Gamers' Lounge :  forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
CT2010 - ROUND II
Posted by: -RIPPE- ()
Date: August 16, 2010 07:34AM

WARRIORS! its time that we move on to the next chapter of this years grand tournament. sadly i had to disqualify PERFECT, TWO-WORLDS and JD for inactivity. as long as this round lasts, JD though will get the opportunity to reenter the tournament by fighting master.
check the battles below to see the upcoming matches.

Attachments: CT2010-ROUND2.jpg (217.8 KB)  
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CT2010 - ROUND II
Posted by: Master ()
Date: August 16, 2010 12:58PM

nice pics

Posted by: Myopia ()
Date: August 16, 2010 04:17PM

Nice, the Chinese have invaded Europe! Rippe I'm available any weekday from 12am-7am GMT, weekends open except for Saturday from 2:30pm-5:30pm. See you on the battlefield.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2010 04:19PM by Tyrese.

Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: August 16, 2010 10:15PM

XuuL, when do you prefer to lose the match? My advice, you'll need time after the match to cry in a corner, so set a good time! :)

EDIT: also i love the picture, Rippe!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2010 10:16PM by LikeNoOthers.

Posted by: Paars ()
Date: August 17, 2010 02:16AM

chao Gai - The heavenly king (Rippe)
luo zhen ren - the immortal luo (Myopia)
fan rui - King of War Devils (mrscientist)
qao que - the ball kicker (Master)
Lu shi nang - the god of war (Xuul)
Bao Xu - God of death (likenoothers)
Zhang Bao - He who kicked the sheep to death (squeegie) (either that, or li da)
Yuan Xiao er - the god of swift death (Rex)

If I remembered correctly :)

Posted by: Rex ()
Date: August 17, 2010 02:34AM

wow - im god of swift death. Hope I can deliever.
Squeegie - game on. Tell me when. Me most evenings

Date: August 17, 2010 02:42AM

good work paars, but mrscientist is representing the king of earth devils and master, the ball kicker, is of course gao qiu. i hope you enjoyed the pic.

myopia, best would be if we could fight sundays, but this week i wont be available.
so next week or anytime in between if we accidently meet.

Posted by: Akiran ()
Date: August 17, 2010 12:12PM

lol nice pics europe has turned yellow

Posted by: Master ()
Date: August 26, 2010 01:37AM

Hi Xerxes / Mrscientist.
Ill be online most fridays, saturdays and sundays. Lets get this game over with.

Posted by: Squeegie ()
Date: August 26, 2010 11:17AM

So... Is it safe to assume we have 4 weeks to finish this round? I have a totally free week coming up Sep 20-23. If that's too late I could try to work out sometime to dedicate to it.

Posted by: ghost. ()
Date: August 28, 2010 12:27PM

Wallachia(Squeegie vs Ile de france(Rex)

observer Palestine (Ghost)

Turn 1 Squeegie started with a few better lands but ile was the stronger position to start with so we played on.
Turn 6 The starts were both good although an advanatage to Squeegie was shown as he got more lands but it slowed as he came to get blocked in by forts in russia and armies in turkey. Rex also benefited from a 40k+1 dev genoa.
Turn 7 Both had the same lands and pop although rex was creeping ahead but squeegie with a +2 bulg began to catch up again.
Turn 9 First contact with fighting over 40k austria and dalmatia, rex was helped greatly by a 40+1 dev genoa and a developed helv
Turn 11 Squeegie advances.
Turn 12 Rex advances.
Turn 15 Squeegie began to recover after being pushed back to hungary since he was better developed. The battles resumed again at austria and dalm.
Turn 21 Squeegie took the lead after a few successive first turns, his better developed lands give him the advantage since he could develop other lands better.
Turn 22 Rex has 3 more lands and 15 more pop but the same culture.
Turn 26 both are equal in lands, pop and culture but rex has more gold and squeegie more armies.
Turn 30 The game is still really close with neither looking as if they are willing to lose.
Turn 33 Squeegie has advanage in all catergories except armies and squeege keeps getting first turn to take burgundy alot however rex i now fighting back again after getting his provence to same advancement as squeegie.
Turn 35 Squeegie has more armies and a 9 land advantage with 25 more pop and 14 more culture, it seems the game will be ending soon.
Turn 37 Squeegie still has 9 more lands but now has a 36 population advantage and 21 more culure however 3 of the lands are Rex's backlands which squeegie got due to first move however rex once again has more armies 70+ now
Turn 40 Rex has somehow managed to turn it around, although he has 30 to Squeegie's 32 he now has 4 more pop and 50 more armies, most of the uk however is not taken which i think is hurting his chances of winning.
Turn 41 just as i wrote what i said above Rex takes most of the UK and begins to dev the 70k+ lands it has to offer.
Turn 42 Centre europe is filled with huge armies most provinces have 40+ armies with 80 in Dalmatia which is Squeegies.
Turn 43 Rex has skillfully advanced his entire front line whilst squeegie still has 20k dev and 40k devs in his. However squeegie still has more lands and double rex's money
Turn 45 After 40 turns of Squeegie dominace Rex finally takers over as having more culture!!!
Turn 49 Rex take the lead in the score again having much more money, armies and culture however squeegie still has more lands and population. I barely dare to say it but I think Rex is now gonna win.
Turn 51 Rex has 150 more armies than squeegie and is pushing him back in all area. Most notably in africa where Rex has gone from just Tunis to threatening egypt in 10 turns
Turn 54 Squeegie has lost so many lands rex has 41 to squeegies 29 lands as well as 150 more armies 67 more pop 32 more culture and is winning on all fronts.
Turn 56 Squeegie has been farming alot with a 110k cap but Rex still has a huge pop advantage.
Turn 57 As Rex gets closer to Squeegies farm core he comes up against more and more armies also since the line there is so underdeveloped he has nowhere to get armies from and so squeegie can push him back.
Turn 59 With Rex in mace and going for the kill Squeegie launches a last bid attempt to take Ile, he send 300 troops towards his cap but Rex has many troops depending.
Turn 61 Rex now has 330 more armies than squeegie and lands are falling to rex like clockwork Squeegie calls GG which Rex agrees to.

