Conqueror: 2v2 Team Tournament Showdown!
Date: September 01, 2016 04:04PM
Greetings fellow Conquerors, it has been quite some time since the last tournament for Conqueror was organized but I still remember how long it dragged on before finishing - not with a bang but a whimper. So after discussing the idea with Zeref of a 2v2 tournament instead of 1v1, like the previous CT2013, I was intrigued and decided to try and host one since I was pretty active atm.
I’ve thought of some guidelines and rules I thought would help make the whole thing smoother and open for all to join. Hopefully this would let tournaments such as these happen more often.
- All interested parties should post and/or email their application form to join within a month of the tournament starts which includes their timezone, preferred team partner (within tournament roster), and contact details such as email or a LINE Messenger app.
- The timer for all games shall be 1:30, with no variations.
- The 2 maps that will be played shall be Europe 1000 AD (Old School): Wales vs Muscovy + Grenada vs Nicaea AND Rome AD (Standard): Belgica vs Colchidis + Tingitana vs Petraea with no variations.
- The winner will be decided by a point-based system. 2 points for a win, 1 point for draw/undecided games with caveats, 0 points for a loss, DC or time running out.
- When a game is decided, a player from either/both teams need to screenshot their respective positions for proof of win/loss.
- There will be 3 teams of 2 players each, 4 teams at maximum if we get enough applicants, that will play in round-robin format twice or once on Europe and Roma maps. The map choice will be decided by majority and if not, on random. The teams will be random as well.
- Should a player disconnect or encounter any problems that forces him to leave his team, the game will grant either 1 point to both teams if the game has gone for a respectable amount of time with agreement of both teams. If the game has just started the team may choose to find a rep, double, or play a rematch at another time with the penalty of only 1 point awarded for the inconvenience.
- If the player doubles, the points will also be doubled to 4 points for a win total.
- If the player finds a rep, he can choose to play as normal with 2 points for a win or play a 1v1 with his opponent only, with 1 point to either team if they both agree. Otherwise it’s play as normal for 2 points.
- If the player chooses to rematch at another time, only 1 point will be awarded for the rematch, but 2 points as normal for the enemy team.
- The teams shall be placed at random east or west on the map or chosen if preferred.
- The team with the highest points wins.
- Games will be set up to be played during the weekends, as much as possible.
Any other suggestions and feedback is appreciated! This is just a rough draft, so if you see any mistakes please let me know. If enough players are interested, then I’ll start it up. I will be hosting and so won’t be participating. If XuuL endorses it, he can put a link to this thread on the Game Lobby to advertise it more. Thanks for listening.