Gamers' Lounge :  Conqueror! Forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 29
Re: --- Results 3v3 ---
Posted by: empError ()
Date: July 14, 2010 04:11PM

Ulster (sirbela) - Hanover (Terrance) - Muscovy (LeRes)
vs.
Tangiers (empError) - Roma (Zarathustra) - Nicaea (Arpad)

Zarathustra quickly had Terrance under pressure. Sirbela soon threatened Zara through a fort in Burgundy, from which he got to Genoa. I could cut sirb's supply lines, though, and pretty early in the game I found myself in England (8:8), and destroying development in Northumberland. Zara held a fort in Rhineland, causing Terrance lots of trouble (and loss of troops). Arpad was also doing well, getting to Poland on occasion, but the battle seemed pretty messy over there, with LeRes also getting to Bulgaria. Apparently, Arpad was also experiencing some luck. With many first turns, I kept getting into England, taking the European coastline, and taking Holland while it bought development (2:2). Pressure on Terrance became unbearable, and in turn 30, Zara took Hanover, ending the game.

The screenshot is from a turn later (one AI move for many, hence the Nicaean armies in Napoli).

Attachments: sirbTceRes_empZarArp.jpg (287.3 KB)  
Options: ReplyQuote
Date: July 14, 2010 07:19PM

Ulster (sirbela) - Saxony (empError) - Muscovy (Grrr)
vs.
Grenada (Rex) - Corsica (DVSBSTD) - Nicaea (ghost)

Burgundy built a fort, and I made sure I got it before DVS (== Adrien) got there. From there I could destroy Genoa just when it was developing. Rex moved up to Ile de France, making it more difficult for me to manoeuver. DVS was smart enough to take Helvetica, also with a fort, thereby threatening many of my lands. Soon I lost the fort at Burgundy too. I had a fort left in Austria to defend against ghost and DVS, but DVS now had a definite advantage. Rex was also moving forward, taking England at times. Grrr was doing pretty well versus ghost, getting to Macedonia once, but ghost slowly gained the advantage.

At turn 40, Rex moved up to both Northumberland and Wales, leaving sirbela in a desparate position. With DVS and ghost also having the advantage, north conceded then.

Attachments: sirbEmpGrrr_RexDVSBSTDGho.jpg (281.4 KB)  
Date: July 16, 2010 05:35AM

Ulster (ghost) - Denmark (empError) - Podolia (jordy/ibg/JeePee)
vs.
Castile (Malakira) - Corsica (Terrorise) - Nicaea (Haak)

I had fantastic lands in front of me, with Hanover, Brandenburg, and Saxony all developed (about 20k), and Holland +2. I got those swiftly, as well as a fort in Luxembourg, and I advanced Hanover quickly, building troops only once before advancing. jordy left after the first year, leaving a messy empire to ibg. Ghost was doing extremely well, considering that he was playing with Ulster, without Norway, against Castile. I got a shockwave error, and upon my return (Musashi had taken over for a turn or two) I found that the front had expanded from Luxembourg to Rhineland and Bohemia.

Things settled like this for a while, with most opponents being about equal in strength. It was clear, however, that south would get the advantage as the game progressed, considering their surplus of lands, and considering the costly long-distance war I was waging.

At some point, must have been about turn 50, Malakira built a large force to take England, and pressure on north increased. I lost Luxembourg, my main stronghold. North looked like going down then. Ibg had to leave, and was replaced by JeePee. I tried to surprise Haak by moving my major forces (2*40 armies) to Dalmatia and Hungary, leaving my own lands undefended. Terrorise amassed an army of 200, which cut right through my empire. Terrorise surprised us somewhat by taking England instead of Hanover with a force he got in Holland. In the winter of turn 60, Terrorise attacked Denmark 59:55, and conquered it with 9 surviving armies, putting an end to a great game. A strong player in Podolia from the start might have lead to a different outcome.

