Gamers' Lounge :  forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 29
Re: --- Results 3v3 ---
Posted by: empError ()
Date: June 25, 2009 10:58AM

Ulster (legionary74) - Hanover (arf) - Lithuania (hst)
vs
Grenada (Sargon) - Rome (empError) - Nicaea (nen)

Nen did great in the east, fighting hst. Things looked under control there. I was fighting arf over some good lands in the center - Bohemia, Austria. I had more lands, and could afford to advance my cap, while he could not. Legionary failed to farm in his cap, although he advanced England. He claimed Sweden and Finland, and a bit later took Denmark from arf, thereby ruining the game.

I'm quite sure we'd have won it, also when leg wouldn't have made his silly move.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: June 25, 2009 12:22PM

Ulster (nen) - Hanover (Rex) - Lithuania (Posiedonman)
vs.
Grenada (Gazi) - Rome (empError) - Nicaea (arf)

I started with Venetia and Genoa developed, and expected to make toast of Rex in a few years. However, he fought well, and I regretted advancing my cap when he was laying siege to it. After it advanced, we were pretty balanced in strength. In early game, arf seemed stronger than Posiedonman, but Pos recovered, probably with some advice from his team. Gazi gradually gained in strength, and got to England around turn 40, I think. Soon after that, north conceded.

Posted by: Captain Planet ()
Date: June 26, 2009 03:12AM

Lovely

Posted by: Captain Planet ()
Date: June 26, 2009 03:14AM

Attachments: Forever.JPG (29.6 KB)  
Posted by: : ()
Date: July 05, 2009 07:44AM

Ulster (Superfontane) - Saxony (Reeperbot) - Muscovy (Squeegie)
vs
Grenada (SilverKnight - Corsica (Adrien) - Nicaea (Jbf)

Very great game :)
Started off with a host switch, which bugged me and jbf leaving us with 1 army and 1 land after 2 turns, meanwhile Reeperbot had like 3/4 and squeegie 3.
I didn't really recover from this start, and neither did Jbf, so we were under quite some pressure, but SilverKnight helped us out alot :)
After like 50 turns we had the advantage, we can only thank SK for that :)
North conceded at turn 67-68.
Probably the best 3v3 i've had.
Just Remember, us danes never gives up.. haha

Posted by: Hubic Hair ()
Date: July 05, 2009 07:49AM

Adrien Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Just Remember, us danes never gives up.. haha

Quoted for later usage.

Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: July 11, 2009 07:17AM

Eire (Israeli) - Hanover (Oz) - Lithuania (LNO)
VS
Grenada (Sovereign) - Roma (Live4G) - Nicaea (Reme)

In my opion, it was better lands to south in west and last, dunno about middle.
Forts gave me and Oz some problems, leaving me behind score, but Oz still doing good against Live4Games. Israeli keeping Sovereing at france. Oz made a cap killer, and both teammates didn't help. Roma fell about turn 40 i think.

Still, Reme and Sovereign was still much stronger. Oz made a raid into Reme, giving me a chance to take the lead. After more failing tries to take caps, north conceded about turn 70.

Attachments: Good game.JPG (220.9 KB)  
Date: July 13, 2009 01:03PM

And an exciting 3 vs 3 this was:

Ulster (6amplayer) - Saxony (emperror) - Muscovy (LNO)
vs.
Grenada (gun) - Roma (Rex) - Nicaea (Xuul)

I had quite a bad start, and thought we'd already lost it in turn 8 or so. But sixam came to the rescue, and attacked Rex heavily. We could push him back to just around his cap. This gave me the time for a late advance of my capital. Gun was late to engage 6am, and 6am was able to support me throughout the game. In the east, LNO was stronger than Xuul, and after a while, LNO also bothered Rex, through Macedonia-Napoli, or through Venetia. Things looked good for north. I got a disconnection, though, and found my lands littered with armies when I came back. The AI also had taken Flanders from 6am, for me. The game looked balanced again, but LNO and 6am continued to have the better, and with their continuing attacks on Rex, south had to concede, in turn 57.

A screenshot of the game in that stage is attached.

Attachments: jul132009vsRex.JPG (140.4 KB)  
Date: July 13, 2009 01:27PM

Corsica, not Roma.. And at some points, south had the better of North.. I also hadn't even realized that you lost connection

Posted by: MrScientist ()
Date: July 13, 2009 10:06PM

Ulster(live4games) - Saxony (Sargon) -Muscovy (Xerxes)

Granada (james) - Rome (?/bingo/emp) - Niceae (sixamplayer)

Interesting game which lasted till turn 57 or something. I had a reasonable
start but it took long to make advantage with it, also because of a clean cutoff of 86 armies somehwere. Sargon had builtup his advantage against (?) but it still took some years and 2 reps when Rome finally fell.

Date: July 14, 2009 02:21AM

Ulster (matias.m) - Saxony (Reme) - Muscovy (SilverKnight)
vs.
Grenada (james) - Roma (empError) - Crete (Execum)

I was a bit lucky in the beginning, and could make a trip round Saxony, to Hanover. After that, the door was closed at Helvetica, and Reme had things under control. Execum went to the toilet for about 10 turns, and a bit later had to walk the dog. Upon his return, he found he had only Crete and Nicaea left, and left the game. I managed to get to Reme's cap in a spring around turn 20-30, destroying his attempt at advancing. I never managed to advance myself though. James had the better of matias, but Silverknight came through Napoli into Africa, and the game was lost then, if not earlier. LNO played a bit for Crete. Rome fell in turn 30-40, I think.

