Gamers' Lounge :  forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
2v2 or 3v3 Tourne
Posted by: TravisResist ()
Date: June 29, 2010 06:17AM

Someone already started a topic on this a 3v3 tounre, but why not a 2v2.

it could work out as this

30-40 top players all names get jumbled up in a hat and teams are picked randomly for fairness, and its upon the teams decision to sub or to postpone a match if a player is missing also, teams can decide to exchange one player with another team due to conflicts or if a team could work better with him/her.

2v2. teams of 2 names will jumbled up or numbers randomly picked and some system will be worked out, it will all be knock outs, 16 teams would be nice.16>8>4>2>1
subs will be available in the lobby in case, all matches would be fitted to everyones everyday schedule.

3v3. would work out the same way just minor diffos.
PLease consider the idea
i wouldn't mind organizing it with some help

Remember everything you know now was all once a simple idea

Resistante=LeResistance=LeRes=xXx=God=Travis

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2v2 or 3v3 Tourne
Posted by: -RIPPE- ()
Date: June 29, 2010 09:17AM

just do it res.
1vs1 tournament = problems, 2vs2 = problemsĀ², 3vs3 = problemsĀ³,....
...but you aint no quitter are you?

Posted by: Akiran ()
Date: June 29, 2010 01:16PM

lol

Akiran=Malakira=M-K=Jesus_Christ=Hitler=THePoPe=Mohamed

M-K

Posted by: Squeegie ()
Date: June 29, 2010 03:52PM

I think you should host a 2v2 tourney witha twist... One player controls both personalities on their team. Set the turn timer kinda short, maybe 1:15.

Squeegie and Squeegie2 are ready for action!

Date: June 29, 2010 04:02PM

MALAKIRA AND JESUS_CHRIST

MALAKIRA= angel that brings death

M-K

Date: June 30, 2010 12:06PM

nice idea there squeegie it will relinquish the whole absent-ism problem, but defeats the idea of a '2v2!' tourne lol, that would be a 1v1 with 2 accs

Posted by: Squeegie ()
Date: June 30, 2010 03:43PM

It would be very different from a 1v1 tourney. Although not as fun as a real 2v2.... We tried a 2v2 once before and never got past the first round.

Date: July 19, 2010 06:24AM

well then i wasn't in conqueror!! but now i am :) so it'll work with my ingenious thinking

Date: July 19, 2010 06:46AM

keep dreaming

Date: July 19, 2010 06:59AM

I'm in i read a couple of things thats up there, so heres my thought take scums idea and merge it with acros :),

Okay, a team consisting of 3 players max with a captain to represent that team(could be random picked team or discussed) its the captains duty to make sure his member are on for said appointed match (GMT) if players are missing its captains decision to either find maps or forfeit game now this is where scums either comes into play,

everyone starts off with 100 points(more more not set figure) if you win a game you gain half the points from your opponents so 150 etc..

you can only challenge teams in the same score ranks as you...
150-beginner
300-intermediate
600-pro
1200-Major
so on (random numbering system it could be changed)
also if any team drops down to 0 points they have to wait a week to regain 100 more points
if a team stays inactive for a week or for(again random figure) they lose 100 points and for every challenge you refuse you lose 10-50 points
this will keep top teams from staying at the top

in games- if along the line a player must leave or connection problems if game is early enough match can be re-scheduled if match looks victorious to one side then game is decided or replacement but team replacing gain less points upon wining match and lose more points losing. game can be restart for only these reasons

-early dc and ai ruins game
-ulster terrible start greneda great start or greneda in england by turn 8 but all players in game must agree to restart
-any difficult spot on the map has terrible start and all players must agree also
-greneda Lithuania strong spots are not allowed to request for restart.

team captains hold all responsibility for teams they may instate a second captain in team if needed. captains are to consult with team mates to arrange time for matches for forth.

the team holding the highest score rank for 5 weeks straight are honored the titles of elite and put in the hall of power(forum topic)
(all this either game from acro scum and afro samurai's idea of ''only the person holding the second headband can challenge the number one headband

Also to avoid everyone challenging the top players only the teams with the closet points to the top players can challenge them.

anything else upon what i've said is appreciated i really want a 3v3 tourne to start :) thats how it would work 2v2 or 3v3 thats the only question :)

Posted by: -RIPPE- ()
Date: July 19, 2010 09:05AM

combining the systems is a good idea. i like the idea of no points for an unclear match (eg disconnected player doesnt come back) and a started map has to be played! no matter what bad start or shit.
before the game starts, it would be great if both teams could place a bet with the points they have. so you can play for more than just the standard points.

Date: July 19, 2010 09:13AM

that could be put in too what i posted there was just my idea of how it would run so yu think it would work out?..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.