Gamers' Lounge :  Conqueror! Forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 29
Re: --- Results 3v3 ---
Posted by: empError ()
Date: May 07, 2009 06:35PM

Ulster (Squeegie) - Hanover (Adriano) - Lithuania (DarkOrbit/Master)
vs.
Castile (froggster) - Corsica (Rex) - Nicaea (empError)

froggster's first team game. North was winning on all front's, although I was happy to resist master quite well. Not sure he gave it his max.

South conceded, I guess around turn 30.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 08, 2009 02:51PM

Ulster (jbf) - Saxony (Sargon/chr1sbean) - Muscovy (IzzleKizzle)
vs.
Portugal (Schopenhauer/Xuul) - Corsica (empError) - Nicaea (Noble)

Interesting game. Noble helped me a bit vs. Sargon, I helped Schop/Xuul a bit. Jbf kept annoying me, while holding off Sargon and later Xuul. Izzle got the better of Noble, and from around turn 30 pressure on the rest of south started to grow. Turn 41 Corsica fell, and south conceded.

Date: May 08, 2009 02:52PM

**Correction: jbf held off Schopenhauer, not Sargon.**

Posted by: Tiffany ()
Date: May 08, 2009 03:54PM

With all your great statistics Emp you could set a points system and work out the best 3 v 3 players.

Might i suggest, feel free to disagree...

2 points for being the middle player of a winning side.
1 point for the side players of a winning side.
3 points for taking a Capital.

To think, you could go some way to stealing Rippe's thunder with just a calculator.
:-)

Posted by: Hubic Hair ()
Date: May 08, 2009 04:04PM

Please lets not do this because it will mean good players will stack against bad players to get easy points, it makes for bad games. It is already a bit like that to be honest...not naming any names...

Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: May 08, 2009 04:24PM

I must agree.. Always advantages and disadvantages.. And luck.. so no "who is better than who". Mostly because i will be in the bottom.

Date: May 08, 2009 05:03PM

Ulster (jbf) - Saxony (empError) - Muscovy (Natty)
vs.
Grenada (ghost) - Corsica (lno) - Nicaea (Noble)

I started off great, pushing lno back through Austria. Felt confident enough to start advancing. I took a fort in Burgundy with 7, of which only 1 survived (vs 2 local armies, I think, or maybe 1), so lno could easily take that the next turn, as I had no backup. A bit later, I again lost many troops versus only a few of lno's in Burg. I was pushed back, and made a mistake, when lno attacked Rhineland from both Burg and Austria, which I did not anticipate. He ended up with 2 armies there, and I left only 1 behind in Sax, which fell next turn. Turn 18 that was. I had to cancel development in the surrounding lands, and conceded. Natty was also under pressure.

Date: May 08, 2009 05:10PM

Ulster (Blow/Kenjii) - Saxony (empError) - Ukraine (jbf/Sargon)
vs.
Castile (6amplayer) - Corsica (King_Kent) - Nicaea (Adrien)

Start was similar as in previous game, me pushing through Austria. Ukraine was under heavy pressure from Adrien. Jbf was replaced by Sargon in a turn when Ukraine fell, but Sargon nicely recovered. Kenjii was holding out great from UK. I had extremely good ratios, and quite a lot of first turns, so I could push King_Kent back to his cap, and annoy Adrien at the same time. In turn 31, Adrien gave up and quit, understandably.

Date: May 08, 2009 05:25PM

And let me add an oldie, from the times of the money-bug:

This was an east vs west game, one of the first times I met DirtyHarry.

Norway (DirtyHarry) vs Muscovy (hst, I think it was)
Flanders (empError) vs Transylvania (tinky_winky, or tiny-dancer)
Tangiers (Paars) vs Palestine (Master)

Throughout most of the game, Paars and Master had their private war down south, through Africa and Napoli. Hst and Harry were basically clashing in Scandinavia, while me and tin.. had a bit of free play. I had the better of the game in the center, but harry could not hold out against the rising pressure from hst, and it became apparent that it would be a race who would knock down his opponent first, hst or me. After one or two missed cap-chances, I was thrown back, and not much later Norway fell. hst pushed further into UK, where I could protect Harry, without his cap, for many turns. I was also pushed back however. Down south, Paars had gotten the better of the game, and he supported through Venice and Helv/Austria, allowing me to develop a bit. A bit later, pressure from hst and tin.. became pressing, and I decided to switch all development to troops. I think that by that time Harry had gotten his cap back. I became surprisingly strong, and could not only defend, but also push back tin.., and even got his cap, ending the game.

A stunning game it was, but in hindsight, I had inadvertently made use of the money-bug, of which I had heard, but of which I didn't know it's nature. By switching development to troops and buying as many troops as I could, I probably got loads of money refunded the next turn.

Posted by: ghost. ()
Date: May 08, 2009 05:35PM

new 3v3

ulster-natty, saxony-rex, muscovy-hubert

grenade-noble, corsica-kobra, niceae-ghost

south concede about turn 40 as noble was in northumberland, kobra was in lux but i was all the way back in bulgaria. Was a gg no cap fell but 2 would have done in the next 5 or 6 turns.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2009 05:44PM by ghost..

Date: May 08, 2009 07:13PM

I think you mean north concede, ghost?

