Gamers' Lounge :  forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Hello from a newbie!
Posted by: chr1sbean ()
Date: June 09, 2008 01:41AM

I only discovered this game about a week ago and I am completly hooked! I wish I had more time to play it, but with a partner and two kids I fiond my time is very limited - which sucks!!

I like the forum here that goes with the game, although I do find the snobbery over what you call noobs is rather condescending, I suppose there are some peeps that deserve it, such as the ones that chop and change Civs throughout the game!!

Just dont paint all us noobs with the same brush!

Other than that - well done to the makers on such a fab game....and I'm now at a loose end as I cant connect to the server!!

Let me in!! Let me in!! Let me in!!

All the best - Chris.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hello from a newbie!
Posted by: Paars ()
Date: June 09, 2008 02:11AM

Yeah the server is still down

anyhow, I consider newb and noob diffrent tho its the same.
newbies are just the new players learning, nothing wrong with that. I consider people noobs when they are playing real dirty or in teamgames dont help you and let you die.

Date: June 09, 2008 02:24AM

lol....thats fair enough then!! I was just reading a captain planets thread about noobs ganging up on him or something - and that every game he seems to lose is the damn fault of cheating noobs!

But if there is a difference between newbies and noobs then thats alright and theres no need for me to go on....and on... ;o)

Damn server....I was so looking forward to practicing at the game today....as I be new I still like starting in the palestine or Ulster areas as I only have to defend on a couple of fronts! Might start using the Muscovy area soon tho!

Date: June 09, 2008 02:27AM

Try spain ;)

At some point we all were newbies. but thats just my personal interpretion of noobs and newbies. Can't really blame 1 for being new. ;)

Date: June 09, 2008 02:30AM

lol....I have started as the one next to morocco just underneath spain...forget which region that is....and even the AI was able to slaughter me, so I'm steering clear of that area for now!

Just looking forward to the server coming back online so I can hone my skills! Is there an offline version that can be practised on at all?

Date: June 09, 2008 02:32AM

as far as I know there's not an offline version though it has been suggested. The admin does plan to do it someday but I believe he hasnt gotten much time lately to update things.

and the country next to morocco is tangiers.

Date: June 09, 2008 02:36AM

Thats the one...tangiers!!

I was shockingly bad and I'm putting it all down to positioning!! It couldn't have been me! Definately not!! Surely not?

lol...I needs much practice yet I think! ;o)

Date: June 09, 2008 02:38AM

in a bit you win the ai's after that you start beating players then you start beating players in teamgames and 1v1 games then the best players and then you challenge me and you reach the absolute top! ho yeah!

Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: June 09, 2008 03:59AM

Hey Chris, Look for me when the server(s?) is up.. Maybe i can help with basic things.. ;)

Posted by: Keira ()
Date: June 09, 2008 04:57AM

Conqueror Lesson Number One

1. Don't take any notice of Capt Planets elitist rants.

Second Lesson...

2. Have fun!

Nice to have you playing Chris :-)

Posted by: Kobrakai ()
Date: June 09, 2008 06:06AM

I don't mind newbies, especially if they want to learn and listen to advice. Playing team-games and asking for hints and help is probably the fastest way to learn. Oftentimes i am happy just to see the game fill up within a few minutes, so welcome Chris, and all new players! :-) Even so, I still prefer teamgames with pass-words, because of the noobs that do not follow chat, do not talk, attack team-mates and so on... This is annoying, as such a team game no longer is a team game. It is also more demanding, and naturally more satisfying, to play against better players. But I put a lot of value in that the two teams are balanced, so both can face a hard, but not impossible challenge.

Posted by: Captain Planet ()
Date: June 09, 2008 11:38AM

I am in no way prejudiced towards anyone. I hate everyone equally.

Posted by: SasoriSama ()
Date: June 16, 2008 10:27PM

I agree with nearly everything paars say on this forum. Chris ur first comment there about u thinking ur new and so ur a noob but thts not true. when i saw tht comment i started thinking... then when i read the next post paars said exactly wot i had in mind.

Kobrakai i agree with u

Newbies sometimes can turn into noobs because they either cant help teammates at all coz they cant even manage themselves or they get too much of people telling them wot to do and start doing the opposite. which is to attack ur own team just to piss the person who annoys u.

Chris u said this is a very cool game and forum and stuff. i do agree but i think they can improve it. making it looks more new even tho its set every early in time.

Chris Good advises that helps u catch up with good players is to play with them. but if ur not good enough u need to work till ur decent then u can play alot of team games with them. If you need any help you welcome to come ask me. i m on everyday. besides these few days my computer died. if u want a tutor just ask any good players and hopefully they will give u some tutor.

Enough typing my hands r dying.
Chris Welcome to The Game of Conqueror!
Have Fun!

Date: October 24, 2008 09:16AM

Oh wow.....someone was talking about me the other day and was asking how long I had been playing this game for?

I can't believe it's only been just over 4 months? Feels like forever now!

Ha ha ha - all those early day rants about the elitest snobs on here, am I now one of the elitest snobs? lol

Well great game...be nice to have a world map or different parts of the world like Africa, America's or Asia - if it would even work that is?

Random thoughts over....

Posted by: SasoriSama ()
Date: October 28, 2008 10:35PM

saw u play tht 3v3 that time against....ummm idk but he was a decent player. u werent doing too bad mate. keep it up. ask me for advice i m always on. but ummm its best to ask paars etc. idk about other games but for 3v3 ask these guys.

Its just an example. Do not be offended if ur name is not listed below.

Paars
Master
DirtyHarry
Neo
Lancelot
Golem <WHERE IS HE?
Godess <WHERE IS SHE?
Rippe <WHERE IS HE?

ok well yeah they are good 3v3s players. go look for them. Master and Paars kinda always on in european times. uno. ok have fun chris

Date: October 29, 2008 03:34PM

lol....I wont be offended! I've not been on here long and I'm sure I've still got a few tricks to learn! ;o)

Date: April 18, 2009 11:42PM

Well its nearly been a year for me and I've lost count of how many hours ive been on here.....

:D

Posted by: Master ()
Date: April 19, 2009 03:03AM

I think your era as a newbie is over now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.