Gamers' Lounge :  Conqueror! Forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 29
Re: --- Results 3v3 ---
Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: December 02, 2009 10:10AM

You cant kill FoxMcCloud! Trained by me :) and what a crazy map

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: empError ()
Date: December 26, 2009 10:23AM

Played yesterday:

Ulster (Gratis) - Saxony (empError) - Muscovy (sirbela)
vs.
Grenada (gun) - Corsica (Rex) - Nicaea (Resistante)

Rex had an awesome start, taking many lands, and profiting from a developed, +2 Roma. When he started advancing, I tried to put pressure on him, but found myself defending, trying to get a grip on Luxembourg. Gun took England early, in turn 12 or so, but he was quite late at developing Aragon, imo. Once Gratis had control of England, he developed well, and soon he was able to help me against Rex. Sirbela did better than Resistante, and after a while Macedonia was regularly under attack. Sirb also defended Austria, a bit later. Rex had to send large armies into Macedonia to help Resistante. Gratis built up England to 100k, and remained stronger than gun, despite sending large armies into Burgundy and beyond. Thanks to my team (and some 1st turns) I managed to advance my lands. With Gratis holding out well, me getting even with Rex, and sirb increasing pressure on Resistante, south conceded in turn 59/60.

Attachments: GraEmpSirb_gunRexRes.JPG (137.2 KB)  
Date: December 26, 2009 10:37AM

2 days ago:

Northumberland (sirbela) - Brandenburg (ephedrin) - Muscovy (LNO)
vs.
Grenada (tinky_winky) - Corsica (empError) - Nicaea (Vox)

Me and tinky_winky had bad starts. Although ephedrin's development was suboptimal (farming two +2 lands to 80k while developed, and developing most lands pretty late), I had trouble holding on to +2 Venetia (lost it in a turn in which it would develop), and a fort in Helvetica. The fight in the east seemed pretty even for a long time, but eventually LNO gained the advantage, possibly because Byzantium advanced late. They mostly fought their own battle. Sirbela kept the advantage in the west from the beginning, and started bugging me more and more, preventing me from getting an advantage over ephedrin. With both tinky and Vox down, and me equal to eph, at best, south conceded in turn 37.

Attachments: sirbEphLNO_TwEmpVox.JPG (126.1 KB)  
Date: December 26, 2009 10:49AM

2 days ago, just before the previously reported battle:

Ulster (empError) - Hanover (sirbela) - Lithuania (ephedrin)
vs.
Castile (tinky_winky) - Roma (Vox) - Nicaea (Red)

Vox had a better start than sirbela, and stayed in the lead from the beginning. I tried my luck at attacking Castile early, but after some initial success, England was lost early on. So north's hope was on ephedrin, who had some advantage early on. Red took over the advantage there after a while, however, with the help of Vox, and helped by suboptimal development on ephedrin's part. Turn 32, north conceded.

Attachments: empSirbEph_TwVoxRed.JPG (140.7 KB)  
Date: December 28, 2009 06:47PM

Ulster (Gratis) - Saxony (empError) - Lithuania (hst)
vs.
Castile (Rex) - Roma (ghost) - Nicaea (LaHire)

Rex and hst had better starts than the rest of us. Rex and ghost gave me lots of trouble early in the game, but I held out until Gratis had England advanced and confronted Rex. Only then I advanced Saxony, and then held out despite ghost having about 10 more pop throughout most of the game. Hst had the better in the east, and helped a lot by taking Austria and the Balcans, sometimes a bit more. Rex was getting stronger in the west, though, and the pressure was on England always. I survived three cap attempts by ghost, before he finally took Saxony in turn 60.

Good game, where I felt we had a chance still, till the end.

