Gamers' Lounge :  forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Teamspeak 3 server for a new game experience
Posted by: ability ()
Date: May 23, 2016 07:50AM

hello guys and girls,

i was thinking of that a long time and finally i am able to offer you a channel on my ts3 server.

it could be a great possibility to communicate through teamspeak while playing. it wouldn't only fasten up a match it also could be an interesting improvment of teaming up and organizing the whole battle.

but there is one disadvantage. i only have 15 slots in my channel and at least 4 of them are used. so there cannot be more then 10 players online at a time. it would just be an offer for the matches.

ability

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Teamspeak 3 server for a new game experience
Posted by: Fenix ()
Date: May 23, 2016 08:30AM

I think this is a good idea. I doubt you would have to worry about limited slots as it would only be used during a team game and at most that would be 10 people for a 5vs5, which most likely won't happen since I don't think many players would be bothered to use it.

Posted by: ability ()
Date: May 23, 2016 08:51AM

i was thinking the same, there wouldn't be more than 10 people at a time. i would appreciate if the others would agree to try the voicecommunication.

for everyone that wants to try it out, here is the ip:

ts3-063.lan4play.de:11163

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2016 09:45AM by ability.

Posted by: Gratis ()
Date: August 21, 2016 03:56AM

I like this idea.

Posted by: Fenix ()
Date: January 01, 2017 04:48AM

Just giving my 2 cents, from my brief experience using the TS3 server during a game with ability ages ago. I think it takes too much effort to get everything set up, especially for those who do not have TeamSpeak installed.

The simplest and best solution I've encountered is to use Discord if you wish to have VoIP during a game. It's free, no registration required, no limits on number of people, and most importantly it's in-browser so no installation required.
Literally takes me 3 steps to create a new server with an alias.
You can create more than one server with chat permissions included and both normal and voice chat.

Despite this being as easy as it gets, I still do not think many players will use it unless XuuL integrates it into the game. Most players are casual and some play from work, so it's just not feasible to do unless there is a demand for voice chat during games. I do not see such demand or interest at this moment. An interesting idea for sure, but ultimately not a vital one.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2017 04:51AM by Fenix.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.