Gamers' Lounge :  forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Idea: a 3v3 league
Posted by: Akiran ()
Date: July 18, 2010 02:51PM

unlike likenoothers i know 1 obvious idiot that be myself and some of the newbs that just started

M-K

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Myopia ()
Date: July 18, 2010 03:10PM

1.) I would be interested in any type of league.

2.) Around 30 players showed up today, I think some type of league would be successful. Advertising will make it more successful, as we had a 16 player ffa going for a few months- I think we had 40 consistently before the World Cup, we just have to generate some excitement and spam unashamedly and we'll have enough players for our league.

3.) To accommodate the variety of games and lack of players consistent logging on, I would say condense 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3 so that if only 1 out of 5 ( or however many you want in a clan ) are available you can play in a clan game.

4.) Any game should result in clan points and individual points, with the greater numbers in a game the less impact it has on your individual rating.

The following I don't feel strongly about, but just throwing these ideas out there:

Have a regular season lasting a month with an open timeline to play 3 each of 3v3, 2v2, and 1v1 against another clan.

At the end of every month the bottom and top clans in the league have to exchange some players to promote balanced league.

Posted by: TravisResist ()
Date: July 19, 2010 06:13AM

I'm in i read a couple of things thats up there, so heres my thought take scums idea and merge it with acros :),

Okay, a team consisting of 3 players max with a captain to represent that team(could be random picked team or discussed) its the captains duty to make sure his member are on for said appointed match (GMT) if players are missing its captains decision to either find maps or forfeit game now this is where scums either comes into play,

everyone starts off with 100 points(more more not set figure) if you win a game you gain half the points from your opponents so 150 etc..

you can only challenge teams in the same score ranks as you...
150-beginner
300-intermediate
600-pro
1200-Major
so on (random numbering system it could be changed)
also if any team drops down to 0 points they have to wait a week to regain 100 more points
if a team stays inactive for a week or for(again random figure) they lose 100 points and for every challenge you refuse you lose 10-50 points
this will keep top teams from staying at the top

in games- if along the line a player must leave or connection problems if game is early enough match can be re-scheduled if match looks victorious to one side then game is decided or replacement but team replacing gain less points upon wining match and lose more points losing. game can be restart for only these reasons

-early dc and ai ruins game
-ulster terrible start greneda great start or greneda in england by turn 8 but all players in game must agree to restart
-any difficult spot on the map has terrible start and all players must agree also
-greneda Lithuania strong spots are not allowed to request for restart.

team captains hold all responsibility for teams they may instate a second captain in team if needed. captains are to consult with team mates to arrange time for matches for forth.

the team holding the highest score rank for 5 weeks straight are honored the titles of elite and put in the hall of power(forum topic)
(all this either game from acro scum and afro samurai's idea of ''only the person holding the second headband can challenge the number one headband

Also to avoid everyone challenging the top players only the teams with the closet points to the top players can challenge them.

anything else upon what i've said is appreciated i really want a 3v3 tourne to start :)

Posted by: Akiran ()
Date: July 19, 2010 06:17AM

"ulster terrible start greneda great start or greneda in england by turn 8 but all players in game must agree to restart" at least 6 players must agree

Posted by: TravisResist ()
Date: July 19, 2010 06:19AM

haha yea 6 players ;P typo sorry about that :)

Posted by: -RIPPE- ()
Date: July 20, 2010 04:15AM

acro could you post a final ruleset for your 3vs3 league, so we know what to expect?
i mean there were many good ideas yet (of which mine were the best oc...) so it should be possible to get a working system, changes can still be done once the bus is rollin...

Posted by: Paars ()
Date: July 26, 2010 05:55AM

You could also randomly mix people into teams. However, first get a list of people and we leave it to some experienced players to rank them into a few groups like:

Strong: Master, xuul, lno etc

above average: etc etc....

average: etc etc......

then for example place 1 of each group randomly into a team

maybe activity, amount of people a team, or possible time of playing could be taken into account.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.