Gamers' Lounge :  Conqueror! Forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Ventrilo server
Posted by: DirtyHarry ()
Date: April 20, 2010 10:43AM

Hi Conquerors

I just wanna hear if people are interested in getting a ventrilo-server for conquerorgame?

For those who doesn't know what it is, then I can tell its a program that allows us to speak to each other while we play, and its perfectly for teamgames in order to coordinate, but also it allows players socialize on another level than just chat. All it requires is downloading the program, which is very small, and then a microphone - most laptops got the build in.

Please tell me what you think of the idea.

Regards

Harry

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ventrilo server
Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: April 20, 2010 10:45AM

i'll consider using it, but not before i get a new microphone

Posted by: Myopia ()
Date: April 20, 2010 11:12AM

My voice has a very nasal, at times high-pitched tone to it, pretty much like the bad guy in children's movies. I'd like the concept except I don't think I could be taken seriously.

Just kidding, great idea, I'd use it.

Date: April 20, 2010 11:26AM

haha, too bad, i was so much looking forward to hear it!

Posted by: -RIPPE- ()
Date: April 20, 2010 11:49AM

i hate the idea. recently i played lots of bad company 2 and i instantly mute everyone since i hate to hear stupid blabla, jelling or victory cries. even if tactics of a good teamworked game result in a victory, i like the idea of independently ruled empires that unite under a silent agreement more. but as long as i dont hear you talking, i see no problem in you guys using mics. you could also just skype...

Posted by: Squeegie ()
Date: April 20, 2010 09:06PM

I hate talking on the phone so I think I'd hate this as well. Does sound rather nifty for people who would enjoy that kinda thing though.

Posted by: DirtyHarry ()
Date: April 21, 2010 07:27AM

well, it is of course all voluntarily, so maybe it is a bit much to "hate" the idea. Those who are too shy, or just don't like idea of a better way to communicate with fellow conquerors are of course welcome not to join.

The idea was, that it should increase the gaming experience and improve the social aspect of the game aswell - which is also a part of the game - at least for some.

and of course it is just an idea...

Posted by: Hubic Hair ()
Date: April 21, 2010 09:02AM

As an addendum, lets list some voices that you think players have.

Dirtyharry - [www.youtube.com]

Rippe - [www.youtube.com]

Continue...

Posted by: -RIPPE- ()
Date: April 21, 2010 12:19PM

sorry harold if you felt offended by my harsh words, i think its the evilous influence of FPS making peacekeepers turning to highschool killers...
i like the idea of ventrilous servers, they could increase the overall cg gaming experience but just dont fit my style.

humbert, this fat german kid is playing quake, thats a whole diffrent story...

Posted by: hallali ()
Date: April 29, 2010 01:57PM

I don´t know if I would use it, maybe test it once or twice and then see.

btw humbert, you shouldn´t make fun of your brother, taking secret videos of him and post them on YouTube..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2010 02:00PM by hallali.

Date: April 29, 2010 02:42PM

I fear/think it might end up as Hall says

Posted by: Akiran ()
Date: May 07, 2010 10:30PM

hell no

M-K

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.