Gamers' Lounge :  forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 29
Re: --- Results 3v3 ---
Posted by: empError ()
Date: May 20, 2010 01:55PM

An east-west game:

Norway (ArtOfBingo) vs. Lithuania (KeyserSoze)
Normandy (empError) vs. Byzantium (Rex)
Grenada (IceQueen) vs. Palestina (LeRes)

I had a bunch of easily takeable lands (defended by only 1 army) around, and had a +2 in Flanders. My expansion was therefore rapid, and I confronted Rex at Venetia-Dalmatia. There I had a good ratio (10 attacking 7, and taking Dalm with 6 left), and with first turns, I took an advancing Byzantium in turn 12, which ended the game. Quite a lucky game for me.

Attachments: AoBempIce_KSRexRes.jpg (284.6 KB)  
Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 22, 2010 01:09PM

Ulster (Doomship) - Hanover (DrinkyCrow) - Lithuania (JaketheSnack)
vs.
Grenada (Demon-King) - Rome (xXx) - Nicaea (empError)

I had a nicely developed Crete nearby, and expected to benefit from 2-army-per-turn Serbia. Doomship had nicely developed lands in Northumberland and England, and I believe a +2 in Wales. Doomship drew attention by building a keep in England, which cost Demon-King plenty of armies, leading to his loss of a fort in Brittany. At some point, Demon manoeuvred an army to Normandy, while Doomship moved the bulk of his army out to Brittany, after which England fell. xXx already had the advantage in the center. Jake contested Serbia with me, and after his taking of Moldavia, pressure on Bulgaria increased, and the Balcans became a battle stage. Jake was getting the upper hand, having Moldavia and Poland fully advanced, while I had just bought advancement in Byzantium and Macedonia, and I was grabbing Egypt. xXx helped a bit, so that our eastern battle stayed in balance. Meanwhile, Demon-King built up an enormous force in England, that would be able to take both Hanover and Ulster in turn 36. As xXx disconnected, we did not wait for that to happen, and north conceded.

Attachments: DshDrcrJtS_DKxxxEmp.jpg (287.9 KB)  
Date: May 23, 2010 12:17PM

Ulster (LNO/tonkietjai) - Hanover (Demon-King) - Muscovy (Rex/master)
vs.
Grenada (RockstaR) - Rome (xxx/DrinkyCrow/xxx) - Nicaea (empError)

LNO soon announced that he screwed up and left, being replaced by tonkietjai, who advanced Eire before England. RockstaR soon got the upper hand in the west, and xxx similarly had the upper hand in the center. Rex lost a fort in Moldavia to me, and lost many armies trying to get it back, leaving him in a weak position. Master replaced him, trying to make the best of it. Master managed to get Moldavia back, but was seriously behind in development then. With south in the lead at all fronts, north conceded in turn 33.

Attachments: tonDKRex_RstxXxEmp.jpg (298.9 KB)  
Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: May 23, 2010 12:21PM

Screwed up?! WTF? I was in Castile when i left! I left as i was teaching a new player. It simply lagged too much to play 2 games at the same time, but you are saying, that i announced that i had screwed up, and that is not true.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2010 12:24PM by LikeNoOthers.

Date: May 23, 2010 12:37PM

Ulster (LNO) - Saxony (Rex) - Muscovy (RockstaR)
vs.
Portugal (Malakira) - Corsica (xXx) - Nicaea (empError)

Malakira's expansion was hindered by troop-building lands, mainly in Gascony. xXx had some bad luck with revolts. With Rex and LNO homing in on Corsica, with help far away, south conceded in turn 9.

Attachments: LNORexRst_MalXxxEmp.jpg (276 KB)  
Date: May 26, 2010 02:25PM

Ulster (Atheist) - Saxony (Demon-King) - Muscovy (Paars)
vs.
Aragon (?/empError) - Tunis (master) - Nicaea (Malakira)

I substituted for someone, and found my cap at 50k developed. Master soon got the upper hand in the center, as did Paars in the east. I needed a bit of time to develop, but I got the upper hand in population in the west. Master was all around Saxony. Paars got up to Nicaea, but could not take it, and master helped out at Macedonia. In turn 30, Demon-King disconnected, and north conceded.

