Gamers' Lounge :  Conqueror! Forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 26 of 29
Re: --- Results 3v3 ---
Posted by: empError ()
Date: September 11, 2010 12:52PM

Ulster (llib) - Saxony (spoxy) - Lithuania (airmidlein)
vs.
Grenada (nosy) - Roma (empError) - Nicaea (evilduck)

spoxy had an early advantage on me, and evilduck and spoxy fought quite a lot around Dalmatia. Still I felt quite some pressure on Venetia. But once I had advanced a few lands, I could take spoxy's front, and now he was under pressure. Evilduck had managed to keep airmidlein at bay, and he was at least as strong. Nosy (==JuanV8) was getting a good advantage in the west. Pressure on Saxony rose. I got a d/c, and when I came back, the game had ended, presumably with north conceding. Because airmidlein was still in the game, I could take the screenshot anyway.

Attachments: llibSpxAirm_nosyEmpEvd.jpg (285.8 KB)  
Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 11, 2010 07:35PM

Ulster (hst) - Hanover (empError) - Lithuania (evilduck)
vs.
Grenada (nosy) - Roma (ephedrine) - Nicaea (KeyserSoze)

At the start, Soze seemed much more powerful than evilduck, and Soze reached towards Hungary, where he confronted me before duck. Ephedrine got an advantage over me in the center. Evilduck engaged with Soze, and once he got hold of a fort in Bulgaria, Soze was under heavy pressure. Hst kept sending troops towards Roma, which helped relieve the pressure for me, although I could not take over the initiative. I did manage to advance a couple of countries around my cap, however. As the game progressed, nosy was also getting an advantage over hst, and England fell regularly. nosy had some large armies roaming about, but I could raise enough to resist them. Evilduck, on the other hand, threatened Roma through Napoli multiple times, and on one early occasion, duck pushed through until Tunis. Pressure on ephedrine became severe, while hst and me managed, and Soze was restricted to battling for Macedonia, for the most part.

A climax arose when both hst and nosy amassed a large army, of about 160 troops. These passed each other by, nosy's entering England, hst's entering Gascony. I tried to cut nosy by taking Normandy, but this did not suffice, as nosy could capture Brittany. Hst took both Castile and Aragon from Gascony, however, so that the cut was realized, and many of nosy's armies were lost. So were hst's, as nosy had France. South conceded then, in turn 45.

Attachments: hstEmpEvd_nosyEphSoz.jpg (296.9 KB)  
Date: September 12, 2010 11:27AM

Ulster (MrScientist) - Saxony (kreatora3) - Muscovy (Arpad)
vs.
Aragon (LeRes) - Roma (empError) - Nicaea (Zenn-Lavian)

kreatora had a troublesome start, and I soon invaded his lands Luxembourg and Rhineland. Despite the pressure, kreatora started advancing Saxony. MrScientist came with some troops to Normandy/Flanders. Kreatora advanced, but after an attack in the previous turn, he had only 1 army in Saxony. With first turn, I could take Saxony 3:1. Krea got it back in winter, but in turn 13, I wiped out all his lands, ending the game.

Arpad and ZL just met at that point.

Attachments: SciKreArp_ResEmpZL.jpg (278 KB)  
Date: September 12, 2010 02:16PM

Ulster (Arpad) - Hanover (empError) - Ukraine (LeRes)
vs.
Grenada (nosy) - Roma (kreatora3) - Nicaea (evilduck)

I think I got some advantage over kreatora. But the game was dominated by LeRes, who got hold of a fort in Bulgaria, from where he took Macedonia regularly, to invade Italy from the south.
Nosy got a bit strong in the west, but not nearly as strong as LeRes. In turn 22, south conceded.

Attachments: ArpEmpRes_nosyKreEvd.jpg (290.2 KB)  
Date: September 12, 2010 02:24PM

Ulster (Arpad) - Saxony (empError) - Podolia (LeRes)
vs.
Grenada (craig) - Roma (ephedrine) - Nicaea (kreatora3)

Ephedrine soon had Genoa and Venetia developed, or they were from the start and I failed to notice. The game in center was fairly balanced in the beginning, nevertheless. Arpad got the better of craig, and Spain was invaded regularly. LeRes had trouble exploiting the advantage of Podolia, and the game seemed fairly balanced in the east. Everyone stuck mostly to his own opponent.
I developed an advantage over ephedrine, I think just thanks to some counters that ephe did not expect. When he started advancing his cap, I invaded Genoa and Venetia regularly. Ephe made some risky attacks from his cap. After advancing, he made one such attack on Genoa, from which I countered in turn 27. Roma fell and the game was ended.

