Gamers' Lounge :  forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 29
Re: --- Results 3v3 ---
Posted by: Akiran ()
Date: July 23, 2010 01:50PM

that wasnt me.........

M-K

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: empError ()
Date: July 24, 2010 04:15AM

Just want to correct a wrong picture I once attached to this game, back in February 2010. It was posted as below:

empError Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Last game, a Squeeg map!
>
> Flanders (empError) - Lithuania (Azureus) - Tunis
> (jenny)
> vs.
> Norway (Gratis) - Nicaea (master) - Aragon (hst)
>
> Jenny immediately went for hst, and Azureus
> confronted Gratis, leaving master free at the
> start, and giving the other players of that team
> 1.5 opponent, as I was fighting Gratis and hst.
> Hst got disconnected a couple of times at the
> start, which must have set him back a bit. When
> master got into the fight, I felt that jenny and
> Azureus were doing splendid, as jen controlled
> both Africa and Italy, and Azu topped the score
> board throughout most of the game.
>
> Gratis gave me some trouble at the start, despite
> playing from the worst position on the map, in my
> opinion. Thanks to Azu's pressure on Sweden, I
> could get in control though, and Gratis seemed to
> be declining slowly. Hst had even more troubles,
> and did not get a chance to develop much outside
> his capital.
>
> Master gained some ground in Africa, and stood his
> ground in the Balcans, but his team conceded in
> turn 28/29.

Attachments: empAzuJen_GraHstMas.JPG (140.2 KB)  
Date: July 24, 2010 11:40AM

Ulster (Malakira/myopia) - Saxony (Terrorise) - Muscovy (empError)
vs.
Grenada (?/live4games) - Corsica (noobness) - Nicaea (JeePee)

Terrorise quickly put pressure on noobness. Malakira added his bit to the game, and he got to Corsica in turn 25 or so, quite early at least. Then both Malakira and the player in Grenada left, but the others decided to play on. Live4games took over in Grenada, and after a few turns, myopia took Ulster, which was then heavily under pressure. The battle between JeePee and me was quite balanced so far, despite JeePees 30k developed Byzantium at the start, and also a developed Macedonia. This gave JeePee space to send some armies in Terrorise's direction, and also live4games demanded Terrorises attention in the west. Noobness now got the freedom to develop, and his backlands would reach to 100k towards the end of the game. I got to JeePees fort in Bulgaria a couple of times, but could never hold it for long. When he took Egypt and Cyrenaica, he gained in strength, and when he got to Moldavia, that was the beginning of the end for me. Myopia recovered well in Ulster, and he got back control of the UK. He even sent a large army past l4g's defenses, while l4g's own armies were heading for Saxony. In a winter, turn 48 or so, both Grenada and Saxony fell, and in both places the large occupying force was cut off. A little later Ulster and Saxony seemed capable of dealing with Grenada and Corsica, but my strength was declining, and I could hardly resist JeePees forces anymore. We thought about conceding, but myopia gathered one more large army, of 200 troops, to head for Corsica. At that point, the server got a hickup, and everyone was kicked. I think it is fair to say that south won, as even a successful raid on Corsica would have been matched by an equally strong raid on either Ulster or Saxony.

Attachments: MalTseEmp_l4gNoobJP.JPG (135.5 KB)  
Date: July 24, 2010 11:53AM

Ulster (juanV8) - Saxony (Madman) - Ukraine (live4games/JeePee)
vs.
Castile (Malakira) - Corsica (Zarathustra) - Nicaea (empError)

In early game, Malakira let juanV8 get to Zarathustra, which gave Madman the advantage in the center. Some good ratios lead me to Ukraine in turn 5 or so, but that did not hurt l4g much. Once Malakira had built up sufficiently, he started putting severe pressure on England, and Madman intervened by taking Normandy. After some battling, a fort in Burgundy appeared to be a big obstacle to Madman, and both juanV8 and Madman were going downhill with their performance. JeePee had taken over in the east, and he was getting stronger too. I requested Zarathustra to take care of Macedonia. But in turn 40, Malakira took Ulster, and Zarathustra took Saxony, ending the game.

