Whatsapp Messenger - Tired of coming on and novones on?
Posted by: Lulu ()
Date: May 25, 2015 02:31PM

Would you guys be interested in starting a Conquer players group chat, so we know when we have players online. A lot of time especially for us Eastern/Central/Pacific Time people we come and there's noone so we leave. Then someone else comes on and leave never being able to get quite enough because of impatience. But if we had a messenger we could just say in the chat, hey guys need +2 or +1 for 3vs3 or 2vs2 and if you're free and are down it'll make it a lot easier to match up. If there's enough support ill make the chat.Thanks.

Re: Whatsapp Messenger - Tired of coming on and novones on?
Posted by: XuuL ()
Date: June 25, 2015 10:35PM

Hi Lulu,

this is a great idea. Please go ahead and ping me when you need help.

This forum is not so much frequented, so i would suggest to announce the chat directly in the game lobby. If you give me the infos, i will make an update.

Cheers
XuuL

Posted by: Fenix ()
Date: June 27, 2015 04:24AM

I think it's a great idea and am all for it. Good way to keep in touch and organize team games compared to hoping someone shows up. Nice idea Lulu :) I can imagine the possibility of organizing weekly games based on availability or something like pre-made teams based on schedule/timezone.

Posted by: Lulu ()
Date: July 05, 2015 04:50AM

Hey guys i decided to use Kik messenger instead of whatsapp due to the feature that you can use your own username instead of having to use a phone number. My name is "Zeref_Z" in the chat. Add me and send me a message and I'll add you to the conquer group.

Date: July 08, 2015 01:58PM

So to recap:

- Go to Google Playstore or iTunes and install "Kik" (Messenger)
- You'll have an option to "Register" or "Login" to existing account as usual
- Click "Register" if you haven't used Kik before
- Fill in your "First & Last Name" which you'll be identified as, "Kik Username" which you use to login and will show up under your real name, "Email", "Password" for logging in ofc and "Birthday"

- You'll be asked to verify a few pics with CAPTCHA (an acronym for "Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart")
Note: Gratis had issues with this step because the pictures would not show up properly on his old phone)

(Optional) - Confirm your email address
(Optional) - Kik will prompt if you want to let it upload your Contacts and see which of them have Kik automatically, like Whatsapp

Once you're done with installing, click on the "Finder" symbol on the bottom-right, search for "Zeref_Z" or myself "Fenixr" and send a message. We'll add you to the group :)

Note: Kik is NOT compatible with PC or browser like Whatsapp (beware of fake sites), but you can install it on an PC Android Emulator like Bluestacks, for those of you who want to bother finding out how. [www.bluestacks.com]
Also, Kik does not have a contacts list. You'll only be able to keep track of people using a Chat Log, which only shows people you've chatted with before, and Group Chats.
Lastly, Kik has a feature called "Kik Browser" which is a stripped-down version that lets you share links or webpages you browse on Kik directly. I do not suggest you use this at all, it's just horrible.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2015 02:14PM by Fenix.

Date: July 09, 2015 10:19AM

Following a brief discussion we opted to switch and use "LINE" Messenger instead of Kik due to the latter having a really bad interface. Just found out you can't see sender names in Kik so you don't know who's saying what in the group :/ Please disregard my above post on how to get Kik. WE ARE NOW USING LINE MESSENGER FOR THE OFFICIAL CONQUEROR GROUP CHAT.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So here's where I'll break down the Registration process for LINE since it's a bit more complicated:

- Go to Google Playstore or iTunes, search for "LINE" and install "LINE: Free Calls & Messages" if you don't already have it
- You have to "Log in" or "Register" as usual
Note: You can Login to your LINE account using your "Email" & Password or your FB account credentials. If you "forgot your password", you can login with your phone number as well. Just attempt to register like normal with your number, and once it's verified you'll login to your account.

- You can choose to register your LINE account with your "Facebook" account OR your "mobile phone number".
- If you register with your "mobile phone number", LINE will send you a SMS verification code which is automatically detected and verified so you do no have to do anything.
- If you register with your "Facebook" account, a pop-up will appear where you login to your account. (it will then confirm if you want to share your FB details with LINE)

- Next step, LINE will ask you to add a "Display Name" and "Photo" which you'll be identified as.
- If you register with your "Facebook" account, you will be prompted to register your phone number, but you can decline.
- If you register with your "mobile phone number" you will be prompted to register an email and a password to login with, then be prompted to verify your email address with a code sent to it. You can do this later, if you wish. If you did not set up a LINE password, don't worry, you can login with your phone number.
- Lastly, you NEED to set a LINE ID which is how to find & add someone to your Friends list. You'll need to go ... > Settings > Profile > User ID > check the "Allow Others to add by ID". This is the main way to add someone on LINE, or you can send an email.

Note: LINE will prompt you to "Auto Add Friends" and "Allow Others to Add" if you register your "mobile phone number". I suggest you opt-out of them because they:
"By using your Contacts list all of your friends already using LINE will be automatically added to your Friends list" and "You will automatically be added onto the Friends list of any user who has your phone number saved on his/her device, regardless of whether you actually know the person or not".
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Congratz! You've succesfully registered on LINE. Now the following features are important and I thought I should describe them if you're not already used to them:
- LINE calls are FREE, do not require your phone number because they rely on your mobile data plan. There are LINE PREMIUM calls too, which is the same as calling normally but with LINE and is charged to your carrier. Your phone number is never shown through LINE.
- Your FB account is never disclosed, it is only used to Login. Registering with your FB account is the only way for LINE not to record your phone number.
- There is no need to enter your real names in LINE. Your "Display Name" can be anything and people will identify with that.
- You have a timeline where you can post updates, pics, status, etc just like with Facebook.
- People find you using your LINE ID, and afterwards you're identified with your Display Name. But you need to set an ID for others to find you first.
- You get a wide range of cute and expressive stickers, emojis, etc :P
- You can set others as group moderators, mute people in the group, see who's typing and who's read the group, etc and is overall much more versatile than Kik.

If you can't get it to work there should be an answer on their FAQ: [help.line.me] (iOS) or [help.line.me] (Android)

Screenshots by order:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2015 10:23AM by Fenix.

Date: July 10, 2015 12:58PM

Oh right, for those who don't want to get too many notifications from the group once we have more members, you can just mute notifications specifically for it or entirely. You don't need to be active or participate actively, it's for keeping in touch, an alternative to the forums. :)

Screenshots in order:

Date: July 12, 2015 09:46AM

Thats great.. gonna join soon!

Date: July 13, 2015 08:51PM

To join the group you need to have an ID and give it to zeref or fenix.

Date: July 14, 2015 06:36PM

Really simplified instructions:

- Install LINE from Google Playstore or iTunes
- Go through the Registration process using your phone number or Facebook account
- Register a LINE ID by going to Settings > Profile > User ID
- Add friends by searching for "zeref_z" or "inxanity" LINE IDs.

Then we'll add you to the group :)

Date: July 30, 2015 05:44AM

Just wanted to remind everyone they should be able to use LINE. Just remembered someone was using Windows Phone and I wasn't sure if you could install it. you can use LINE on your PC, Windows Phone, Firefox OS, Chromebook, etc. Just go to the LINE website's download page and install whichever one you need. [line.me]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.