Gamers' Lounge :  Conqueror! Forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The 2 vs 2 Winter Tournament Thread
Posted by: de_Boer ()
Date: November 13, 2008 05:27AM

The 2 vs 2 Winter Tournament will commence on 22nd of November at 12pm GMT.
Five teams have confirmed their places. They are as follows:

DirtyHarry & Master
Lancelot & Paars
deBoer & Neo
Jenny & Squeegie
Dannyray & Myopia

Sign-up for this tournament will be open until the 21st of November and all conqueror players of all skill levels are asked to consider forming a team.

Rules.

1. Conqueror is a game.
2. Rule 1 must be remembered at all times.
3. Cheating will not be tolerated and will result in disqualification. Purposefully dropping from the beginning of a game because the map looks unfavourable is considered cheating.
4. If a map has been agreed upon or is part of the list of 2 vs 2 tournament maps, the team who is hosting picks their side first.
5. Once a map has been generated the match will be played to a conclusion regardless of perceived inequalities of provinces or starting moves, unless both teams agree to rematch.
6. A loss in the Winners' Bracket means a team enters the Losers' Bracket.
7. A loss in the Losers' Bracket means elimination from the tournament.
8. The final team remaining in the WB will be matched against the final team remaining in the LB. If the team from the WB is victorious they are crowned the Conqueror 2 vs 2 Winter Tournament 2008 Champions. If the team from the LB is victorious they will be rematched and the winners crowned the Conq2v2WT2008 Champions.
9. All competitors have exactly two weeks from the end of the previous round to complete their match.
10. The end of the round is either when all matches have been completed or two weeks from the previous round, whichever is first. This may be subject to change to accommodate events like Christmas.
11. Failure to complete a match will result in disqualification for both teams unless one team can show they were actively trying to complete their match.

In the event of a player dropping or server crash:-

Since there will be no referee in the 2 vs 2, competitors are strongly encouraged to take screenshots of the map and Info screen as soon as a player drops or the server crashes.
Firstly it is up to the competitors themselves to decide if one team had a reasonably unassailable advantage.
If there is a dispute the matter should be posted in a separate topic with all relevant information and images attached.
Relevant information includes: Population, Army and Gold figures, as well as the Population and Army figures of front line provinces. Screenshots are the ideal.
The final decision on whether a team had an unassailable advantage will rest on the tournament referee, hereby proposed to be Master.
In the event of the tournament referee being in a conflict of interest the decision lies with the deputy tournament referee, hereby proposed to be deBoer.
In the event of the deputy tournament referee being in a conflict of interest the decision lies with this game's administrator, Xuul.

These rules are subject to change until the 21st of November. A list of Tournament Maps will be released shortly.

Attachments: Tournament.JPG (25.2 KB)  
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The 2 vs 2 Winter Tournament Thread
Posted by: Lancelot ()
Date: November 16, 2008 04:38PM

FYI: I can only play at the weekends (but not on 22nd, I'm going to skiing. And the next weekend is Thanksgiving and I will probably be camping in a place where no wireless is available). Also my connection generally sux (i may move to another house soon, so i don't wanna deal with that since it will just be a waste of time). I tried playing once and lost connection 3 times in 35 turns (twice in first 10). Hence, if I keep on losing connection like that, I may want to have a rematch (if I believe that's the major factor). I'm stating these right now because I don't want other people think I'm creating problems for the tournament. If participants don't want to play with me with these conditions, I will talk to Paars about our options.

Lance

Posted by: Master ()
Date: November 17, 2008 02:49PM

Aquitaine, Ulster vs Lith, Nic
Nic, Muscovy vs Grenada, Ulster
Wales, Grenada vs Nic, Lith

Date: November 18, 2008 03:29PM

Eire, Grenada vs Livonia, Nic (It is very difficult to find though)
Greece, Muscovy vs Northhumberland, Grenada.
Greece, Lith vs Aragon, Northhumbland.
Byzantium, Livonia vs Grenada/Castile, Ulster.

Posted by: OzziOz ()
Date: November 19, 2008 04:28PM

I have the pleasure to announce another team:

xuul and oz

unfortunately oz is on vacation from Nov 26th til Dec 14th.