Attachments: ghoEmpIbg_MalTseHaak.jpg (288.3 KB)  
Date: July 16, 2010 05:55AM

Ulster (Marquis/Musashi) - Saxony (empError) - Lithuania (JeePee)
vs.
Grenada (Terrance) - Roma (ghost/ibg) - Nicaea (Malakira)

Marquis was not a very experienced player, developing suboptimally. Terrance soon had pressure on him, but I also had ghost under pressure from early on. It looked like this game would be a matter of who got his opponent down first. JeePee had the advantage in the east, which gave north an additional advantage. Terrance got into the UK already, I believe, before Musashi replaced Marquis. Ghost also was replaced by ibg, while I got a first opportunity for Rome. Terrance pre-empted that effort, by an attack with 15 troops on Genoa. In addition, he could still use his 60 armies in Burgundy to take Luxembourg and threaten Saxony, where the situation was now reversed: Musashi could help out by an attack from Normandy, while I reinforced Saxony. Terrance did get the first turn, but had a pretty bad ratio, so that Saxony survived, in winter. Pressure on England was relieved now, and Musashi could build up now. In the meantime, I got a second opportunity for Rome, this time from Venetia, out of reach for Terrance, but ibg's first move saved him now.

In the meantime, JeePee had gotten control of a fort in Bulgaria, which had caused much trouble.

Around turn 36, I got a 3rd chance for Rome, and now I got it. Terrance helped ibg to get it back, but then I took it again, with 40 armies. England was about to fall, but that came too late for south, and south conceded then.

Attachments: MusEmpJP_TcaGhoMal.jpg (288.7 KB)  
Date: July 16, 2010 06:04AM

Ulster (Marquis) - Hanover (empError) - Lithuania (BamBam/xi)
vs.
Grenada (Malakira) - Corsica (live4games) - Nicaea (LeRes)

BamBam was not the strongest player, and he was soon replaced by xi, who did much better. Marquis proved even more noobish, building forts, and advancing lands at 30k, as I understood Malakira. I had an initial advantage in the center. Xi managed to get the situation balanced in the east. But our west flank was too weak, so north conceded in turn 26.

Attachments: MarqEmpXi_MalL4GRes.jpg (279.8 KB)  
Date: July 16, 2010 06:14AM

Ulster (?/empError) - Hanover (?) - Muscovy (ElCid?)
vs.
Grenada (Marquis) - Roma (Terrance) - Nicaea (Malakira)

I substituted here, and I didn't even check out who my team mates were, although ElCid seems to have been one of them. Marquis was not too strong, which allowed me to mess up Terrance's empire. Terrance came under severe pressure from Hanover. Muscovy also got a definite advantage over Nicaea. South lacked faith in Marquis, and surrendered in turn 23.

If anyone can fill in the missing names, please do so.
Note: The last 4 games were played in reverse order.

Attachments: empxxxxxx_MarqTceMal.jpg (297.7 KB)  
Date: July 17, 2010 04:09AM

Ulster (est) - Saxony (Rex) - Crimea (jenny)
vs.
Grenada (Malakira) - Corsica (king_Brennan) - Nicaea (empError)

We decided to go ahead, even though Brennan reveiled himself as a noob, after giving him some basic hints. I chose Nicaea, to make sure that Crimea was properly knocked down. A developed Ukraine would allow jenny to gain some control over Russia, but I got to a fortified, 30k developed Bulgaria, which was a guarantee to make life hard on jen. Rex came down through Hungary, Dalmatia, to Macedonia, from which he took Byzantium, blocking my reinforcements to Bulgaria, and giving jen control of this vital land. After this, she had the opportunity to get control of Russia and advance Crimea, making her as strong as Lithuania. Malakira got control of Ile de France, and did the usual pounding on England. Brennan engaged Rex around Austria, and later at Burgundy. Rex developed faster though. It was clear already that north would win the game, but jenny failed to raise armies in Crimea once, after I could have taken Moldavia with a surplus of two armies. Her first turn prevented this, and got her control over Bulgaria again. Jen got an opportunity for Nic of about 45:31, and she got first turn, but 1 army survived. Then Rex moved a force up to Corsica, taking it in turn 36, ending the game.

Attachments: estRexJen_MalBrenEmp.jpg (275.8 KB)  
Date: July 17, 2010 05:07AM

Ulster (Musashi) vs. Muscovy (empError)
Burgundy (arco) vs. Transylvania (IceQueen)
Grenada (Marquis) vs. Nicaea (live4games)

Musashi's expansion appeared slow. Ice and arco fought a short-distance war, and soon Ice got the upper hand, taking Burgundy in turn 21/22. With the rest of the east also looking favourable, west conceded.

