Gamers' Lounge :  forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11
Re: Conqueror Ladder System
Posted by: Master ()
Date: May 20, 2008 04:25AM

I think we should try to start it again after the tournament.
And I will help update it if enough people is up for it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: -RIPPE- ()
Date: May 20, 2008 01:27PM

just read all posts in this thread, from start off, and you will see why this ladder is a sad acephalopodius.

"Re: Conqueror Ladder System
Posted by: Captain Planet ()
Date: February 13, 2008 11:12AM

Wish you all the best boys!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2008 01:28PM by -RIPPE-.

Posted by: Godess ()
Date: May 20, 2008 02:25PM

haha I just red the first two pages and the last :D
takes time to read it all ;p

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2008 02:26PM by Godess.

Posted by: Godess ()
Date: May 20, 2008 02:30PM

haha I just looked it through,I guess I joined the no-life club... :p

ok I will now limit myself from playing only 3 games every week, I have to get out more, now that I am done with my master :D

Posted by: jynx ()
Date: May 23, 2008 04:00AM

Godess Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> haha I just looked it through,I guess I joined the
> no-life club... :p
>
> ok I will now limit myself from playing only 3
> games every week, I have to get out more, now that
> I am done with my master :D

Noone who plays has a life at the time that they are playing.

Posted by: jenny ()
Date: January 05, 2012 04:53PM

this is really funny.... these games were one of the first I played, i remember just advancing my cap and thinking then I would be unbeatable, and then being completely confused when hmmm or some other decent player walked all over me. Across the board i Think players have improved a lot in this game

Posted by: Attila ()
Date: January 05, 2012 07:00PM

i don't know what's more confusing, u answering to a thread that's been dead for 4 years or me getting an email notification and actually reading and responding.

Posted by: jenny ()
Date: January 06, 2012 11:37AM

haha... myopia linked it from a more recent post and I was procrastinating on work....

Posted by: Scum ()
Date: March 15, 2012 04:50PM

These were also some of the most active times during Conqueror. I haven't been on, but from everything I see neither have many other people. Maybe I should log in to the actual game to confirm ... but that is a waste of time.

The game took a big turn awhile ago with active players wanting their status as a great player to improve over wanting to have fun. I blame it a little on the gaming community as a whole, including myself. With it came less want to help eachother, and with a small game like this that is vital to it's survival. The tight-knit community became a secret club ... that noone cared about to be honest.

RIPPE made this Ladder better with the championship, but the ladder should've never stopped. Paars made the new players better with his manual, but it eventually served as a "read this because you're dumb" reference. 3v3 made group games fun, but became exclusive to vets. 1v1 created the needed competition in a game, but became time-consuming, dull, and unconclusive due to luck.

I guess it is appropriate I say good-bye to Conqueror in the topic I started long ago. The first topic I found to be a true success. A group project between the community and myself. A reason I kept coming back. Long since dead now.

Good-bye Conqueror!

Posted by: Attila ()
Date: March 17, 2012 05:27AM

Hasta la vista pendejo! ))

Posted by: Myopia ()
Date: March 18, 2012 04:11PM

Although not at its peak, conqueror also is not near the dead period right after farm bug and prior to team games being common and constant errors + host crashing. It's not the best of times but theres plenty of fun to still be had. I grant you if you work odd hours its tougher than it used to be, but during busy times seems there are 20 or so. In any event, was fun playing with you if you are truly leaving, and thanks for the good times.

Posted by: Myopia ()
Date: March 18, 2012 04:14PM

Ha I post that after being gone a few weeks for a tennis tournament, and its just me and lance in game right now without him responding. Oops :)

Pages: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.