Gamers' Lounge :  forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Exclusivity
Posted by: frankandbean ()
Date: June 07, 2011 10:56AM

I am concerned on how exclusive team games have become. Today I entered the lobby at 1:15 and there was a 2v2 game open, when I asked the creator if the spots were filled he replied that he was waiting for two players who were in a 3v3. The 3v3 was only turn 18, and clearly not ending. Meanwhile there were 4 players in the lobby wanting to play. Now I understand the concept that you do not want someone who doesn’t know how to play to join a game, but the creator of this 2v2 was well aware of the ability of those wanting to play, having been beaten by them in the past (though I am sure he would say due to poor luck). 20 minutes went by while with no game! It was a blatant refusal to play with certain people (three different people wanted to join) I don’t think that this is the state of mind of the players at large, but I think as a community we need to be mindful of the atmosphere we choose to create, especially when so few people are playing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Exclusivity
Posted by: -RIPPE- ()
Date: June 07, 2011 11:20PM

start a new 2vs2 with the other 3 guys, problem solved.

Posted by: frankandbean ()
Date: June 08, 2011 01:43PM

there were only three of us...

Posted by: live4games ()
Date: June 09, 2011 11:18PM

if i create a 2v2 game then i decide who gets in and who not. i also dont join a game where people dont want me and i dont care why they dont want me. sorry but my opinion

Posted by: hallali ()
Date: June 10, 2011 08:39PM

If you dont want certain ppl to join a game create a private one.

Posted by: Akiran ()
Date: June 11, 2011 05:41PM

he isnt telling you to change just think that if you allow newer people to play then maybe wed have a bigger community but thats just my opinion also if you want me out of conqueror just say so jeesh.

M-K

Posted by: XuuL ()
Date: June 12, 2011 07:15AM

We live in a free world. Everyone can choose the players he like to play with.

A host has the right to fix rules and players he like to have in his game, especially after searching long time for a 2on2 map.

Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: June 14, 2011 01:37AM

Yes XuuL, thats why we damn need a kick button!

Posted by: Scum ()
Date: July 20, 2011 08:20AM

No, it is the reason we need to have option to set up equal maps.

I agree with the poster. Private games suck.

We need to have automatic game scenarios that are matched equally based on a ranking system. Exactly what every other successful game does.

This "exclusive club pass to get into a game" philosophy has never made a game well-known. Call of Duty 1 & 2 both had this type of a online system. You join a lobby, make a game with your own settings, and then everyone talks and decides who can be in, what the map will be, ect. Failed. Call of Duty Modern Warfare just automatically stuck you into a game with automatic settings. Instant action with equal opportunity for everyone. Win.

Game is turning into a dinosaur bone in the internet museum.

Date: July 22, 2011 07:34AM

we need a kick and a ban button, scum is right with this!
and this forum is so old style ahhhh my eyes

Date: July 23, 2011 02:05PM

No kick button, no ban button.

Date: July 28, 2011 10:54AM

when you host the game on your own server then you normally should be allowed to do everything. well atleast a kick button.
but dont worry there wont happen many changes in this game or im wrong

Date: August 06, 2011 03:05PM

"then you normally should be allowed to do everything"

Players are being banned for having an appearing racist name. You can not do everything. What you can do is leave if you don't like the game.

The game is too administered and not enough coded. Coding to make the players administrators of their own game is only adding to this problem.

Giving the option for players to restrict other players is not a good option.

Posted by: Akiran ()
Date: August 11, 2011 10:31AM

banning and kicking would not only give one player the option it would also give a lot of players power they should not have

M-K

Date: August 27, 2011 12:05PM

atleast at the start, when you can pick your capital, the hoster should be able to kick a player if he doesnt want him on his server. in every game this is possible and its nice so good players can kick noobs and beginners can kick experienced players. works on every game very well and everybody is happy

Date: August 31, 2011 06:59PM

Every game .... please define every game because I have only played one game in the last year that allows the host to kick people. In fact, that game didn't allow the host to, it was on a voting system for everyone. One person put them up for vote and then the rest would say Nay or Yay.

Even that would ruin the game at times because you would be playing, get into a lobby that was a "clan" and they would vote you out because you weren't in their clan.

Sure makes it cool if you're in the "in" crowd. Not so cool if you're not.

Date: September 01, 2011 11:43PM

lol i really dont need to define "every game"
just go into the next gameshop.
buy a game with a multiplayer(99% of the games have a multiplayer in your shop)
host a online game.
now kick all the players who join your server

seriously if you play just conq then im sure you dont know what i mean.

Date: September 05, 2011 05:11PM

Madden '12, and all previous years. All Call of Duty's. Both Battlefield's. Last two years of NCAA. MAG (This is the one with a voting system to kick people). On PSN.

On the PC, TripleA, Medieval PPBEM, Perfect World (a free WoW basically), and Uncharted Waters (a pirate game).

Point being: Not "every game" has the gay option.

I enjoy games that do not have the option to kick people MUCH more than to play games with that option. That is my opinion, and I do play more games than conqueror and I have played games for long enough I know what the feature is you are talking about and have experienced it.

Date: September 06, 2011 09:32AM

oh yeah sport games ofcourse but in future this will be in mostly everyserver.
thx to steam, gfwl and co.

Date: September 06, 2011 07:47PM

Call of Duty had the option to kick people. So have multiple other games and have removed it.

My brother who developed games at AI in Seattle (a prestigious gaming university) puts it as "No, that option sucks because you get some gay ass 12 year old saying "kick that guy, kick that guy" and then everyone fucking listens to him"

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.