Gamers' Lounge :  Conqueror! Forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
CT2010 - ROUND I
Posted by: -RIPPE- ()
Date: June 30, 2010 09:29AM

WARRIORS! the preliminaries are done and round 1 has begun (check for the "2001 special edition" schedule below)! please contact your enemy here and get your fight done in the next two weeks.

these battles have already been fought:

Muscovy: 123456
vs
Castile: Squeegie

Judge: Likenoothers.

After several restarts, we finally found a game that could turn good. But we agreed in the start, that 123456 had quite some nice lands in the balkan, but Squeegie got the best start. Even though 123456 had some good lands, Squeegies better start, meant that Squeegie was in UK and Africa long before 123... and therefore had quite the advantage in lands troughout the game. But 123.. was able to press middle europe much better, but had too himself beaten, as his front was in Norway and Natolia.

Winner of the game: The Squeegienator

-

Lithuania: Scum
vs
Castile: Likenoothers

Judge: i and i

lnos restart tactic confused scum so hard that he conceded after 20 turns. the neckbreaker was a revolting poland around turn 8, which broke dowm scums western progress for some turns while lno was able to conquer a dev cluster in germany, which scum didnt manage to fight up against.

Winner of the game: Likenoothers

-

England: Jenny
vs
Bulgaria: RIPPE

Judge: Ghost

Both starts were reasonably good but maybe with an advantage to RIPPE. Lands were quite even as well and a 40k +1 Developed Bohemia was the target for both which Jenny ended up getting. But RIPPE ended up advancing a lot earlier than Jenny due to this. As the game continued RIPPE got stronger with help from the forted Austria which could threaten bohemia. The front was mainly at Bohemia – Austria area in the beginning. But RIPPE just got stronger and stronger as the game went on frequently taking Holland. Turn 30 Jenny conceded due to being 74 pop behind. Both played a terrific game and was a well deserved win for RIPPE.

Winner of the game: RIPPE
-

Nicaea: Ghost
vs
Grenada: Dannyray

Judge:-

This was a third rematch after the first game crashed and the second was unfair. I had a good start taking many lands around my cap as well as most of balkans and africa, Danny had some trouble with large amount of provinces building troops. But he did have 2 +2 in france. I slowly got the better of him as i had more lands and higher pop. Danny conceded around turn 35-40.

Winner of the game: Ghost

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2010 09:47AM by -RIPPE-.

Attachments: CT2010R1.jpg (216.3 KB)  
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CT2010 - ROUND I
Date: June 30, 2010 10:40AM

ghosts game isnt played as the post before may suggest. i accidently set his preliminary battle in round 1. of course he still has to fight mrscientist.
only 3 WARRIORS are out so far: 123456, Scum and Jenny
farewell WARRIORS!

Posted by: Myopia ()
Date: July 01, 2010 08:59AM

Lets go Perfect! We can set this up anytime after 5pm PST Monday-Friday, weekends will see.

Posted by: Paars ()
Date: July 02, 2010 01:06PM

Xuul Come on, lets do this while we're still young!

Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: July 02, 2010 06:05PM

Damn,looking great with either Paars og XuuL in my next round! GL to both of you!

Date: July 03, 2010 06:55PM

Ghost in Normandy vs MrScientist in Bulgaria

This immediately was shaping up to be an epic, fast and hard hitting battle with both starting with a +2 dev to play with. Mrsci has a great start, and offered to restart at turn 4, but Ghost was inclined to play on, and I'm very happy he did. The most active fronts kept changing, with both attempting to break through the others' powerhouse countries, with Ghost taking Macedonia early and Mrsci returning the favor almost getting England a few times. There was also heavy fighting in Scandinavia and Africa, with a AI developed denmark to 110k heavily aiding Ghost. Ghost had the edge in battle skill, whereas Mrsci had the edge in battle management, as Mrsci consistently had 50+ more soldiers than Ghost every turn and 2x the gold through turn 50.

Turn 51 40 vs 34 in Normandy, Ghostie got 1st move to survive. Ghost breathes a sigh of relief, and the battle continues.

Turn 58 is interesting- Ghost has a foothold in Finland and Mrscientist has a foothold in Algiers. However, Ghost's attacks to take the keep and put pressure on Macedonia has their cost- despite equal lands and population, Mrscientist is ahead by nearly 2000 gold. Ghost's skillful attacks and opening of the money bag has turn 61 with the following score:

Mrscientist 35 lands, 248 pop, 442 armies, 2437 gold

Ghost 35 lands , 243 pop, 459 armies, 1098 gold

The game is a contrast in styles, with Ghost darting everywhere attempting to create weakness with whatever armies he has available, while Mrscientist prefers building up his forces and then moving them with the intention of large-scale offense. The first 2 turns in a year are dictated by Ghost generally, but Ghost must abandon his offense to deal with Mrscientist's push.

