Gamers' Lounge :  Conqueror! Forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 29
Re: --- Results 3v3 ---
Posted by: Captain Planet ()
Date: July 20, 2009 11:47AM

Ad honorem:

[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MrScientist ()
Date: July 20, 2009 01:54PM

Ulster (Live4games) - Saxony (Xerxes) - Muscovy (RDS-202)
vs
Granada (james) - Rome (ee) - Nicaea (Superfontane)

Me and RDS have a good start. Live4games built faster than james but not that much early fighting. Rome falls turn 29, nic. also close to collapse

Posted by: empError ()
Date: July 21, 2009 01:27PM

Ulster (bingo/King_Kent) - Saxony (jbf) - Muscovy (Xerxes)
vs.
Grenada (acro) - Corsica (empError) - Nicaea (ee)

Bingo had a good run to Spain, with a 2:1 chance at Grenada, which failed, at which point KK took over. When jbf started advancing, I could push through his defences at Lux, and move to Holland and Rhineland. From Holland, there was a chance that I would take England, which helped acro take a fort in Normandy. Soon, England was under high pressure, and this lasted for the rest of the game. In the east, ee was doing fine against Xerxes. He had a run or two through Mold-Poland-Brandenburg, and ruled the Balcans most of the time. With acro taking England and/or Luxembourg now and then, jbf came under high pressure. I think it was turn 32 when acro took Saxony.

See attach...

Attachments: KKjbfXerx_acroEmpEe.jpg (292.1 KB)  
Date: July 22, 2009 05:11PM

Wales (godsent) - Denmark (Xuul) - Lithuania (jbf)
vs.
Grenada (live4games) - Corsica (sixamplayer) - Greece (empError)

It seemed like the center/west was having a good fight, although I think north got the upper hand there. I focused mainly on my fight with jbf, trying a strategy of developing to the north, not concerning myself too much with the backlands in the beginning. (After some attempts with Greece in which I tried the reverse, but that didn't work so far). Except once in early game, I could not get my hands on Moldavia, and jbf pushed me back. Soon Greece was under siege. It fell, and I got it back with 6am's help, but south conceded, as we were weaker overall, north having many advanced lands.

Date: July 22, 2009 05:13PM

Forgot the screenshot. Taken one turn after I got my cap back...

Attachments: gsXuulJbf_l4g6amEmp.jpg (283.9 KB)  
Date: July 22, 2009 08:57PM

Ulster (empError) - Saxony (Sovereign) - Muscovy (Lancelot)
vs.
Tangiers (Squeegie) - Roma (Gook) - Nicaea (dannyray)

interesting battle in the middle, where lots of good lands were to be found. I chose an early offensive versus Squeegie, rolling into Castile. Lance was doing something similar versus dannyray. My second wave smashed to smithereens on a fort in Aragon (8:4) canceling my advantage, so that Squeegie moved up into Brittany. Gook looked a bit stronger than Sov, on the map. It didn't matter much, as Lance took danny's capital in turn 13.

Date: July 23, 2009 06:14PM

Ulster (empError) - Saxony (Sargon/jbf) - Muscovy (godsent/Sargon)
vs.
Grenada (gun) - Roma (acro) - Nicaea (LNO)

Bad start for Sargon. He recovered, but didn't have the chance to advance for a long time. After a while, he handed the post to jbf, who advanced Sax. Godsent was doing well in the east, and kept Saxony safe for a while. He (or she?) also got to Nicaea, in autumn. Acro almost got to Sax one turn later. Nicaea was recaptured. Acro started pouring out huge armies, though. Saxony fell, ending the game.

Attachments: empSargGods_gunAcroLNO.JPG (283.9 KB)  
Date: July 23, 2009 06:19PM

Ulster (Oz) - Saxony (empError) - Muscovy (jbf/Madman)
vs.
Grenada (Sargon) - Roma (sixamplayer) - Nicaea (Squeegie)

Oz held out well in the west. But in all positions, north was gradually losing the fight, and conceded. Although still looking good on the map (see attach), south had far more population.

Attachments: OzEmpMadman_Sargon6amSqueeg.JPG (282 KB)  
Date: July 23, 2009 06:20PM

And a correction: 3 posts above this one, Sovereign played for Brandenburg, not for Saxony.

Posted by: Captain Planet ()
Date: July 24, 2009 07:24AM

Correction noted

Date: July 25, 2009 08:18AM

Ulster (live4games) - Saxony (Oz) - Muscovy (Xerxes)
vs.
Grenada (gun/Hanon) - Corsica (empError) - Nicaea (hallali)

The map was a bit north favoured, as l4g and Oz had good lands, and hallali lacked a developed land in her part of the map. Not surprisingly, I was soon under pressure, and Oz advanced his cap easily. Hallali helped out, by attacking Oz through Poland. l4g assisted Oz in attacking me, however. I advanced pretty late, buth things looked kinda ok for south then, as the map was divided along a typical central line, and south had most of its backlands, which often means they gain in strength. Oz managed to advance all of his lands though, and Xerxes was pushing hallali back. Hanon (Rippe) substituted for gun, giving south some hope. He got an opportunity at Saxony, something like 23:19, which failed. A little later, Oz raised a 120+ army that was just large enough to get Corsica.

Attachments: l4gOzXerx_gunEmpHall.JPG (265.6 KB)  
Date: July 25, 2009 08:31AM

About the previous game: Molotov started in Muscovy, Xerxes took over later.

Date: July 25, 2009 10:04AM

Ulster (live4games/airmidlein) - Saxony (empError) - Muscovy (Reme)
vs.
Grenada (gun) - Corsica (Xerxes) - Nicaea (joseph_..)