Attachments: AthDKPaars_empMasMal.jpg (289.4 KB)  
Date: May 28, 2010 08:45PM

Ulster (ArtofBingo) - Saxony (RockstaR) - Lithuania (master)
vs.
Castile (empError) - Roma (gun) - Nicaea (MrScientist)

RockstaR had some trouble grabbing the neutral lands in the first year. The game progressed pretty normally, with a border around Ile de France -Normandy, Burgundy-Luxembourg, and Helvetica-Rhineland. I had to help gun a bit at Burgundy, and gun in turn assisted MrScientist a bit around Dalmatia. England stayed primitive for a long time, in my view, but when I didn't look for 2 or 3 turns, it was suddenly advanced. I took it then, which I thought would be the beginning of the end for Ulster, but it wasn't. AoB was much faster than me in advancing his backlands, as I had to put all of my backlands on money in winter, and most of them in autumn, to support my troops. Somehow AoB managed that better. Gun came under pressure from RockstaR, and MrScientist was also under pressure, so he couldn't help. Normally I should help out, but AoB grew stronger, and after a while, he got control of northern France. While I was still advancing some of my backlands, he grew his UK lands to 80k, and there was little prospect of me catching up. In turn 38 or 39, RockstaR had a good chance of taking Rome, but a bad ratio for him saved gun. In turn 40, Rome fell anyways, and the game ended.

Attachments: AoBRstMas_empGunSci.jpg (281.2 KB)  
Date: May 29, 2010 11:24AM

Ulster (JaketheSnack) - Saxony (Demon-King) - Muscovy (Williams)
vs.
Castile (Ban_J.Hammer) - Roma (empError) - Nicaea (Malakira)

Rhineland, Helvetica, and Burgundy were nice lands, which would have been bad for me if Helvetica did not start out with 4 armies, but it did. And Helv and Burg were building troops, so I focused on Helvetica. From there, I could quite regularly patrol Demon's lands, so his development was necessarily slow. Malakira was much stronger than Williams, and he soon assisted in the attacks on Demon. Ban was new, and I gave him some advice on how to move, and I told him to develop Gascony, but it appeared he hardly developed Spain. So Jake soon was in control of northern France, and Ban had some luck with first moves, when attacking with all the armies in his cap. I got to Saxony once in spring, but then Jake still had hopes of knocking out Ban, so we played on. Another attempt by me in a winter failed, but in turn 42 I got it, and Demon was nearly obliterated. By taking Normandy, I had also relieved some of the pressure on Ban, and he seemed able to hold out for a while. Mala was starting to control Russia, so there was no hope for north anymore, so the game ended in turn 42.

Attachments: JtSDKWill_BanEmpMal.jpg (288.2 KB)  
Date: May 29, 2010 01:56PM

Ulster (hst) - Sweden (master) - Podolia (empError)
vs.
Grenada (Rex) - Corsica (DrinkyCrow) - Nicaea (ubermensch/Lancelot)

Master had a nicely developed Hanover in front of him. I had developed lands in Muscovy and Livonia, so I chose to buy development in Lithuania. Nonetheless, I let revolts succeed in both Livonia and Muscovy, which dampened my profits from these lands.

Master moved south quickly, and confronted Drinky around Bohemia and Rhineland. After I got some control over my lands, I quickly had high pressure on ubermensch, and I could take the Balcans, including Dalmatia, which yielded 3 armies per turn. Rex was doing well, and he got to England quite early in the game.

DrinkyCrow got some lands developed, but besides Corsica, none of his lands advanced. Lancelot substituted for ubermensch, and he did a lot better, but the situation was too bad for him to turn around. In turn 33, south conceded. The map is from one turn later, when some AI moves had been made (handing Hungary to Sweden, e.g.).

Attachments: hstMasEmp_RexDrcrUbe.jpg (287.6 KB)  
Date: June 01, 2010 07:48AM

Ulster (KeyserSoze) - Hanover (myopia) - Crimea (master)
vs.
Castile (Williams) - Roma (empError) - Nicaea (KrazyKat)

A developed Austria looked attractive, so I took a strategy of setting up my defense there. Master took a +2 Hungary, which skirmished with Austria regularly. When Helvetica built a fort, I took that too, to strengthen my defenses.

Williams was doing alright in the west, and he seemed to have Soze under control. Also in the east, KrazyKat was keeping up with master. I witnessed a rare case of master being short of money in winter.

Myopia had considerably more armies than me, most of the time, but thanks to the fort in Helvetica, I managed to keep my front intact. Then, at some point, I moved from Helvetica to Austria, expecting myopia not to attack the fort with just a few more armies. But he did take it, and then my defenses crumbled. By turn 36, myopia had an attempt at Roma, and took it. South conceded then.