Attachments: jV8Madl4g_MalZarEmp.JPG (139.6 KB)  
Date: July 24, 2010 01:03PM

Ulster (JaketheSnack) - Saxony (ALT) - Muscovy (LeRes/myopia)
vs.
Aragon (Adrien) - Roma (Malakira) - Nicaea (empError)

LeRes was replaced by myopia after a couple of turns. Adrien didn't move for a while, and appeared to be afk. I got to Hungary, Bohemia, and faced an empty, but already advanced, Saxony, which I took by first turn in summer. ALT could easily take it back, and now I had to worry about myopia's advanced +2 Ukraine, and his other +2 in Prussia. Myopia started pushing into the Balcans, where I needed some help from Malakira. Adrien got on top in the west, though, and Malakira had a strong advantage in the center. He got to Saxony with a bit of luck, in turn 27. At that point, north conceded.

Attachments: JtSALTmyo_AdrMalEmp.JPG (136.1 KB)  
Date: July 24, 2010 01:11PM

A number of games ago, I think from yesterday:

Ulster (abv/juanV8) - Saxony (MrScientist) - Muscovy (Madman)
vs.
Grenada (Zenn_Lavian) - Corsica (empError) - Nicaea (Malakira)

I can't remember much, but abv was soon in trouble against Zenn, and this probably helped me get the advantage over Scientist. Malakira also got the advantage over Madman. By turn 30, south's domination was strong enough for north to concede.

Attachments: abvSciMad_ZLempMal.JPG (140.9 KB)  
Date: July 27, 2010 12:03PM

Ulster (Musashi) - Hanover (ibg) - Lithuania (crazygod)
vs.
Grenada (Malakira) - Corsica (empError) - Nicaea (Gunky)

My start was pretty bad, but ibg's was worse. Moreover, I had pretty good lands around, so I had ibg under pressure from quite early on. Malakira allowed Musashi through for a little while, which gave some relief for ibg. Mala bumped into a fort at Normandy for a while, but after a while pressure on England became strong. I got to Poland, which may have helped Gunky get on top of crazygod, although that may have happened anyway. For a short time, ibg could move up to Helvetica/Austria/Dalmatia, but soon south was in control on all fronts, and north conceded in turn 33.

Attachments: Musibgcrz_MalEmpGky.jpg (298.3 KB)  
Date: July 28, 2010 01:38AM

Ulster (Zarathustra) - Saxony (JeePee) - Muscovy (empError)
vs.
Castile (KrazyKat) - Sicilia (Musashi) - Nicaea (Malakira/Squeegie)

South had pretty good lands, in particular Malakira with +2s in Byzantium and Greece, and Bulgaria developed. But JeePee was also blessed with a developed Rhineland, which was likely to hand him a developed Genoa too.

I quickly took 40k Moldavia, from which I contested Bulgaria with Malakira. Thanks to some good ratios, and later some first turns, I could give Malakira a hard time there. But after a while, he got it under control, and the battle shifted to Moldavia. I could hardly afford to operate in the Balcans, so Mala got control there, and he sent some troops through Poland to Brandenburg. First turns were for Nicaea from then on. JeePee was doing well, contesting Genoa with Musashi. He aided Zarathustra in his efforts to hold England, and he sent a decent force down Dalmatia, aimed at Macedonia, but ending up in a Serbian fort. This gave me the chance to grab the Balcans, and apparently the advantage in the east. Squeegie substituted for Malakira then. Musashi was now gaining the advantage in the center, and Squeegie pushed me out of Bulgaria, while the Balcans became a battleground again. One of Musashi's armies slipped through JeePee's troops, and got to Saxony in turn 46. JeePee did not get it back in the next turn, and north conceded in winter, turn 48.