Attachments: ArpEmpRes_craigEphKre.jpg (284.9 KB)  
Date: September 13, 2010 02:43PM

A tournament game:

Ulster (JeePee) - Saxony (empError) - Muscovy (six)
vs.
Grenada (LNO) - Roma (Paars) - Nicaea (Gratis)

JeePee had a bad start. I got to a fort in Helv before Paars, which insured me a good defence, with Venetia's 6 local troops. LNO had a bit of luck, pushing JeePee and me back, but then luck turned my way, and I could take Normandy while developing my lands. My pressure on Paars increased, and LNO spent serious efforts in helping him. This helped JeePee get in the game. Six was doing well against Gratis, staying equal in power. Gratis tried to help Paars by attacking Austria and surroundings. Paars got more and more disconnections. LNO substituted as ZoxDaKilla there, but still Paars occasionally missed an entire turn. Also my luck was amazing at times, me winning battles when attacking with a minority on several occasions. Also, I had most first turns, and sometimes all five turns before Paars and LNO. Exceptions were two of my cap attempts at Roma. Six was now also getting the upper hand in the east, controlling a fort in Bulgaria, pushing into Macedonia, and sometimes Napoli. After another d/c, Paars found himself with negative gold, which persisted when he quit and re-entered the game.

Soon I could snatch Roma, ending the game in turn 47.

Attachments: JPempSix_LNOpaarsGratis.jpg (298 KB)  
Date: September 13, 2010 02:59PM

The re-match for the above tournament game, also for the tournament:

Ulster (Gratis) - Saxony (Paars) - Muscovy (LNO)
vs.
Grenada (six) - Corsica (empError) - Nicaea (JeePee)

LNO started in Saxony, while Paars was changing his wireless connection to a more stable wireless-less connection. Saxony knew a fast expansion, while I was confronted with Roma building up to 6 armies, which also gave much resistance. Gratis was blessed with developed lands in Scotland, Norway, England, Flanders, and Normandy, leaving six little chance. Paars got control of a 50k developed Helvetica. While I tried to get to this land, and JeePee was fighting Paars around Austria, Paars advanced Sax before I had even started advancing. Soon Paars had heavy pressure on me. I managed to advance, though, but I was left with only 5 lands, while LNO and Gratis had multiple lands advanced by that time. LNO got hold of a fort in Bulgaria, which he quickly advanced. Gratis advanced up to Burgundy, and Paars must have bought adv in Helv. The situation was hopeless for south. Paars and Gratis had multiple attempts at Corsica, but every time six got first turn to take out some dozens of the attacking forces, which helped me survive a little longer. LNO came in through Napoli, while he raised a massive force aimed at Nicaea. Nicaea fell in turn 32, ending the game.

Attachments: GraPrsLNO_sixEmpJP.jpg (288.2 KB)  
Posted by: Paars ()
Date: September 13, 2010 03:46PM

Small change, I changed from wireless to wired connection ;).

Date: September 13, 2010 05:09PM

Ulster (six) - Saxony (JeePee) - Muscovy (Rex)
vs.
Grenada (Oz) - Corsica (hst) - Nicaea (empError)

Oz had a bad start. Six got to a fort in Aquitaine before Oz. This fort hampered Oz's expansion, although Oz built up enough troops to take it without too many losses. JeePee got the advantage in the center, and hst was soon under pressure. I helped out a bit around Austria, but the pressure remained for quite some time. By the time hst grew stronger than JeePee, Rex had also grown over me. I feared being overrun then, but things turned out alright, and I could advance Greece, Byz and Macedonia in time, and get a keep in Serbia, to resist Rex's attacks. We remained quite in balance overall, while hst had now a steadily growing advantage. Oz had become strong by now, and he raised an army of 128, I believe, in Normandy. This was enough to take Saxony in the winter of turn 36, escaping six's attack on Lux by first turn. This ended the game in south's favor.

Attachments: sixJPrex_OzHstEmp.jpg (283.4 KB)  
Date: September 13, 2010 06:02PM

Ulster (nosy) - Saxony (JeePee) - Muscovy (six)
vs.
Grenada (spoxy) - Corsica (madman) - Nicaea (empError)

While six and me were having some fun with forts in Wallachia and Moldavia, JeePee developed a massive advantage versus madman, too early in the game for me to help. Nosy tried to help out a bit, but in turn 11 Corsica fell, and south conceded. The turn after, JeePee wiped out madman's remaining countries. Some AI moves had taken place before the screenshot was taken.

