Gamers' Lounge :  Conqueror! Forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
More players
Posted by: Abu ()
Date: July 20, 2011 08:08AM

Hello, each time I go online, it's like there are only 2 people playing, or either it's completely empty, I been checking each week for a long time, and no one plays.

Wouldn't it be time for a little advertising?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More players
Posted by: live4games ()
Date: July 22, 2011 01:33PM

there are many players playing this game

Posted by: Scum ()
Date: July 23, 2011 08:07PM

There are NOT many players playing this game.

Yes, advertising would be a great idea. Except all funds come from the owners own pockets, so it isn't reasonable for them to put money into a non-profitable game. Which means ... *drum roll for what jynXXX has been saying for 5 years* ... we need perks for donations so people are encouraged to pay to play a free game.

Posted by: live4games ()
Date: July 28, 2011 04:49PM

sure there are many.
i always tell friends about this game. some like it, some not and some stop it after they hacked it.
look im pretty happy with this situation here. the most are mature and cool. you want to get more players? 90% of the gaming nation are kids. you want them? then remake the instructions, design and maybe a new forum?
come on, somebody coded this forum after the big bang. no, just a joke, but you could try to add some nice features.. with more kids we get more hackers. oh and just a info. its easy to hack.. but.. like paars said, you need to host the game.
does anybody know how many people out there pay for the game risk(risk:simple game. kids love it)? conqueror is a money maker no doubt, it just needs to get more attention by the creators.

Posted by: Perfect ()
Date: August 04, 2011 11:18PM

Hi.

I used to play quite a bit. For years actually. Still lurk occasionally to see whats going on. Every time I log though....you guessed it. 4 people on, 1 in a private game and the other 3 just sitting there.

Does anyone know what times of day a lot of people log on to play?

These days most are private matches...Dont know what I'm getting at...except that I thought I would return to a thriving community...(because this game is pretty damn awesome)...suppose I'm a bit disappointed..

Posted by: Scum ()
Date: August 06, 2011 09:18PM

We are seeing less and less new people. It is a problem.

It isn't thriving because it doesn't make enough money to put enough energy to compete in the online gaming community.

I have seen this plenty of times before. The game doesn't lose many players because the ones still around will be around long as they have time to play games. Only thing is, the game doesn't ever get new players. The site stops getting enough traffic. The site has to start being paid for by the owner, instead of it paying for itself with advertisements. Then one day you come on and the server is down. Way the first online game I ever played went down. Loved the game, never stopped playing it, but at the end only 4 people were online the majority of the time.

Posted by: XuuL ()
Date: August 09, 2011 12:51PM

Dont worry folks, players come and go since many years now... there are ups and downs, especially in summer.

The game develops slowly but it still does. Im not sure when we can add some new features or even a new map, but it will come for sure.

The major problem is time. Alexey and me dont have much, but we are still investing some.

Posted by: Akiran ()
Date: August 11, 2011 04:35PM

we can individually invite friends as l4g said im 1 year away from college and most of my friends are mature some like it but i havent seen them on for quite some time this game needs strategy game professionals and ive got the friends for that let me see what i can do

M-K

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.