Attachments: ZarJPemp_KrKMusMal.jpg (289.8 KB)  
Date: July 28, 2010 10:54AM

Ulster (Malakira) - Saxony (Marquis-Ken) - Muscovy (empError)
vs.
Leon (Crazygod) - Roma (ncklol) - Nicaea (sixamplayer)

I had amazing lands with Ukraine and Podolia +2, and Moldavia developed, while 6am only had a +2 in Macedonia to cheer about. The battle in the center looked about equal, but ncklol was close to advancing Roma, while Marquis could not afford to do that yet. I had some amazing ratios at Bulgaria, so that I was owning 6am, taking Byz and Mac. Thanks to first turns in every turn, I could take Mac and Byz several times, and invade Napoli, Greece, and Crete. 6am's backlands (at least Cyprus) revolted, leaving him with just a few lands to work with. I also took Venetia, so that Marquis could get the advantage in the centre, with ncklol also being reduced to few lands. Malakira also got an advantage against Crazygod. In turn 21 already, south conceded.

Attachments: MalMarqEmp_CrgNck6am.jpg (283.5 KB)  
Date: July 28, 2010 11:00AM

Ulster (ElCid) - Saxony (Malakira) - Muscovy (empError)
vs.
Aragon (crazygod) - Roma (jojo1) - Nicaea (Hispano)

The battle in the center went a bit back and forth between Malakira and jojo. I gained an advantage in the east, then suddenly noticed that Hispano was gone, for 4 minutes already. I seemed to lose my connection too, and when I came back, everyone was leaving the game. I got back in to take a screenshot, but the colors may be messed up. At least Gascony was owned by ElCid. I think north had an advantage, but it's probably fair to say that this one was undecided.

Attachments: CidMalEmp_CrgtjojHisp.jpg (286.7 KB)  
Date: July 29, 2010 10:47AM

Ulster (BamBam/d4vej) - Saxony (6amplayer) - Lithuania (ibg)
vs.
Grenada (ghost) - Corsica (empError) - Nicaea (sCum)

Sardinia was 10k dev +2 and farming, almost assuring an advantage for me in the center. sCum also had a +2 in Byz, which was probably the main factor in his advantage in the east. Ghost did what was expected of him, controlling France, and threatening England and Luxembourg. So south soon had an advantage on all fronts. sCum took Brandenburg just while it was developing, and I destroyed development in +2 Rhineland multiple times. In turn 27, ghost took Saxony. I backed it up, and took over in turn 29, almost annihilating 6am.

Attachments: bam6amibg_ghoEmpScum.jpg (288.8 KB)  
Date: July 30, 2010 06:57AM

Wales (ibg) - Brandenburg (sirbela) - Muscovy (Hispano/empError)
vs.
Grenada (james) - Roma (crazyGod) - Nicaea (JeePee)

I substituted for Hispano in Muscovy, and found Muscovy in a sorry state, losing Moldavia, and little development behind it. I had trouble getting Moldavia back, even with help from sirbela, but eventually I got it. Although sirbela had to put up with JeePee as well as crazygod, he stayed on top, also because ibg was winning big time in the west. Both crazygod and james were in danger of losing their cap, if not their empire, soon. JeePee would maybe be able to help out crazygod, but not james. In turn 24, south conceded.

