Gamers' Lounge :  Conqueror! Forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 25 of 29
Re: --- Results 3v3 ---
Posted by: empError ()
Date: August 15, 2010 05:25PM

Ulster (ibg) - Saxony (crazygod) - Ukraine (sirbela)
vs.
Grenada (quit) - Roma (empError) - Nicaea (myopia)

with a +2 Crimea, sirbela soon had pressure on myopia. Quit had a lousy start, and ibg confronted me at Norm/Burg. I could uphold thanks to a fort at Burg, and I got pressure on crazygod, and destroyed quite a bit of development around Saxony. I also had to confront sirbela, who came to Hungary and Dalmatia. Fights were not heavy there, for lack of interesting lands. Ibg's continuing efforts lead me to pull back, and crazygod got a chance to advance his capital. Still I could lash out at him occasionally, again destroying development, but like myopia I came under pressure now. Quit was now getting stronger, with Gascony and Aquitaine advanced, 40k. Still, ibg was just as strong. Sirbela was gathering some large armies now, aimed at Nicaea and Roma. In turn 40, Nicaea fell, and a combined attack by sirbela and crazygod lead to the fall of Roma. South conceded then.

Attachments: ibgCrgSirb_quitEmpMyo.jpg (280.1 KB)  
Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 03, 2010 03:34PM

Ulster (Squeegie) - Saxony (noobness) - Muscovy (LeRes)
vs.
Grenada (dannyray) - Corsica (empError) - Nicaea (kreatora3)

Squeegie got the advantage in the west soon, getting first moves and good ratios. He tended to have Gascony as much as danny had it. A bit later, LeRes also got advantage in the east, and kreatora got round to taking his backlands quite late. I had some advantage in the center, but when Squeegie started attacking me, noobness got at least even with me. In turn 26, south conceded.

Attachments: SquNoobRes_drayEmpKre.jpg (294.2 KB)  
Date: September 03, 2010 06:34PM

Ulster (hst) - Saxony (PoofYourGone) - Muscovy (mmmatt)
vs.
Castile (drew) - Corsica (empError) - Nicaea (JeePee)

Prospects seemed good for me, with a developed Rome and a developed +2 Tunis. But soon I was fighting both PoofYourGone and hst. It appeared to be drew's third game, and he did not know it was a team game until it was mentioned accidentally. JeePee was doing well, and he tried to help me by attacking PoofYourGone through Dalmatia. But PoofYourGone was advanced, while I had no chance to advance Corsica, or to develop Sardinia. Drew tried to help me also by attacking Poof, but hst was as strong as drew was, while I was soon pushed back to a few lands. Turn 26/27, Poof took Corsica, deciding the game.

Attachments: hstPygmat_drwEmpJP.jpg (288.2 KB)  
Date: September 04, 2010 04:13PM

Ulster (myopia) - Hanover (JeePee) - Muscovy (ArtOfBingo)
vs.
Grenada (IceQueen) - Roma (empError) - Nicaea (kreatora3)

The first year went pretty bad for Bingo, Ice, me, and kreatora. The others recovered in the following turns, but misery continued for me. JeePee soon settled in Helvetica, waiting for the best opportunity to attack me. I focused on my African backlands, and a bit on Provence. Kreatora moved up till Dalmatia, where he confronted JeePee in Austria and Venetia. There were quite some skirmishes there, giving Bingo the advantage in the east. IceQueen was doing well in the west, although a +2 Eire helped myopia stand his ground for the most part. After a while, I got some hope of recovering, when I could progress into central Europe. But then JeePee reclaimed control, and pushed me back again, until Corsica fell in turn 28. South conceded then.