Looking forward to fight!!!

Posted by: acro ()
Date: November 20, 2008 02:37PM

Next team on the list: acro and LIon.

We look forward to it!

Posted by: Squeegie ()
Date: November 20, 2008 05:36PM

Jenny, I miss you!

Date: November 21, 2008 04:18PM

Ladies and gentleman, I am pleased to annouce the Conqueror 2 vs 2 Winter Tournament 2008 has officially begun!

After the draw round 1 reads as follows:

DirtyHarry & Master vs Acro & Lion
Gratis & Xerxes vs Oz & Xuul
deBoer & Neo vs Jenny & Squeegie
Dannyray & Myopia vs Lancelot & Paars

The tournament maps are:

Wales & Grenada vs Lithuania & Nicaea
Ulster & Grenada vs Muscovy & Nicaea
Eire & Grenada vs Livonia & Nicaea
Northumberland & Grenada vs Muscovy & Greece
Ulster & Grenada vs Livonia & Byzantium

The turn timer to be used for the tournament is 1 minute 45 seconds.

Any other maps or turn timer must be agreed upon by both teams before the map generates. Once agreed the tournament rules apply.

Good luck and have fun!

Attachments: Tournament3.JPG (29.4 KB)  
Posted by: jenny ()
Date: November 21, 2008 05:36PM

squeegers! i miss u too, sorry i havent been around lately conisdering my new circumstances the only time i can really play is on the weekends unless people are will to wait up till 4 or 5 cali time.... sigh

so i guess we should tyr to figure out a time that will meet all of our schedules.... if that can be done haha!

Posted by: Myopia ()
Date: November 23, 2008 11:58PM

I (Myopia) am available all Sunday evenings/mornings PST (someone help me with the GMT), and all day this Wednesday. The 4 play pretty regular so hopefully we just all show up at same time...

Posted by: Paars ()
Date: November 24, 2008 09:33AM

I'm available lots of times at any time (insomnia comes in handy for some things:p) Anyway get some times and I ll adept to those.

Date: November 24, 2008 10:00AM

Im available most days at 7 pm

Date: November 24, 2008 09:12PM

I have the day before thanksgiving off... i would love to do our game anytime during the day. How about 10am PST?

Date: November 25, 2008 12:03AM

Unfortunately I'm working on wednesday:( but I can make it on thursday morning. Otherwise next week, I will be available after 6pm EST (GMT-5) on weekdays

Date: November 26, 2008 10:10AM

Thursday morning works for me. Dannyray said he'd prefer early on turkey day as well. Looks like this'll go down tomorrow morning!

Posted by: jenny ()
Date: November 26, 2008 12:25PM

deboer, neo or squeegie, lets hear some chatter, im available this evening maybe around 5 cali time, or tommorow morning, or any thime friday if u see this post back asap

Date: November 26, 2008 05:38PM

Well, I am working in USA now:) but I will try to check the game at night, but if i cannot find anyone, lets try to make it in Thursday morning by EST (or PST if you live there)

Posted by: Squeegie ()
Date: November 26, 2008 08:27PM

Tyrese Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thursday morning works for me. Dannyray said he'd
> prefer early on turkey day as well. Looks like
> this'll go down tomorrow morning!

My weekend just freed up. I can plan anytime from Friday 5 EST to Sunday late night.
deB, neo?

Date: November 27, 2008 03:32AM

well, I looked for the game but it seems nobody is around (it's morning with Turkish time), anyway i think i am drunk enough not to play a tournament match; so i hope to see you in the morning around 11.00 EST (GMT - 5). and we will fortunately have a nice match, gnite.

Date: November 27, 2008 07:40AM

Jenny and I live on opposite sides of the globe, so that might cause a slight problem. I am usually free till 20.30 GMT at the latest (12.30 PST, 15.30 EST) which is midnight here.

So Friday is out because Squeegie is unavailable till 17.00 EST unless he can play a bit earlier.

It'll have to be Saturday or Sunday at around 19.30 GMT for us to play.

Please confirm lady and gentlemen.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.