Attachments: GraEmpHst_RexGhoLah.JPG (137.7 KB)  
Date: December 30, 2009 03:35PM

Didn't post for a while. Here come a few in reverse order:

Ulster (Rex) - Saxony (empError) - Podolia (hst)
vs.
Grenada (tinky_winky) - Corsica (master) - Nicaea (Ghost)

With a dev+2 in Genoa, Master soon had me under pressure, despite devs in Brand and Hungary. Rex started out well in England, but master interfered by taking England there. Hst was strong in the east, and provided good opposition to master, while keeping ghost under control. At some point, while north seemed to recover, in a spring around turn 28, I was talking/whispering too much, and got only two moves in, and did not change production to armies. Master took Saxony the next turn. I could easily get it back, but my position was weak again. In the west, tinky now had a definite advantage, and hst would need a lot of time to get ghost down. Tinky and master both came toward Saxony with a force that I would not be able to handle, so in turn 37, north conceded.

Attachments: RexEmpHst_TWmasGho.JPG (138.3 KB)  
Date: December 30, 2009 03:44PM

A day earlier:

Ulster (hst) vs Lithuania (creed)
Burgundy (empError) vs Serbia (master)
Grenada (sirbela) vs Palestine (DirtyHarry)

Master expanded faster than me. We battled in the center for a somewhat attractive Austria, which I felt I would lose because of master's surplus in lands. I let master steer an army through Rhineland and Luxembourg, 10k lands, in order to get first move, but that army defeated an army in my cap, in turn 8 I think, after which the front moved from Austria to Helvetica.

Sirbela had moved up till Tunis, when Algiers revolted in winter, leading to a cutoff - I missed how many armies, leading to a south advantage, at least temporarily, for Harry.

Hst was doing pretty well in the north, but could not prevent master from taking my lands. In turn 20/21, west gave up.

Attachments: hstEmpSirb_creMasDH.JPG (133.1 KB)  
Date: December 30, 2009 03:56PM

Ulster (DirtyHarry) - Saxony (empError) - Lithuania (master)
vs.
Castile (Gratis) - Roma (creed) - Nicaea (sirbela)

Many attractive lands were present in central Europe: Burgundy, Austria, and to some extent Helvetica were good with +s and development. I went straight for Helv, and got to dev+2 Genoa, from where I was lucky in taking Venetia, where 2 armies had been bought by creed. Confident that I'd retain control in the center, I took Austria, but then things turned around, and I was pushed back to Saxony and Lux, forced to take Brand and Bohemia. My cap went to supportive, as well.

DirtyHarry helped from the west, but after a while he had to be concerned about retaining England. Master came in from the east, and could hold creed back. It was Gratis, however, who built a substantial army that took Saxony in turn 33, at which point north conceded. The next turn I would have been obliterated.

Attachments: DHempMas_GraCreSirb.JPG (136.9 KB)  
Date: December 30, 2009 05:36PM

It seems I forgot this one:

Ulster (Xerxes) - Saxony (sirbela) - Lithuania (empError)
vs.
Grenada (Abhimanu) - Roma (hst) - Nicaea (ghost)

I had some good lands, and thought I should overrun ghost, but that didn't happen, although Moldavia got developed while Bulgaria got little chance to develop. Xerxes was much stronger than Abhimanu, which gave north the advantage. I don't remember many more details. Rome was taken around turn 40, by hst, and south conceded.

Attachments: XerSirbEmp_AbhHstGho.JPG (141.2 KB)  
Posted by: IceQueen ()
Date: December 31, 2009 12:07AM

He Emperror, Do you play all day now ? I see so many results.

Date: December 31, 2009 11:11AM

Ulster (Gratis) - Hanover (ghost) - Lithuania (Squeegie)
vs.
Grenada (hst) - Roma (empError) - Nicaea (Rex)

Ghost had a nice land in Denmark (dev+2, I believe?) and the other lands were ok too, but I had +2s in Corsica and Napoli, and Helv and Dalm were developed. In addition, I was lucky with ratios and first moves, not to mention the advantage for Roma over Hanover, and soon I had ghost under severe pressure, battling for Saxony. If Rex wasn't already winning in the east, my threatening of Poland helped him get the advantage. In the west, hst got the advantage over Gratis. In turn 24/25, north conceded.

It was about time for a win, for me.

Squeegie replaced someone else in Lithuania after a couple of turns. I think that was Konkeror. Not sure about that, though.

