The 2 vs 2 Winter Tournament Thread
Date: November 13, 2008 05:27AM
The 2 vs 2 Winter Tournament will commence on 22nd of November at 12pm GMT.
Five teams have confirmed their places. They are as follows:
DirtyHarry & Master
Lancelot & Paars
deBoer & Neo
Jenny & Squeegie
Dannyray & Myopia
Sign-up for this tournament will be open until the 21st of November and all conqueror players of all skill levels are asked to consider forming a team.
1. Conqueror is a game.
2. Rule 1 must be remembered at all times.
3. Cheating will not be tolerated and will result in disqualification. Purposefully dropping from the beginning of a game because the map looks unfavourable is considered cheating.
4. If a map has been agreed upon or is part of the list of 2 vs 2 tournament maps, the team who is hosting picks their side first.
5. Once a map has been generated the match will be played to a conclusion regardless of perceived inequalities of provinces or starting moves, unless both teams agree to rematch.
6. A loss in the Winners' Bracket means a team enters the Losers' Bracket.
7. A loss in the Losers' Bracket means elimination from the tournament.
8. The final team remaining in the WB will be matched against the final team remaining in the LB. If the team from the WB is victorious they are crowned the Conqueror 2 vs 2 Winter Tournament 2008 Champions. If the team from the LB is victorious they will be rematched and the winners crowned the Conq2v2WT2008 Champions.
9. All competitors have exactly two weeks from the end of the previous round to complete their match.
10. The end of the round is either when all matches have been completed or two weeks from the previous round, whichever is first. This may be subject to change to accommodate events like Christmas.
11. Failure to complete a match will result in disqualification for both teams unless one team can show they were actively trying to complete their match.
In the event of a player dropping or server crash:-
Since there will be no referee in the 2 vs 2, competitors are strongly encouraged to take screenshots of the map and Info screen as soon as a player drops or the server crashes.
Firstly it is up to the competitors themselves to decide if one team had a reasonably unassailable advantage.
If there is a dispute the matter should be posted in a separate topic with all relevant information and images attached.
Relevant information includes: Population, Army and Gold figures, as well as the Population and Army figures of front line provinces. Screenshots are the ideal.
The final decision on whether a team had an unassailable advantage will rest on the tournament referee, hereby proposed to be Master.
In the event of the tournament referee being in a conflict of interest the decision lies with the deputy tournament referee, hereby proposed to be deBoer.
In the event of the deputy tournament referee being in a conflict of interest the decision lies with this game's administrator, Xuul.
These rules are subject to change until the 21st of November. A list of Tournament Maps will be released shortly.
Tournament.JPG (25.2 KB)