Gamers' Lounge :  forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 29
Re: --- Results 3v3 ---
Posted by: MrScientist ()
Date: June 21, 2010 11:12AM

Nice, 400 posts, and nearly 20K views...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: empError ()
Date: June 21, 2010 11:37AM

Eire (rob) - Hanover (emperror) - Muscovy (Sitting_Bull)
vs.
Grenada (Grrr) - Roma (JeePee) - Nicaea (AW1980)

JeePee exerted some pressure on me early on, but the situation balanced out. Rob was doing great in the west, and he was able to send some large troops to Genoa and even Corsica, while staying even with Grrr in the score. Sitting_Bull was under heavy pressure from early on. Around turn 22, Bull left. Before we found a replacement, AW took Muscovy in turn 24, ending the game.

Attachments: robEmpSB_GrrrJPAW.jpg (278.4 KB)  
Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: June 21, 2010 12:02PM

hmm, and how many are from Emperror? :)

Date: June 21, 2010 12:39PM

Ulster (Gao Qui/empError) - Hanover (Grrrr) - Ukraine (Alexis)
vs.
Grenada (Thannatos) - Roma (JeePee) - Nicaea (KeyserSoze)

I substituted for Gao Qui, and found Grrr under pressure from JeePee, with me having many troops in Normandy and Burgundy, ready to attack JeePee. Also some of my troops in Holland, due to an AI move before I got in. Thannatos had been staying away from the battle so far, but now engaged by taking a fort in Brittany. JeePee's pressure on Grrr was intense. I tried my best to help out, but Thannatos was growing way over my population in the meantime. Alexis was ruling in the east. It became a matter of holding out for Grrr and me, while Alexis attacked Nicaea. Nicaea fell first around turn 34, but it was recaptured. Alexis now also attacked JeePee, and got hold of all the Balcans, allowing Grrr to come out of his shell. In turn 36, winter, Nicaea fell again, and south conceded.

Attachments: empGrrrAlx_ThanJPKS.jpg (285.5 KB)  
Date: June 23, 2010 12:57PM

Quite a nice game:

Ulster (Sitting_Bull/acro) - Hanover (empError) - Muscovy (MrScientist)
vs.
Castile (Alexis) - Roma (King_Kent) - Nicaea (Gratis/LNO)

A 20k developed Bohemia and some nice ratios helped me put pressure on King_Kent in early game. Gratis likewise put pressure on MrScientist.

Sitting_Bull did very well in the east, developing and farming UK like a maniac. But Bull got disconnected, and was replaced by acro, who did equally well. Acro broke through Alexis' defenses, and had something like an 80:20 opportunity at Castile, around turn 30. But Alexis got his 5 moves before acro's first, and the attack was averted. Kent had been developing his backlands, and was slowly getting strong enough to push me back. Gratis was replaced by LNO, who increased pressure on MrScientist. With south pushing more and more forward, we thought about conceding around turn 46 or so. But then acro broke through Alexis' defenses again, and got to Castile in turn 48. But pressure on Hanover was also increasing, and it was clear that it would also fall. Castile was re-taken by Alexis, and Hanover indeed fell in turn 52, when north conceded.

Attachments: acroEmpSci_AlxKKGra2.jpg (285.5 KB)  
Date: July 01, 2010 11:07AM

Northumberland (cleaner) vs. Muscovy (atsbot/empError)
Provence (waaq) vs. Serbia (LeRes)
Tangiers (Rex) vs. Palestine (sirbela)

I substituted for atsbot, or something like that. I was already in better shape than cleaner, but got some opposition from waaq around Rhineland. LeRes wanted to put pressure on Rex's fort in Tunis, so I had to help him a bit against waaq. Rex upheld well, but Res and me grew far stronger than waaq and cleaner. Cleaner left and was replaced (I forgot by whom), but then it was already decided. I got all of Scandinavia and Germany, and pushed forward to England. In turn 48, LeRes took Provence, ending the game.

Attachments: cleaWaaqRex_empResSirb.jpg (294.6 KB)  
Date: July 03, 2010 12:58PM

Ulster (acro) - Hanover (Musashi) - Lithuania (Terrorize)
vs.
Leon (empError) - Roma (JeePee) - Nicaea (Gratis)

JeePee seemed to be in trouble in early game, as Musashi was contesting Venetia with him. Terrorize got to Bulgaria, giving Gratis some trouble. I got to a fort in Brittany by the time that acro got England, so I had early pressure on England. I immediately got to England and Northumberland, and just missed first turn for an opportunity at an empty Ulster. I got an army to Holland, though. JeePee could move a bit north around this time, and got at least even with Musashi. Gratis obtained control in the east, although his advantage was not big enough to get decisive. Many of my attacks on England failed, and I was lucky that acro did not counter Brittany, at times. There were a few occasions when I took it, and Holland too, sometimes. JeePee got stronger and stronger, and soon north was down on all three fronts. In turn 40, north conceded.

