Gamers' Lounge :  Conqueror! Forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
CT2011 - Information/Questions
Posted by: Paars ()
Date: June 12, 2011 02:58AM

The same as in previous years the Conquerors will be randomly picked and be put on a schedule.

The players themselves may agree on which game and turn timer they want. In the strangest case this is a problem, the game timer will be 180 minuts a game with 1:45 as turntimer.

Preferably every match should have a judge. Although it is allowed to play without one.
The judge should have an unregistered name to avoid whispering.

The judge may decide the outcome of the game when for example the game crashes. Either a victory to one side or a restart.

Winning conditions:
1. Annihilating the enemy completely
2. The enemy concedes
3. In case of a timer and it runs out the highest score will win.
4. Crash of a game and the judge selects a winner.

Post any other CT2011 related questions in this topic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CT2011 - Information/Questions
Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: June 14, 2011 09:50PM

Now i have played in almost all CTs, and i have experienced too many ppl joining CT, but not showing up for the games. May i suggest a "Hookup thread", which everyone follow? Or something like that (since that particular idea will mean lots of mails for everyone.)

Date: June 14, 2011 11:07PM

I've also thought about that problem, don't have the solution yet. I thought about a topic where everyone posts their emailaccount (in a secure way) but, most likely not everyone wants to give their active emailaccount, which is understandable.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2011 11:16PM by Paars.

Posted by: frankandbean ()
Date: June 15, 2011 04:11PM

I dont know how many people are involved in some form of social networking but that could be a possibility?

Posted by: Sovereign ()
Date: June 16, 2011 04:59PM

I'm totally into Starcraft right now, so that is what motivates this question, but is there anyway we could podcast these games? Maybe schedule the rounds so that most games play at the same time, then the refs of those games broadcast the footage from within while two people give some color commentary on the round as it happens.

Posted by: -RIPPE- ()
Date: June 17, 2011 12:27PM

some neat vids would be nice...

Date: June 17, 2011 05:31PM

It's not possible to plan most games at the same time sov, although the idea is nice.

That vid thing is a nice option though, I used to have a handy tool for that but forgot the name, maybe's it's called framewrap. Anyway there's a lot of programs like that out there.

Posted by: Sovereign ()
Date: June 18, 2011 03:35PM

A podcast is something I've always wanted to do and the Conqueror tournament is a perfect excuse for me to do it. I'll do some research and experimenting in the weeks leading up to the tournament and maybe if the feedback is positive we can work something out and convince a few people to cast their games simultaneously. Even if it doesn't take off I think it would be great to do for the championship.

Date: June 19, 2011 05:57PM

Well, it is a horrible idea! Nah just kidding, great idea actually. But still to get multiple people playing at a time will be tough.

But my guess would be you have most chance of succeeding getting them to play at a sunday. Planned on a certain time that the time diffrence between players is not really an issue.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.