Attachments: KSmyoMas_WillEmpKrK.jpg (280.2 KB)  
Date: June 01, 2010 09:39AM

Ulster (Williams) - Saxony (empError) - Lithuania (IceQueen)
vs.
Grenada (LeRes) - Corsica (Terrorize) - Nicaea (LNO/ghost)

I immediately focused on a 30k developed Austria, then saw that a developed Burgundy was farming, and made sure I got that. Ile de France was +2 developed, so I tried to prevent Res from getting control over that, while Williams was establishing control of a fort in Normandy.

LNO started with a developed land in Byzantium, but Ice expanded faster, and had a much better position. LNO was replaced by ghost then, and soon Bulgaria and Macedonia were under pressure, with Ice having control over the Balcans. Terrorize advanced his backlands, but did not initially develop his front, Genoa and Provence. Once I had most of my lands advanced, I could take Venetia and a just developed Genoa. Williams was holding up alright in the UK, and pressure on Macedonia remained. There was talk of south conceding, and Terrorize left, to be replaced by hst for a few turns. Then I took Corsica turn 36, ending the game in turn 37.

Attachments: WillEmpIce_ResTerLNO.jpg (284.4 KB)  
Date: June 02, 2010 01:38PM

Ulster (DirtyHarry) - Saxony (Rex) - Muscovy (master)
vs.
Grenada (hst) - Corsica (empError) - Nicaea (ghost)

hst and ghost had bad starts, but hst soon recovered from it. Ghost was in for trouble, though. There were no lucrative lands in the center, so Rex and me focused on development, battling between Dalmatia and Venetia at first. Our developments looked pretty equal, and I expected to hold my front while taking my African should give me the advantage. But Rex produced more armies than me, took Venetia and Helvetica. Hst assisted me a bit by taking Burgundy. Ghost had high pressure on Macedonia all game, from master and now Rex could support there too. I totally forgot winter in turn 24, and lost all my armies except 30 in Genoa. First move helped me to save Corsica from an attack by DirtyHarry. Rex had an opportunity for Roma in turn 27, but again a first move saved me. In turn 28, Rex could take Corsica at ease. Nicaea also fell in that same turn.

Attachments: DHrexMas_hstEmpGho.jpg (293.5 KB)  
Date: June 16, 2010 09:16AM

Ulster (Malakira) - Hanover (empError) - Prussia (lucky)
vs.
Grenada (London) - Corsica (JeePee) - Nicaea (Zenn-Lavian)

Lucky soon appeared to be doing well, so the north team handed both Sweden and Finland to Malakira, who relegated control of +2 Flanders to me. I tried to resist JeePee with the help of another +2 in Denmark. London tended to control France, but rarely got an opportunity to take England. Lucky remained in control in the east, where he got to Bulgaria and Macedonia regularly. JeePee seemed stronger than me, but he chose to aid Zenn-Lavian by attacking lucky at Dalmatia. This allowed me to get as strong as him, while Zenn-Lavian hardly suffered. Over time, Malakira also got stronger, possibly because of slow development by London. In turn 32, south conceded.

Attachments: MalEmpLuc_LonJPZL.jpg (281.3 KB)  
Date: June 16, 2010 09:26AM

Ulster (Sitting_Bull) - Saxony (JeePee) - Muscovy (empError)
vs.
Castile (Malakira/Gratis) - Sicilia (hst) - Nicaea (sirbela)

Crimea and Finland were developed, but the other lands around me weren't much good, so I chose to stay close to my cap for a while. This allowed sirbela to move up to a fort in Hungary, which was contested heavily between JeePee and sirbela. Sitting_Bull complained of lack of luck in fighting Castile, but he held up well. Hst grew strong in the center, much stronger than JeePee, while I did not get much stronger than sirbela. Sitting_Bull got disconnected twice. Malakira was replaced by Gratis, while Ulster missed a couple of turns. South grew stronger, and in turn 44, hst took Saxony, while Gratis had a major force to back it up. This necessitated a capitulation by north.

Attachments: SBJPemp_MalHstSirb.jpg (290.2 KB)  
Date: June 16, 2010 11:16AM

A fast game:

Ulster (Sitting_Bull) - Hanover (JeePee) - Podolia (saladin)
vs.
Grenada (London) - Corsica (empError) - Nicaea (Grrr)

JeePee and me had some nice lands around. London seemed to have a rough start, farming Grenada not before turn 8. Bull took France and Provence, which would give me a hard time, but then Grrr moved a force through Moldavia-Poland-Brandenburg to take Hanover turn 11. JeePee failed to take it back turn 13 (attacking 6:4, but having many more armies available), and then left the game, for north to concede.