Attachments: acroMushTerr_empJPGra.jpg (279.8 KB)  
Date: July 04, 2010 07:50AM

Ulster (JeePee) - Saxony (acro) - Lithuania (empError)
vs.
Castile (XerroSlypher) - Roma (Oscuro) - Nicaea (waaq)

I had quite a lot of neutral armies to deal with, but this was balanced by waaq having quite bad ratios versus the neutral lands. Acro soon got an advantage versus Oscuro, and JeePee totally ruled in the west. Waaq gave me some trouble by taking Poland twice, the second time while it was almost developed. Nevertheless, I got on top too. Turn 28, south started talking about conceding. In turn 29, I took Nicaea, and it wouldn't take long before either Rome, Castile, or even both, would fall. South conceded then.

Attachments: JPacroEmp_XSoscWaaq.jpg (286.4 KB)  
Date: July 04, 2010 09:06AM

Ulster (JeePee) - Hanover (empError) - Lithuania (bingoWashis)
vs.
Castile (XerroSlypher) - Corsica (ibg) - Nicaea (Oscuro)

I took Hanover expecting relatively weak players to join the south team. Then ibg took Corsica, and the unknown bingoWashis took Lithuania. I thought we were doomed before we started, even though there were some very nice lands around Lithuania. Oscuro's start was hampered by a troop-building Macedonia (built till 8 armies), and Oscuro went around it to some nicely developed lands in Serbia and Dalmatia. Slypher soon had pressure on England, and ibg even helped Slypher, as I chose to keep Luxembourg as a buffer, while confronting ibg at Helvetica. In the center, me and ibg stayed in balance for a pretty long time, although I owed my good score to possessing Venetia and Dalmatia for a while.

After a while, ibg got the initiative in the center, and England was falling time after time. JeePee and me asked bingowashis for a miracle, and it came. A few turns later, Washis took Nicaea, in spring. Oscuro took it back the next turn, but pressure on him was intense now, and Washis helped me by taking Venetia and moving into Napoli. I gained in strength too now, and although Slypher was getting to Northumberland by now, the situation was hopeless for south. Nicaea fell again in turn 32, winter, and south conceded.

Attachments: JPempBw_XSlibgJP.jpg (284.9 KB)  
Date: July 04, 2010 10:43AM

Ulster (Musashi) - Hanover (KrazyKat) - Muscovy (Gao Qui)
vs.
Castile (jojo) - Roma (empError) - Nicaea (JeePee)

A developed Genoa helped me put early pressure on KrazyKat, and he was lucky to develop Holland in a turn when he survived a 4:2 attack. He then also survived a 4:1 attack on Hanover, and could prevent a 3:1 attack on Hanover thanks to a first turn. JeePee was winning in the east, and Gao Qui left without warning, so that JeePee had free play for two turns, in which he roamed Russia. then Brutus replaced in Muscovy. I then got another 2:1 opportunity at Hanover, just after it advanced, and this time I got it. The next turn, KrazyKat didn't get it back, so then it was clear north lost. It was turn 19 then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2010 10:45AM by empError.

Attachments: MusKKGQ_jojoEmpJP.jpg (284.6 KB)  
Date: July 05, 2010 01:07PM

Ulster (sirbela) - Hanover (empError) - Muscovy (Durrr)
vs.
Grenada (DrinkyCrow) - Corsica (Rex) - Nicaea (rob)

Sirbela and Rex sought an early confrontation, allowing me to get into the game well, despite a somewhat rambling start. Durrr had some early pressure on rob, through Bulgaria, but Rob seemed to recover well, and could later be found in Moldavia. Sirbela outplayed DrinkyCrow, and could regularly support me in my battle against Rex. I took a fort in Hungary, and skirmished with rob's fort in Dalmatia, now and then. Sirbela developed his lands up to 100k, and was able to hold the European coastline. Durrr was getting stronger than rob, and soon, in turn 42, he took Nicaea. South conceded then.

