Gamers' Lounge :  forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: New Conquerorgame Version(Clone)+People that want to learn Programming(JAVA)
Posted by: Paars ()
Date: October 29, 2010 03:27PM

Haha, Hst. Very nice. Programming experience even a little. Is only the better. :), still without that wouldn't have been a problem. I will just threat you like a Java-learning-wannabe person too. :D. If you don't feel right about it later on whatsover, once again, That's NP if you decide to drop out. No hard feelings.

And yes, I drank quite some beer now. :)

Paars

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Conquerorgame Version(Clone)+People that want to learn Programming(JAVA)
Posted by: Sovereign ()
Date: November 26, 2010 04:33PM

Wait a second, I know Java. I hate Java, but that's because four years of Computer Science courses will do that to you. And I love Conqueror! But I would love an updated version even more! I don't know how much time I'll have to consistently dedicate to this, but until I'm gainfully employed I should be able to significantly contribute, as long I'm not too late to the party and this project is still going on as planned.

Date: November 28, 2010 08:32AM

Still hapening yes.:) But I had a bunch of delay I will try to continue later on tonight with this, else, tomorrow. Sligthly tired from working all day.

Posted by: MPehrsson ()
Date: December 02, 2010 09:14PM

Awesome Awesome idea and initiative Paars.
If I can help with anything I will. Dont got any experience with programming or photoshop but I'm young and willing to learn (:

And if you cant find something specific for me I will gladly give my support in some other way. Testing is certain ofc.
Finding rough images that later can be altered by Rippe, finding maps and comin up with some ideas for the game that I can also try to help you with.

This 'learning how to program with java'-stuff I might be interested in but may not have the time or necessary skills to do so.. (:

Anyways... Keep it up ma man.

Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: December 03, 2010 04:07AM

MPehrsson, it doesn't require any skills to learn java. But time is needed, but if i have understood Paars, time isn't crucial, but instead you learn what you can on the time you have.

Date: December 03, 2010 04:49AM

That´s correct LNO. Cool to have you in MPehrsson.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Started new medication, finally got my first night good sleep in a long long time. Fresh energy, so soon can and will actively continue with this.

Paars

Date: December 04, 2010 04:56AM

Neatto. That will make things alot easier for me.
I will continue to check up on what you post on this, Paars.
Have already looked at some possible maps for the new game but I'm in doubt if they will work and still haven't found a proper example of how the map should look like. provinces and such.

But I was thinking asia.
-Russia and the northern part of asia.
-Asia that including mongolia, china, japan, all countries below china all the way down to the fillipines and what those islands down there are called.
Perhaps some of you have also thought about this and might be able to perfect it so it will be suited for the game. idk. (:

Date: December 04, 2010 11:32AM

MPehrsson, i think the first version will be over USA.

Date: December 05, 2010 03:59AM

But the game will be further developed later on by Paars or whoever is up for the challenge.?
So other maps might be implemented there. I know that adding alot of maps already will only delay the completion of the game and make it more difficult for the creator(s) so I was just comin up with ideas. Didn't say when or if they should be used.

Date: December 05, 2010 10:09AM

No no :) Ideas are welcome. Was merely for informing you of the talk so far, if you have missed it :)

Date: December 05, 2010 07:00PM

np. (:

Posted by: live4games ()
Date: December 16, 2010 11:01PM

im only learning lua. sounds nice a new conq game. i just miss the map editor to make some nice 3x3 maps

Posted by: pokefan68 ()
Date: December 20, 2010 12:59AM

I'll be happy to test it and later help with programming(after I have my course in Java programming, only know VB, Jeroo, and Alice)

Also some things that I think could be added into the game would be having a functional observe button in the lobby, possibly making a realtime version for people who want a faster paced game(look at Europa Universalis 3 or Hearts of Iron 2 for general idea of what I'm talking about), a variety of military units, having terrain that affects the effectiveness of attacking and defending, and ability to do diplomacy. I know this seems a lot to ask for right off the bat but these are just ideas that I think you should consider.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2010 01:08AM by pokefan68.

Posted by: pokefan68 ()
Date: December 20, 2010 01:23AM

Here is a map of turkey with province names to help make a "Alexander the Great" map if anyone wants to make it.

[i243.photobucket.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2010 01:24AM by pokefan68.

Date: December 20, 2010 04:57AM

I see someones playing HOI 2 as Romania

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.