Re: Conqueror Ladder System
Posted by: Menegoyt ()
Date: September 26, 2007 06:49PM

jynx Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Think I'm getting better with reading the AI's,
> still a bit confused on them. Xuul should write a
> little guide how to read AI's.

Why should he? It's part of the game to find out yourself. And to expect some surprises from time to time.

Posted by: Indorato ()
Date: September 27, 2007 05:01AM

Anyone need a website created for this system of yours?

Posted by: Captain Planet ()
Date: September 27, 2007 02:18PM

Menegoyt wrote:

"Why should he? It's part of the game to find out yourself. And to expect some surprises from time to time. "

Did Xuul? Seems a bit advantageous being an admin.

Posted by: jynx ()
Date: September 27, 2007 03:49PM

capt plan already posted my thoughts.

If admin are going to have an advantage over the game, they shouldn't be able to play. It's no different then if Xuul was to code the game so that the AI would not attack any players with Xuul in their name.

I don't want Xuul to stop playing, he's an awesome player and I doubt his knowledge of the AI is why he is such a good player. However; it is an unequal advantage that I would like to see distributed equally. But if he doesn't want to because it would be time consuming or not possible to realistically write, that's fine. I just think instructions on AI would be cool.

**Note: Not saying Xuul shouldn't be allowed to play. Was just giving an example in the second paragraph.

**Note: The note was made so fuckers wouldn't twist my words.

**Note: The second note was just for the hell of it, as was this one.

**Note: Aren't notes cool?

Posted by: hallali ()
Date: September 28, 2007 10:07AM

Xuul doesn´t need to cheat in any way. He played really good before he started doing the changes for admin and didn´t improve his game after he did.

And people are still able to beat him. But only very few. Look at the ladder.
Btw I didn´t manage it so far.

Date: September 28, 2007 03:52PM

jenny beat me!

1. XuuL
2. Hmmm
3. Hallali
4. Liquid
5. Hero
6. Paars
7. jenny
8. Jynxxx
9. Perfect
10. PV_Mercenary
11. Icadil
12. Keira
13. Osetsky
14. PV_thered
15. Roach
16. Furycan
17. Menegoyt
18. Tinydancer
19. Svendborg
20. Antt

EDIT: I agree hallalli, but I still think a guide would be cool.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2007 03:54PM by jynx.

Posted by: XuuL ()
Date: September 28, 2007 04:16PM

1st:
i am playing this game since about 5 years now... very much and regulary.. i have more than 2000 games on my shoulder.. i was a also noob once... but i learned a lot from zbp and nelson and developed my own strategies over the years

2nd:
i was unbeaten for over 2 years (only WOW and Nelson could get a draw vs me).. till TinkyWinky beat me with a smurf account in spring 2006... i even had to take a break cause i was always winning... what was rly extremely boring. that was _before_ i helped the admin in fixing bugs and improving the game.

3rd:
since i became an admin myself i am far more vulnerable than before... now i am loosing sometimes, even to players not belonging to the best like IceQueen... that was unthinkable before. u can feel very lucky that u havent played the game in the time of speedfarming- or gold-bug... u wouldnt even had the smallest chance to beat me

4th:
there are players like Hallali, Nelson, Rippe, Comnenus and Neo, who play on my level.. im rly not "the" best.. all of them play very long time now over years and all of them know the same about AIs as i do... not to forget the US people in a differen timezone.. take hmmmm for example... he was very strong when i played him in ladder and he also beat me

5th:
i could retreat from the ladder... i am an admin and you are right, that its a little strange when admins participate in contests they administrate .. but on the other hand, we are a very very small community and maybe u dont want me to retreat? well.. if u do, i can understand it and u can remove me.. i dont need any ranks to represent myself

Posted by: Paars ()
Date: September 29, 2007 11:30AM

1. XuuL
2. Hmmm
3. Hallali
4. Liquid
5. Hero
6. Jenny
7. Jynxxx
8. Paars
9. Perfect
10. PV_Mercenary
11. Icadil
12. Keira
13. Osetsky
14. PV_thered
15. Roach
16. Furycan
17. Menegoyt
18. Tinydancer
19. Svendborg
20. Antt

Made a small change, Since Jynx challenged me a few times, but everythime I couldn't play. So I guess its fair he's put above me again.

Posted by: soccer5432 ()
Date: October 02, 2007 12:28PM

ok i would like to be added to the list but how do i climd the ladder? do i have to do 1v1 or big games?
and on the list please put me as soccer543
soccer5432 is just cause i cant get on soccer543 anymore.

Date: October 02, 2007 01:07PM

Just 1v1's. Typically you can message anyone who is on this list and they will be up for playing, but sometimes they're busy.

We never set a standard for being within any range of anyone either, so you can challenge #1 or #20. You start at the bottom though, until you beat someone.

1. XuuL
2. Hmmm
3. Hallali
4. Liquid
5. Hero
6. Paars
7. Jenny
8. Jynxxx
9. Perfect
10. PV_Mercenary
11. Icadil
12. Keira
13. Osetsky
14. PV_thered
15. Roach
16. Furycan
17. Menegoyt
18. Tinydancer
19. Svendborg
20. Antt
21. soccer543

I also removed Paars change, as I don't think it was a really good reason and he also challenged me and I didn't have the time. Then added soccer543.

Date: October 02, 2007 05:52PM

1. XuuL
2. Hmmm
3. Hallali
4. Liquid
5. Hero
6. Paars
7. Soccer543
8. Jenny
9. Jynxxx
10. Perfect
11. PV_Mercenary
12. Icadil
13. Keira
14. Osetsky
15. PV_thered
16. Roach
17. Furycan
18. Menegoyt
19. Tinydancer
20. Svendborg
21. Antt

Posted by: jenny ()
Date: October 02, 2007 07:15PM

i dont want to seem rude, but i was surprised to see this new listing, i began playing soccer543 a few hours ago, and my power went out, the game had been going on for maybe tweenty minutes and we had been attacking each other for 2 turns max, there was clearly no winner at this point, while he may very well have won in the long run, i would like a rematch or at least some explanantion before he assumes he may go in ahead of me, unless there is a rule about this situation then i am sorry for this posting...Thanks!

Date: October 02, 2007 09:03PM

np you can change it back if ya want i assumed you had just quit. although i was fully advanced and goin to take you out in about 4 turns anyway. but yes i would like a rematch. and i would like to challege paars next time i see him on since i see him on so often.
sry for any misunderstandings.

Date: October 02, 2007 11:51PM

I personally think if a person leaves, they should be able to count it as a win. Mainly so people don't just leave a game to avoid a lost. However, if a player leaves, and claims it due to power failure or something else, I think a rematch should be required for that person to keep their spot.

... basically what soccer and jenny have already agreed. But if soccer loses, he goes back to the bottom!!! muahahaha

Date: October 03, 2007 08:02AM

lol fine by me.
but i wont loose!!!! hahahahahaha

Posted by: hallali ()
Date: October 03, 2007 08:57AM

I just beat soccer, no changes hahahahaha

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2007 09:05AM by hallali.

Posted by: jenny ()
Date: October 03, 2007 09:05AM

Soccer i will be online today around 330 4 eastern time, hopefully we can have a rematch, if power goes out or i am disconnected, you may pass me ( im in belize the sun overheats the power grids and we have regular power outages) hopefully we shall play soon

Date: October 03, 2007 10:10AM

ok jenny.
and i will beat hallali this afternoon!!!!!!!! hahahahaha

Posted by: Captain Planet ()
Date: October 03, 2007 12:32PM

WOW! They have computers in Belize?!?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.