Gamers' Lounge :  forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Happy Conqueroring - except if you are jewish :-(
Posted by: Akiran ()
Date: January 27, 2011 05:57PM

one of my best friends is a russian jew

M-K

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Paars ()
Date: January 28, 2011 12:42AM

one of my friends is jew and I make fun of him cuz of that BIG time, he doesn't mind.

Don, you shouldn't be bothered to much by such comments, cuz its all over the net,it can't be avoided.

And Best should know better then that, talk to him about him and explain it can be hurtful.

Posted by: DonDK ()
Date: January 28, 2011 01:04AM

So moral of conqueror - antisemitism is acceptable and if we don't agree on that, then we should close our eyes to it.

Also why even concentrate on antisemitism when others die in the industry fx? And whats the point even, when we are all hypocrites?

Many good excuses, that for the conqueror community seems to legitimate antisemitic language.

I dont think this game or community is something for me, so I will say farewell.

Don signing out

bye.

(ps. that antisemitism is all over the net, so I shouldn't be bothered is by far the worst reason ive seen so far - almost scary that people have such an approach to things)

Date: January 28, 2011 01:18AM

That's just the way things are, as I said it cannot be avoided. And no one said it's acceptable.

Posted by: Attila ()
Date: January 28, 2011 05:18AM

Don, I hope U reconsider that...

Posted by: -RIPPE- ()
Date: January 28, 2011 05:20AM

you are quite strange don, no one has made any antijewish commentary in this discussion, no one has legitimated racism or argued in that direction. so what do you expect? has best made any dumb comments in the lobby since then? is there anyone continuously spamming the lobby with racist bullshit while any moderator is online?

please dont get me wrong don, you are completely right in asking for awareness but what do you expect me to do? when i am online i treat everyone the same no matter if your name is master or newb, if you are a man or a woman. unlike xi i dont fear black people or arab backpackers. i am not jealous of rich people and feel pity for the poor sometimes and sometimes not. if you are an asshole i will not hesitate calling you an asshole. and if you are talking shit (in my oppinion) i will tell you so.

when some guy makes racistic or antisemitic comments i may say something but its also possible that i wont (not because i dont have an opinion, but because i maybe dont wanna discuss with some retard). if one continuously keeps spamming the lobby with this kinda shit its well possible that i will pm a moderator at a certain point and tell him to cut that crap.

it honors you that you are aware of these negativities in our society and also that you brought up this topic when it was neccesary in your opinion, but fact is that there is no way to completely wipe out this spirit as much as it is impossible to fight terrorism with wars or cure the cancer that is religion.

"moral of conqueror - antisemitism is acceptable" is a strange conclusion about what has been said before and really questions the way you are discussing this topic.

Posted by: MrScientist ()
Date: January 28, 2011 06:30AM

"moral of conqueror - antisemitism is acceptable"

this polarising remark has the potential to incite jew-hatred on a deeper level.
I don't feel a racist for not joining in a memorial march if somebody has said something on the internet.
We have mods and that should prevent these sort of things in future and i'm not joining in any further discussion on this. On a practical note, with master/xuul rarely playing it might be an idea to have more admins.

Posted by: -RIPPE- ()
Date: January 28, 2011 07:33AM

i dont see the need for more control. some guy says something antisemitic, another one posts a commentary in the forum, other people join the discussion. looks healthy to me.

Date: January 28, 2011 08:01AM

@Rippe: For me to see it is a bigger problem for you, that I bring up this topic, than people making antisemitic remarks. As late as yesterday Best stood by his antisemitic remarks, so I still think the topic is relevant.

When I draw the conclusion that this community accepts antisemitism it is because it is not willing to take any action towards it. People may or may not agree with the anti-semitic remarks, but they accept them being used in this community. Maybe this viewpoint questions the way I am discussing this subject, but I could also question your derailing of the topic with your BigMac story. Maybe people like me need "order" as you psychoanalyzed on me earlier - but does approaching the original topic like this - making a me feeling very little welcomed to debate here - make a better foundation for a discussion? maybe in your world, but not in mine.

Date: January 28, 2011 08:11AM

My action is telling you to talk to best about it, if he responses badly then other people could talk to him.
Don't be a selective reader.

But this goes for Best as he's also part of our community, but random retards who are not really part of community may be dicks, this cannot be stopped and this is the part where you should just not care about what random tards say. Rather let the mod's deal with those. And since they aren't that active these days, you should just ignore them, Cuz new idiots arrive each day.

Date: January 28, 2011 08:21AM

@Paars: First of all you first contribution to this thread was a joke to ridicule the topic. Second of all, if you cared to read the thread you might discover that I have already tried to explain him why it is not acceptable, but gotten a "go fuck yourself" as response. Is it me who are selective reader?

Maybe you don't care about what "random tards" say, but some do. So I choose to say no to that kind of anti-semitic behavior because allowing it is the same as accepting it.

Date: January 28, 2011 08:40AM

I'm sure by now some people have talked to best and probably he has adjusted his behaviour.

Though it may have seemed to you that I was riducling the topic. It was more of a post, that I have to often replied to such topics.
And I still stand by my point that anti-semitic comments will be said online, if there's no moderators, you can only but ignore them. Why even care what random unknown people say.

And we still do not tolerate it, but I won't waste my time as Rippe said too, on some retard.

Date: January 28, 2011 08:42AM

@Paars: Today I logged in while writing here on the forum, just to discover Best's newest invention. Instead of using his original name he had changed to "huffy" in order to mock me from the game. Yesterday he used that expression about me several times when I tried to explain him why anti-semitism wasn't okay, so it didnt take me long to find out who it was - checking the IP address 79.192.112.210 I quickly got confirmation on it was from Berlin, as expected - Best just happens to be from Germany too.

The conqueror community surely knows how to act. lol

You wont waste your time arguing with such retard, no, but you would happily play a game with him?

Date: January 28, 2011 08:48AM

Nah, if he keeps doing such childish behaviour I actually won't play with him.

Posted by: Master ()
Date: January 28, 2011 05:42PM

Ill look for that IP address when im online (79.192.112.210)

Posted by: Xi ()
Date: January 29, 2011 05:12AM

An old-fashioned witchhunt! Excellent! Can someone bring a pitchfork for me because I don't own one.

Seriously let's all stop being so jewvenile and start talking about punishment after some real proof is provided. Also speculating (and posting) IP addresses from people who might be from the same country yet could be someone completely innocent is very misguided indeed.

Posted by: Master ()
Date: January 29, 2011 06:12AM

I ofc have to see the racist comments first. Then I give him a warning, then mute him, then kick him and then in the end ban him.

Date: January 29, 2011 09:06AM

Shoot first! Ask questions later :D

Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: January 29, 2011 11:46AM

First of all, IP shouldn't be needed, i think we all know Best english skills, so if you needed IP, its NOT him

EDIT: I have also talked alot with Best about this, but he cant explain it in english apperently and said he would post on the forum, but it seems there is no post.

He doesn't seem to understand, and even offered a chance to get this case gone, but Best rejected that, (I dont know whether Adriano ment, but he should have taken the offer) and there not even i will try to even speak for his cause

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2011 11:52AM by LikeNoOthers.

Posted by: DirtyHarry ()
Date: January 30, 2011 08:38AM

No matter what, there is no excuse for using expressions like "Lying Jew".

Case should be sooo simple. A) Either apologize for the choice of language or B) Stand by what you said, and don't expect any sympathy or anyone want to play with you. And should you feel the need to use expressions like that again, I trust both Hallali, Master and Xuul to use the banhammer.

It is as simple.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2011 08:50AM by DirtyHarry.

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.