Attachments: nosyJPsix_spoxyMadEmp.jpg (283.3 KB)  
Date: September 14, 2010 07:47PM

Ulster (Rex) - Saxony (JeePee) - Muscovy (kreatora3)
vs.
Grenada (nosy) - Roma (empError) - Nicaea (ghost)

Helped by a 30k dev Bohemia, JeePee developed an advantage over me. By turn 12, he had more troops in Genoa than I could muster in total, although I had Corsica and Napoli developed by then. Nosy offered to help, but I told him to focus on England and maybe take Provence. Ghost helped by attacking Venetia through Dalmatia, which saved Roma from falling once. Kreatora got the advantage in the east. Nosy stayed on top in the west. By turn 26, Roma fell, and south conceded.

Attachments: RexJPKre_nosEmpGho.jpg (292.5 KB)  
Date: September 14, 2010 08:01PM

Ulster (hst) - Saxony (Rex) - Lithuania (Wanderer)
vs.
Grenada (nosy) - Corsica (empError) - Nicaea (gun)

South's starts were a bit cumbersome, but after the first year things equalized. Rex took Genoa while it was finishing development. Nosy helped me a bit in my fight against Rex. developments was about equal between me and Rex. Hst got a slight advantage over nosy. Wanderer got a major advantage over gun, invading Bulgaria and Macedonia.

When I got to Helvetica, I thought south's late advantage would take effect, and I would start pushing Rex back. But the opposite happened. Rex pushed me back, and he took Roma when it was finishing advancement. I lost my front lands, and Wanderer took Napoli while it was finishing advancement. South conceded then.

Attachments: hstRexWand_nosyEmpGun.jpg (293.1 KB)  
Date: September 17, 2010 07:40PM

Ulster (Dejavu) - Hanover (empError) - Muscovy (axelsad)
vs.
Grenada (dannyray) - Roma (JeePee) - Nicaea (Malakira)

The battle in center went back and forth according to luck, in the beginning. Dejavu had a good run through dannyray's French lands, and Spain was threatened early on. For a long time, Dejavu held out very well. Malakira moved up to Dalmatia, assisting JeePee in his fight against me. Eventually, my forces gave way to those of JeePee and Malakira. Malakira also roamed Russia, and in turn 29 he took Muscovy. He got another opportunity for Muscovy in a winter, turn 36 I think. But axelsad got first turn, saving his cap. Ulster was now losing its grip on England. In turn 38, north conceded.

Attachments: DvEmpaxl_drayJPmal.jpg (290.5 KB)  
Date: September 17, 2010 09:40PM

Ulster (KrazyKat) - Saxony (axelsad) - Muscovy (MouseGrit)
vs.
Grenada (Malakira) - Roma (empError) - Crete (hst)

I advanced Roma quite early, and axelsad took Venetia during that time, putting some pressure on me. Axelsad advanced Lux, which was developed from the start, and started developing all lands around Saxony. Once Roma was advanced, I could destroy the development in Rhineland. Once axelsad started advancing Saxony, I raised armies in all my front countries, in an attempt to get to Saxony, or at least to put pressure, but I did not get beyond Genoa and Venetia. Malakira held a fort in Ile, KrazyKat another in Normandy. KrazyKat had some good starting lands, such as a +2 England, and developed Flanders and Normandy. KrazyKat developed well, but Mala started putting pressure on England, which would eventually give him the advantage. Hst was doing a terrific job with Crete, holding off Mousegrit, and only occasionally losing Macedonia. He seemed to be helped by many first turns.

As the game progressed, I developed a decided advantage over axelsad, who left and was replaced by IzzleKizzle for the last turns. I think we were between turn 32 and 40 when north conceded.

I got disconnected then, so there is no screenshot this time.

Date: September 19, 2010 12:41PM

Ulster (hst) - Hanover (ibg/footsoldier/JeePee) - Lithuania (kreatora3)
vs.
Grenada (nosy) -Roma (gun) - Nicaea (empError)

Gun got some early pressure on ibg, who soon left for footsoldier. Hst got many troops past nosy's armies at Ile, helped by first turns. Eventually, this diminished gun's advantage. JeePee substituted for footsoldier, and soon the roles in the center were reversed, with pressure being on gun now. Nosy seemed to have no or little advantage over hst, lands in UK farming till 100k. In the east, the situation was in balance. I sent a party of about 40 armies towards JeePee, but now kreatora was getting control over the Balcans. Gun seemed to recover a bit, getting even with JeePee in the score. But although nosy was about equal to hst in the score, when in control of Ile, hst dominated in the west. Kreatora was now intruding into Macedonia, Byzantium, and Napoli. This situation stayed for a while, until in turn 62 or so, kreatora took Nicaea. I could take it back in autum, but lost it again. South conceded in turn 65.

