Gamers' Lounge :  forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Conqueror: 2v2 Team Tournament Showdown!
Posted by: Fenix ()
Date: September 01, 2016 10:04AM

Greetings fellow Conquerors, it has been quite some time since the last tournament for Conqueror was organized but I still remember how long it dragged on before finishing - not with a bang but a whimper. So after discussing the idea with Zeref of a 2v2 tournament instead of 1v1, like the previous CT2013, I was intrigued and decided to try and host one since I was pretty active atm.

I’ve thought of some guidelines and rules I thought would help make the whole thing smoother and open for all to join. Hopefully this would let tournaments such as these happen more often.

- All interested parties should post and/or email their application form to join within a month of the tournament starts which includes their timezone, preferred team partner (within tournament roster), and contact details such as email or a LINE Messenger app.

- The timer for all games shall be 1:30, with no variations.

- The 2 maps that will be played shall be Europe 1000 AD (Old School): Wales vs Muscovy + Grenada vs Nicaea AND Rome AD (Standard): Belgica vs Colchidis + Tingitana vs Petraea with no variations.

- The winner will be decided by a point-based system. 2 points for a win, 1 point for draw/undecided games with caveats, 0 points for a loss, DC or time running out.

- When a game is decided, a player from either/both teams need to screenshot their respective positions for proof of win/loss.

- There will be 3 teams of 2 players each, 4 teams at maximum if we get enough applicants, that will play in round-robin format twice or once on Europe and Roma maps. The map choice will be decided by majority and if not, on random. The teams will be random as well.

- Should a player disconnect or encounter any problems that forces him to leave his team, the game will grant either 1 point to both teams if the game has gone for a respectable amount of time with agreement of both teams. If the game has just started the team may choose to find a rep, double, or play a rematch at another time with the penalty of only 1 point awarded for the inconvenience.
- If the player doubles, the points will also be doubled to 4 points for a win total.
- If the player finds a rep, he can choose to play as normal with 2 points for a win or play a 1v1 with his opponent only, with 1 point to either team if they both agree. Otherwise it’s play as normal for 2 points.
- If the player chooses to rematch at another time, only 1 point will be awarded for the rematch, but 2 points as normal for the enemy team.

- The teams shall be placed at random east or west on the map or chosen if preferred.

- The team with the highest points wins.

- Games will be set up to be played during the weekends, as much as possible.

Any other suggestions and feedback is appreciated! This is just a rough draft, so if you see any mistakes please let me know. If enough players are interested, then I’ll start it up. I will be hosting and so won’t be participating. If XuuL endorses it, he can put a link to this thread on the Game Lobby to advertise it more. Thanks for listening.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Conqueror: 2v2 Team Tournament Showdown!
Posted by: Gratis ()
Date: September 02, 2016 08:50AM

I'm in! Taking partnership offers to sQueegie_eats_carrots (at) mail.ru

J/k, I can play with anyone. I'm on the group chat @LINE. Timezone EST +8, GMT +3.

EDIT: @ edited to (at)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2016 09:14AM by Gratis.

Posted by: Grrrr ()
Date: September 02, 2016 09:11AM

Count Grrrr in, if he can find a partner p

Posted by: Lulu ()
Date: September 05, 2016 10:46AM

I'm down, let's do it.

Posted by: jenny ()
Date: September 09, 2016 03:14PM

im in!! just need halalli to start playing again

Posted by: Gratis ()
Date: October 13, 2016 02:59AM

Anything new about this? :)

Posted by: Fenix ()
Date: December 31, 2016 09:21AM

Update: I'm hoping to revive this little project once I finish my guide. It'll be kept really simple; I obviously had too many ideas crammed into my first post that it became daunting, even to me. Anyways, a new year for a new tournament. I'm not sure if I'll have the time or if the players who previously expressed their interest would still join, but I wanted to express my thoughts.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.