Gamers' Lounge :  Conqueror! Forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
IBG Quit
Posted by: Lucky ()
Date: June 16, 2010 07:22PM

in a hissy fit around turn 32 when he wasn't dead. Both his partners wanted to play on. In fact, Scum and I did play on for another 15 turns without him (even though his AI replacement attacked me) and we killed one of the opponents but couldn't quite nail it down without IBG.

Big thanks goes out to the quitters!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2010 07:23PM by Lucky.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: IBG Quit
Posted by: Scum ()
Date: June 17, 2010 12:35AM

It would've been a great game without ibg quitting.

Seems to be a trend for players to quit when things are not the most exciting for them personally, disregarding the team as a whole.

I believe I took over for Sitting_Bull, or someone, I forget. Lucky then took over for Zenn_Lavian. Then ibg quit. The entire original south team was absent at the end game.

Posted by: Master ()
Date: June 17, 2010 05:03AM

Well guys I know IBG pretty well as a player, and I doubt he would quit a teamgame unless he had a good reason.

Yeah it sucks when someone leaves a teamgame because they are loosing, but sometimes disconnection and important real life stuff happens.

Posted by: -RIPPE- ()
Date: June 17, 2010 06:59AM

yeah, G aint no quitter, sometimes you just have to let go...

lately i quitted a 2 vs 2 game when my teammate started arguing heavily with me about some rather unimportant issue. i dont quit easily and never quit when seemingly loosing. but when my teammate starts discussing bullshit instead of discussing how to destroy our enemies, i had no problem to leave. nevertheless i wont leave easily even with shit like that happening but sometimes you just...

Posted by: DirtyHarry ()
Date: June 17, 2010 07:36AM

Scum Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Seems to be a trend for players to quit when
> things are not the most exciting for them
> personally, disregarding the team as a whole.

Definitely a trend with players quitting teamgames early...

Regarding G, then I wouldn't say I know him as a quitter normally, and I could find many other names to put on my list over players I don't wanna play with because of them having a bad habit about leaving games early.

PS: I respect there is reallife stuff that are important, but I don't buy that "oohhh shit I got to go to dinner now...bye..." not when the game is 20 minutes old.

Date: June 17, 2010 10:08AM

in fact it is better when quitters leave a game instead of staying and giving up mentally. there are a handful of players i wouldnt start a teammatch with cuz they are quitters or mentaquitters. id rather play with a newb than with one of those. a huge lot of players give up way too early which is much more annoying than quitters who force to repbeg.

Date: June 17, 2010 11:00AM

you got a point.

When I play 2 v 2 with Master, we always set ourselves a goal, when we can see that the ship is sinking. For example - If things really look awful around turn 40 we agree to continue until turn 50 - and if things looks better there we extend it a few more years. Of course it doesn't guarantee succes, but still we go down with style, and sometimes we have succeded in turning the game around... and sometimes staying alive a bit longer than anyone expected is a small victory in itself.

Date: June 17, 2010 04:30PM

Master Wrote:
> Well guys I know IBG pretty well as a player, and
> I doubt he would quit a teamgame unless he had a
> good reason.
>
> Yeah it sucks when someone leaves a teamgame
> because they are loosing, but sometimes
> disconnection and important real life stuff
> happens.

I would have agreed with you before this game. He said he was done and I said "hold on a little longer" because it was clear to every other player that the game wasn't over yet. He replied "I am not a noob who just needs to be encouraged" then something to the effect of 'this game is over'.

I don't think he had bad intentions, just a bad attitude at the time. He was clearly frustrated and understandably. But he was a quitter regardless and he abandoned his team.

Date: June 17, 2010 04:56PM

even if ibg just left you back in that game i see no reason to blame some very honorable player who has foughts several hundred hi class battles because of one left game. acting like this dishonors you lucky by pointing at the wrong person. there are several players who would deserve this treatment much more but in the end you cant profit by blaming others...

Date: June 17, 2010 05:21PM

I am happy to point out others. The way he left was especially obnoxious to me though so he is the first I point out. He responded to me nastily when I asked him to stay.

Posted by: ghost. ()
Date: June 17, 2010 07:22PM

DirtyHarry Wrote:
> PS: I respect there is real life stuff that are
> important, but I don't buy that "oohhh shit I got
> to go to dinner now...bye..." not when the game is
> 20 minutes old.

If your referring to me, I almost always find a rep, many have given me this persona of leaving for dinner. I add that although, I never join a game near 5 PM (unless people don't mind after i tell them i might need dinner) for this reason: my dad does shift work and so I never actually know when my dinner is ready until he tells me. And if you were not directing it at me, then forget everything i just said :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2010 07:23PM by ghost..