Attachments: MusArcoMarq_empIcel4g.jpg (266.5 KB)  
Date: July 17, 2010 12:07PM

Ulster (used2beGood) - Saxony (live4games) - Muscovy (ibg)
vs.
Grenada (Hispano) - Corsica (empError) - Nicaea (bubbagump)

u2bg got to a fort in Gascony before Hispano did. I had to take Brittany to relieve some of the pressure on Hispano, which lessened my force of going for a +2 Helvetica. There was a bit of pressure on me too. bubba moved through Dalmatia to l4g's lands, which relieved some of the pressure for me, and with a good turn, south looked in reasonable shape for a while. But ibg now increased pressure on Macedonia and Byzantium, and with l4g advancing the lands in front of Saxony, while I had only +2 Roma advanced, things looked bad for south, and we conceded turn 28.

Attachments: U2bgL4gIbg_HispEmpBub.jpg (297.1 KB)  
Posted by: Akiran ()
Date: July 17, 2010 09:17PM

why do i fail so badly at conqueror now

M-K

Posted by: IceQueen ()
Date: July 20, 2010 05:44PM

Ulster (ArtOfBingo) - Saxony (empError) - Lithuania (Malakira)
vs.
Castile (thanatos) - Roma (ALT) - Nicaea (Musashi)

ALT and me centered our battle on a 40k Helvetica, and soon ALT got the advantage, putting me under pressure. I was lucky he did not attack a developing +2 Rhineland. AoB got his lands in order, and joined the fight by taking Normandy. This lead to a massive turnaround in the center, where I could take Genoa and Venetia in about two turns. Also, Provence and Sardinia revolted on ALT then. AoB also managed thanatos well, and he had good control of northern France. Malakira had many first turns vs. Musashi, and he sent about 25 armies into Napoli. Their attempt at Roma failed, even with secondary attacks by me. The next turn, attacks by AoB and me failed, but Roma was essentially ALT's only remaining land. Thanatos tried to help by coming to Italy, but AoB now was running over him as well. ALT left the game, and I took Rome. One turn later, AoB also took Castile, and south conceded.

Attachments: AoBempMal_ThaALTMus.JPG (140.6 KB)  
Date: July 21, 2010 04:31PM

Ulster (Malakira) - Hanover (ElCid) - Lithuania (empError)
vs.
Grenada (noobness/ slimshady) - Corsica (ghost) - Nicaea (live4games)

I believe ElCid had some strong lands, and he soon had ghost under pressure. Malakira dealt well with noobness, and could control northern France. I was faced with 4 armies in a fortified Ukraine (an attempt to slim it before, killed only one defending army), and I tried to get to a farming, developed Bulgaria before l4g did, but was left with too few armies in Moldavia to attempt it. Once l4g got Bulgaria, I needed most of my resources to defend Moldavia, and occasionally I could get Bulgaria for one turn. l4g could develop well behind Bulgaria, and soon he took Dalmatia and Venetia, through which he relieved pressure on ghost. ElCid was pushed back then, but he had advanced Rhineland at that point. L4g took the Balcans, and had me fighting for Poland and Moldavia for many turns. Then, l4g sent out some huge armies. He had an attempt at Hanover from Brandenburg, but an attack from me, from Poland, and a good ratio for ElCid, made Hanover survive with just 1 army. A little later, again a large army moved to Poland threatening to go to either Lithuania or Hanover. It moved to Brandenburg, but then failed to attack Hanover, although this seemed very likely to succeed. Then, in turn 49, north conceded.

Attachments: MalCidEmp_noobGhol4g.JPG (141.6 KB)  
Posted by: live4games ()
Date: July 21, 2010 05:29PM

north vs south

ulster (arpad)...........vs...grenada (malakira)
saxony (emperror)........vs...corsica (marquis-ken)
muscovy (maarbjerg)......vs...nicea (live4games)

south lost at turn 17~? i forgot... well arpad took kiras cap. malakira had 0 troops on his cap, and didnt build any, so arpad could easily take his cap!!wtf!!
im sorry i didnt made a pic...