Attachments: sirbEmpDurrr_DrcrRexRob.jpg (281.5 KB)  
Date: July 11, 2010 10:08PM

Ulster (sirbela) - Hanover (Xuul) - Lithuania (baggio/Musashi)
vs.
Grenada (juanV8) - Venetia (Terrorize) - Nicaea (empError)

Xuul wanted to test his skills versus Venetia, but with a developed Austria just in front, Terrorize would soon turn out to be too strong. Sirbela couldn't help out too much, as juan did not fail, and soon England was under pressure, and a bit later it fell. Thanks to some first turns, I managed to get to Lithuania in turn 15 or so, in autumn. Baggio left and was replaced by Musashi, who got Lithuania's act together. But by turn 24, Terrorize was knocking on Hanover's door, and north had to concede.

Attachments: sirbXuulbag_jV8TerEmp.jpg (279.5 KB)  
Date: July 11, 2010 10:19PM

Ulster (juanV8) - Saxony (ghost) - Muscovy (empError)
vs.
Leon (baggio) - Roma (Terrorize) - Nicaea (Xuul)

I had some nicely developed lands around, but nevertheless I played a bit cautious, knowing I was up against Xuul. The center players fought over Austria for a while, and the battle turned in ghost's advantage. Baggio did pretty well in the west, getting hold of a fortified Brittany. But the battle was decided in the center, where ghost got to Rome in turn 20 (?), winter, after Terrorize had raised gold in it in autumn. In turn 24, south conceded.

Attachments: jV8ghoEmp_bagTerXuul.jpg (289.2 KB)  
Date: July 11, 2010 10:28PM

Wales (baggio) - Denmark (waaq) - Lithuania (Xuul)
vs.
Grenada (ghost) - Corsica (Terrorise) - Nicaea (empError)

Xuul had some nicely developed lands around, and he would soon kick my ass. Terrorise got a definite advantage in the center, and ghost similarly gained control over France, pushing baggio back to his UK lands. But Xuul's advantage was so great, that there was a real danger of him getting to Nicaea before turn 30. Terrorise needed to spend lots of armies at holding Macedonia and Venetia. This only delayed Xuul's march forward, and in turn 30 (or so) he got to Nicaea anyway. In the meantime, waaq had used his breathing space to develop Hanover to 100k advanced, and together with Xuul, he was pushing Terrorise back. Soon, Xuul would roll over Terrorise's empire, while annihilating me. So in turn 32, south conceded.

Attachments: bagWaaqXuul_ghoTerrEmp.jpg (290.1 KB)  
Date: July 12, 2010 10:26PM

Ulster (JeePee) - Hanover (empError) - Lithuania (KeyserSoze)
vs.
Grenada (acro) - Roma (IzzleKizzle) - Nicaea (sirbela)

The lands Saxony, Bohemia, Austria were all developed, and Venetia, I believe 40k. As Austria started out 10k, I hoped to get the advantage there. But Izzle soon got control up to Bohemia. Supported by his many backlands, and a 30k developed Burgundy, he put me under pressure.

JeePee knew an excellent start, while acro had a very tough start. Izzle lashed out at JeePee by taking Normandy. I then took the neutral fort at Luxembourg, and JeePee's first turn saved England. Then I could take over the initiative, putting Venetia, Genoa, and Provence under pressure. Soze was doing well in the east, getting to Macedonia, from where he sent some 17 armies to Napoli, with a slight chance for Roma. These were annihilated, but soon afterwards I got a 3:1 opportunity at Roma (in spring), a threat that was also averted.

Izzle hardly developed his front, I only destroyed a developing Provence once. Sirbela recovered well in the east, where he seemed to take over the initiative. Acro managed to gather an army of 160 that went for England and Holland. This gave some breathing space for Izzle, who moved into central Europe, and soon developed his front lands. Keyser tried to help out, but I forgot he told me he would take Austria, and we lost some 20 armies there, together, I think. Now the initiative was for south, and things started looking bad for north. England was besieged, I gradually gave ground, and sirbela already looked stronger than Soze, while Soze was the one who had to help us out.

At turn 57, I survived a swing of Izzle's 'hammer', but in turn 58 Hanover fell, and north conceded.

Attachments: JPempKS_acroIzzSirb.jpg (296.8 KB)  
Date: July 12, 2010 10:33PM

Ulster (KeyserSoze) - Saxony (Terrance) - Ukraine (empError)
vs.
Castile (acro) - Corsica (JeePee) - Nicaea (IzzleKizzle/ghost)

Acro had a bad start. I got my lands swiftly, and sought an early confrontation with Izzle, who soon left, to be replaced by ghost. Terrance got the initiative in the center, and I could support a bit by taking Macedonia, and attacking Napli once in a while. North moved forward on all fronts, and in turn 31, Terrance took Corsica, leading south to concede.