Attachments: GraGhoSqu_hstEmpRex.JPG (141.6 KB)  
Posted by: jenny ()
Date: January 02, 2010 02:34PM

North - Gratis / LNO / Jack the Snack
South- Oscuro/ Jenny/Nerox

Good start to the game with many resources in north middle, lno tried to take advantage of 2 plus twos leading from his cap tward nerox which gave me time to develope and go tward a the resources on right off england (+2, and 2 +1's) oscuro was able to keep the pressure there also not allowing gratis to get off ulster by turn 18 i had 6 troops outside of lnos undefended cap and lno left the turn played through and jack the snack hit my troops before i touched lno's cap but lno would not rejoin

Posted by: jenny ()
Date: January 02, 2010 03:21PM

rematch of the last game same spots

gratis ulster/ lno saxony/ jakethesnack moscuvy VS
oscuro spain/jenny corsica/ nerox nicea

good game fair enough distribution of lands by turn 30 south had advantage but it would still be long game( i think) LNO again left calling the game

South wins!! i even took a screen shot trying to improve on this posting game thing

Date: January 02, 2010 04:42PM

And the screenshot? And i am pretty sure everyone had agreed on game over

Date: January 02, 2010 04:43PM

And no one ever asked me to rejoin! ??

Date: January 02, 2010 07:19PM

Ulster (ghost) - Saxony (nerox) - Lithuania (empError)
vs.
Grenada (Resistante) - Corsica (hst) - Nicaea (Gratis)

hst had a tough start, and nerox was stronger throughout the game. Ghost also did well in the west, after some initial help by nerox. I could prevent Bulgaria from developing, but Gratis advanced quickly behind it, and soon threatened Moldavia. It took quite a bit of help from Nerox, who took Hungary and Dalmatia, for me to get a good grip on the Balcans. Nerox's pressure on hst increased, and in turn 44/45, south conceded. Ghost still looking strong.

Attachments: ghoNrxEmp_ResHstGra.JPG (137.8 KB)  
Date: January 02, 2010 07:28PM

Ulster (sirbela) - Hanover (hst) - Lithuania (Gratis)
vs.
Grenada (shotz) - Corsica (empError) - Greece (Resistante)

Byzantium and Bulgaria were great lands, 40k dev or so, maybe even with +s, but they built armies before Resistante could get them. I had a good start, though, and put some pressure on hst, and helped shotz gain an early advantage over sirbela. Resistante soon was under heavy pressure, asking for help. When 10 of hst's troops took Helv from 21 of mine, the situation in the center was equalized. Shotz put pressure on England, but I had to help in the east, where Gratis was incredibly strong. Soon hst was stronger than me. In turn 33/34, Gratis took Greece, ending the game.

Again, Greece failing. I think I still haven't seen it win.

Attachments: sirbHstGra_shoEmpRes.JPG (139.9 KB)  
Date: January 02, 2010 09:09PM

I have, 2/3 games i have played with Greece, it won.

Posted by: Master ()
Date: January 03, 2010 06:43AM

However it is often tougher than Nic.

Date: February 22, 2010 05:45PM

Ulster (sirbela/free_forever) - Saxony (LNO) - Muscovy (vernet)
vs.
Grenada (empError) - Roma (Squeegie) - Nicaea (myopia)

myopia and me had suboptimal starts. LNO assisted vernet in the Balcans, but Squeegie got some first moves, to make a tour around Saxony. After that, LNO got the advantage in center though, and kept some pressure on Roma. I never got on top of sirbela, only taking England once in turn 37, but never exceeding his population. In turn 40 or so, free_forever replaced sirbela. Myopia did quite well in the east, and could assist Squeegie a bit around Dalmatia/Venetia. Nevertheless, LNO took Roma around turn 46. Then, free_forever jokingly attacked LNO, assuming the game was over. myopia had a large force in Dalmatia, however, that had the potential to take Saxony, so south still had a chance. The game was over now, however, and we have to consider north the winner.

Attachments: sirbLNOvern_empSquMyop.JPG (145.1 KB)  
Pages: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.