Date: July 21, 2010 07:39PM

Ulster (Arpad) - Saxony (Maarbjerg) - Muscovy (Musashi)
vs.
Grenada (Malakira) - Roma (empError) - Nicaea (Marquis-Ken/Terrorise)

Marquis had trouble getting Byzantium, and he also experienced trouble controlling his backlands, which frequently revolted. He advanced Nicaea before getting Greece and Crete, and soon Musashi exerted big pressure on him, and Musashi developed Poland, Wallachia and Transylvania pretty soon.

Malakira took Gasc, Aqui, and Ile de France, and developed them. Maarbjerg had developed lands in Hanover and Rhineland, but Corsica was also developed, and Sicilia was +2. I moved up to Serbia, to help out Marquis as he was advancing with little defence. Musashi gained the advantage in the Balcans, but at least Marquis was now able to put up some defence.

Arpad advanced well, and he gave good resistance, but Mala amassed an army of 120 in Spain, which together with 40 already in France proved enough to take England. Musashi got an army of about 60 in Napoli, and with 1st move he attacked 49 of mine, which miraculously survived. Then Marquis left and Terrorise substituted. Terrorise got the defense of Nicaea in good order. Musashi attacked me through central Europe, to relieve my increasing pressure on Maarbjerg, but I was strong enough to resist.

At about turn 49, I amassed about 70 armies in Luxembourg, and with first move I easily won over 22 or so in Saxony. Although my force was cut, Maarbjerg did not succeed in getting it back the next turn. One turn later, he did get it back, but then more large armies from my part were pooring in, and I had enough backup to resist Musashi's rescue attempts. Malakira now also had way more armies than Arpad, so north conceded in turn 52.

Attachments: ArpMjbMus_MalEmpTse.JPG (139.6 KB)  
Posted by: Akiran ()
Date: July 21, 2010 10:58PM

Ulster (musashi) vs castile (ZzZzZ/L4g)
Saxony (rex) vs Roma (leres)
Lithuania (malakira) vs nicaea (L4g)

Over turn 85 when north tired of playing

with castile popping out many armies and put pressure on musashi early which musashi overcame and began putting pressure on zzzzz with him having many chances to take saxony with huge armies but not choosing to except for once which failed.
Musashi and ZzZzZ were fairly equal in strength

Rex and Leres had a battle over a plus2 in burgundy which leres got after rex with extreme luck and first moves and then leres dominated middle

I was making my rush toward serbia through hungary and then i took serbia with 4 armies and all survived and put extreme pressure on l4g which he then lost bulg and ground in the balkans but began fighting me once greece and byzantium were advanced early due to his good lands and i gave finland to rex which made me extremely weak however i managed to be able to help rex in austria venetia and twice made my way to napoli

help me napoli made way to roma and i took it

while leres took saxony 3 times

but with rex in poland and hungary he gained more strength and we soon entered a stalemate

Date: July 22, 2010 04:59PM

Ulster (MrScientist) - Brandenburg (empError) - Muscovy (Bleach)
vs.
Aragon (altak) - Roma (KeyserSoze) - Nicaea (ghost)

My troops fought like rambos in the first year, and soon I had all of Germany, Holland, Denmark, Burgundy, Poland, Hungary, Bohemia, and a fort in Austria. Besides fighting Soze, I sent 2 armies to altak's Burgundy, which was being farmed. Bleach did not engage ghost very swiftly, and ghost got pretty strong, sending many troops my way, which enabled Soze to advance his capital. Altak helped Soze a bit by moving up to Burgundy. But MrScientist was taking control in the west, where he got to Aragon in summer once. In the next winter, I got Rome, and Soze lost over 20 troops in Genoa. A few turn later he got it back, but I sent more troops there. Ghost manoeuvered dangerously with some large troops around Hungary and Poland, but I kept my defenses closed, and Bleach could also take down some of ghost's force now. I needed a first move to take Roma again, and I got it. MrScientist was also taking Aragon again, and both Soze and altak were almost annihilated. Ghost was still strong, but Bleach seemed to be getting about equal in strength. South conceded about turn 35.