Attachments: hstIbgKre_nosyGunEmp.jpg (297.4 KB)  
Date: September 19, 2010 12:54PM

Ulster (hst) - Saxony (IceQueen) - Lithuania (nosy)
vs.
Grenada (kreatora3) - Roma (empError) - Nicaea (ghost)

hst had a bit of a slow start. IceQueen took Austria, which built an army per turn, and moved forward into Venetia, while I was advancing Roma. Luckily for me, Austria revolted, and I had Roma advanced while Saxony had not started advancing yet. Kreatora got a good grip on France, and he helped putting pressure on Ice by attacking Lux and Holland, while I attacked Rhineland and Bohemia. Ghost also helped by confronting Ice's troops in Hungary and Bohemia. Nosy put some pressure on Macedonia, but when ghost had the backlands advanced, nosy was pushed back.
Kreatora dominated in the west, where England fell regularly. Saxony, Brandenburg, Hanover, Denmark, and Sweden got advanced, but Ice got little chance to develop the other lands around Saxony. By turn 36, north conceded.

Attachments: hstIceNosy_kreaEmpGho.jpg (292 KB)  
Date: September 19, 2010 03:25PM

Ulster (IceQueen) - Saxony (empError) - Muscovy (kreatora3)
vs.
Grenada (Malakira) - Roma (jenny) - Nicaea (ElCid)

Jenny had a dev +2 Genoa. I had developed lands in Holland and Hanover, but while they were being rebellious and not very useful, jenny put high pressure on me, certainly after I wasted most of my forces on a fort in Burg. IceQueen helped out at Luxembourg, but the pressure remained. Jenny took all her backlands and advanced Genoa. Kreatora had done good at the start, moving up to Dalmatia, but now ElCid was taking control of the Balcans, and intruding into Russia. Ice was still good, on top of the score even, but north conceded in turn 27.

Attachments: IceEmpKre_MalJenCid.jpg (288.4 KB)  
Date: September 20, 2010 06:24PM

Ulster (Malakira) - Hanover (empError) - Ukraine (Anne)
vs.
Grenada (nosy) - Roma (gun) - Nicaea (uthhsis)

Mala and me were fighting a fierce battle with nosy and gun. Although we did well, it seemed to me that south would gradually gain the advantage. But the battle was decided in the east, where uthhsis advanced Macedonia, and developed many other lands, while Anne farmed Ukraine to 80, and seemed to do little development. In turn 25, Ukraine fell, and north conceded.

Attachments: MalEmpAnne_nosyGunUth.jpg (280.8 KB)  
Date: September 20, 2010 06:32PM

Ulster (Jaelito) - Hanover (yeord) - Lithuania (KrazyKat)
vs.
Grenada (Hispano) - Corsica (Malakira) - Nicaea (empError)

KrazyKat and me fought a good battle, with us both advancing at a similar pace. I seemed to get the advantage. yeord proved to be no match for Malakira. He interfered with our battle in the east, where yeord killed more of KrazyKat's armies than of mine. Hispano was also running over the UK. In turn 34, north conceded, with Jaelito close to annihilation, and yeord just a few turns away from losing cap.

Attachments: JaeYeordKrK_HispMalEmp.jpg (279.3 KB)  
Date: October 03, 2010 04:31AM

Ulster (paraxotine) - Hanover (JeePee) - Lithuania (pokefan68)
vs.
Portugal (myopia) - Corsica (Vox) - Nicaea (empError)

Vox was soon up against both JeePee and paraxotine. Myopia soon moved up to Aquitaine to alleviate pressure from paraxotine. There was one crucial turn where Vox got first turns over paraxotine, so that he could maintain the lands in front of Corsica (Provence and Genoa). Pokefan was probably developing too much, as I could run over his lands, while advancing Nicaea. Pokefan did not even attempt to advance Lithuania, but most of his other lands got developed.

By turn 22, myopia was getting into England, the battle in center seemed quite balanced, and I had an opportunity for an empty Lithuania. North conceded then.

Attachments: pxtJPpf_myoVoxEmp.jpg (291.1 KB)  
Pages: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 26 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.