Attachments: ibgSirbHisp_jamCrgJP.jpg (290.5 KB)  
Date: July 30, 2010 12:05PM

Ulster (Musashi) - Saxony (Scum) - Lithuania (JeePee)
vs.
Grenada (crazygod) - Roma (BamBam) - Nicaea (empError)

with Podolia and Moldavia developed, and Ukraine and Moldavia +2, I knew instantly I was playing the holding out game. Those lands were poorly defended too. BamBam had a good start, but crazygod had quite some trouble expanding. I could get to a fort in Bulgaria with a first move, and JeePee bumped into that for 2 or three turns before it succumbed. I didn't bother furthering Byzantium or Mac, as I'd do that only for JeePee. BamBam had the initiative in the center, although he didn't seem to have more population than Scum. Musashi seemed to be in control in the west. I soon had to ask BamBam to attack Macedonia. JeePee was soon developing Serbia, while I tried to get my backlands. Scum manoeuvered through BamBam's defenses, and took Roma in turn 33 (spring). In the same turn, Scum took Nicaea, 30:29. We both recovered our caps, but south conceded in turn 35.

Attachments: MusScumJP_crGBamEmp.jpg (269.4 KB)  
Date: July 31, 2010 12:11PM

Ulster (mmmattt) - Hanover (ghost/sCum) - Lithuania (IceQueen)
vs.
Grenada (crazygod) - Roma (empError) - Nicaea (kreatora3)

Thanks to many 1-army countries around, I had a great start, contrary to ghost. I took Ile de France, to help crazygod in the Brittany-Gascony stand-off. A developed Burgundy helped my start further. IceQueen quickly got the upper hand in the east, I believe also thanks to some good lands. I confronted ghost, and thanks to many first moves, even first 3 moves for me sometimes, I was all over his front lands. I also took England once. IceQueen had a 27:21 opportunity at Nicaea and got first move, but didn't get it. Crazygod started to battle seriously only after advancing Ile de France, by which time IceQueen was strongly knocking on Nicaea's door, and threatening my east flank. I was pretty strong though, and kreatora did a great job upholding the defenses. I helped a bit by taking Serbia, but Ice was stronger, and I resorted mainly to defending. sCum had replaced ghost, and he could move forward a bit, but he also had to help mmmattt against crazygod, who was now invading England. sCum got cut in Burgundy once, crazygod got cut in England later. I forgot at which winter, but IceQueen got to Nicaea. I tried to help out, but a bit later I lost my cap to Ice. I got it back and lost it again in autumn, and kreatora was also just getting and losing it, for some turns. Then crazygod finally got to Ulster, after mmmatt had failed to buy troops there, apparently giving up. Crazygod had sufficient armies to have a go at Hanover a bit later. He got to Holland with a large force, but needed first turn to take Hanover. Although he spent his first moves in the UK, his fourth move or so was still before sCum's first, so that Hanover fell too.

mmmattt gave up and left, and sCum felt like conceding too, and he also left, leaving IceQueen no other option than to concede too. It was turn 61 by then.

Attachments: matScumIce_crgEmpkre.jpg (266.8 KB)  
Posted by: ghost. ()
Date: July 31, 2010 12:16PM

I think your crashed 2 games together emp. :/ I start in ulster and was replaced by Matt, it was the game before when you were all over me in hanover due to those pesky first moves ;) THat was the same time you got to england ;)

Date: July 31, 2010 12:25PM

Ulster (sCum) - Hanover (ghost) - Lithuania (IceQueen)
vs.
Grenada (cgf) - Corsica (empError) - Nicaea (live4games)

Ghost had pretty crappy lands around, so that I got an early advantage in the center. Cgf started advancing early, before taking some lands around his cap. IceQueen had some nice lands, and live4games thought he would not last long, so he urged us to obtain a fast victory. When the standoff at Brittany and Gascony lead to 0 armies in both lands, I took Brittany, so that cgf finally took his backlands. From Holland, I got to England once, blocking sCum armies in the UK. Live4games, although under pressure, moved a force through Dalmatia to a fort in Austria, in order to speed ghost's demise. Ghost got disconnected then. Upon coming back, the game appeared to be bugged, as ghost apparently had -36 gold, hence losing his troops in winter. We decided to stop the game there and then, in turn 26. South had a definite advantage, but Ice had the potential to turn it around. So the game was still undecided.