Anyway. another one:

Ulster (empError) - Hanover (6amplayer) - Lithuania (Sasori)
vs.
Grenada (Kobra) - Rome (Hubert) - Nicaea (Kenjii)

At turn 7, Kobra put pressure on England, preventing me from advancing for a while. 6am soon was under pressure too. Only Sasori more or less held up versus Kenjii, although Kenjii had all of the Balcans, up till Hungary, most of the time from turn 13 on. We had occasional progress, probably because of developmental priorities by our opponents. Turn 31 north conceded.

Date: May 08, 2009 08:27PM

Ulster (froggster) - Saxony (6amplayer) - Muscovy (empError)
vs.
Grenada (reeperbot) - Roma (Britus) - Nicaea (Scum)

Saxony was pretty much under pressure from the start. Scum also put early pressure on me, but that resolved, maybe because of lucky dice, and from then I put pressure on Scum. 6am also managed to come out of his shell, and took up the defence of Hungary against Scum. While west and center stayed vulnerable, I regularly took Macedonia and Byzantium. In turn 30 Scum gave up and left the game, although I think south still had a decent chance. That was the end of it.

Posted by: ghost. ()
Date: May 10, 2009 12:11PM

ghost. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> new 3v3
>
> ulster-natty, saxony-rex, muscovy-hubert
>
> grenade-noble, corsica-kobra, niceae-ghost
>
> south concede about turn 40 as noble was in
> northumberland, kobra was in lux but i was all the
> way back in bulgaria. Was a gg no cap fell but 2
> would have done in the next 5 or 6 turns.

Yer sorry north concede but i'm sure you all noticed my mistake anyway

Date: May 12, 2009 01:18PM

Wales (smoke) - Denmark (Kobra) - Ukraine (Schopenhauer/kalle)
vs.
Castile (jbf) - Roma (empError) - Nicaea (IceQueen)

As Kobra was a bit back, I assisted my flanks, by taking a fort in Hungary, threatening Poland, and at times taking a fort in Normandy, bugging England. Kobra advanced well. Schopenhauer felt too much bugged, and he left. Kalle took over, and the game was interesting. After a while, it became apparent that jbf was getting the better of smoke. Turn 37 or so, he survived an attack on his cap, but soon after that he left, because it was clear jbf would take it soon. In turn 40 it indeed fell.

Date: May 12, 2009 02:46PM

Ulster (Kobra) - Saxony (6amplayer) - Muscovy (empError)
vs.
Grenada (xxx-ECO-xxx) - Corsica (osetsky) - Nicaea (Scum)

Scum pushed forward rapidly, and took a fort in Moldavia, that I had decimated for him. At some point I ventured an attack at Moldavia, and what I feared happened: he counterattacked at Ukraine, with all 13, while I could only bring two to Muscovy. Turn 15 Muscovy fell. Two turns later, I had it back, so we tried to make the best of the game. Scum now put pressure on 6am, with osetsky, and he soon was driven back to his cap. I could recover well enough to defend Moldavia and Poland, in the meantime. Kobra did well in the west, and could help 6am. Pressure kept building up, and in turn 40 Saxony fell, ending the game.

Date: May 12, 2009 06:30PM

Two bad games for me. First one:
Ulster (6amplayer) - Hanover (osetsky) - Lithuania (Kobra)
vs.
Grenada (Vindicate) - Corsica (empError) - Nicaea (GottMenschen)

osetsky developed much more than I did, and took my cap around turn 46. Vindicate helped a bit, but not nearly enough.

Date: May 12, 2009 06:37PM

The other one:

Ulster (Gazi) - Saxony (empError) - Muscovy (nen)
vs.
Grenada (smoke) - Roma (Kenjii) - Nicaea (Noble)

I had a pretty bad start here, but got back in the game, after Kenjii wasted some of his efforts on England. Turn 16 I left my cap empty, as Lux had 1 army more than Burgundy, and I left them there. Kenjii attacked Lux, however, and had 2 armies marching into Saxony turn 17. I took it back, and still was in the game, but after losing a fort in Austria, I came under heavy pressure. Smoke was slowly getting the better of Gazi. Nen did well, though, and had the potential to save the game for north. He marched 80+ armies into Byz in winter, surely enough to take Nicaea, but got cut off. Around turn 40 Gazi left, and little later north conceded.

Date: May 13, 2009 05:07PM

Ulster (6amplayer) - Saxony (Kobra) - Muscovy (empError)
vs.
Grenada (lupas56/acro) - Roma (osetsky) - Nicaea (Noble)

Grenada had a bad start, and Roma was harassed by rebellions, leading to an early advantage for north. South managed to stay alive until turn 31, when Corsica fell.

Date: May 13, 2009 05:11PM

Ulster (acro) - Hanover (Xuul) - Ukraine (IzzleKizzle)
vs.
Castile (Effer/osetsky) - Corsica (Kobra) - Nicaea (empError)

Really interesting game, that was quite balanced for a long time. Kobra gave just enough assistence to me, to hold off Izzle, and as the game progressed, south got an advantage in west and center. I think it was between turns 50 and 60 that north conceded, also because Izzle had to leave.

Posted by: MrScientist ()
Date: May 14, 2009 04:01PM

Ulster (Xerxes) - Hanover (LNO / Commenus) - Lithuania (Hubert /Oz)

Kobra (Granada) - Rome (Neo) - Niceau (scum)

After almost conceding the first turn because of Norths countries, south has a good start. Still Hubert grows stronger and stronger. A few times Niceae and
Rome are about to fall but they survive. Play goes back and forth a while, but
south eventually grows too strong. North concedes turn 89.

Pages: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.