Attachments: myoJPAoB_IceEmpkre.jpg (284.8 KB)  
Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: September 04, 2010 06:17PM

Hey emp, i would like you to recap the game we played please .. i want to hear your point of view

Date: September 05, 2010 08:56AM

Here it is:

Ulster (Malakira/ZoxDaKilla) - Hanover (pressstart/MrBeatnik) - Lithuania (LNO)
vs.
Grenada (noobness/Malakira) - Roma (empError) - Nicaea (acro)

pressstart quickly took Norway, upon which Malakira left the game. We persuaded mala to come back, but when presstart took Flanders a bit later, Mala left again, and ZoxDaKilla (LNO2) substituted there. Mala had a somewhat bad start, up to that point. I had a good advantage, and helped acro out against LNO, who had some advantage in the east. Pressstart left, and MrBeatnik (LNO3) substituted there. South had the advantage at all fronts, at this point. Beatnik started generating massive amounts of troops, however, and he confided me afterwards that he put his lands only on troops for 3 years, in an attempt to turn things around. Pressure on me became high, and noobness, later Malakira, tried to help out a bit, and also acro moved towards the center. I took Africa up till Egypt, which was probably not a good idea. Beatnik got a slight opportunity for Roma, at which point he announced that he'd concede if that wouldn't work. He needed two first moves, which he got, and Rome fell. We tried to recover, but with Mala's effort to help me, Zox became strong in the west. In turn 48/49, south conceded.

Attachments: ZoxBeatLNO_noobEmpAcro.jpg (268.1 KB)  
Date: September 05, 2010 09:14AM

This was one for the tournament, but I'll report it here, although it will be reported in the tournament results as well.

Ulster (IceQueen) - Hanover (myopia) - Muscovy (Malakira)
vs.
Grenada (ghost) - Roma (empError) - Nicaea (IzzleKizzle/JeePee)

This was a very balanced game. IceQueen resisted ghost very adequately. Izzle had some advantage over Mala, which he used to support me a bit. I had a population-wise advantage over myopia, but myopia managed to raise enough armies to put me under some pressure, with occasional help from Ice. JeePee substituted for Izzle. Initially, Malakira seemed to get stronger a bit, but in turn 44, Mala made a crucial error, losing 63 armies in Wallachia, due to a cut from JeePee. By that time, myopia was also running out of steam, and I could finally take the initiative in the center. North conceded in turn 47.

Attachments: IceMyoMal_ghoEmpIzz.jpg (284.3 KB)  
Date: September 05, 2010 09:23AM

Northumberland (Malakira) - Brandenburg (Guang Sheng) - Muscovy (LNO)
vs.
Grenada (noobness) - Roma (empError) - Nicaea (acro)

My troops were cutting steel with their bare hands this game. After taking my backlands, I ran over Guang Sheng, helped by good ratios. My presence in Holland threatened Malakira's troop supply to France. I got to Poland, from where 2 of my armies took Moldavia from 4 of LNO's, giving acro a free ride into Bulgaria. The situation looked pretty hopeless for north, and in turn 14, north conceded.

Attachments: MalaGSlno_noobEmpAcro.jpg (286.5 KB)  
Date: September 05, 2010 09:34AM

Ulster (Malakira) - Hanover (JeePee) - Lithuania (kreatora3)
vs.
Grenada (juanV8) - Corsica (empError) - Nicaea (ArtOfBingo)

JeePee had many developed lands, in Saxony, Luxembourgh, Bohemia, and these would lend him advantage to the nice lands in Helvetica and Austria too. I started out cautiously, so that JeePee and AoB confronted each other mainly around Austria. Although Malakira built his lands up to 80k, juanV8 got the upper hand there. AoB also got the upper hand in the east. His continuing support around Austria gave me the time to advance all my lands, after which I started to get the advantage too. Uk and Russia were crumbling, so north conceded in turn 44.

Attachments: MalJPkre_JV8empAoB.jpg (292.8 KB)  
Date: September 07, 2010 03:26PM

Ulster (ALT) - Saxony (tinuz) - Lithuania (CSUelite)
vs.
Grenada (RDS-202) - Corsica (hst) - Nicaea (empError)

Hst soon ruled in center, RDS soon ruled in the west, and I had an advantage in the east. North surrendered turn 19.

Attachments: ALTtnzCSU_RDShstEmp.jpg (287.8 KB)  
Date: September 07, 2010 03:38PM

Ulster (timmyaki) - Hanover (JeePee) - Ukraine (Paars)
vs.
Grenada (kreatora3) - Corsica (empError) - Nicaea (Rex)

timmyaki soon got to a fort in Gascony. Kreatora kept bumping into this fort, and often timmyaki could move into Castile or Aragon. I took a fort in Ile de France, to threaten timmy's supply lines, but even this did not result in kreatora holding Gascony for more than one turn. After a while timmyaki could also take the fort in Ile, and I had to maintain 23 armies at Provence to keep him at bay. JeePee took advantage of my interference with the western battle, by developing at a much faster pace than me. Soon I also came under pressure. Rex was doing remarkably well in the east, considering that he was fighting Ukraine, not to mention Paars. But north was winning on all fronts, and in turn 39, south conceded.

