Gamers' Lounge :  Conqueror! Forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 29
Re: --- Results 3v3 ---
Posted by: Hubic Hair ()
Date: June 22, 2009 01:27PM

You're all making a error in logic.

To avoid bias all players were equal on page 1 post 1. Therefore the list might look odd now, because it has been made based only on the evidence in this thread. So many of you discredit it because players you think are better than others are low down. You all have to remember most players have only played 5 or 6 games making the list statistically insignificant at the moment. Wait till people have more games under their belt before concluding ANYTHING.

Also, it does not matter if people took bad starting lands or not, it matters if your team won. And in the case of good players ganging up on worse ones, that would mean small points for a win and a huge loss of points for a loss so it would not pay off.

Over the long run the list will stabilise because luck, teams, and the force will balance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: acro ()
Date: June 22, 2009 01:47PM

Hubert, the effect of luck will obviously tend to zero after a large number of games, but the same cannot be said about decisions to pick the worse team. What I would hate to happen is for people to pay too much attention to such a list and then try to avoid weaker sides of biased maps, even though those games are sometimes the most fun.

Date: June 22, 2009 02:16PM

I don't see a danger of people taking this list very seriously. Seeing as the team-playing community is perhaps 50 people who play this as some time-wasting fun.

Posted by: acro ()
Date: June 22, 2009 02:19PM

I guess that is probably true, but still some may.

Date: June 22, 2009 02:22PM

Whatever floats their boat.

Posted by: empError ()
Date: June 22, 2009 07:47PM

Norway (master/sixamplayer) vs Lithuania (Scum/master)
Burgundy (empError) vs Macedonia (Hubert)
Grenada (hst) vs Palestine (Paars)

The game started out well for west. I expanded quickly, and when Scum lost connection, master in Norway was outplaying master in Lithuania. Upon Scum's return, master held on to Lithuania, as that seemed the weakest spot, at the time, but this almost instantly changed. Scum lost connection again, soon, and after another double play by master, 6am filled the gap.

The game seemed to get balanced, when I got to fight master in Bohemia. Lithuania + Macedonia seemed about equally strong as Burgundy and Norway. I was pushed back a bit due to lack of first moves. Around turn 30 Paars gathered 200 armies in Tunis, of which many went to Sardinia and Corsica.

Master gained strength in the north, and had a cap attempt at Norway. He kept roaming around Germany, while I was pushed back to the lands around my cap. In turn 40, Burgundy fell, finishing a gg.

Posted by: Master ()
Date: June 22, 2009 09:50PM

One of the best 3vs3 ive had in a long time. Hubert wanted to give up and restart after the first 20 because E was in a very bad position and Emp was all over the place.
However things started to change slowly and Emp lost his cap around turn 38 because of 3vs1 from team E (“the sandwich”).

Why was it a good game? Because it seemed like both teams could have won the game. It was short though. Normally the very good 3vs3s are 70 – 90 turns.

Date: June 22, 2009 10:05PM

I wanted to restart the game when you were in Norway smashing lithuania to bits because I thought a new game would serve us better. When you switched to lithuania yourself and your armies turned into spartans I was all for continuing because I felt I would hold out long enough for said spartans to arrive. I'm sure you would agree that had you stayed in Norway that game would have been over in 20 turns. The big east disadvantage could only be overcome once we had the player advantage.

No offense to HST, Emp and Sixam by the way.

Posted by: Master ()
Date: June 23, 2009 09:57AM

Im not blaming you of anything - it was understandable. It just shows how bad the situation was for E at the time.

Date: June 23, 2009 05:02PM

Ulster (Paars) - Hanover (Kobra) - Muscovy (Oz)
vs.
Portugal (furtz) - Corsica (sixamplayer) - Nicaea (empError)

This seemed like a hopeless case for south, I thought, against the great team up north, and with Portugal for south. Also, Furtz seemed to prefer building up his backlands before his frontlands.

Nevertheless, 6am did great in center, and managed to get Hanover in turn 25 or so. Kobra got it back, and with the help from Paars, the situation balanced a bit in the center-west. In the east I had a good share of luck, and crossed Oz's lines a couple of times, once even reaching Saxony. While Oz was slowly getting stronger than me, furtz was powering up in the west, and managed to capture England, in a crucial winter turn. In the same turn, many of Oz's troops were cut off in Serbia. Sixam again got stronger than Kobra, and in turn 42 north conceded.