Attachments: SciEmpBlch_altakSozGho.JPG (139 KB)  
Date: July 23, 2010 07:02PM

Ulster (JeePee) - Hanover (empError) - Lithuania (Gratis)
vs.
Castile (Malakira) - Roma (Oz) - Nicaea (ArtofBingo)

Oz had some trouble grabbing lands in the first year. I advanced Hanover earlier than usual, although a 30k developed and fortified Burgundy was of some interest, and I tried to get to it. Oz contested it with me, and he took a fort in Helvetica to threaten my supply lines through Luxembourg, and also a not-so-important fort in Bohemia. I often got first turns, so that soon Oz was pushed back to Rome and his backlands. Gratis was also doing well, and AoB seemed to be under quite some pressure from early on. Malakira was doing well, however, and he was exerting serious pressure on JeePee. I had to regard his large armies in the west, which gave Oz enough space to leave his cap and advance it. As his population was similar to mine, even when I held Venetia and Helvetica, I feared the worst. But Gratis was strong, and he attempted to get Nicaea in a winter, but failed for lack of a first move. A year later he amassed a much larger army in Byzantium, but Bingo defended with only 2 armies less. Pressure on JeePee was now intense, and I had to help out by confronting Malakira in France, even though Mala was obviously more advanced than us in the center. Next winter, Gratis decided to go for Napoli and Roma. Oz, on seeing the large force in Macedonia, asked Bingo to attack it with all his power, and this diminished the force so much that it couldn't even get Napoli. Malakira was now strong enough to threaten both JP and me, and in turn 45 or so, he moved from England to Holland, with a force large enough to take Hanover, which he took in summer. I had amassed an army in Venetica that was 20 larger than Oz's defenses in Rome, and I might take Hanover back in autumn, while Nicaea would probably fall if Oz lost his cap. But JeePee and Gratis called gg, and left the game, after which the others did too. I can only say that the next turn I did get Rome and Hanover, but of course, I would have needed first move on Rome if Oz were still there to defend.

In any case, north lost this, in turn 47.

Attachments: JPempGra_MalOzAoB.JPG (140.7 KB)  
Date: July 23, 2010 07:26PM

Ulster (JeePee/IzzleKizzle) - Saxony (empError) - Lithuania (ArtofBingo)
vs.
Grenada (Malakira) - Corsica (JD) - Nicaea (slimshady)

The battle in the center went a bit back and forth between JD and me, but eventually JD got the upper hand. JeePee got his hands on a fort in Brittany, which caused Malakira serious problems, but here too, Malakira eventually got stronger, and UK came under serious pressure. JeePee was replaced by IzzleKizzle there, and Izzle had a hard time upholding his defenses. ArtOfBingo ruled supreme in the east, however, and he helped me out by taking first Austria, later Bohemia. By turn 50, he took Nicaea with a strong force, ending the game.

Attachments: IzzEmpAoB_MalJDslsh.JPG (136 KB)  
Date: July 23, 2010 07:35PM

A game from yesterday that I didn't post yet:

Ulster (LeRes) - Hanover (empError) - Lithuania (Zarathustra)
vs.
Grenada (godsent) - Corsica (JeePee) - Nicaea (KrazyKat)

JeePee and me ended up contesting some forts at Burgundy, Helvetica, and Venetia. Godsent gained the advantage in the west, Zarathustra in the east. Godsent moved a force from England to Holland, turn 35, where I was hoping (s)he wouldn't. There were not enough troops in Hanover to defend, and it fell in winter, ending the game.

Attachments: ResEmpZar_gsJPKKat.JPG (137.4 KB)  
Date: July 23, 2010 07:41PM

And another one from a few days ago:

Ulster (Arpad) - Saxony (empError) - Muscovy (Maarbjerg)
vs.
Grenada (Malakira) - Corsica (Marquis-Ken) - Nicaea (live4games)

Malakira chose to move forward towards England, without taking many other lands. Arpad soon got the better of him, and took Grenada in turn 12 or 13, ending the game. The rest didn't matter, really.

Attachments: ArpEmpMbj_MalMarqL4g.JPG (135.6 KB)  
Pages: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.