Gamers' Lounge :  Conqueror! Forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Kill the Hostkillers!!!!
Posted by: Keira ()
Date: September 07, 2007 05:49AM

People of this forum,
I call on all good men and women of this game, to join me in putting down this plague of Hostkillers!
These despicable attacks represent an attack on all of us!...our standards and our common decency.
Hosts, whose only crime is to open a game for all of us to join , are falling like flies before them. We must do something!
I propose that to deafeat these infamous hostkillers, we abandon all our usual standards set aside for honourable players.
Multiplayer attacks , no declarations, backstabbing and all manner of subterfuge is acceptable to rid us of these tyrants of the game.
Until their bodies lay battered and broken , let us not rest !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2007 05:54AM by Keira.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kill the Hostkillers!!!!
Posted by: Some_Idiot ()
Date: September 07, 2007 10:26AM

Agreed

Posted by: Kutuzov ()
Date: September 07, 2007 12:22PM

Agreed

Posted by: Captain Planet ()
Date: September 07, 2007 06:22PM

Let it be known to all thee who post in this thread that I will personally hunt thee down and torture you mercilessly until thou begs, like a child before me, to have mercy on thee.

Regret is an emotion which cannot be solved, so let thee be smart and not post in favour.

For those above who wish to withdraw their statements, let it be known to me or thy shall fall!

This warrior shall not rest until all hosts lie battered and torn in his wake!

Do not test my wrath or ye will meet your doom!

Posted by: Paars ()
Date: September 08, 2007 10:53AM

Enough reason to post. :) Bring it on.

Posted by: G ()
Date: September 08, 2007 12:02PM

I think the Cpt. is mad because Keira is much more eloquent than he.

Posted by: hallali ()
Date: September 08, 2007 06:06PM

I never fall like a fly

Date: September 08, 2007 11:01PM

G, if I was as desperate to attain the affections of a lady as thee I would probably also make such a statement...

Posted by: Cpt-Idla ()
Date: September 08, 2007 11:51PM

Well I have to agree with Keira on the hostkilling for one reason... When it happens NO ONE WANTS TO WAIT THE FEW DAMN MINUTES FOR THE GAME TO RESET. I always end up being the last person in a game after it resets, because everyone already left. I swear that is the one thing that drives me crazy about this game. I can deal with the bugs. Sure 2vs1's suck, but I'll get over it. But not waiting the few damn minutes for a game to reset after a host is killed and leaves? No, just no.

Ok, I'm sorry for the rant. I'll be quiet now.

Posted by: G ()
Date: September 09, 2007 08:59AM

lol.... Don't know the young lady at all. Played in one game w/ her but didn't have any conversations. Am however happy to get a rise out of you.....

Posted by: Keira ()
Date: September 09, 2007 09:57AM

Mr G,
I was too intimidated by your rugged macho presence, that's why I didn't speak....But i swooned at your every bold and masculine move.

I could picture you sat confidently at your PC, in perhaps just your red Speedos, still dripping wet from 40 lengths of your private swimming pool, clicking and shifting your gold plated mouse with the aplomb and swagger that only a man having served 10 years in the Special Forces can deliver.
Sipping nonchalantly from a tumbler of the finest brandy, a Havanna cigar quielty smoldering along side you.

If of course, I have any of them details wrong, feel free to place me over your muscular and well toned lap for a thorough and deserved spanking.

Rest assured, I am counting the days until we play again ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2007 09:59AM by Keira.

Posted by: Kutuzov ()
Date: September 09, 2007 10:59AM

Damn that lucky guy... a guaranteed spanking an intelligent girl - AND a cigar by the pool afterwards.. No, wait...

Date: September 09, 2007 12:18PM

Open up a cybersex thread, I'll get back to the point at hand.

Cpt-Idla, I am here to weed out those bad hosts, as they annoy me too. I, also, hate waiting those few minutes and everyone leaves that's why I am on a mission to assure second-rate hosts like this are rid off the face of the planet.
Do you think we should let the host win everytime so that he stays?

I HAVE A DREAM

Upon completion of my mission we shall be left with an elite group of good trustworthy hosts, in nice full games with mostly humans all playing honourably.

This is my dream, despise me if you so wish but I will continue to fight for this Utopian ideal as opposed to the other nightmare scenario.

The Nightmare

Countless games open, with minimal people in each and unreliable hosts leaving whenever they see fit. Constantly bouncing from one game to another. People joining better games with better hosts randomly, fucking things up, then leaving again.

I have seen this scenario all too often and it must end. I have took this great task upon myself to improve the lives of all but, like many great men, the minds of the weak will not be able to understand my final goal.

Posted by: Yondo ()
Date: September 09, 2007 02:51PM

Or, the killed host can simply not leave.

Posted by: jynx ()
Date: September 09, 2007 09:45PM

I believe the point of us host killers is to abolish such pathetic rules as war decs 4 turns in advance, no 2v1's, and so on.

Therefore, this brings about the point and reason we strive. Shall the revolution continue!

Posted by: Cpt-Idla ()
Date: September 10, 2007 10:19AM

Cpt-Idla, I am here to weed out those bad hosts, as they annoy me too. I, also, hate waiting those few minutes and everyone leaves that's why I am on a mission to assure second-rate hosts like this are rid off the face of the planet.
Do you think we should let the host win everytime so that he stays?

No, hosts aren't the problem for me. I can understand wanting to leave if you are wiped out in a war, because for you there is no reason to stay. I admit, I have left after this has happened to me. Because there is no other reason to stay besides some conceived notion you guys thought up as being honorable to stay so that the game stays open so everyone else can play. I guess I could try to remember to not do that anymore, and thus start to live by this new rule that has been thought up around here. Especially since most of the time when I logon I create my own game. I always name it Via Appia, and hardly anyone ever joins anymore.

I have to say, this Code of Conduct, in the same breath I like it and hate it. Sure it's a nice and honorable way to play the game, but you guys just complain too damn much whenever a 2v1, a host leaves, or whatever else happens. I like nice one-on-one wars as much as the next guy, but having the opportunity to ally and attack a stronger enemy is nice too.

Uh, er, sorry. I'm prone to rants.

*gets off soapbox*

Date: September 10, 2007 12:09PM

This is about host killing not rules. Go to the other thread for that one.
I like your dream Cpt. Planet, but your tactics nor anyone else's will bring it about. People will continue doing as the have done in the past regardless. Game jumpers will always exist, it is not the hosts fault. And no the host should not get a free pass just because he / she is host. But a pointless assault just to ruin the game is uncalled for. I welcome your attacks as the can only teach me how to play better.

Posted by: hallali ()
Date: September 11, 2007 07:27AM

I don´t know, what this discussion is about. I play very often host and I don´t mind being attacked.

If I understand those complaining about host killing right, this would mean: Be host and get never attacked. Anyone want to play a game like that?

It´s a major bug of the game and I think we have to live and play with it.

Date: September 11, 2007 10:36AM

As I said before the host does not get a free pass. If you are joining a game with no intention of playing a legitemit game & trying to as best you can overall. Just joining with the sole purpose of going after & killing off the host (so he/she quits the game), you are just basicly joining the game to ruin it for all the other players. A selfish, childish behavior. Then attacker should be 2,3 or more vs 1 until he/she is rooted out.

Posted by: Uiluan ()
Date: September 11, 2007 08:36PM

I don't know, I kinda enjoy the challenge created by hostkillers.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.