Interesting battle in the center, where Xerxes got an early advantage, attacking from Helvetica, preventing me from advancing and making it difficult to grab lands. When he advanced, it gave me some air, and I could advance myself. Although Xerx was stronger, with more lands and population, I got to Genoa with 6 armies. Expecting me to go for Provence, with 1 army, he attacked with his 6 in Corsica. 1 army survived, and took his cap, in winter. He re-captured, and I think I was just a little stronger than him at that point. In the west, gun started to get really strong, having developed most of France. In the east, joseph seemed to do well for a long time, controlling the Balcans, but he appeared to have developed little more than his capital. Xerxes tried to help him out, but to no avail. Reme took Nicaea, as shown in attach, ending the game.

Attachments: airEmpReme_gunXerxJos.JPG (267.4 KB)  
Date: July 25, 2009 10:49AM

East vs west:

England (gun) vs Lithuania (DonKojotas)
Corsica (Oz) vs Byzantium (Reme)
Grenada (empError) vs Cyrenaica (Xerxes)

East had some rough starts, apparently. Oz did well against Reme, and would probably beat him. I kept Xerxes away from Tunis, and DonKojotas seemed to be relatively new to the game. So east conceded. See attach for situation.

Attachments: gunOzEmp_DonKojRemeXerx.JPG (261.7 KB)  
Posted by: live4games ()
Date: July 28, 2009 01:49PM

sixamplayer(nicea) VS master(muscovy?)
izzlekizzle(roma?) VS sovereign(saxony??)
live4games(grenada) VS squeegie(ulster)

we won.im not that good in english that i can explain how good i played (:P), but it was great my team was great!
in the east it didnt look good for us but in the middle and on my side what can i say we won!
izzlekizzle took sovereign's cap in winter i think?! (before he, i tried to take sovs cap but i had not enough for it<shit>)
idk the turn when
it was over...

Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: July 28, 2009 04:40PM

Ulster (LNO) - Saxony (Gun) - Muscovy (Master)

VS

Aragon (Acro) - Tunis (Live4games) - Nicaea (Rex)

Live4games had a bad start, while Master and maybe acro just were unlucky. Was pretty even for a while, except in the middle, where Gun was leading by far over L4G. South got pushed far down, and the game ended when me, the great god of Conqueror, took Aragon with a 1 vs 50..

Winner north, dunno what turn

Attachments: Unavngivet..JPG (194.4 KB)  
Date: July 29, 2009 05:42PM

Ulster (jojm0) - Hanover (Xerxes) - Lithuania (Master)
vs.
Leon (Dr. Bozo) - Roma (empError) - Nicaea (ee)

I set my mind on taking 2k+1 developed Austria, but I never could control it for more than two turns, and Xerx comfortably built up behind it. Master soon ruled in the Balcans. Dr. Bozo was south's hope. He got control of France, but couldn't push through from there, as jojm had advanced UK, and Xerx defended well.

Pressure on ee started to be severe around turn 25, I think. Soon after that, Xerx was also pushing forward, and I couldn't raise enough armies to stop him. Turn 35, Roma fell, ending the game, and a turn later Nicaea found the same destiny.

The screenshot is from the spring after Nicaea fell.

Attachments: jojXerMas_BozEmpEe.jpg (266 KB)  
Posted by: Sovereign ()
Date: July 29, 2009 09:27PM

Ulster(Xerxes) - Saxony(ee) - Muscovy(Superfontanew)
VS
Grenada(live4games) - Corsica(Sovereign) - Nicea(godsent)

Live4games complained of a bad start so was slow getting out of Spain. EE and I hit it off first with most of the battles over Genoa, Venetia, and Provence and some interference by Xerxes. Godsent seems have a slight upper hand the whole game against Superfontanew and slowly pushed him back. Meanwhile live4games was able to turn his slow start into an explosion which pushed Xerxes back to England. With both East and West advancing I was able to recover in the middle (also with the help of an 80k advanced gift in the form of Algiers). Nevertheless North was far from finished and kept the game going for 61 turns before a joint offensive between Godsent and myself finished off ee.

Apologies for the screenshot taken, it does not do this game justice and was taken as an afterthought from turn 62, one turn after north capitulated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2009 09:33PM by Sovereign.

Attachments: usm_gcn.gif (185.3 KB)  
Posted by: MrScientist ()
Date: July 30, 2009 05:22PM

ulster (rex) - saxony (Sovereign) - Lithuania (Xerxes)

Granada (live4games) - Corsica (6amp) - Nicaea (ee)

Rex had a good start and could keep live under pressure whole game. Was
going back and forth a lot in the middle. I had the balkans but couldnt really push through; i'd say it was pretty even. Sovereign gradually took ground and took corsica in around turn 40.

Date: July 31, 2009 06:30PM

Ulster (empError) - Hanover (Oz) - Lithuania (Xerxes)
vs.
Grenada (live4games) - Corsica (ee) - Nicaea (Rex)

I didn't get much of what was happening in the east, but overall Xerx and Rex seemed pretty well matched. After a good ratio at Gascony, l4g got a little nervous. But just after turn 30, England was under attack. Oz had to help me out capturing England once, and when Rex came visiting Bohemia/Brandenburg, it looked like a 3 vs 1 for Oz. Oz farmed Flanders for me, and I managed to advance it, but soon was in defence again. The situation got worse for north, as south had most lands to 80k advanced, and first me, and then Oz, were under siege.

In turn 42, ee took Hanover, ending the game.

Attachments: empOzXerx_L4gEeRex.jpg (258.1 KB)  
Pages: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.