Attachments: KSTceEmp_acroJPIzz.jpg (282.9 KB)  
Date: July 12, 2010 10:45PM

Ulster (KeyserSoze) - Saxony (empError) - Muscovy (Xuul)
vs.
Grenada (Terrance) - Corsica (JeePee) - Nicaea (MrScientist)

JaketheSnack would play Nicaea, but he lost his connection in the first turn, and MrScientist replaced. He soon noticed that most of his backlands (Natolia, Syria, Palestine) were building forts, and thought of conceding rightaway.

I quickly moved to a +2 Serbia, from where I took Scientist's Bulgaria. Despite my good start, there was then a danger that JeePee would take over the initiative in the center. But Xuul took control in the east, and Keyser ruled in the west, and this almost automatically gave me the advantage in the center too. The front moved south, and Soze managed to breach Terrance's defenses. In turn 34, he took Grenada, and south conceded.

Attachments: KSempXuul_TerrJPSci.jpg (295.7 KB)  
Date: July 12, 2010 11:05PM

Ulster (Xuul) - Saxony (KeyserSoze) - Lithuania (JeePee)
vs.
Grenada (baggio) - Roma (Terrance) - Nicaea (empError)

Terrance got the advantage in the center. Xuul supported Soze quite a bit. JeePee also sent some armies to central Europe, but this gave me the edge in the east. Baggio was also getting strong, so that eventually Xuul's support to Soze dropped away. Pressure on England and Moldavia increased, while Terrance intruded into Germany. In turn 40/41, north conceded.

Attachments: XuulKSJP_bagTceEmp.jpg (270.1 KB)  
Date: July 13, 2010 10:25AM

Ulster (IzzleKizzle) - Saxony (Terrorize) - Muscovy (uGonnaDie)
vs.
Grenada (ElCid) - Roma (empError) - Nicaea (Rex)

Rex had flourishing start, and he got an important first attack on a fort in Hungary, just before Terrorize bumped into Rex's armies there. uGonnaDie needed some time to get in the game, so Rex provided valuable support for me against Terrorize. Izzle could send some armies my way, but generally ElCid kept things under control in the west. With uGonnaDie entering the game, Rex had to focus on him, but he was at least equal in strength. UGonnaDie had a good run through my lands, destroying an advancing Genoa. I could however maintain pressure on Terrorize, and help Cid a bit against Izzle.

By turn 29/30, north decided the ordeal had lasted long enough, and they conceded.

Attachments: IzzTzeUgD_CidEmpRex.jpg (282.8 KB)  
Date: July 14, 2010 12:25AM

Ulster (JaketheSnack) - Saxony (empError) - Lithuania (uGonnaDie)
vs.
Castile (BamBam/gun) - Roma (Terrorize) - Nicaea (jenny)

Terrorize got to a fort in Helvetica just before me. But I soon took over, and I almost invariably had the first turn, so that I soon pushed Terrorize back to Rome, from where he was just expanding to Tunis. Jake was also doing well in the west, intruding into Spain. This felt like an easy north win. BamBam left, to be replaced by gun, who soon got his act together. Jenny started attacking me from Dalmatia, but I resisted while maintaining pressure on Rome, and assisting Jake a bit, to make sure he stayed in the lead. There came no end to Jenny's attacks, however, and at some point she managed to get the fort in Hungary. Terrorize had some luck, when attacking 80+ armies in Genoa from Rome, as they would have been able to take Rome from Corsica.

Finally, north gained control back over Hungary, and uGonnaDie sent a large army into Bulgaria, then Byz, and Nicaea. It was spring, however, so we played on. Terrorize was now moving forward in central Europe. Jenny got her cap back.

Gun was now also amassing large armies for attacks on England, threatening my west flank.

Jenny still seemed as strong as uGonnaDie, but uGD got an army to Napoli, while I had some troops in Genoa. As south was gaining in strength, I proposed a coordinated attack on Rome, but uGD did not feel for that.

A little later, I got an opportunity for Rome, 69:59, in autumn. But Terrorize had first turn, and he averted the attack. He also got to the valuable fort in Helvetica. Now Terrorize definitely had the advantage over me, and he finally was able to develop Genoa and Venetia, which he did swiftly. uGonnaDie was even to jenny in the score, but jenny still seemed stronger. And in the west, gun was about to run over either me or Jake. Jake also had to leave, and no one felt like taking over his spot.

North conceded turn 67.

Attachments: JtSempuGD_gunTzeJen.jpg (291.5 KB)  
Pages: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.