Posted by: Myopia ()
Date: August 28, 2010 01:25PM

Nice recap... but france vs wallachia? Huge advantage for France. Silly Squeegie, why'd you play that map. :)

Date: August 28, 2010 03:45PM

I am not sure it is soo unfair brit wall has an advantage to wall also squeegie had 3 more +2 than rex as well as more dev and overall better lands. Problem was Rex made more armies. :-/

Posted by: Squeegie ()
Date: August 29, 2010 02:54AM

Tyrese Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice recap... but france vs wallachia? Huge
> advantage for France. Silly Squeegie, why'd you
> play that map. :)

Yeah, I think it's a slight advantage for France, but it was evened out by my +2s. However, I wouldn't have played this map if I knew Musc, Lith, and Crimea were all building forts (with about 3 armies in each) and Nic, Mace, and Podolia all built to 6 armies; mace being one of my +2s. That slowed my start down terribly.

Date: August 29, 2010 09:48AM

Bulgaria (RIPPE) vs Aquitainte (Myopia)

Judge (Ghost) Ulster

Turn 1 The map is littered with +1 devs RIPPE has at least 4 in the close area to Myopia's 3 but he does have a +2 Gascony
Turn 3 Alot of countries begin on armies. RIPPE has a good start taking 6 lands by now to myopia's 3
Turn 4 Myopia talks of a restart after RIPPE has twice as many lands, he also has bad luck. They do however play on.
Turn 6 Many of Myopia's lands have 4 or more armies plus 5 forted armies in genoa.
Turn 9 RIPPE advances and Myopia is fair behind I beleive. As well as advancing faster RIPPE also has a lead in all catergories except gold.
Turn 10 Like normal i am wrong, Myopia advances. A 40k +1 dev austria falls into RIPPE's hand and is by far the best land in central Europe.
Turn 11 A quick note, Myopia seems to suffer from bad luck early on. Provence is still not take after 4 only kill 1. However, many of the 30k lands have just deved totaling up to 5 for myopia.
Turn 14 RIPPE still leads but myopia has better developed lands now although less overall, also he is taking good advantage of a good UK and french coast.
Turn 15 First contact is at lux, helv both make 1 army per turn.
Turn 17 RIPPE's good start is beginning to show, all his front lands are mostly 50k dev and he has more armies, however myopia is catchig up by having the only other advanced lands except caps in gascony.
Turn 19 RIPPE now has almost double the pop of Myopia which is helped by the local leaders which seem to now mostly farm his lands.
Turn 22 Both lose armeis in winter but myopia loses less and has 20 more armies, a first move to genoa could change the game since it's keep will add good protection.
Turn 23 3 of the 4 forts are now under pressure by myopia, all could fall giving myopia the chance to get 6 more armies per turn from 3 provences.
Turn 24 Myopia loses 22 v 11 in 1 fort but gets the other 8 v 5
Turn 26 Battles rage at lux - rhine, helv - burgundy and genoa - venetia as well as down south in tunis - algiers.
Turn 30 Myopia has been pushed out of all except lux. RIPPE has 15 more lands as well as 75 more pop and 36 culture. Looks over from my perpective.
Turn 35 RIPPE still has 13 more lands and a great pop lead but still myopia does not give in, he throws everything at RIPPE to try and just take the next land
Turn 40 RIPPE is far in the lead now, with 15 more lands and 109 more pop and 41 more culture as well as 112 more armies.
Turn 42 Myopia concedes since there is no chance or winning for him. Was a gg and maybe could have been differnet if not for myopia's start, but RIPPE did play very well and deserved the win.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2010 09:56AM by ghost..

Date: August 30, 2010 01:12AM

thx for the flowers ghost, firstly there was no restart talk of myopia, in fact you asked for it and myopia decided to play on, secondly myopia progressed not into my direction which in my oppinion cost him the victory.

Date: August 30, 2010 04:26AM

Well, firstly he did, when I said it was the last turn for restart he said he didn't realise he could, he did say that luck was apart of the game though so he didn't. As for why he lost I would agree, he did even get more than 2 places from cap in centre for most of the game as well as you getting to norway before him. As i said to you after the game, i found little to write for you since you played a flawless game, i could comment on myopia's game more since it was all about him surviving, you just had to keep your cool which you did and you were sure to win due to your better management of lands and tactics, even though at a disadvanatge in starting capitals. Also, I said how you got all the good lands early on which made it difficult for myopia to move foward. It also shows how you straight away went for all the forts which paid off in the long run.

Posted by: MrScientist ()
Date: August 30, 2010 04:44AM

that's a pretty long sentence you wrote there ghost:p

Hi master, kinda difficult to find good timing for our game. Moved to UK (temporarily) and as you all know, there is no proper conquerorgame there.

No kidding oc. but i will not be online often anymore. I was online for a while this weekend, rest of this week will be difficult. maybe in the weekend or later

Posted by: XuuL ()
Date: September 05, 2010 07:00AM

@LNO: either we play today or in 3 weeks.. im on vacation the next weeks

Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: September 05, 2010 11:25AM

Oh.. Since we didn't play today, we have to play when you come home

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.