Date: July 14, 2009 05:01AM

Its unbelieveable to just go imo

Date: July 14, 2009 01:29PM

Just played a great game!

Ulster (Oz) - Saxony (Paars) - Muscovy (Rex)
Vs
Grenada (LikeNoOthers) - Corsica (Live4games) - Nicaea (LNO)

I had some good lands as Grenada.. While Rex had far better than Nicaea.. Think lands in middle was equally good.. North had best starts, and are very fast down at south. I had a good start as Grenada, so i was quickly in France and pushed Oz back. As Nicaea, i faced some bad luck as Nicaea though, and defended Byz. Paars had some 40k lands and had l4g pushed back at Genoa. Grenada came to help, and this was how it was for 40 turns.. Then North didn't have much time left, Grenada extremly strong, Rex very strong, and paars taking Genoa and Provence every now and then. But North made 3 cap killers.. about 250 in a total.. l4g mannage to take those from Paars and Oz, while i got a firstmove on rex' army. Next year, i cut off 70 of Rex troops, and had 100 in Macedonia. While having and army ready as Grenada.. So norths capkiller time.. Macedonian troops made it all the way to Saxony in winter. And that was the end of that game, since Grenada had 180 in Brittany

Attachments: Great game again.JPG (226 KB)  
Date: July 15, 2009 11:17AM

Different map:

Northumberland (gun) - Bohemia (Rex) - Finland (godsent)
vs.
Aquitaine (6amplayer) - Tunis (empError) - Nicaea (live4games)

Some thought north would be too strong, with Bohemia. We tried, and south soon was picking on Rex from all sides. Only Finland, Nicaea, and Tunis advanced, I think.

live4games profited from a fort in Moldavia he got just before godsent got there. South took turns running through Rex's lands. Godsent eventually got Moldavia, but 6am took the lead in the west. In turn 23 north conceded.

A map worth playing again, I'd say.

Date: July 15, 2009 11:23AM

And another, more standard one:

Ulster (Adrien) - Saxony (empError) - Lithuania (6amplayer)
vs.
Castile (gun) - Roma (Rex) - Nicaea (live4games)

The fight in the center swung back and forth, as luck chose its side. Adrien miraculously held off against gun, who didn't bother me much. 6am, on the other hand, had a run through Venetia and Genoa, which gave me the chance to advance. Rex got that chance only much later. With more pop for me than for Rex, and 6am a continuous threat to both Rex and l4g, I captured Roma in turn thirty-something, I think. Although it was spring, south conceded.

Date: July 16, 2009 09:22AM

ulster (airmidlein) - hanover (6amplayer) - ukrain (souvereign)
vs
leon (xerxes) - corsica (atlas) - niceae (adrien)

atlas has a good start. hanover falls around turn 43, ulster 1 or 2 turns after.

Date: July 17, 2009 08:51AM

ulster(iceq)-sax(paars)-lith?(godsent)
vs
aragon(james)-rome(xerxes)-nic(dd)
very bad luck for paars, sax falls turn 8.

Date: July 18, 2009 06:57AM

Ulster (IceQueen) - Saxony (empError) - Muscovy (gun)
vs.
Leon (Superfontane) - Roma (Paars) - Nicaea (live4games)

I noticed Paars was advancing early, in turn 6/7 or so, so I gathered a large army in Helvetica in winter, turn 8, to threaten Roma. Paars had to break off advancing, and switch to armies, while I had started advancing. With the help of Ice, we could keep Paars under pressure. He advanced, nevertheless. Superfontane could help him a bit by taking Luxembourg a few times. Live4games got to Poland and Brandenburg once, and later in the game became threatening in Hungary. He was quite a bit stronger than gun, by that time. Nevertheless, pressure on south kept rising, and in turn 30-35 south conceded.

Date: July 19, 2009 06:59AM

Ulster (Paars) vs Muscovy (empError)
Luxembourg (Tarasque) vs Serbia (IzzleKizzle)
Aragon (james) vs Tunis (IceQueen)

Tarasque took Serbia in turn 5, and wiped out Izzle in turn 6, when east had already conceded.

Date: July 19, 2009 08:41AM

Ulster (empError) - Saxony (IzzleKizzle) - Muscovy (IceQueen)
vs.
Morocco (Paars) - Roma (Tarasque) - Nicaea (Xerxes)

Tarasque soon had Izzle under pressure. Me and Ice tried to help out, and succeeded to some extent, but Paars soon had double my population and culture, advancing Grenada, Aragon, Gascony, before I could advance England (I never did). Ice was stronger than Xerxes, controlling the Balcans, and was north's only hope. Around turn 30, Paars took Saxony. I took it from him, and it got back to Izzle. A little later, Paars took it again. This time Ice took it, and bought advancement there, on Izzle's request. Paars regularly took England, and sneaked to Eire. I took a gamble there, that he would get back to Wales, leaving Ulster with weak defense. The next turn, Paars took Ulster. This was just after turn 40, I think, when north conceded.

Pages: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.