Gamers' Lounge :  forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
CT 2010 - PRELIMINARY ROUND
Posted by: -RIPPE- ()
Date: June 01, 2010 06:57AM

WARRIORS! this year we are 21 WARRIORS! 5 have to die in a preliminary round therefor 10 have to fight to survive! i blind picked 10 WARRIORS to meet in this preliminary round! the other 11 WARRIORS are automaticaly set for round 1.
the battles will be:

Attachments: preliminary.jpg (153.6 KB)  
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CT 2010 - PRELIMINARY ROUND
Posted by: hallali ()
Date: June 02, 2010 06:45AM

Why it has to be Jenny? Why do I have to fight the only other girl besides me and Master???

Posted by: Akiran ()
Date: June 02, 2010 09:21AM

im gonna die

M-K

Posted by: Master ()
Date: June 02, 2010 01:24PM

hey!

Posted by: Squeegie ()
Date: June 02, 2010 02:27PM

Calling this a preliminary round is kinda harsh... gotta be humiliating to not even make it to round 1 of a tourney that is open to everyone.

**Boy am I glad I made it to round 1. <<big sigh of relief>>

Posted by: MrScientist ()
Date: June 03, 2010 07:16AM

Ah well round 0.5 it is. Good luck everybody!

Mala, we can play this weekend if you want.

Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: June 03, 2010 09:11AM

As far i know, Emperror will be gone the next 2 weeks. We had a plan to maybe play yesterday, but i had to prepare for a pretty important test.

Posted by: King_Kent ()
Date: June 04, 2010 08:49AM

I could play this sunday

Posted by: 123456 ()
Date: June 06, 2010 04:47AM

gg kent

Posted by: G ()
Date: June 06, 2010 06:01AM

KingKent vs. 123456: Winner: 123456

The game was marred by an incomplete finish due to the game freezing up on both players. A judgment call by impartial observer (g) was agreed to by all parties involved and under the supervision of tournament supervisor Rippe.

The scene:
KingKent in Grenada vs 123456 in Nicaea:

The tale of this game was told in the first year. w/ Leon as KK's only useful land in Spain. Leon was 40K Dev. +2 to start the game and looked to be a huge force for the Kings empire. Then after turn 2 the King confessed that he had hit "clear orders" instead of attacking his jewel of a neighbor, and wouldn't you guess, boom. Start of turn 3 and there was a fort in Leon.

Flash to the east, 123456 jumped out of the gate running, w/ the successful taking of Greece and Macedonia, 123456 found himself w/ a run of dev. lands that extended into Europe. Seizing on the opportunity he land grabbed for the first 3 years and watched as Kent slowly took Spain and France.

While the war was waged early in Europe both players moved North. Once Russia and England were secure to be developed their attention turned to the battle once again. A bloody good battle waged in Germany quickly spread South and soon Italy was in full blown war. By now the game began to slow to an almost snails pace and both players commented on their frustration. Long periods of silence were then punctuated by brief moments of game play and bloody battles.

In the end, 123456's troops had secured Italy and were moving West. The game was far from over but the tale had been told. There were excruciating 2 to 4 minute waits between the processing and place orders.

By this point the scoreboard was clear. 123456 had amassed quite an impressive empire and he had the funds to back it up. By the end 123456 had twice the empire and money of kingkent, the troops were rolling and times were good for 123456.

Then the Big Freeze. Longer an longer the wait became. No one moved or even breathed for fear the game would crash, which in the end it did anyway.

A very well played game by 123456, kingkent would later lament that he will take the whole year to get mad and will return w/ a vengeful fury in 2011.

Posted by: hallali ()
Date: June 06, 2010 09:15AM

hallali vs Jenny

Jenny won. I could have played better, Jenny worse, in the end she won in an absolutely fair match. Well played JenJen.

Posted by: Scum ()
Date: June 06, 2010 09:20AM

Hallali (Castile) vs. Jenny (Nicaea)

Winner: Jenny

Turn 10 - Germany consisted of 3 +2's, the Balkans had 2 +2's, and Spain had 1. Hallali had a little trouble getting started, but she was soon passing jenny in territory count. Hallali rushed to Germany. Jenny broke into Italy.

Turn 20 - Macedonia is 60k Adv. with +2. Hallali seems to have a grip on Hanover, Saxony, and Brandenburg in Germany, all +2. Hallali has also occupied most of Africa.

Turn 30 - Hallali still holds Germany and Africa. Jenny still holds Italy. Jenny is much more advanced and seems to be gaining momentum. She is advanced to Venetia, while Hallali is still only advanced to Gascony. Saxony and Hanover are advanced for Hallali and Jenny's closest advancement is Wallachia.

Turn 40 - Jenny leaves the game and then joins while processing. This causes her to lose 3 turns. Although we convince her to continue on. She has a clear advantage in advancement and population. Hallali is pushing her back relentlessly after 3 turns of AI moves though.

Turn 50 - Jenny has a clear lead.

At this point I went to close another window I had open and accidently closed the window to the game. I waited around until Hallali exited and announced Jenny won.

Posted by: jenny ()
Date: June 06, 2010 09:37AM

hallali threw the match just for the record

Date: June 06, 2010 03:01PM

well im srry mr maybe 48 hours from now if im not here srry

M-K

Date: June 07, 2010 01:47AM

with 2 strong WARRIORS killed, there are still 3 that have to share the same fate. please manage to meet your enemy soon so we can proceed to round 1. the preliminary round should be closed after next weekend or latest when emperror returned.

Posted by: dannyray ()
Date: June 10, 2010 11:53AM

Hey sovereign,
I can play almost any weekday. you let me know what time is best for you and I'll try to work it out.

I usually play mon-fri 10-6 est.

Posted by: DirtyHarry ()
Date: June 12, 2010 08:02AM

Malakira (Gascony) vs MrScientist (Wallachia)

Jugde: Dirtyharry (Tunis)

MrScientist had a slight advantage on the map, but Malakiras start was flying and he did have good lands. He did offer MrScientist a restart. MrScientist refused instantly and kept fighting on. He kept his head calm under pressure, and slowly he gained territory. A +2 dev in lux combined with +1 dev in burgundy made Malakira strong central, but MrScientist played defense there and focused on spreading out on the entire map. After a few mistakes in winter Malakira lost his desire to play, and wanted to concede, but he came back and played a bit more, before making new mistakes. He conceded around turn 30.

In the end the veteran prevailed due to rutine, skills and the ability to keep calm under pressure, and the victory was well earned.

congratulations

Posted by: Squeegie ()
Date: June 13, 2010 01:34AM

DirtyHarry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> After a few mistakes in winter Malakira lost
> his desire to play, and wanted to concede

You must be talking about someone else. Malakira would never lose his desire to play mid-game.

Date: June 14, 2010 05:31AM

lol nice joke

M-K

Date: June 16, 2010 04:35AM

WARRIORS! the preliminary round will be closed after this weekend.
SOVEREIGN you better give a lifesign since you are threated to get disqualified for inactivity!
EMPERROR and LIKENOOTHERS pleas manage to fight as soon as possible so we can move on!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.