Gamers' Lounge :  Conqueror! Forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
The Daily Planet
Posted by: Captain Planet ()
Date: October 25, 2006 04:27AM

Oh stp127 what are we going to do with this guy(Alexious). I find repeating myself annoying because I am sure other people get annoyed by it.

As I have on more than one occasion pointed this out in various forms or another my dear friend, you can understand my frustration at having to re-explain and reiterate continually again and again BUT, as you are a noob and, I did note from another post, you don't play against humans, I can fill you in on the little community we have.

Once, long ago, in the times of yore, when the grass was green and Captain Planet was a little nipper only knee-high, there was a game, it was called conqueror. The Planet came across this one day on his adventures through the glades of the world wide web and thought, "What an interesting concept! The Planet shall try this game and if one likes it one will master it and become the ruler of all that lies in his path!".

As The Planet grew and matured he gained skills and knowledge from every triumph and also every defeat. He often incorporated team tactics into his greater scheme with the foreknowledge that he will drive a knife into this young allies back when the necessary moment came. A bloodthirsty young power-hungry warrior with absolutely no morals until the days he began to come across the other regulars.

At this point The Planet was drilled on the so-called "Rules of War" by these so-called "Veterans". When The Planet chose his ideal candidate for an ally, being someone he could be gauranteed to dispose of easily when there was no longer any need for one, he began an assualt on someone. At this point the bloody UN committee decide I have broken the Geneva convention and organise a NATO force to take both of us out swiftly for our war crimes then dividing our nations equally.

I did not make these rules, I have been punished because I did not follow these rules, they follow these rules and will not ally with me against someone but on the occasion that they see the old Planet here is just better at this stupid development bullshit that everyone one loves to do for hours on end, they(the very same members of the bloody UN) throw the Geneva Convention out the bloody window of a 50 story building covered in petrol with a grenade attached to it and fuck me up.

Quite cathartic this old writing malarky. Maybe I should create a new post called The Daily Planet. In fact I will. This will be in both. Now that that's sorted back to the matter at hand.

By repeating myself again, something incredible has just dawned on me. These guys are basically a clan. They play as a team but don't team with others. I'll start a clan. It'll be called The Planeteers.
You can be one too.
Cos saving our Planet from these wretched losers is the thing to do.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Daily Planet
Date: October 25, 2006 04:30AM

READ ALL ABOUT IT! READ ALL ABOUT IT!

CAPTAIN PLANET TO OPEN TRAINING ACADEMY!

Snap them up. Entrance is free until 31st October. Still 4 places left. Well 5 if anyone wants to be heart but, come on, what the fuck was heart ever useful for?

Date: October 25, 2006 04:31AM

HEART TO TAKE THE PLANET TO THE HIGH COURTS FOR SLANDER!

Posted by: icadil1 ()
Date: October 25, 2006 06:02PM

have fun with this

Date: October 26, 2006 05:12AM

As Icadil1 began to type he realised the immensity of the task he was about to perform. He was about to type on Captain Planets forum. The intrepidity required for one man to perform such an action is huge or in other cases the raw primitive emotion takes over and they dive in head first but you have seen the miserable states of men that were left after these bouts.

When the realisation truly hit him Icadil1 trembled and and thought maybe it was best not to rile the sleeping dragon too much. So, acting swiftly, he pulled the most ambiguous line he could find out of his little sacks of lines and placed it with a look of glee onto the glorious pages of the Daily Planet hoping that The Planet would take no notice and possibly also hoping this would start a wave of such similar corruptions covering the fact that there is a little rebel in our midsts.

Finally, I ask one question of you Icadil1. Can you elaborate?

Date: October 28, 2006 05:08PM

RIPPE gets last word. All in shock as the mighty Planet was reported to say today that he can't compete with such an intellect. Could this be the end of existence as we know it? Will RIPPE's reign of terror ever be stopped? Who could compete with such a demon?

If you think your hard enough come join the planeteers and by your powers combined there is a small chance you could take out the omnipotent RIPPE.

P.S. must be conservational conscious. Remember it's you planet too!

Date: October 28, 2006 08:28PM

It was a mighty battle indeed fought here tonight witnessed by the Gods. I lost but I went down in a blaze of glory and hellfire. Rock on! Fill them in champ.