Attachments: tyJPpaars_kreEmpRex.jpg (280.3 KB)  
Date: September 07, 2010 03:55PM

Ulster (acro) - Hanover (ibg) - Lithuania (Malakira)
vs.
Grenada (Guan Sheng) - Roma (sky) - Nicaea (empError)

Malakira had a 30k developed Ukraine at his side, and soon he took control of the Balcans, leaving me to try and hold on to Byzantium and Macedonia. Sky had quite a good start, but lost the battle against ibg, and soon he also was under pressure. Guan Sheng had the advantage in the west, but had to help out sky. Malakira would have run me over if would not have run out of money in winter, at least once. At some point Nicaea fell, but was recaptured. Ibg was already homing in on Roma, when Malakira sent his next wave of armies not towards me, as I would be able to avert them, but towards Roma. In turn 44, Malakira took Roma, and south conceded.

Attachments: acroIbgMal_GShSkyEmp.jpg (283.5 KB)  
Date: September 07, 2010 04:01PM

Ulster (Gratis) - Hanover (empError) - Lithuania (ghost)
vs.
Grenada (Squeegie) - Corsica (Oscuro) - Nicaea (Jaelita)

I had some nicely developed lands around, and soon I had the advantage in center. Gratis did well in holding off Squeegie, and he could contribute to the demise of Oscuro. Jaelita was no match for ghost. In turn 31, south conceded.

Attachments: GraEmpGho_SquOscJae.jpg (286.7 KB)  
Date: September 08, 2010 07:37PM

Ulster (hst) - Saxony (empError) - Muscovy (kreatora3)
vs.
Grenada (ALT) - Roma (Rex) - Nicaea (KrazyKat)

Rex had many developed lands around. I chose to focus on development. Hst did well in the west, and he could assist me a bit around Burgundy, while holding off ALT. In the east, scores between kreatora and Krazykat were about even, and I worried about the kreatora's prospects, as KrazyKat could still take one or two backlands. By taking Dalmatia, I posed a threat on KrazyKat. I got most first turns, sometimes even all moves before Rex's, and consequently I dominated the center. ALT had to come my way to help Rex out, which made hst as strong as ALT. Kreatora was getting a huge advantage in the east now, and he sent a large army to Napoli, while I besieged Roma from the north. Our combined attack lead to the fall of Roma (to kreatora) in turn 44, when south conceded.

Attachments: hstEmpkre_ALTrexKrK.jpg (290.3 KB)  
Date: September 09, 2010 07:16PM

Ulster (empError) - Saxony (?/Squeegie) - Ukraine (evilduck)
vs.
Grenada (juanV8) - Corsica (d4vej) - Nicaea (Ozan/sixamplayer)

I had a 30k developed Wales, a developed England, and a nice Scotland (40k or so) near me, but juanV8's lands were even better. My start was poor, with Wales and Scotland building troops, and later Wales revolting. By turn 5, juanv8 was in Brittany, and by turn 7 he had England. I believe Squeegie soon substituted for someone in Saxony, but I'm not sure of it. He took England, and later occupied a fort in Normandy for a long time, giving me time to develop. Ozan kept up with evilduck, partly because he took backlands up to Tripoli, leaving little for d4vej. Ozan left, and 6am substituted there, leading to a south advantage in the east. After a comment by Squeegie that duck shouldn't buy in Finland, but at the front, evilduck lost at least three lands where he bought a farm, 11 troops, and development. North looked in poor shape by then. Then, Squeegie gathered a large (100+) force in Helvetica, which was not anticipated by the southern players, and they hardly had the means to stop it. Squeegie took Corsica in winter, but it was retaken by d4vej. Things looked a bit in north's advantage then. 6amplayer quit or d/c'd, and north was declared the victor a few turns later, turn 40.

