Gamers' Lounge :  forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: CT 2010 - PRELIMINARY ROUND
Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: June 16, 2010 12:04PM

Sure Rippe, we should be done within!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dannyray ()
Date: June 17, 2010 08:08AM

I would like to concede my spot to sovereign. I wish you the best of luck in your up coming matches. good luck to all.. I'm sure master will win and know that i don't stand a chance against him... hopefully someone will take him down this year...

Date: June 17, 2010 08:56AM

hmm danny??? Why?

Posted by: DirtyHarry ()
Date: June 17, 2010 09:18AM

LNO (Grenada) vs EmpError (Nicaea)

Judge: DirtyHarry (Hanover)

With 40k in byzans and 30+1 in greece EmpError chose to develop a bit early, while LNO expanded with his 30k +1 dev in aragon. In the start LNO had more lands, but the population was still even. LNO rushed forward towards the center fast, and chose to keep his lands around cap on gold to buy the front (provence, aquetauine) while emperror just developed. Although dalmatia vas dev from the start EmpError took it very late, and afterwards he also pointed out that it was a mistake from his part. After LNO had secured the center around a vital Rhineland (70k +1 dev when he got it) the game was decided, although Emp tried to recover by taking the rest of Russia.

EmpError conceded in turn 41, and wished LNO good luck in the rest of the tournament.

Posted by: dannyray ()
Date: June 17, 2010 10:55AM

ummm.. because i'd like to see someone beat him.

Date: June 17, 2010 12:52PM

that was how i experienced it too :) - except the minor detail, that Rhineland was only primitiv :)

Posted by: Myopia ()
Date: June 17, 2010 06:36PM

Perhaps Ghost should replace dray, as sovereign has not been heard from in quite some time, and I have not seen him online either.

Posted by: empError ()
Date: June 17, 2010 11:07PM

I don't think taking Dalm late was such a problem: Serbia and Hungary were just easier to take, and I didn't want to waste moves on not taking Dalm. The problem was rather that I advanced it late, because I spent several turns moving my armies from Dalm to Austria, in hopes of getting to Rhineland. With LNO in Venetia, it was too risky to advance Dalm. In hindsight, I had better advanced Dalm, and only then try to get to Rhineland.

Of course I also buy dev and adv, just not as much as LNO. I don't want to delay Asia's becoming supportive because of reaping money from it. Basically, I only used Crete for money, and the rest only after advancing (with the exception of winter urgencies).

Posted by: empError ()
Date: June 17, 2010 11:12PM

Also, for the record, LNO and me were pretty even in the score up till turn 20 or so. But I had only a +2 in Bulgaria. I'm sure LNO had more than that. And that is not considered for the score. If it would be counted, LNO would have some (minor) advantage from quite early on.

Posted by: -RIPPE- ()
Date: June 18, 2010 02:42AM

DANNYRAY, since sovereign didnt showed up so far i think you should battle ghost for the seat in the first round. you really shouldnt pass out since you are such a experienced 1 vs 1 player. i am very sure that all WARRIORS will be quite disappointed with you staying out of this, but in the end its your decision.

Posted by: acro ()
Date: June 18, 2010 04:46AM

If dannyray really doesn't want to play perhaps I could take his place and battle ghost for a spot?

Date: June 20, 2010 09:51AM

for inactivity i disqualify SOVEREIGN. since ghost asked to late join first, he will get the chance to fight dannyray for a seat in round 1!

Date: June 20, 2010 11:51AM

ghost: castile
dannyray: nicaea

after 42 turns the game started to lag while on top of the battle. ghost had a slow start but managed through clever gameplay to catch up. dannyray expanded fast but wasnt able to take use of his early advantage. the game got unplayable due to extreme lagging and was decided draw by the judge (me), leading to a rematch for a final decision.

Date: June 20, 2010 12:10PM

WARRIORS! even though we have to wait for dannyray and ghost to rematch, i have blindpicked the round 1 battles for those going to holidays soon:

RIPPE vs JENNY
MYOPIA vs PERFECT
XUUL vs PAARS
JYNX vs LIKENOOTHERS
DANNYRAY/GHOST vs MRSCIENTIST
MASTER vs JD
TWO-WORLDS vs REX
SQUEEGIE vs 123456

i will open the round 1 thread when dannyray and ghost rematched.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2010 12:21PM by -RIPPE-.

Date: June 21, 2010 04:10AM

but the others can batlle now?

Date: June 21, 2010 04:52AM

sure, just fight, i will later open a round 1 thread. just put your results in here and i will past n copy em to round 1 once danny fought ghost.

Posted by: JD ()
Date: June 21, 2010 07:18AM

Dont know if Master is busy or not but I wont have much time to play until June 29th and 30th。
So Master give me some options on those two days and I will try to be online :)

thanks

Posted by: Master ()
Date: June 21, 2010 07:28AM

Okay. June 29th would be best for me.

The afternoon on the 30th would also work.

Date: June 21, 2010 08:09AM

So, jynx, when?

Posted by: Squeegie ()
Date: June 21, 2010 11:50AM

123456 (that's the kind of combination an idiot would put on his luggage), I'm calling you out!

My times is a bit limited at the moment, but I should be here Tuesday evening around 8:00 EST and possibly Wednesday and/or Thursday all evening (probably 1 of the days, not both... not sure which yet). The weekend is probably no good.

Prepare to get Squeegified!

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.