Gamers' Lounge :  forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
3v3 league rules
Posted by: acro ()
Date: July 20, 2010 06:25AM

These are the rules for the 3v3 league. If I've missed anything tell me.

1. Teams are of three players, no more, no less.

2. Each team will play each other team twice: once as north and once as south.

3. The map must be: Ulster & Saxony & Muscovy vs Grenada & Roma/Corsica & Nicaea.

4. There should be no restarts, however bad the start of one team is. If all 3 players get no land in the first year, tough luck.

5. At least 2 players from the named team must be playing at any one time. The other player in the game may either be the third named member, or a guest player who is not a full-time member of the team. This will likely be necessary as having all 6 players online at once is going to be infrequent.

6. In the event of disconnection, you should seek a replacement from the lobby. If none ever comes and the team with all 3 players still online wins while the AI is in control, this will count as a victory. This might be harsh at times, but is the fairest way to settle the game.

7. The winner of the league will be the team with most victories. A tie-break game will be used if required.

Any questions please ask. Sign up using the other thread.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 3v3 league rules
Posted by: Akiran ()
Date: July 20, 2010 06:42AM

couldnt maps be this as well:

tangiers/leon sardinia/tunis nicaea/natolia vs muscovy/crimea denmark/hanover ulster/eire

M-K

Posted by: empError ()
Date: July 21, 2010 02:13AM

Isn't it fairer with Lithuania instead of Muscovy? I feel that Saxony is stronger than Corsica/Roma, but not strong enough to compensate for the difference in Grenada vs. Ulster, normally. Then north would need a bit more compensation in the east, where Lith > Nic > Musc.

I think we can agree to one standard map. Then deviations from this can be played if both teams agree to it.

Date: July 21, 2010 03:11AM

As each team plays each other team once as north and once as south, it's just consistency that is important. If people think Lithuania is a better choice than Muscovy I will change it, but I certainly wouldn't allow either or as they're quite different. Corsica and Roma however, are reasonably similar.

Posted by: -RIPPE- ()
Date: July 21, 2010 03:15AM

possible maps should be made up of those countries:

northwest: ulster
central north: hanover, saxony
northeast: muscovy

southwest: grenada, tangiers
central south: corsica, roma
southeast: nicaea

there are also different layouts possible, but i think the variants i chose are the fairest.

i know that castile/ukraine/lithuania maps are played regularly but i dont consider them fair in a league setting. i think lithuania e.g. is by far too overpowered and wont compensate any differences in the west. i think muscovy is already stronger than nicaea...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2010 03:21AM by -RIPPE-.

Posted by: Akiran ()
Date: July 21, 2010 05:29AM

muscovy=rare natolia
tangiers=ulster
hanover=sardinia

as equal in position as it gets

M-K

Posted by: Gratis ()
Date: July 21, 2010 09:58AM

acro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> 7. The winner of the league will be the team with
> most victories. A tie-break game will be used if
> required.
>

It sounds a bit of more tournament instead of league, because the winner will get of like that - right?

In the league teams should be able to play as many games as they want and in the tournament, for one, every teams play as much of games.

The best ranking system of the league is the elo-ranking system, I suggest.

Anyway, it's painstaking to calculate the Elo by hand. One can find calculators from the web, here's one: [www.lutanho.net]

Date: July 21, 2010 03:40PM

This is a league rather than a ranking/ladder system Gratis.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.