Re: Your opinion: Satisfied, "Meh" or Moving on?
Posted by: XuuL ()
Date: April 02, 2015 12:07AM

And i thought its an april joke :)

Whats the problem in telling us that you feel personally insulted by the new map? We can just change it, lets say, extend scotland to paris?

Really, this is a game and no map is correct. If i would have drawn correct borders, the map wouldnt work for conqueror. This map is somehow balanced 50 north vs 50 south and 50 east vs 50 west. I had to change many borders and also locations of lands to provide a good conqueror map. Just have a look at hungary (which was in fact much bigger that time), austria (a famous nation not on that map) or at sicilia (which never occupied tunis in history). I thought its just interesting to play it this way. BTW. In 1200, there was a principality called "Mann" which was located north of scotland. It does not appear on that map :)

I would really appreciate to stay relaxed and take this game as a game and play for having fun.

I am on vacations until may now. When i come back and we meet in lobby we can have a chat about it. If you can seriously convince me that this is a personal frustration for you... regarding that you play this game for so long time now... regarding that you are a nice guy... then i will extend scotlands border a little to south :)

Cheers
XuuL

Posted by: XuuL ()
Date: April 02, 2015 06:18AM

This topic engaged me all the day. I have to add some words:

Nationalism is bad, in every form. It had its good aspects in overcoming monarchs, but thats like 200 years ago. You cannot be proud of something you did not achieve on your own. Being proud to be born in a particular nation is just stupid and primitive. So called "civil nationalists" is just crap, its wolves in sheep's clothing.

If you had asked the nazis in hitler germany, 90% of them would have seen themselves as civil nationalist. It is a dangerous mindset where radicalism, hatred and war seeds in.

If someone wants to satisfy nationalist desires, conqueror is the wrong game. I will not change any borders on a fictional game map just because someone feels upset. Sorry to say it clearly. This is ridiculous and childish. Instead i will invest my spare time to add new cool features.

Cheers
XuuL

Posted by: Squeegie ()
Date: April 05, 2015 02:35PM

Without stepping into a nationalism debate, I'll comment:

-I'm glad you're not changing the borders - that's a silly request.
-Since you're not set on realistic maps, try something very different... such as a plain ol' hexagon (or even more corners) map where every corner looks exactly the same. Ideally this map would be custom scaleable (ranging from about 40-120 lands).

Trying to make a realistic map even for all players is a losing battle. I don't think realistic maps are a big selling point to this game - it's just a great game regardless of realism.

Posted by: Attila ()
Date: April 19, 2015 04:30AM

Read my verdict.... here [www.conquerorgame.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.