Attachments: scumGhoIce_cgfEmpL4g.jpg (294.4 KB)  
Date: July 31, 2010 11:21PM

Wales (IceQueen) - Denmark (Oz) - Lithuania (RunningWolf)
vs.
Grenada (noobness) - Roma (JaketheSnack) - Nicaea (live4games)

I substituted for Oz in turn 32, and immediately lost many troops due to winter, for which I couldn't raise money in time. Denmark's defense appeared to be based on the defense of forts at Rhineland and Bohemia. Both IceQueen and RunningWolf were under severe pressure, and soon Poland and England fell. RunningWolf left at turn 33/34, and north conceded in turn 34.

Attachments: IceOzRw_noobJtSl4g.jpg (297.5 KB)  
Date: August 02, 2010 07:24AM

Ulster (spoxy) - Saxony (timmyaki) - Lithuania (dannyray)
vs.
Castile (crazygod) - Corsica (live4games) - Nicaea (empError)

live4games soon got the advantage in the center, possibly due to good ratios. crazygod seemed to have some trouble dealing with spoxy, but live4games could help him. Danny could grab many lands quite easily, but Moldavia built armies, which initially seemed good for my expansion in the Balcans, but a bit later I had a considerable number of armies in Bulgaria, so that Moldavia seemed more like a buffer for danny. Once danny took Moldavia, I had most of my backlands, and was stronger than him. With live4games exerting heavy pressure on Saxony and England, north conceded in turn 28.

Attachments: spoxTyakDray_crgL4gEmp.jpg (290.3 KB)  
Date: August 02, 2010 09:00AM

Ulster (timmyaki) - Saxony (ibg) - Muscovy (KeyserSoze)
vs.
Grenada (dannyray) - Roma (empError) - Nicaea (IceQueen)

ibg started out poorly, losing many armies to 1 sole defending army in 10k Bohemia. When he got it, I got Austria, from which I took Bohemia, leaving ibg with only Saxony, although Lux and Hanover were empty. Venetia revolted on me, cutting my supply to these lands, and I decided to use my armies for taking backlands instead. This gave ibg the chance to take his lands, and soon he took Venetia, putting pressure on me. IceQueen took Serbia and Hungary, to attack ibg's supply lines to me. Soze confronted Ice from Wallachia, but Ice seemed strong enough to deal with him, plus do some attacking on Austria. This gave me control back over my front lands, and with my backlands taken, I could now take the initiative in the center again. After an initial advantage for timmyaki in the west, dannyray took over, and soon he got to England. Ice had now lost the advantage to Soze, who got to Macedonia. Nevertheless, support still came to me by Ice's attacks at Bohemia, once simultaneously with danny's attack at Lux, which made south's supremacy clear. In turn 39, north conceded.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2010 09:04AM by empError.

Attachments: tyakIbgSoz_drayEmpIce.jpg (266.3 KB)  
Date: August 02, 2010 12:05PM

Ulster (Paars) - Hanover (sirbela) - Muscovy (KeyserSoze)
vs.
Grenada (empError) - Corsica (Musashi) - Nicaea (Rex)

Musashi soon built up an advantage in the center. However, Paars, with two developed lands at the start, amongst which was England, and a +2, was soon controlling the European coast, and I could do little more than take Brittany a few times, and attack Normandy now and then. After a while Paars moved armies into Ile de France and Provence, and he helped sirbela get a fort in Burgundy. In the east, Rex was apparently experiencing the worst of luck against Soze, although he still seemed to keep up with him in the scores.

Although I had almost as much population as Paars, I seemed never able to match his number of troops. Even when Musashi helped me get in control of most of France at some point, I lost this advantage as soon as his support dropped away.

In turn 60, sirbela gathered a large army heading for Corsica. Musashi could probably prevent his cap falling with a first move from Roma, but sirbela got the first move, and Corsica fell, ending the game.

Attachments: PrsSirbSoz_empMusRex.jpg (270.5 KB)  
Pages: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.