Date: June 23, 2009 07:42PM

Ulster (empError) - Saxony (legionary74/Hubert) - Muscovy (tinky_winky)
vs.
Grenada (gun) - Corsica (GENGARIO/Poseidonman) - Nicaea (dannyray/Sargon)

gun was slow to push north, allowing me to help legionary vs. Gengario. Gengario got advanced though, and legionary failed to do so. Meanwhile, tinky_winky was pushing dannyray back to Byz and Mac.

Poseidonman replaced Gengario, and when his troops started to seriously outnumber legionary's, legionary left, saying he g2g. Hubert replaced, but the situation was already hopeless. In turn 25 or 26 Hubert left too, and a turn later Saxony fell, taken by Poseidonman. In the east, Sargon had replaced dannyray, and somehow the situation had turned around there, Nicaea pushing Muscovy back. So it was a clear south win.

Date: June 24, 2009 05:29PM

Ulster (acro) - Hanover (hst) - Muscovy (EffectNCause/Oz)
vs.
Grenada (LaHire) - Corsica (Rex) - Nicaea (empError)

South advantage map, and I chose Nic because I wanted to win this one.

Unfortunately, south was soon losing on all fronts. Hst apparently had better ratios than Rex. LaHire stayed back for a long time, but didn't develop as well as acro, who did not harass Rex as much as he could. ENC expanded way faster than me, and after that got to much better development than I had. Rex's front was just around his cap for much of the time. South conceded in turn 30.

Tinky proudly presents:
Posted by: tinky_winky ()
Date: June 24, 2009 08:54PM

Eire -Squeegie
Saxony - Hubert
Moscovy - Lalo

vs

Grenada - Arf
Roma - Tinky Winky
Niceae - Nen

Straight forward in about 20 turns Tinky took Saxony and Hubert fell, still whining about his bad luck, badlands and bad teammates. CT 2009 next round will probably brings us togheter again Hub. And indeed, the map wasnt in your favour.

PS Hubert strongly insists that he was not whining, only joking. To avoid a law suit due to character murder, I herewith withdraw the phrase whining and strongly recommend every reader to read it as "joking" ;-b.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2009 09:07PM by tinky_winky.

Date: June 24, 2009 09:20PM

Ugg you make me sound like an asshole of adriano-sized proportions. It was a fun game and I don't see what your problem is. When I said it was all my teammates fault I was clearly joking, since they were winning their battles and trying to help me. When in turn 9 my only land rebelled and I was left with just my 40K dev cap against all your dev lands and an advanced cap, I suggested a restart, once. When I got my first 1st turn in turn 18 and you WHINED about it, I apologised for my luck all game and promised to turn off my cheats. All these comments were said in jest, like most of my comments.

Then when I ask if you would mind editing your post since you make me sound like an asshole undeservedly, instead of editing it you point out I asked you to edit it making me sound like I was trying to cover up I was being an asshole. Nice touch.

I badly misjudged you.

Posted by: Paars ()
Date: June 25, 2009 07:01AM

Nice one tw ;)

Posted by: Captain Planet ()
Date: June 25, 2009 08:17AM

175 word long whine to explain how you weren't whining, that's a lot of whining Hubie.

Attachments: Whiner.JPG (35.9 KB)  
Date: June 25, 2009 09:10AM

Anything you can do planet, I can do better.

Attachments: whaaaaambulance_whine.jpg (51.9 KB)  
Posted by: Captain Planet ()
Date: June 25, 2009 10:21AM

Let's just settle this once and for all Hubert. Me and you, you and I, The Planet and the Hubester, right here, right now.

LET'S GET IT ON!!!

Attachments: Showdown.jpg (130 KB)  
Posted by: tinky_winky ()
Date: June 25, 2009 03:58PM

We obviously know you were joking hub, as was I above here. Man, most players know you and will understand I was making a joke about it above here. And so was I with my remark in the play in turn 18. I am really suprised you don't read this between the lines, but well.

You clearly misjudged me indeed if you think I didnt see the disadvantage in the game and if you don't understand I was just joking and having fun with you.

Sigh.....

Date: June 25, 2009 04:26PM

See Tinky I knew you were joking. My point was that it doesnt come over in your post. It made me sound like, for want of a better word, an asshole. I tried telling you this. Then I got pissed. Now you have posted that you were joking. Now I am not pissed. Now we shall meet round the back of the bikesheds for makey-uppy time.

Pages: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.