Gamers' Lounge :  Conqueror! Forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: 3v3 TEAM sign-up
Posted by: acro ()
Date: August 09, 2010 11:36AM

Because an open league never ends. Anyone who doesn't have a team should still get chance to play anyway as a guest player.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rex ()
Date: August 10, 2010 08:12AM

why should it end? Leagues go on - tournaments stop. Just play king of hill. My team will oc start on top... :O)

Date: August 10, 2010 10:22AM

The idea was that we have a fixed league with an exact number of games to be played so that there would be a winner and all teams had played the same number of games. Then we start the second season.

Posted by: -RIPPE- ()
Date: August 10, 2010 11:46AM

i am with rex in this case, why close it? if you keep it open the first season people have some time to form a team. i would like to participate too, but jd hasnt shown up for some time so i cant just sign up. also i dont think that there has to be the same amount of matches played, but thats up to as how you look at the league.

Date: August 10, 2010 12:14PM

Ok, I'll allow late entries until it would be too impractical to do so, but the league itself will finish when all teams have played their games rather than go on forever, and obviously a new team can't enter right near the end as it would take so long waiting for them to play all their games.

Posted by: Rex ()
Date: August 10, 2010 02:48PM

The reason im writing is exactly what you are afraid of Acro. That the 3vs3 league will end up like the 1vs1 tournament - DEAD. Nothing happens. Wait, wait, wait. Threfore the 3vs3 must be alive. Like king of the hill. Or you play a game and gets points. 5 points beating nr. 1 and maybe 3 points for a game. The teams will register their wins themselves. Just a suggestion - not thought through. I just dont want it to die. But I´m afraid it will be impossible to get all players together at the same time. The idear about having others players to play is good - but what if the team only can find a semigood player. Can they reject to play? Well, still a great idear Acro and I and all others appreciate all the work you have done to make it happen. So this is just meant as some constructive idears.

Date: August 11, 2010 07:18AM

see rex, the ct2010 is not dead, its just not easy to get 2 people (internet people!) at a table at the same time. i am extending round 1 since jd waited for master and now that master returned jd is missing out. the remaining players are eager to fight round 2 as i am. since its nothing new that players get lost along the way i will finish this tournament as i did with the two before. i have no problem with it lasting half a year. this community has good mix of people that show in every now and then and putting pressure on em to play is not my cup o tea.

i was for a open 3vs3 league structure cuz in a closed system youd have like 5 teams max of which 2 actually play. i also want to see a working 3 vs 3 league so its important to have good n simple rules. on the other side id say just start the show and change the rules while its runnin. but thats acros keg to carry. things need time, just relax.

Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: August 12, 2010 06:37AM

Team Gratis, Paars and LNO.
Team-name: Rippe shaves his legs.

Unless Gratis disagree.

Date: August 12, 2010 09:22AM

my shaved legs give me superiority not just when swimming, they also look fantastic in white stockings.

Posted by: Myopia ()
Date: August 15, 2010 10:28AM

Lets get this started... half of the people who signed up I don't see online. Lets try to make it 6pm GMT Sundays like we did for the 16 player FFA

Posted by: sixamplayer ()
Date: August 22, 2010 03:23PM

I'd like to ask about the rules.

What counts as a win in a 3v3 league game?

A) The first team to lose it's cap loses?

B) Does the team need to officially say they concede?

C) Some other senario

I'm asking because I'd like it to be clear for everybody and have a location people can look at and say "Yes indeed they lost their cap, so we win" or something of the sort.

My opinion is that if a team loses it's cap it's not necessarily game over, but that's just my opinion.

Date: August 22, 2010 04:17PM

A cap loss is not a win. For a win the other team needs to concede, or if they never concede, every last land they own must be taken (but I'm sure this will never happen, people always concede when there's no more hope).

We've all seen a cap be taken and then seen the game be turned around, so that's definitely a no no.

Posted by: sixamplayer ()
Date: August 23, 2010 07:26PM

Thanks Acro.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.