitten had a running battle, but declared a peace around turn 8.

Master in Macedonia ensured from all his neighbors except myself to have 1 year peace after declaration of war. Fearing Master in Macedonia, I started the attack in Italy and was stopped, but it was enough to motivate Izzlekizzle and Gazi to attack after the one year period had passed. Malakira defended himself against Ghost in this time, with Gazi also picking off some of the Middle East, but focusing mostly on Master. In the north Conquestion and Sovereign allied themselves against YAHG, who skillfully defended Finland until he took advantage of a mistake by Conquestion who had shamelessly exposed his capital like a nudist on the beach, losing it in turn 12, which is the same turn that Master was defeated, with Izzlekizzle holding Macedonia. A turn later, Malakira defeated Ghost and even pushed the attack next to my capital, and flush with victory declaring war on me. A little before this, Icequeen had decided that Europe would be more to her liking without Sirbela in it, and began a war against Normandy.

The years of peace allowed the Southern Alliance to slowly grow in power, with Scum renewing his war against Kitten in a blindsiding offensive after advancing his capital, and defeating Kitten in turn 16, who inexplicably had a 50k dev capital when Scum had a 60k adv, despite both having the same amount of time at peace. At around the same time, Sovereign who foolishly had declared his own victory yesterday, bereft of allies and support, fell to Muriel in a one-sided affair. At Turn 20, D-day arrived for Sirbela, and the power of the UK stormed the beaches and took normandy after a two and a half year war. Doomsday also would visit Malakira in Palestine, who after declaring war on me had to start advancing his capital, while mine was already advanced.

A time of relative peace for a FFA followed, with all players taking a year or so to build up. Izzlekizzle with 2 advanced capitals loomed large in our minds as a dangerous enemy, which resulted in a 3 pronged assault from myself, Xerxes, and Gazi starting around turn 30. Perhaps motivated by his defeat last game as Wallachia, Izzy lead his armies to an inspiring defense of his capital, even enlisting the help of vampires in nearby Transylvania, valiantly refusing to surrender. Xerxes reconsidered his position, and turned southwards toward Tunis, with me engaging a running defense in hopes of an economic victory. With the action in the center and south, Muriel took this opportunity to assault Icequeen in UK. This Battle of Britain did not go so well as the one in our real history, with Muriel gradually overwhelming Icequeen and driving her back to Ireland.

Unfortunately for the world, a monster thought vanquished returned, with a strong belief in reincarnation. YAHG at some point left the game, leaving the northeast in the capable hands of master, who waited until the time was right, declaring was on Muriel and taking her capital in a blitzkrieg at Turn 36. The UK breathed a sigh of relief and happily went back to drinking their tea and playing cricket in their gardens, as Icequeen would not commit any acts of war the rest of her time in the game, in honor of her savior the Master in Finland.

Xerxes had the dominant position in terms of lands, armies, and resources prior to Master's ascendence, but found himself being whittled away by the combined armies of Morocco, Tunis, and Nicaea. However, Xerxes hired Beethoven to play some inspiring concerts for his soldiers, who refused to surrender Austria after hearing Fur Elise being played at training. Moved by admiration as well as pragmatism, Master exerted his power over Europe, blunting Scum's attack on Austria and sending hundreds of armies at Nicaea. I in Tunis attempted to support both my allies and failed them both, with Master vanquishing Gazi in Turn 50 and Xerxes repulsing the final attack we summoned against his capital.

Master now controlled around 35 lands, with a seemingly overwhelming empire. Izzlekizzle was exhorting the world to unite against Master, and for his impudence Master crushed Izzlekizzle and Xerxes in turn 58, leaving Scum and I as the last remaining resistance in Europe. At some point Ghost had taken over for Eire, and obeyed IceQueen's wishes in staying loyal to Master, even starting an offensive against Scum, pushing him back to Spain.

The tide would begin to turn as Gazi would reincarnate himself as well, taking over Ghost's position in Eire Turn 63. Then would begin a drawn out war for nearly 5 years raging across Europe, with the first cracks being made in Central Europe, then the Balkans and Africa. Master brilliantly fended off a 3v1 for nearly 25 turns, but began to fade as the weight of the world slowly sapped his strength. After losing his foothold in central europe and the russian lands on the brink of defeat, Master summoned his remaining soldiers and marched upon Eire, defeating him for a second time in Turn 87. Scum took this opportunity to build up an army in Tangiers, and I responded by ending my turn instead of clearing my orders as intended, doing my best impression of Conquestion and leaving myself exposed on the beaches of Africa. With 24 armies next to the 1 in my capital, and after 5 hours of war, I conceded and thus ended the 3rd 16 player FFA of 2010. Congrats to him, and thanks to everyone who played for a fun game!

Date: March 14, 2010 09:43PM

My Opinion for rewards:

Victor- Scum, lucky bastard.

Killer- Master undoubtedly, but he built upon the foundation YAHG made, so perhaps to both or an honorable mention to YAHG?

First Kill- Sir Bela took out JuanV8 turn 5.

Most Trustworthy- Tough to say, this game did not really feature many broken alliances, just some broken peace, which is fine. I have no nomination.

Best Defender- Slight edge to Xerxes, as he successfully held off a 3v1 for 20 turns, with Master also in contention for a much longer war, but with Master's vast resources feels like apples to oranges. Would be equally happy to have Master win this one too.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.