Posted by: Sovereign ()
Date: October 29, 2006 12:17AM

I treated it as the herald of my return to the Conqueror scene, it was an epic conflict with talents ranging from myself (Denmark) and Captain Planet (Corsica) to Stp127 (Muscovy), EmpError (Wales), LV_Welkin as Stalk (Leon), G (Lux?), NYO (Natalia?), and several others who I cannot remember, but who contributed to the final outcome in their own way. It started out exciting enough with me and Stp fighting for control of Finland that battle ended in stalemate with me concentrating on my small concentration of territories in northern Europe (only 9 or so) while Stp went south towards NYO. Captain Planet, using an alias, quickly struck an off guard G wiping him out of the game surprisingly quickly while EmpError and Stalk fought a protracted battle in France which eventually led to the Welshman's spectacular demise. Meanwhile, after NYO's death, a fierce battle erupted between Stp and Captain Planet seemingly to determine the fate of the map. After several harrowing back and forth volleys including a shock-wave error for each of them, Planet captured Muscovy sealing Stp's fate, although he would continue to serve severe blows and survive for the rest of the game. With Planet the victor and Stalk retiring it seemed this game was over, and in fact, it was. For the entirety of this time I was building up my territories until each was at least 150k, and my capital, a proud 250k. Southward I stuck, albeit with chaos preceding my moves. Stalk had left us (allowing me to take the UK) and another player took his place (sorry I can't remember your name, it began with a 'G', and you were really good, but I just forgot, sorry, I'll know it when I see it) launching an assault on the weakened Planet, by this time it was turn 98, and 3.5 hours into the game. However from my position of strength I swept down from the north and delivered a blow to each of them, 500 armies marched onto Corsica (not the largest amount in the game might I add) and soon after 300 captured Leon.

117 turns this game lasted, that is truly the most amazing part. I have never seen or heard about a game that lasted longer. And although it wasn't the greatest game that graced this server, it was epic, and a treat for all those who played and many who watched. Only one problem resulted, none of us know who NYO was and we would be benefited if we knew. It was a game for the ages, words, especially mine, don't do it justice. However it was the best possible way for me to make my return after a 2 month hiatus. Oh Conqueror, how I missed you so!

Date: October 29, 2006 01:05AM

It was Grantsfool who took over. He gave me some abuse later and was soon returned to his position of court jester in a 'planet' standard 2 year manoeuvre.

Posted by: stpI27 ()
Date: October 29, 2006 08:21AM

Ah what a game indeed. Please give me time to recoup from this one. Longest game I have played by far!

Posted by: stpI27 ()
Date: October 30, 2006 10:34AM

The game saturday night was epic. Not to take anything away from it a strange thing happened Sunday night. Soccer543, Archibald, and myself played a game till turn 135 before it froze. Quite a battle was had. After disposing of Archibald around turn 117 Soccer543 and myself battled till I made a major mistake. I took out his cap in the fall. He took out my cap in the winter. This is where the most strage thing happened. After capturing my cap and not having a cap of his own Soccer543 was able to keep all the gold! We continued to fight till the game froze. Quite a weekend! Hey capt please no comments on my spelling or writting! They both suck that is why I married a english major!