Attachments: SBJPemp_MalHstSirb.jpg (290.2 KB)  
Date: June 20, 2010 09:44AM

Ulster (IceQueen) - Hanover (empError) - Lithuania (UGonnaDie)
vs.
Grenada (gcTopman) - Roma (dannyray) - Nicaea (JeePee)

Rhineland and Austria were nicely developed. Danny got hold of Austria with a fort, from which he gave me some trouble. gctopman appeared not to be too experienced, and Ice was totally in control in the west. UgonnaDie also ruled in the east. Ice took a fort in Burgundy, attacking danny from there. I could take over the fort in Austria, and then south was losing on all fronts. South conceded turn 21/22.

Attachments: IceEmpUGD_gctDrJP.jpg (291 KB)  
Date: June 20, 2010 10:00AM

Ulster (sirbela) - Hanover (empError) - Lithuania (xXx)
vs.
Grenada (Magoo) - Roma (Redman323) - Nicaea (JeePee)

I had a really bad start, but Redman appeared to be unexperienced, and his expansion was not much faster than mine. Magoo also appeared new, and soon sirbela was all over him, taking Grenada in turn 10 or so (when I hadn't even made contact with Redman yet) and again in turn 12 or so. South conceded in turn 14.

Attachments: sirbEmpxXx_MagRedmJP.jpg (280.4 KB)  
Date: June 20, 2010 01:17PM

Ulster (ibg) - Saxony (Rex) - Muscovy (master/Scum)
vs.
Grenada (Alexis) - Corsica (empError) - Nicaea (hst)

Rex had about 6 lands, with a developed Rhineland, by the time I had 3, with a +2 in Sardinia. Rex put the pressure on, and wouldn't let go for the rest of the game. Ibg also seemed to have an early advantage in the west, taking possession of Gascony regularly. In the east, master soon got a disconnection, and let Scum replace him. Muscovy seemed to be stronger for a while, although hst seemed to recover quite a bit later on. Despite Rex's pressure, I noticed that my population wasn't much lower, even when he had Burgundy, Helvetica and Austria. Alexis also helped me a bit by taking Provence once, and hst sent a party to austria once. But Rex came further down, taking Genoa and Roma, while advancing Helvetica. By this time, hst had also been pushed back to Byz and Greece. Alexis was still pretty strong, with one of the highest populations, but ibg gave good opposition. I survived a cap attempt in turn 35 or so, and another one a few turns later. By turn 40, south conceded.

Attachments: ibgRexScum_AlxEmpHst.jpg (298.6 KB)  
Date: June 20, 2010 01:27PM

Ulster (empError) - Brandenburg (hst) - Muscovy (?/cali8er)
vs.
Grenada (Alexis) - Corsica (TerrorSjon) - Nicaea (ibg)

Wales was 40k+2, but it took me until turn 7 or so to take it as my first land. Hst soon was fighting ibg and TerrorSjon, while Muscovy stayed a bit back. Cali8er took over there, and he had to be told it was a team game, and that he had to farm Muscovy. Thanks to a developed Flanders and Normandy, a fort in Brittany, and some not too brilliant moves by Alexis, I could get up my feet. But hst suffered from fighting two opponents. Cali8er was hardly developed, and ibg was in constant control of Moldavia. Hst's empire crumbled. Although Alexis and Sjon still had many primitive lands, Provence was advanced, and ibg was too strong for us to oppose. So north conceded in turn 23/24.

Attachments: empHstCali_AlxTSjibg.jpg (274.1 KB)  
Date: June 21, 2010 09:10AM

Ulster (Sitting_Bull/Rex) - Saxony (ghost) - Muscovy (Keyser_Soze)
vs.
Grenada (empError) - Roma (Gratis) - Nicaea (IceQueen)

Ghost did well early on. By taking Hungary and Dalmatia, ghost confronted both Gratis and IceQueen. Sitting_Bull also did well, helped by a developed Wales and a +2 Northumberland (which was about equal to my developed Portugal and Aragon), and by spontaneously developing Normandy and Flanders. Gratis was under pressure from ghost for a while, but he kept his cool, and could safely develop his backlands. It took until about turn 33 before I could get some grip on Bull, and around this point Gratis also seemed to be getting stronger. In the east, Soze was getting the better of Ice in the mean time. Bull left, and was replaced by Rex. I got options for England then, and soon got there. Gratis was creeping up on Saxony, and was careful enough to avert 30+ armies from Soze coming in through Napoli. Ice got back to Bulgaria and Macedonia, though, and pressure on ghost rose. In turn 44, Gratis took Saxony, nearly obliterating ghost, and the game was ended there.

Attachments: SBGhoKS_empGraIce.jpg (284.3 KB)  
Pages: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.