Attachments: empSquEvd_jV8d4vjOza.jpg (285.7 KB)  
Date: September 09, 2010 07:23PM

Ulster (empError) - Saxony (Comnenus) - Muscovy (KrazyKat)
vs.
Grenada (JuanV8) - Corsica (JeePee) - Nicaea (dannyray)

JeePee soon put pressure on Comnenus, and danny did the same to KrazyKat. The situation looked lost for north already, but KrazyKat got Russia under control, and Comnenus not only got control of Germany, he suddenly was putting pressure on JeePee. But dannyray was in control of the Balcans, and he kept sending armies in Saxony's direction, so that Comnenus was again under pressure. I could hold off JuanV8 for the moment, with UK and Flanders advanced, although a look at the scores learnt that JuanV8 would eventually get the advantage.

By turn 40, Saxony fell, and Comnenus was obliterated. With Corsica and Grenada AIs, we played a few more turns before I took the screenshot.

Attachments: empComnKrK_jV8JPdray.jpg (284.4 KB)  
Posted by: sixamplayer ()
Date: September 09, 2010 08:11PM

in reference to the post 2 up where i subbed for Ozan when he left. i d/c'd and couldn't get back on. only found out after the fact that my internet provider is doing some "necessary upgrades" to my area over the next couple of weeks. so in the next couple weeks if i am playing and disappear without returning within a few seconds assume i can't get back on.

Date: September 09, 2010 08:35PM

Ulster (Scientist) - Saxony (Comnenus) - Ukraine (Guan Sheng)
vs.
Grenada (juanV8) - Roma (empError) - Nicaea (madman)

The game was decided in the center, where Comnenus had attractive lands in Rhineland and Hanover, but both were building troops, and caused Comnenus trouble when trying to get at them. I had several less troubling developed lands around, so soon I was all over Germany, and north conceded turn 12.

Attachments: SciComnGSh_jV8empMad.jpg (285.3 KB)  
Date: September 09, 2010 08:44PM

Ulster (madman) - Hanover (KeyserSoze) - Ukraine (Guan Sheng)
vs.
Grenada (juanV8) - Corsica (empError) - Nicaea (Comnenus)

KeyserSoze expanded fast, to central European lands that just did not produce 1 army per turn, like 20k developed. I leaned back, counting on development and a late south advantage. But Guan Sheng was all over the Balcans, including Byzantium and Macedonia, from the beginning. He grew incredibly big, and soon was harassing me too. JuanV8 was also doing well, but not nearly as good as Guan.
Around turn 36, Nicaea fell. A few turns later, juanV8 could take Hanover, but his force was cut by madman, and Soze could re-capture his cap, while Comnenus had no chance of taking his.

We played on for a few more turns, then south conceded.

Attachments: madSozGSh_jV8empComn.jpg (275 KB)  
Date: September 11, 2010 05:45AM

Ulster (Rex) - Saxony (ghost) - Muscovy (six)
vs.
Grenada (KrazyKat) - Roma (madman) - Crete (empError)

Ghost soon developed an advantage in the center. I got to a fort in Bulgaria before six. I got some first (and second) moves, and ratios that were just good enough to roam six's lands for a while, buying me time to advance Greece, Nicaea, Byzantium, and Natolia. Ghost came down to Dalmatia and Macedonia, leading to the fall of Bulgaria's fort. Pressure on madman and me was increasing. KrazyKat had the advantage in the west, however.

Now I don't recall the exact order of the following events (game was played yesterday). I believe first ghost took Roma. Then madman took Saxony, while Roma was still occupied. Saxony was recaptured by ghost, but then KrazyKat took it, and again it was re-captured. Six took Crete, just before turn 40, but I could re-capture. Madman managed to get Roma back for a few turns, but then six took it. South's hope was now on KrazyKat. He got 30 armies cut in Northumberland, turn 44. He raised some huge armies, but in turn 48 Rex retreated from England, so that KrazyKat could not afford his troops. I believe it was 148 armies being cut to 29 or so? In any case, that was enough for south to concede.

Attachments: RexGhoSix_KrKmadEmp.jpg (289.3 KB)  
Pages: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 25 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.