Gamers' Lounge :  Conqueror! Forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
---results 2 vs 2---
Posted by: empError ()
Date: April 16, 2009 02:10PM

Let's also report some 2 vs 2s then:

Just played:
Wales (nen) vs Lithuania (emp)
&
Grenada (valgala) vs Nicaea (l4g)

At the start I thought we would have an easy game, as valg was new to team games, and his cap went 50 dev. Also, my expansion was much faster than nen's. However, things turned around slowly, and nen slowly drove me out of Germany while growing his pop over mine. l4g was also pushed back, so we had to concede. Quite an interesting battle, though.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ---results 2 vs 2---
Date: April 16, 2009 02:15PM

And a game last weekend:

Grenada (LNO) vs Nicaea (emp)
&
Ulster (Hubert) vs Lithuania (dannyray)

Good battle, for a long time things seemed matched. Slowly LNO got the advantage by increasing pop till over 80k per land. In the north, however, danny beat Hubert, and west had to concede.

Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: April 16, 2009 02:52PM

Still wanna get a rematch with better start to Hubert ;)

Posted by: DirtyHarry ()
Date: April 18, 2009 03:51PM

Lancelot (Ulster) and Jenny (Grenada)
vs
Master (Podolia) and Me(DirtyHarry) (Cyprus)

Good early pressure from lance against a fort in Rhineland, but master won it back, and had the luck in scandinavia. Down south I was a bit behind cause of my position, but I caught up, and then the game was decided. Master and I won. Good fight between friends is always fun.

Posted by: Adriano ()
Date: April 21, 2009 09:16AM

Comnenus (Podolia) & Agrippina/Aida (Nicaea) vs Me (Ulster) & Chr1sbean (Aquitaine)

Aida leaves in turn 7 whining that Comnenus is a noob.

Couldn't help but lmao :)

Date: April 25, 2009 12:51PM

Ulster (Oz) vs Trans (empError)
&
Aquitaine (Xuul) vs Nicaea (yarl_Igor)

good match for a long time, but around turn 40 west got the better of the game. In turn 53 Trans fell. It seemed like yarl_Igor still didn't want to concede, but eastern defeat was clear.

Date: April 29, 2009 01:50PM

Ulster (LNO) vs Prussia (empError)
&
Aragon (neo) vs Nicaea (Agrippa/Slumdog)

I had a bad start, which was probably the reason Agrippa left very soon. Quite soon, west had a huge advantage, and east conceded

Date: May 03, 2009 04:37PM

One 2 vs 2 I remember vividly from months ago:

King_Kent (Ulster) vs ncklol (Transylvania)
&
FlashGordon (Aquitaine) vs empError (Nicaea)

This game lasted for ages. I think we passed turn 80, before west conceded. But progress for east was very, very slow. Had we played until a cap fell, we would have been playing all night (and I believe we played until 3 at night, European time)

I had a tremendous start, but this was annihilated when I lost a fort in Rome to Flash, and for at least 10 turns I tried to get it back, gambling on first turn, but every time Flash was first, shattering my troops. After that, it seemed I would have to slowly retreat, but ncklol was winning over Kent, and spent some huge forces on Flash, eventually getting me back in the saddle. Even then, Flash managed to cut some 30 armies off, and I realised that progress in central Europe would be slow. Instead I made a slow progress in Africa, up till Spain, while ncklol pushed Kent out of Germany. At this point, it was clear that east would win eventually, and west conceded.

Date: May 03, 2009 04:46PM

And I remember another one:

Ulster (Master) vs. Lithuania (King_Kent)
&
Aquitaine (empError) vs. neo (Greece)

Here, at some point, neo started to get the better of the war down south, taking control of Rome, and threatening the rest of Italy. At the same time, however, Kent got into trouble vs. Master. Neo came to the rescue, by sending large armies into Germany, but this enabled me to push neo out of Italy. It already became clear that east was losing, but when I got Macedonia and Bulgaria in winter, I cut off many (I think about 90) of neo's armies, ending the game.

Posted by: Master ()
Date: May 04, 2009 04:33PM

Title: Forts.

Players: Harry (Grenada), Master (Ulster) vs. Squeegie (Lithuania), Osetsky (Crete).
I told Osetsky that the map was unfair for E because of the terrible position Crete, but he insisted.

Everybody had a decent start, but after a few turns it was obvious that I did not stand a chance in N. I was locked up in UK because of a fort + 4 armies in Holland and 6 armies in Flanders and Normandy and Poland was +2. So I asked Harry to fight Squeegie until I could take Holland. Provence was +2 dev and Lux was +1 dev so it was not a problem. Osetsky had a lot of forts around him as well, but Napoli was +2 and Syria was +2 dev so he was okay.
Harry fought Squeegie and Osetsky in central EU while I fought Squeegie in Scandinavia. Norway (me) and Finland (Squeegie) had forts though so we did not get anywhere. Team E used the advantage of a 2vs1 well. Osetsky put a massive pressure on Tunis and Squeegie did some nice moves and got the fort in Austria.
After a while Northumberland finely became 70 +1 advance and I was ready to engage Squeegie in central EU. Harry left the fort in Sax which he had wisely taken and I took it while buying fast culture 3 in Holland. Squeegie had managed to build a lot of high level countries so he kept putting a decent pressure on Harry which was very successful because he had the fort in Austria. Osetsky had also managed to make a lot of his countries culture 3 so at this point Team W was in trouble. Harry kept fighting 2 while I finely got most of my countries culture 3.
At turn 50 the game changed. Harry made a good move and took a lot of countries in Africa which set Osetsky back for while. I had finely stabilized my empire and Squeegie no longer had the advantage. I was not able to break through yet though because of forts in Brandenburg and Bohemia. At turn 60 Squeegie could no longer withstand the pressure from Harry and me and he lost the forts in Finland, Bohemia and Brandenburg. Lithuania fell at turn 70.