Interestingly, both around turn 60 begin to build farms in autumn, as I see 70-80k gradually appear near the fronts.

At turn 69 Mrscientist has a huge advantage, with lands and pop being equal, but 178 more armies and 1200 more gold for Mrscientist. His concentrated attacks have more often allowed him to hit Ghost's backlands, and as judge I feel my duty will soon be over. The very next turn the gap widens to nearly 300 armies. Part of his success can be attributed to his capital being 120k around turn 45 or so, allowing him to build up a massive army to be deployed in spring towards the latter end of the game. As I write this I see about 320 ready in brandenburg and Poland for what I believe will be the final push. 260 wind up poised in bohemia for a run at Normandy in spring turn 73. As Ghost scrambles to muster the forces to repel them, Mrscientist calmly pushes forward while taking control in Africa and Scandinavia, and building up another huge army around Poland to take Normandy if his current attempt somehow fails. The concentrated attack protocol shows its benefits, as Ghost must consume multiple turns to deal with Mrscientist's attack. 128 confronts 126 in Normandy in autumn, but Mrscientist decides to disburse his army, taking a huge hit at Ghost's backlands. Ghost shows his spirit by sending a counterattack at Macedonia, with 51 against 51 in winter turn 76, although failing to take it.

Ghost is showing great spirit in defying my expectations of defeat, but as Ghost scrambles 90k lands begin to appear in MrSci's frontlands. Also, at turn 80 Mrscientist has 130 armies in Algiers ready to crush 18 in Tangiers, with Ghost not having any armies in his backlands in Spain. Mrsci finally overextends himself with 70 deserting him in Algiers... but he still has 280 more armies than Ghost.

Turn 83 149 in Burgundy vs 122 in Normandy. Normandy falls, and an epic game ends.

Posted by: Rex ()
Date: July 04, 2010 05:52PM

hi two-worlds
I can play this mon-weds after 20.00 and next weekend after 20.00. maybe later on the evening 2 danish time.
rex

Posted by: XuuL ()
Date: July 07, 2010 10:34AM

Hey Paars, when shall we make our game? What about this weekend.. lets say Saturday 18:00 CET?

Posted by: XuuL ()
Date: July 10, 2010 11:55AM

Paars (Lith) vs XuuL (North)

regarding expansion, we both had a standard start... getting our neighbors and some interesting 2nd row land. paars lost 2 important lands to rebellion what was rly nasty, because meanwhile he had to conquer them back, i could advance

i was now constantly pushing units towards poland over 1 30k dev+2 and 2 50k dev lands in my 3rd and 4th row.. while paars had to build units to hold, i could advance other lands.. and so on

i think i had the better start and lands around and i was always 3-4 turns ahead of paars.. so paars resigned very quickly between turn 20-30 or sth like that

GG

Date: July 15, 2010 09:08AM

Perfect, where are you? Sad face.

Posted by: JD ()
Date: July 15, 2010 04:04PM

OK, I will just have to play Master when he is back, since I dont see him online.
If it is OK I will just play round 2 opponent first which will be Mr S, but up to RIPPE to decide?

Date: July 17, 2010 06:06AM

no need to hurry jd since others have to play their matches too we can just give the champ some time...

THE LATE WARS:
MASTER VS JD
TWO-WORLDS VS REX
MYOPIA VS PERFECT

THE VICTORIOUS WARRIORS OF ROUND II:
RIPPE
XUUL
LIKENOOTHERS
MRSCIENTIST
SQUEEGIE

Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: July 17, 2010 11:59AM

Tomorrow i will be gone for 3 weeks. There will be an internetconnection, but i will not use it for much.

Posted by: Master ()
Date: July 27, 2010 04:57AM

Hi JD I am back from vacation.
I got a lot of time this week so if you could write when you think you are going to be online then it would be great.

Posted by: Master ()
Date: July 30, 2010 07:37PM

JD can we get this match over with?

Date: July 31, 2010 05:44AM

TWO-WORLDS, REX, MYOPIA and PERFECT please get your games done soon too so we can move on. otherwise two-worlds and perfect will get disqualified.

Posted by: Rex ()
Date: July 31, 2010 03:24PM

hi two worlds
Havent seen much of you. Eager to play. I have time all evenings after 22.00 danish time.
Rex

Posted by: Squeegie ()
Date: August 01, 2010 10:41AM

Tyrese Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ghost in Normandy vs MrScientist in Bulgaria
>
> This immediately was shaping up to be an epic,
> fast and hard hitting battle with both starting
> with a +2 dev to play with.......

Great recap Tyrese! I laughed, I cried, it moved me.

Date: August 02, 2010 01:58AM

Thanks S! I think I write recaps better than I play, but its still fun.

Perfect... come out come out wherever you are! It's time to play.

Date: August 02, 2010 07:02AM

WARRIORS! one week from now, round I will be closed. all participants who have not shown up will be disqualified.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.