Date: June 17, 2010 08:32PM

g is a badass rotten motherfucker whod sell his sister to his father just to make his mother cry, no doubt he was obnoxious to you.

Date: June 17, 2010 11:57PM

G is not a bad ass motherfucker and he isn't that high class of a player. He is a established player. By no means does that eliminate him from being a dumbass that game, which he was.

The game was NOT over, but his position was losing. His only role was to continue a resistance without his capital and to focus troops towards Muscovy, instead of Napoli.

ibg used the "I have to go eat dinner" excuse in this game.

ibg was clearly and politely asked to stay for a year OR help find a replacement by Lucky in the game chat. That is when the whole "I'm not a n00b and don't need motivation" comment came out. Lucky then said to stop acting like one than. ibg left. Like a quitter.

If he is a quitter or if he was having a bad day, I don't care. I've never had that problem with him before so I think he was probably just having a bad day. Note in my last post the entire team before him in the south had quit as well.

What is shit is all you jump on Lucky because he isn't an established player and say he is wrong. Ya'll are complete shit sometimes. Little circle jerking eachother off is what this little community is sometimes.

Except Dirtyharry, he didn't take up a side. He isn't good or bad, just the ugly.

Posted by: Master ()
Date: June 18, 2010 07:05AM

I did not jump on Lucky - at least that was not the intention.
It was just hard for me to believe since my experience with G is very different.

Lucky might be right. I can't tell since I was not there, but I hope he does not judge G for that 1 bad experience.

Date: June 18, 2010 08:36AM

lucky is an established player btw...

Date: June 18, 2010 10:45AM

ghost. Wrote:
> DirtyHarry Wrote:
> > PS: I respect there is real life stuff that are
> > important, but I don't buy that "oohhh shit I
> got
> > to go to dinner now...bye..." not when the game
> is
> > 20 minutes old.
>
> If your referring to me, I almost always find a
> rep, many have given me this persona of leaving
> for dinner. I add that although, I never join a
> game near 5 PM (unless people don't mind after i
> tell them i might need dinner) for this reason: my
> dad does shift work and so I never actually know
> when my dinner is ready until he tells me. And if
> you were not directing it at me, then forget
> everything i just said :P

Hmmm I wasn't even thinking of you. Cant remember you have left a game with me - at least not without finding a replacement first, or have informed us about you could have to run in the middle of the game.

Date: June 18, 2010 11:08AM

And to address the G issue: Maybe he just had a bad day, maybe the communication between the two players went wrong, which can happen, especially when its just text.(I does happen to me sometimes). I think what many players already have said is, that they haven't had problems with G in the many years he have been a part of this community, and therefor it might be a bit harsh to judge him too hard for one game. Again I can only say, I can think of many other players as game quitters before G comes into my mind.

To repeat myself: G might have had a bad day = shorter fuse than normally = communication breakdown = quitting. It can happen for all of us. The problem is, if a player get a bad habit of quitting/leaving games, but 1 game doesn't make a habit.

When Lucky writes here, I also see it as a frustration over game quitters as a whole (the situation with G might just have been the trigger). And that frustration is fair and legit in my opinion - which most players can agree upon, regardless of them agreeing with the harsh words again G. So maybe we shouldn't talk more about that incident, but turn the focus on game quitting as a general issue?

Scum wrote: "Except Dirtyharry, he didn't take up a side. He isn't good or bad, just the ugly."

Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: June 18, 2010 02:04PM

have i missed something, or is this topic because of 1 game?

Date: June 18, 2010 05:51PM

I got the impression some of you were saying Lucky was not telling the truth. I know G isn't a quitter, but he really ruined what could've been a great game.

I personally like to set goals of not dying in 1 year or 10 turns, as DH has mentioned.

In the end it's all a game and when you leave, you have nothing if you win or lose. Only the experience and the fun. The experience is only as fun as you make it. Guess it goes to display character in real life when they do or don't quit, if they are happy with what they do or not.

I can't remember quitting a game due to not wanting to continue playing. I have had DC issues before, and shockwaved a few times. Never willingly left until all the team conceded though.

One time though, my team mate really made me mad. Took Norway and Flanders and then called me names for asking for them, I was Ulster and him Saxony. So I built up troops in England and took his capital around turn 10. Then he left. Stupid quitter.

Yep, like that DH? Just called you ugly. Got to have a come back, come on ... Go ahead and make my day!

Posted by: hallali ()
Date: June 19, 2010 04:09AM

Better to quit than this other player, who decided turn 50 to attack me with 150 troops instead to walk on our enemies cap just for the fun...(3vs3, I forgot that assholes name)

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.