Great game. One of the best games I have played in a long time. Well played Team E.

70 Turns. Winner: team W.

Posted by: DirtyHarry ()
Date: May 05, 2009 07:33PM

Denmark vs Germany!

2 - 0

1st match - Grenada(Xuul) Ulster(oz) vs Muscovy(DirtyHarry) Nicaea (Master)

I made a early pressure against oz and the game ended fast. the rematch was going to be much more interesting.

2nd match - Castile (master) Ulster (DirtyHarry vs Lithuania (oz) Nicaea (XuuL)

The second game was opposite the first. My start from Ulster was horrible, everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. Strong communication with master saved the day. He made a early attempt to meet oz in the central and took a fort in saxony. XuuL grow strong fast, and I had to take over which I did while taking another fort in hanover as well. In north I had lost scandinavia, and a important +2 in sweden, so it didnt look good. Master had saved my ass, but I was still behind, and the fighting in the south looked like a equal fight. So pressure was on, if we had to win it. However I began a massive pressure against oz, and some good moves in scandinavia while holding the central forts in eu, gave me the leading position. Oz chose to raise pop in what looked like an attempt to compensate for lost ground, I used the opportunity, and pushed forward taking poland, finland, and hungary, and then the advantage for me was complete. south was still break even. Master fought bravely, but had lost a lot in the start when he had to face oz as weel. After 50-55 turns Oz was on the verge of total collapse, so oz and xuul chose to concede.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2009 07:37PM by DirtyHarry.

Date: May 07, 2009 05:13PM

Another I recall from months ago:

Ulster (Master) vs Lithuania (PimpsterX)
&
Tangiers (DirtyHarry) vs Nicaea (empError)

Stronger lands for the eastern teams, to match the difference in quality of players. Both master and Harry had rough starts, and I quickly got hold of a fort in Tunis.

Very early on, before turn 20, west conceded.

Not a great game, and we had a lot of luck, but for me it was important to know we could beat these guys: We all know master's skill, and Harry had given me some serious beatings before (I recall losing with Saxony vs. Corsica twice in a row, and shortly before that I even lost from Spain vs. UK (probably Ulster).

Date: May 07, 2009 08:25PM

A new one:

Ulster (DirtyHarry) vs Podolia (empError)
&
Aquitaine (Master) vs SnoopDawg (Nicaea)

Nice battle, with Master developing ahead of the rest. I could contain Harry from my marvelous spot, but Master was unstoppable. East conceded turn 51-53.

Posted by: : ()
Date: May 08, 2009 07:56PM

Finally a victory!

Ulster (Master) and Aragon (DirtyHarry) vs Me (Lithuania) and XuuL (Nicaea)

Great battle with a little advantage to east. XuuL kept getting stronger and afer awhile west conceded, i forgot what turn haha :P Like 40-50

Date: May 11, 2009 12:47PM

Northumberland (emperror) vs Lithuania (osetsky)
&
Grenada (jbf) vs Greece (dannyray)

many developed lands on osetsky's side, but everyone except me seemed to have a rough start, especially jbf. As soon as east and west collided, west seemed the weaker party. We carried on until about turn 30 I think, then west conceeded.

Posted by: Scum ()
Date: May 15, 2009 02:04PM

England (IzzleKizzle) vs. Muscovy (IceQueen)
&
Grenada (Scum) vs. Macedonia (neo)

neo put a great rush on IzzleKizzle which I couldn't get to stop fast enough. Icequeen built nicely during that period and pushed IzzleKizzle back. I was ahead of neo for a little while by the time I got to him. IzzleKizzle had to go and Hubert replaced, but we only played 10 or so turns.

I would say it ended around turn 30-40. Didn't pay attention. West conceded.

Date: May 16, 2009 04:08PM

Brittany (kalle) vs. Trans (yason)
&
Tunis (Paars) vs. Nicaea (empError)

yason's start was much better than kalle's, and I moved up to Sicilia, threatening Tunis.

West conceded turn 14, preferring a new game.

Date: May 16, 2009 05:35PM

Ulster (empError) vs. Muscovy (Agrippina)
&
Aquitaine (kalle) vs. Nicaea (Paars)

I had a fast expansion towards Germany. Paars quickly got the better of kalle. Agrippina pushed me out of Germany, making it clear that west could not win. Turn 38 west conceded.

Date: May 18, 2009 06:02PM

Ulster (Squeegie) vs. Muscovy (Master)
&
Grenada (empError) vs. Greece (DirtyHarry)

East had better starts than west. There was talk about stopping around turn 20 already, I think. I wanted to give war a chance, so we continued until turn 50. Then it was clear that west couldn't win, with Germany and Italy in eastern hands. So west conceded.

Posted by: Master ()
Date: May 18, 2009 07:08PM

I think it was turn 40 and it was Northumberland, Nic and Muscovy
Small details.

Pages: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.