Posted by: Archibald ()
Date: October 30, 2006 03:01PM

I agree it was indeed an epic battle, one for the ages! However, i do think that I contributed a little more than just getting "disposed" of to this game! (As i did make it to turn 117). My capital was Morroco, I managed to force Zerozen out of the game (Capital Aragon) before turn 8, i then went on to build a solid foundation around Spain and North Africa! Stp127 and Soccer 543 were in very close proximity, (their capitals only 1 country apart) so they had a strong alliance throughout this game. When it got to the point with only the three off us left (after a few other players and Ai's) had been killed of, i was left looking at the mass of marroon and green that was Stp and Soccer543 repectively. I saw Stp moving his mass armies (350+) down form his capital (Rhineland i think) towards Tunis, natural i began building up men there awaiting his iminant arrival. He defeated the countries i owned in Italy with great ease. However, just when he moved in on Tunis, Soccer543 struck me from the north entering both Aragon and Castille at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (which i was not prepared for, probably ignornace on my part, thinking we were in a gentlemans game and Soccer543 would not attack whilst i was already at war with Stp. I do not begrudge Soccer543 attacking as there is no rules to state he can't and he was trying to eliminate a threat, I learnt my lesson the hard way) I was now fighting against two extremely strong armies, i had no chance!!!!! Being the noble player Stp is, he said "no 2 on 1". Unfortunalty Soccer 543 continued to advance and quickly had captured all of Spain, Stp however waited in Napoli, not wanting to attack aswell (which i am grateful for). However, he did work his way round the back of Africa, through Palistine and Egypt. These were not of geographical importance to me, however they were the countries that where making the money for me, so soon i was unable to fund the war against Soccer543, and eventually after a good few turns of holding him out of Tangiers, he broke through and took my capital with relative ease.

All in all though, it was an enjoyable game, and i hope to emulate it soon!

Posted by: NYO ()
Date: October 30, 2006 10:46PM

I really enjoyed the summary written by Sovereign. It was not my day that day, especially since Laudrep (?) decided to do battle with me early in the game. More often than not, early wars guarantee that neither of the combatants will emerge the game victor. Those who have played with me be4 know that I am usually better than what I was.

In the meantime, why is everybody treating me like an unknown? NYO has been playing for several weeks now. NYO is me!

Date: October 31, 2006 05:40AM

Sounds like a mighty battle indeed. Sorry I missed it and I am sad to say I will not be around for a while, as I am moving flat and God knows when the new place will have an internet connection. From an old soviet block flat to the flat of dreams above a rock club. Muhahahahaha! My problem, of procuring alcohol in the evenings without getting lost on the way home, has been solved. "Alcoholism! I embrace you with open arms my old friend"

So when I get heating sorted and internet we will meet again.

Early wars NYO! In that straight line african scenario they are a bloody nightmare. Got to get out on the open field, dude!

I may be able to keep up-to-date with the forums once in a while. Later!

Posted by: G ()
Date: November 07, 2006 02:09PM

Awsome... Great thread.
Keep up the good work....

I will look forward to meeting on the field of battle. Let's hope it's not an alias type of day.

Date: December 06, 2006 11:04AM

'The Planet' is on a break. I haven't had a chance to play. So, there isn't much to report but feel free to update the thread with any tales of glory and grandeur!

Piece out???

BLITZKRIEG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: January 07, 2007 04:52PM

READ ALL ABOUT IT READ ALL ABOUT IT

THE PLANET IS BACK!!!!!!!!!4444

A PC with internetworking capabilities has been obtained meaning your favourite playmate can be on giving abuse on a regular basis.

In other news today the 'Losers' thread becomes most popular thread.

Posted by: jynx ()
Date: January 13, 2007 01:00AM

Hey, thought you were gonna make a crew?

Date: January 23, 2007 06:12AM

Fancy joining it? You can be Earth, Fire, Water or wind.

Date: January 27, 2007 11:43PM

THERE'S A BOUNTY OUT ON JUSTICEMAN

Within the last 12 hours Xuul has put a bounty out on JusticeMan's head for delivering excessive amounts of justice.

It started out with a nice select bunch of players for what was to be a fine game. JusticeMan was positioned in Roma, Xuul in IleDeFrance, Derkaiser in Saxony, Wintersomething in Greece, Fraser in Transylvania, Rippe in Lithuania, this new guy in Wales and another one in Cyrenaica.

So, JusticeMan in all his infinite wisdom decided to spread north and upon realising his proximity to Xuul thought he would burn off his troops in Provence and Burgundy at Winter. Inevitably this led to war. Xuul at this point had no resources to fund this war.

In the end JusticeMan wielded his mighty Sceptre of Justice and spread truth and harmony throughout the French region. Ousting that terrible dictator and bringing forth liberty and truth.

JUSTICE PREVAILED

Who is this mighty JusticeMan? Where did he come from? Will he ever be stopped?

In other news today.

A young scallywag called Scanner was abusing players.
G was defeated in 3 turns by myself under alias.
The usual amount of 2v1 and other such disputes.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.